• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketsen

Your perceived methods may sound nice but why not leave the FATE alone and investigate other methods? Yet you and Haman seem insistent on doing the one method that would come off as troll worthy. Again, why?

There's absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with completing a FATE, especially one that's conveniently close to an aetheryte and doesn't require level syncing. It's nice for seals towards ventures and to some others, maybe an alexandrite! It just seems like a really, really silly thing to try making an issue out of when it doesn't even matter in making Minhocao spawn.

Such bull

Until people find another method to spawn the worm from hell, they will keep doing what method they believe works best. In a way, a placebo effect. Trolling others to try and prove a point gets us nowhere.

And honestly, I don't trust that you're doing this for the best interests of anyone. Only for amusement.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Such bull

Until people find another method to spawn the worm from hell, they will keep doing what method they believe works best. In a way, a placebo effect. Trolling others to try and prove a point gets us nowhere.

And honestly, I don't trust that you're doing this for the best interests of anyone. Only for amusement.

Tell that to the idiot who teleport trolled me just because I had a GAF tag.

studyguy

What servers were even getting harassed? Only time I ever see people salty is on super early pulls or random loners not getting a pt in time.

aceface

Pretty successful ex primal night yesterday. Got a bunch of folks their first garuda ex and Levi ex clears. Thanks to all who helped!

Maybe next Friday we should just devote the whole night to Titan.

Such bull

No what's bull is you defending people still trying to fail a fate the devs straight up said is not the spawn condition. People have a legit right now to complete that fate now(as if they didn't before). If people wanna stay ignorant and not find another way then they're just gonna have to be pissed when someone completes the fate and if they choose to harass they should get reported

MogCakes

When someone trades you in the middle of teleporting to stop you from leaving.

I left a hunt LS recently that had built up a narrative of GAF being the most evil players on the server and they would always blame GAF if a mark was pulled early. The FC's notoriety has taken on a life of its own. You could teleport troll them back, or report them for griefing and harassment. Assuming the GMs actually give a damn about moderating that behavior.

I'm having some trouble with turn 5. How do you gauge where to dodge Twintania's dive attack? I know the green icon indicates where she's going to smash, but the actual AoE doesn't have any perimeter markers and she seems to come from whatever direction she appeared, meaning attempting to dodge by running up along the perimeter is useless.

I left a hunt LS recently that had built up a narrative of GAF being the most evil players on the server and they would always blame GAF if a mark was pulled early. The FC's notoriety has taken on a life of its own. You could teleport troll them back, or report them for griefing and harassment. Assuming the GMs actually give a damn about moderating that behavior.

I'm having some trouble with turn 5. How do you gauge where to dodge Twintania's dive attack? I know the green icon indicates where she's going to smash, but the actual AoE doesn't have any perimeter markers and she seems to come from whatever direction she appeared, meaning attempting to dodge by running up along the perimeter is useless.

oh man, being the heel is awesome. For turn 5 you should be doing the ditch method for divebombs. Everybody goes into the ditch that the first set of snakes spawns and run out when the divebomb indicator shows up. This pretty much sets twin to divebomb in one direction (from the center towards the ditch). If everybody does this right, divebombs become easy unless ppl have lag

Just run up to hill and come back.

If you get hit is because the party aren't stacking well enough,

LProtag

Is anyone else fairy new?

I'm planning on hitting 50 soon-ish and I'd need some people to run some of the more basic end game content and I'd prefer not to use DF the entire time. I think it'd be fun to run it with other new players, though having an experienced person along to help out would be nice.

I just feel like if I had a bunch of really experienced people help carry me through everything it wouldn't be as fun, but I don't know.

Teknoman

I'm planning on hitting 50 soon-ish and I'd need some people to run some of the more basic end game content and I'd prefer not to use DF the entire time. I think it'd be fun to run it with other new players, though having an experienced person along to help out would be nice.

I just feel like if I had a bunch of really experienced people help carry me through everything it wouldn't be as fun, but I don't know.

Just ask in the FC and we'll go for it. Also the catch up help nights on Fridays.

http://neogaf.guildwork.com/

Ace,did you record the Leviathan battle?

Isaccard

Huehue

iammeiam

Catch-up nights have me convinced 50/50 old and new is the best way to approach it. You're never going to get the real newbie experience for most of this stuff, but I think a combination of old and new lets the new players actually learn the fight and get better at it without it being a straight carry, without things completely falling apart/getting really discouraging as everyone tries to figure out what they're doing wrong.

A lot of this content was supposed to be tough and demanding when it came out, and was designed to have people not succeed right away, but time, iLevel, and Echo has reduced it to just passing through.

Although I would still like to try T2 Rot method at some point. Just because.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

I'm a fairly fresh 50, if you see me online I'm usually up for dungeoning. Game name is Vivi Quan.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Catch-up nights have me convinced 50/50 old and new is the best way to approach it. You're never going to get the real newbie experience for most of this stuff, but I think a combination of old and new lets the new players actually learn the fight and get better at it without it being a straight carry, without things completely falling apart/getting really discouraging as everyone tries to figure out what they're doing wrong.

A lot of this content was supposed to be tough and demanding when it came out, and was designed to have people not succeed right away, but time, iLevel, and Echo has reduced it to just passing through.

Although I would still like to try T2 Rot method at some point. Just because.
Rot method in T2 is actually faster too.

Prototype

The wait for sol tomes is killing me. Really want that noct lorica. At least I'll have sands ready and waiting when Tuesday rolls around. ..

Prototype

Hey had a weird experience last night hunting... can black mage cast sleep on their own party members?

We were waiting for other people to show up for a hunt and all of a sudden our whole party was asleep and it really pissed me off. I'm assuming it was another player as the mark hadn't been engaged yet.

Pretty successful ex primal night yesterday. Got a bunch of folks their first garuda ex and Levi ex clears. Thanks to all who helped!

Maybe next Friday we should just devote the whole night to Titan.

I wish I could have joined for Leviathan. Titan makes me feel extremely negative emotions. No matter how good everyone is you're always one slip from instant wipe.

And the floor is bananas.

Ken

frontlines leaderboards are so meaningless when the game decides it's okay to start a 72 man game when one GC is down an entire alliance

also number 1 rule of frontlines: never mount in front of an enemy, nuadha

Wait what?

how else are you supposed to do blighted bouquet mechanic in t6? you have to sleep your party before it goes off to prevent a wipe!

Prototype

of course

Wow, you could troll so hard with this. We were all pissed because he slept us to prevent the mark from being hit but the sleep lasted so long that we almost missed killing it as other people came in and went to town on it while our entire group sat asleep.

dramatis

Wow, you could troll so hard with this. We were all pissed because he slept us to prevent the mark from being hit but the sleep lasted so long that we almost missed killing it as other people came in and went to town on it while our entire group sat asleep.
Ken's trolling you.

You can't sleep other players unless you're in PVP zones. Most likely you got hit with a sleep from the hunt mark itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom