• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Catch-up nights have me convinced 50/50 old and new is the best way to approach it. You're never going to get the real newbie experience for most of this stuff, but I think a combination of old and new lets the new players actually learn the fight and get better at it without it being a straight carry, without things completely falling apart/getting really discouraging as everyone tries to figure out what they're doing wrong.

A lot of this content was supposed to be tough and demanding when it came out, and was designed to have people not succeed right away, but time, iLevel, and Echo has reduced it to just passing through.

Although I would still like to try T2 Rot method at some point. Just because.

Were you in our party for Garuda/Leviathan last night? Angary maybe?

Just ask in the FC and we'll go for it. Also the catch up help nights on Fridays.

http://neogaf.guildwork.com/

Ace,did you record the Leviathan battle?

It did record but I messed up the encoding last night then I was gone all day today. I should be able to post it by tomorrow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
iODoF36DcDx1P.png
FFXIV is a never ending parade of amazing names.

iammeiam

So far the best part about fishing is sitting in random out-of-the-way areas and watching new people go about their business.

The worst part is FATES posing and blasting their loud music all over my peaceful fishing spot.

Were you in our party for Garuda/Leviathan last night? Angary maybe?

My secret identity has been discovered!

So I've decided to delve into macros for making stuff easier.

So far I have a macro for using Cover on my target or the target of my target then using Hallowed Ground afterwards (for saving people basically).

And another to use Fight or Flight then Bloodbath one second afterwards. I realized I could do the same for Rampart and Foresight so that's another one I could add.

Does anyone have any useful macros for PLD?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So what are the differences between normal Turn 9 and Savage T9?

Boss has 100K more HP.
Heavenfall starts off with the third, spiral AOE from the normal mode.
Boss does Ravensbeak and Megaflare during final phase.
Two people get Thunderstruck instead of one. The thunderstruck targets also get paralyze now.
Meteors fall in final phase.

So I've decided to delve into macros for making stuff easier.

So far I have a macro for using Cover on my target or the target of my target then using Hallowed Ground afterwards (for saving people basically).

And another to use Fight or Flight then Bloodbath one second afterwards. I realized I could do the same for Rampart and Foresight so that's another one I could add.

Does anyone have any useful macros for PLD?

I wouldn't use Hallowed Ground with that cover macro, use the cover macro then you can decide if using a normal CD is sufficient or you need HG, you see HG is not only used as a "oh shit" button is ver useful in certain mechanics on a few fights, you want to save it for when is really necessary.

As a recomendation don't use wait for chaining skills.

use this

/ac "Fight or Flight" <me>
/ac "Bloodbath" <me>

Because using wait can led to the skill not being used if you use another one in the middle and so cancelling the macro.

what I use is a Flight or Flight and Bloodbath with the Riot Blade Macro, something like this.

/ac "Bloodbath" <me>
/ac "Riot Balde" <t>

Why? because you can have all 3 in the same button while not compromissing anything. Riot Blade is not used until both skills are down, but since is so rarely used that's not a problem, and in the worst case scenario you have to activate both skills, which is basically a half a second.

Haly

I have Fight or Flight, Bloodbath, Mercy Stroke all on Fast Blade.

A bit crowded but it works.

I have Fight or Flight, Bloodbath, Mercy Stroke all on Fast Blade.

A bit crowded but it works.

I used to have it on fast blade, but sucks when you need to start a combo after a provoke or something and you need to go buff yourself first lol.

Or the fact you have to use the buff whenever they up instead of saving them for when they are more useful, on riot blade I can choose when to use them.

Putting Mercy Stroke is a good idea, never thought about it before.

Haly

I used to have it on fast blade, but sucks when you need to start a combo after a provoke or something and you need to go buff yourself first lol.

Nah, I do it like this:

/macroicon "Fast Blade"
/ac "Fast Blade" <t>
/ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
/ac "Bloodbath" <me>

Fast Blade always goes first, so I never miss a beat for my 1-2-3 combo. The only way I could reach the rest of the macro is if:

1) I'm in GCD, which is the perfect time to weave these buffs.
2) I'm out of range, which is, again, a good time to use these buffs.

Doesn't always work out, like when I'm moving around and trying to hit Fast Blade, but I'm just outside of melee range, so I wind up buffing myself instead. I don't really consider wasting a few seconds on FoF/Bloodbath a gamebreaker though.

Ken

the only macros on a paladin you need are the ones that warn the party you have HG expiring or that yo used provoke

I wouldn't use Hallowed Ground with that cover macro, use the cover macro then you can decide if using a normal CD is sufficient or you need HG, you see HG is not only used as a "oh shit" button is ver useful in certain mechanics on a few fights, you want to save it for when is really necessary.

As a recomendation don't use wait for chaining skills.

use this

/ac "Bloodbath" <me>

Because using wait can led to the skill not being used if you use another one in the middle and so cancelling the macro.

what I use is a Flight or Flight and Bloodbath with the Riot Blade Macro, something like this.

/ac "Bloodbath" <me>
/ac "Riot Balde" <t>

Why? because you can have all 3 in the same button while not compromissing anything. Riot Blade is not used until both skills are down, but since is so rarely used that's not a problem, and in the worst case scenario you have to activate both skills, which is basically a half a second.

Hmm, well I guess I can have two setups, one with Cover and one with Cover + Hallowed Ground. So if I don't want to use HG with Cover I can but if I want to use them together then I can use the macro. And if I just want to HG myself I can just use the macro again without any of the targeting conditions fulfilled for Cover.

Don't you have to press the macro twice if you don't put a wait command inbetween those two buffs? So far it hasn't been an issue in that I tend to weave them inbetween my GCD attacks or before. If I do mess it up then I can just press it again for the second buff. I'll test it the other way tomorrow.

Nah, I do it like this:

/macroicon "Fast Blade"
/ac "Fast Blade" <t>
/ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
/ac "Bloodbath" <me>

Fast Blade always goes first, so I never miss a beat for my 1-2-3 combo. The only way I could reach the rest of the macro is if:

1) I'm in GCD, which is the perfect time to weave these buffs.
2) I'm out of range, which is, again, a good time to use these buffs.

Doesn't always work out, like when I'm moving around and trying to hit Fast Blade, but I'm just outside of melee range, so I wind up buffing myself instead. I don't really consider wasting a few seconds on FoF/Bloodbath a gamebreaker though.

I'll try this one tomorrow as well. I don't have Mercy Stroke yet though.

the only macros on a paladin you need are the ones that warn the party you have HG expiring or that yo used provoke

I need to set these up too.

BadRNG

MT can get thunderstruck in Savage T9 tho. :eek:
That shouldn't be a big deal though, we can get targeted by fire during out phase so it'd be same idea, just tell group and run through boss on your own.

The far more annoying thing is the paralyze on thunderstruck person that someone mentioned. If it is like the normal mode and can't be dispelled that seems like some major BS. Maybe the timing is different in savage but if it is around same as normal then you can get horribly screwed by RNG, paralyzed person targeted by dives can mean instant wipe or if nova instant death for the person.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That shouldn't be a big deal though, we can get targeted by fire during out phase so it'd be same idea, just tell group and run through boss on your own.

The far more annoying thing is the paralyze on thunderstruck person that someone mentioned. If it is like the normal mode and can't be dispelled that seems like some major BS. Maybe the timing is different in savage but if it is around same as normal then you can get horribly screwed by RNG, paralyzed person targeted by dives can mean instant wipe or if nova instant death for the person.

Looking at the video, it doesn't look like it can be cleansed... brutal mode indeed.

Pixels

Really enjoying the game now at level 12. Feels like they took XI and made it much easier to get around and fight. Main story quests and voiced cutscenes are great too.

zpiders

A question on spending Allagan tomestones of mythology. I have purchased a full set of ilvl90 armor and have my zenith relic weapon. I have almost reached my limit of 2000 and want to know what you guys would recommend I purchase with those now?

plake

A question on spending Allagan tomestones of mythology. I have purchased a full set of ilvl90 armor and have my zenith relic weapon. I have almost reached my limit of 2000 and want to know what you guys would recommend I purchase with those now?

If you don't need anything else for your main class: gear for an alt class/crafting materials to sell on the market board (to earn some Gil). Look up what brings in the most money.

Any other job you're interested in? You could also buy a Rad Itz oil and Thvarian Mist too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom