• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I'm maxed on company seals. What do I buy? I don't *need* anything from the store AFAIK, so I guess just whatever is the most useful/profitable?

Isaccard

Here's the cruel reality about BLMs in endgame. There's a stigma out there against having them in coil. Folks would prefer a SMN then gamble on a BLM as their DpS is often low and super random. While SMN has more utility with their pets and DOTs! . BLMs can manage in second coil, but you have to be damn good and carry your weight. Ignoring aetherial manipulation is a big mistake.

You just need to know where to be before it actually happens. AM can be great if it's your thing but I do ignore it and I'm cool with that. As long as you only waste one GCD on scathe per movement phase your DPS is fine for anything it needs to be (disclaimer: I haven't done T9 at all myself and I'm sure it's miserable and a horror story but everyone says everything is a horror story in this game when it's rare for something to actually be that terrible).

Learn to BLM. Scathe is great when your AM is down, but it doesn't make up for an additional proper spell.

The whole reason people were asking for BLM's to get buff is because of the mobility issue we face in SCoB. This buff is an extreme knee jerk to the complaints and doesn't solve this issue what-so-ever. Yes, AM is an under utilized tool by many BLM's (outside of Levi EX, because that's the only time I've ever needed to use it.) but if it's the catch all answer to our mobility problem, YoshiP and his team would have (ignorantly) said the same thing you're arguing: "Use AM and L2P baddies!", like they did with Warrior and they were wrong then too, before actually addressing Warriors problems, This buff is nice; good BLM's
shoutouts to Makoto for that T9 GAF BLM kill!
will be even better but this hardly addresses the reason people wanted buffs in the first place.

One thing I was actually hoping for with the BLM buffs is an improvement to Aetherial Manipulation. Changing it so that I could drop an anchor and port back to that anchor rather than port to a party member would make it a lot easier to pull off on a controller, for example. It's a pain in the ass sometimes to make a judgement about who to port to in the heat of the moment.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't understand the point of that, since you can now get up to level 20, which should unlock everything.

You can get up to lvl 20 with many items only obtained through gardening. Which is obtained by having a FC with a house with a garden. Not everyone will have these for awhile. Everyone being able to reset skills allows those who want to try another skill tree right off the bat if they want as well.

Options are good.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Also, remember folks; These are just the preliminary notes. The full patch notes often have much more in them. So, BLMs should calm down a bit until the 7th. =P

aceface

In Titan extreme, is there a way to know if he's going to do mountain busters?

Yes, Titan always follows a set pattern. Here's the pattern for Titan Ex:

9kBP1Re.png

Jeels

You're best bet is to spiritbond level 45+ gathering accessories. Get a crafter to attach some junk materia to make it go faster. You will most likely get level 3 gathering materia but I have got my fair share of level 4 materia, all for the low cost of a few crystals and the materia I had to buy.

In addition if you're spiritbonding non-class-specific items like accessories you don't have to actually craft to spiritbond crafting items. You can just run CT or spam mobs in Urth's Gift.

Thanks. I tried to do a search with no results, what are those level 45+ accessories named?

Also, at what point will Talon start selling me stuff? Right now he says "Don't know ye...".

Dunan

Thanks. I tried to do a search with no results, what are those level 45+ accessories named?

Also, at what point will Talon start selling me stuff? Right now he says "Don't know ye...".

Reach level 50 with a crafter. Suddenly he and his partner will be best buddies with you.

dramatis

Ay ay ay!
The full patch notes probably don't have much more in them. The bulk of information following the current deluge will come from a site like XIVDB datamining the patch data.

Bear in mind the key to spiritbonding materia isn't just equipping the materia on your gatherer and going out to bash rocks. The key to spiritbinding is to equip the gear to your combat class and then find a buddy, pull out your chocobo, and kill lvl 50 mobs.

lordxar

Yes, Titan always follows a set pattern. Here's the pattern for Titan Ex:

That chart is missing the part where the party wipes, panics that it can't be done, and bails. Though its probably difficult to pin down where it occurs on a flow chart...

Jeels

Bear in mind the key to spiritbonding materia isn't just equipping the materia on your gatherer and going out to bash rocks. The key to spiritbinding is to equip the gear to your combat class and then find a buddy, pull out your chocobo, and kill lvl 50 mobs.

I have no idea what is being said. I thought it was weapons that were spiritbonded into materia, which you can then use on weapons. Materia is spiritbonded too?

Sorian

Banned
I have no idea what is being said. I thought it was weapons that were spiritbonded into materia, which you can then use on weapons. Materia is spiritbonded too?

All gear can gain spirit bond % when it's at 100 you can turn it into a materia. Gear that has materia slotted into it gains spirit bond % at a faster rate.

dramatis

Every piece of gear that doesn't have the text "Convertible: No" at the bottom can be spiritbonded. When the spiritbond with a piece of gear reaches 100%, you can Press Square/Right-Click on the gear item to open up the submenu, and select 'Convert'.

Convert turns that 100% spiritbonded gear item (be it pants or rings or anything) into Materia.

1. Equip pants
  2. Kill 1 enemy
  3. Pants are now bound to you, and cannot be sold on market board, only to NPC
  4. Kill lots of enemies
  5. Pants reaches 100% spiritbond (white bar next to your gear icon)
  6. Convert
  7. Your pants become a materia. (You now have no pants.)

Spiritbond with a piece of gear increases depending on the amount of exp the gear piece gets.
  • Lvl 50 pants > Kill Lvl 1 enemies > Might take several thousand Lvl 1 enemies before 100% spiritbond
  • Lvl 1 pants > Kill Lvl 1 enemies > Should spiritibond at a reasonable rate

Two ways to speed up the spiritbond process is to
  1. Wear HQ gear. HQ items spiritbond faster than normal quality items.
  2. Meld materia to the gear item. Each materia melded increases the spiritbond rate by a flat percentage. You can meld any garbage materia in and it will still have the same rate, so don't waste your valuable materia on this.

Obviously, aside from maximizing the rate at which a piece of gear spiritbonds, you also ideally want to kill enemies as fast as you can and farm a lot of exp for your gear to get them to spiritbond faster. For that, there are several locations where Lvl 50 enemies spawn fairly quickly in a small area, that you can theoretically massacre for your gear.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Lvl 50 pants > Kill Lvl 1 enemies > Might take several thousand Lvl 1 enemies before 100% spiritbond.
I think below a certain level difference you don't get ANY spiritbond, so you can kill all the level 1 enemies you like and your Coral Earrings won't reach 100%.

You've beaten up yes, but I bet anything your parse was extremely sorry and if anything. You DpS was carried by everyone else. Titan ex is one of the hardest fights on blm DpS wise. You will parse at the bottom and more do if you're not manipulation
Lol I sure my dps was good. As long as you know the patterns and know when to move your dps is gonna be good in that fight. Lol at trying to say I'm bad at dps in that fight cause I don't use AM.

Sorian

Banned
Yoshida doesn't give a fuck about your parses

I kind of want him to make a coil fight that is 100% mechanics and ignores damage done by group (think copperbell HM second boss) but with real mechanics that aren't face roll easy. It would have to be an early turn (first turn) though because is feel like it was a cop out if it was late in the raid cycle.

Ken

I kind of want him to make a coil fight that is 100% mechanics and ignores damage done by group (think copperbell HM second boss) but with real mechanics that aren't face roll easy. It would have to be an early turn (first turn) though because is feel like it was a cop out if it was late in the raid cycle.

Riou's Ballad: The Avatar

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Talking bout BLMs...

I have never used Aetherial Manipulation. Idon't even know what it does. Enlighten me so I can play better!

Sorian

Banned
CT1 was like that from the start as well. Full set of i100 left side in a week for free is a little silly lol.

Felt silly at the time too but do you remember how many people in here thought it was the stupidest decision ever and it was the worst decision ever made?

Eldren

Queue times for healers are ridiculous. I'm working on my CNJ (first time I've ever done any healing) and I'm really enjoying it but man the difference is hilarious. I'm doing guildhests and the lower level dungeons to level up and I think the average queue time has been somewhere between 5 and 10 seconds. The longest was 1 minute for Copperbell Mines, which I just finished (and got all 3 commendations for!) In contrast, I had to request help from GAF after queueing for more than 40 minutes as a BRD for Titan story mode. Thinking about healing endgame content is a little scary but for now it's a lot of fun.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Thinking about healing endgame content is a little scary but for now it's a lot of fun.

I was thinking the same thing, but 34/35 when you get Stoneskin and Regen completely changes the game. I went from being super uncomfortable and unsure about my healing to feeling a lot better about unexpected damage and whatnot.

Still scared about how 8-man DF healing works... but, I'll find out soon enough.

Ah yea, just saw an awesome AF2 WHM cosplay here at Anime Expo, but the girl was on the lower level and couldn't get to her in time to ask for a photo. Hopefully I see it again.

kiryogi

Banned
So I... quickly rush to someone's side? That could be useful for AOEs.

Minimizes movement and sometimes even lets you avoid some really fatal things, like Leviathans Slam. Cancels it out completely, while everyone else falls to the side.

MechaX

Is Pharos Sirius as difficult as the rest of the internet makes it appear to be? All I'm reading is stories of rage quitting.

Personally, I never found Pharos to be too difficult even before the patch (but I can see why many would think so), and it's still probably one of my most favorite dungeons in the game. Before the patch the dungeon definitely hit like an adult man though, but now it's not that bad. The problem is that things can go really, really badly on the first two bosses if you either don't know mechanics or cannot react on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom