• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

I can't believe it's almost been a year since ARR launch.

For the anniversary they should recreate what the login situation was like at launch. Let the new players get a taste of that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I can't believe it's almost been a year since ARR launch.

For the anniversary they should recreate what the login situation was like at launch. Let the new players get a taste of that.

Please no... I had to play on a JP server because of that.

aceface

Please no... I had to play on a JP server because of that.

Just getting online was its own minigame.

It worked...eventually, you would just have to hammer login from 1-120 minutes.

I remember Square would open the floodgates once an hour and about 30 people would all come on at once.

Piecake

Ignore me if this isnt supposed to go here, but is anyone willing to give me a free-trial? I've read that it can really only be done through a person who already owns the game through some friend thing and not me simply downloading a client.

PM me if you are willing. I have been interested in trying it for a while and since I tweaked my knee recently, meaning a lot of doing nothing is in my future for a week or two, I thought this was a good opportunity. I really appreciate it!

scy

You just download the trial, no other person needed. Just to note, you have a lot of restrictions here (e.g., can't go above Level 20, 20,000 Gil limit, can't send tells, etc.). I really need to upgrade my account at some point...

There's a referral system but that's for rewards and based on a paid account, not the trial.

Piecake

You just download the trial, no other person needed. Just to note, you have a lot of restrictions here (e.g., can't go above Level 20, 20,000 Gil limit, can't send tells, etc.). I really need to upgrade my account at some point...

There's a referral system but that's for rewards and based on a paid account, not the trial.

Sweet, thanks.

So me and a friend are both in the trial period and we are going to both attempt to use recruit a friend on each other so we both get all of the rewards. I think it will work...

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Think I might switch from 50 SMN to 50 SCH for a bit. Feel like healing. Just gotta get WHM to 34 for stoneskin first. I'm still somewhat left with the dilemma of how to split soldiery between this job and WAR, but both can do well with a mix of that and high allagan stuff, so I'll fiddle around for a bit and see what happens. May start hitting up the first few turns of coil on SCH to scrounge up some gear in the early going.

I enjoy how hunts have turned out. Nothing's more fun than a server train full of radar & spawn timer robots,early puller complaints and not being able to get full credit for anything unless you're a part of the madness. It's really brought the communities together like never before.

elyetis

I enjoy how hunts have turned out. Nothing's more fun than a server train full of radar & spawn timer robots,early puller complaints and not being able to get full credit for anything unless you're a part of the madness. It's really brought the communities together like never before.
Seems like someone got the exact same experience as me this afternoon.

So, is arcanist a fun class? arcanist/scholar always seemed pretty interesting when I was looking it up.

depends on your definition of fun. I'd say it's easy with just some pet management

you should at least take it to 30 to see if you like it since you cant heal until you get the sch job crystal

aceface

So im curious. Is the pit how that mechanic is supposed to be designed? Like did the devs clearly mean for that to be how the dive bombs be handled?

They had a chance to change the arena design and nerf the pit dodging strat but they didn't. So, guess so?

I hunt in the morning mainly and the GAF hunt LS is mostly dead so I've been putting together parties for hunting on pf. It's been awesome, met a lot of great people and folks are usually polite and wait a reasonable amount of time before pulling. I've really had a great time with hunts, I'm sad cause I'm going back to work in a week so I won't be able to do them in the morning anymore.

I have tried hunting during prime time which while not awful is a lot more frustrating. I think because of the sheer numbers of people on it's just tough getting there before a pull. Naturally when people see huge hoards forming they want to pull and I don't blame them.

Cheddahz

Banned
I was thinking about getting into the game and I saw that you can pay for subscriptions through Steam now (if you have a Steam copy of the game). Is it a automatic payment form or is it manually done (so that I can pay each time my time runs out)?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I was thinking about getting into the game and I saw that you can pay for subscriptions through Steam now (if you have a Steam copy of the game). Is it a automatic payment form or is it manually done (so that I can pay each time my time runs out)?

Pretty sure Steam Wallet is manual only.

elyetis

Joined a Immortals LS... going into the fronline with a premade ( and taking the B team job every time ) is such a game changer.

So im curious. Is the pit how that mechanic is supposed to be designed? Like did the devs clearly mean for that to be how the dive bombs be handled?

Probably. Like others mentioned they already flattened out the arena for other reason but left the pit like it was when that was the strat that everyone uses.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The other way to deal with divebombs I can think of is to spread far around the arena or rely on everybody to sprint out of the way and that can fuck right off.

Probably. Like others mentioned they already flattened out the arena for other reason but left the pit like it was when that was the strat that everyone uses.

One thing I really like about the way Yoshi and his team are handling this game is that they are letting the players play the game.

Taruranto

Levi music is awfuuuul, fuck drums. :X

So, is arcanist a fun class? arcanist/scholar always seemed pretty interesting when I was looking it up.

SCH is the best and most fun class in the game due to the versatility and stuff you have to manage. (No 1-2-3 macro like DPS have and you aren't a healbot like WHM)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's cause SCHs get their own personal Healbot while they do more interesting things.

Taruranto

WHM are good to take the blame on healing 8-men parties, since most people don't even know how SCH works (People still ask me to Medica II).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom