• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I want to play Arcanist though. :p

I'm planning on going Scholar so I'll have to stick it out till 30 I guess.

Well, just keep in mind that once you level one class to 50, you get double XP for leveling every other class. (Sans Gatherers and Crafters.)

So I almost always recommend leveling a Tank or Healer first, since long DPS queues don't matter as much the second time through.

Well, just keep in mind that once you level one class to 50, you get double XP for leveling every other class. (Sans Gatherers and Crafters.)

So I almost always recommend leveling a Tank or Healer first, since long DPS queues don't matter as much the second time through.

I have a PLD at level 50 and a few classes at random levels. This is my first time queuing as DPS so not getting instant/almost instant groups is a little jarring.

Gives me time to do leves/hunting book in the meantime I guess.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Sigh.
iboYrPXeInWwvM.png

So done with the hunts.

Jomjom

Banned

Hiya just letting you know I sent you a PM about Fan Fest! Check it and let me know!

Anyone else here going to Fan Fest? Only 2 months away, I'm pretty hyped!

Jayhawk

You know how to decrease your hotel rates for fan fest and other similar events? SHARE A ROOM. You'd only be using the rooms for sleeping and showering, and who knows how much of either you plan on doing.

WolvenOne

You know how to decrease your hotel rates for fan fest and other similar events? SHARE A ROOM. You'd only be using the rooms for sleeping and showering, and who knows how much of either you plan on doing.

I've done that for furry cons, (don't ask,) so I'm not ruling it out.

Jomjom

Banned

I got a free room at the Rio for being a frequent gambler. So hopefully if there's lot of swag it'll be easier to just take the elevator up and drop off crap.

Jayhawk

I got a free room at the Rio for being a frequent gambler. So hopefully if there's lot of swag it'll be easier to just take the elevator up and drop off crap.

I had to take a bus trip in the middle of the day once at SDCC to drop off all the swag I was carrying. Swag drop-off quickness has since then become a priority for me.

Tabris

Share a room? Eww. Unless you're 18 years old on your first road trip.

So what chest in Aurum Vale has the Dodore Wing and hows the drop rate for it. Or would you suggest rather buying them off the Market Board

I know a GM said it's a reportable offense to reset hunts, but if people in general at a hunt mark are shouting a pull time and a person pulls significantly ahead of that time, it's got to be okay to forcibly reset it to thwart the troll, right? Well, as long as I can toy with the group and kite the hunt mark around without resetting, I'm satisfied. Have to have some fun with hunts...

This isn't a business trip Riou, it's a fan convention. I'm not sure what your fan/enthusiast convention history is, but I can share my thoughts after attending these types of conventions in both the US and abroad for nearly 10 years...

I've been going to conventions since 2005, and it's pretty standard fare that the majority of con-goers share a room with at least one other person, usually other friends or family. Conventions like to jack up the prices for rooms, and let's be honest, staying far away from the con sucks and can cost even more in transportation/parking fees. So staying closer for a bit more money is usually optimal. In order to offset the higher cost per night, people room up to make it affordable.

I've always shared a room unless it was paid for by my company. It's how most people do conventions. I understand if you have the money and like privacy it's optimal to have your own room. And honestly, I love having my own space and love having my own room at conventions when it's on my company's dime. However, when it comes to spending my own money, I don't like over indulging in something like a convention on a room when you'll barely be spending any time in it.

Though yes, the younger crowds tend to pack in more than what's allowed and it's just a tiny bit insane.

Scher

So what chest in Aurum Vale has the Dodore Wing and hows the drop rate for it. Or would you suggest rather buying them off the Market Board

It's the chest after the second boss, in that room with the scorpions, wasps, and a single blue ghost thing. If you really want dodore wings, I wouldn't recommend that. The better alternative is to check the level 40 and 45 leatherworking leves every now and then. Those leves have a chance of giving dodore wings as a reward. If you don't actually have leatherworking leveled yourself, you can always check with any friends who are leatherworkers and see if they're willing to check leves for dodore wings.

Ken

using hawk eye to counter attunement is the worst pvp advice ever

I know a GM said it's a reportable offense to reset hunts, but if people in general at a hunt mark are shouting a pull time and a person pulls significantly ahead of that time, it's got to be okay to forcibly reset it to thwart the troll, right? Well, as long as I can toy with the group and kite the hunt mark around without resetting, I'm satisfied. Have to have some fun with hunts...

No? Who gave any one person the right to set a pull time.

I personally get upset when any rank mark is at sub 50% or about to die and some dude decides to reset it so a few more people can get credit for it.

Jomjom

Banned

If I'm going on a trip with my wife to Hawaii or something, yeah you're right. This is about as nerdy a con as you can go to, so I have no problem with sharing with the three guy friends I'm going with. Nobody cares about sleeping on the floor so we'll just take turns. It's more fun this way anyway since we can geek out about what happened during the day afterward in the hotel room. ALSO GET DRUNK AS F***!

Jeels

Alright everyone, so I was thinking we create a groupme so that we can all get in touch/stay in touch during the fan event. There was a similar spreadsheet for The International and it worked well (gaf group hung out during and after the event), so I thought it'd be worth it for this. To see the link, please quote this post (so non gaffer's can't see).

Quote this post for the link to the google doc for the FFXIV Fan Fest GAF Group

If for whatever reason you don't feel comfortable putting your number on the spreadsheet but still want to be in the group me, you can private message me your number and I can add you to the group that way.

Thanks!

No? Who gave any one person the right to set a pull time.

I personally get upset when any rank mark is at sub 50% or about to die and some dude decides to reset it so a few more people can get credit for it.

My goal with the resets I've done is to deter idiots who have no regard for anyone else and just cause others to be frustrated. If your group found a hunt first and does the zone/server a courtesy by shouting out its position and gives a nice lead time until pull, others should be courteous in return by waiting.

I'm also only talking about A/B ranks (mostly A though). S ranks are a different story. First, good luck resetting that with how many people are there, and two, there are usually so many people required to down it that you usually end up with plenty of time to arrive. If you're late, it usually takes much longer to kill it, so you can get there in time and have a reasonable chance at full credit or partial credit.

Ken

My goal with the resets I've done is to deter idiots who have no regard for anyone else and just cause others to be frustrated. If your group found a hunt first and does the zone/server a courtesy by shouting out its position and gives a nice lead time until pull, others should be courteous in return by waiting.

oh i see what this is about

i disagree though

the argument for S rank still holds though as there are always late comers that will get angry.

oh i see what this is about

i disagree though

the argument for S rank still holds though as there are always late comers that will get angry.

I'll concede there will always be latecomers, it's more about people taking advantage of others being nice. Like you see people in zones reply to shouts of "29, 14 Marraco! Pull ET 5:45" with "don't shout the pull time because people will just pull early!" Or people who shout "pulled" when it's not pulled to try to deter people from coming to the hunt. I also concede there should be some competitive aspect to hunts (you found it, it's yours type mentality), but again if you're trying to be nice and people take advantage of it, that stinks.

Is the new avatar called Aang and is he a lala? :O

It is Aang, but not a Lala. I went with adult Aang.

Ken

I'll concede there will always be latecomers, it's more about people taking advantage of others being nice. Like you see people in zones reply to shouts of "29, 14 Marraco! Pull ET 5:45" with "don't shout the pull time because people will just pull early!" Or people who shout "pulled" when it's not pulled to try to deter people from coming to the hunt. I also concede there should be some competitive aspect to hunts (you found it, it's yours type mentality), but again if you're trying to be nice and people take advantage of it, that stinks.

You really shouldn't put much stock in random shouts calling out an arbitrary time.

I'm also only talking about A/B ranks (mostly A though). S ranks are a different story. First, good luck resetting that with how many people are there, and two, there are usually so many people required to down it that you usually end up with plenty of time to arrive. If you're late, it usually takes much longer to kill it, so you can get there in time and have a reasonable chance at full credit or partial credit.

but what if i wanna just kill a hunt with pals if we come across it. why i gotta wait for the server to get there

Tabris

but what if i wanna just kill a hunt with pals if we come across it. why i gotta wait for the server to get there

Because if everyone followed that mantra, there wouldn't be many hunts to get seals from as they would always be dead by the time it was announced unless your party scouted it.

"Caveman" Choice: Kill the game just for myself or bring it back to the tribe so everyone can survive. Then when someone else hunts and kills something, he can bring it back to the tribe so you don't starve as you couldn't find anything.

If the "Caveman" followed your methodology, humanity wouldn't exist.

It's the chest after the second boss, in that room with the scorpions, wasps, and a single blue ghost thing. If you really want dodore wings, I wouldn't recommend that. The better alternative is to check the level 40 and 45 leatherworking leves every now and then. Those leves have a chance of giving dodore wings as a reward. If you don't actually have leatherworking leveled yourself, you can always check with any friends who are leatherworkers and see if they're willing to check leves for dodore wings.

so just go to the leve givers and check. Does the rewards change without doing it? Just wanted to know how that works

Because if everyone followed that mantra, there wouldn't be many hunts to get seals from as they would always be dead by the time it was announced unless your party scouted it.

"Caveman" Choice: Kill the game just for myself or bring it back to the tribe so everyone can survive. Then when someone else hunts and kills something, he can bring it back to the tribe so you don't starve as you couldn't find anything.

as it is now when sharing, many cavemen travel far and wide to follow the hunt. many do not make it to feed their tribes, though they traveled just as long as others. so many have heard of the bounty that all has run out, now these other cavemen continuously starve waiting to hear of the next bounty.

why are we comparing infinite resource in a game to cavemen

Ken

what is this lol

MechaX

Fucking Expert Dungeons man.

Cooking Sherry, Water, and fucking DRG armor can drop for days, but anything else? Fuck that.

I swear I will probably end up completing the DRG set before getting any single good piece of armor for a class I actually use. No one even rolls on that DRG shit anyway!

So I finally got my free trial download going.

What's the most fun starting class to play for the free trial? As it's only 14 days and up to level 20.

I normally like playing DPS, healer, or mage, not really a fan of warrior tank types as much.

Ken

So I finally got my free trial download going.

What's the most fun starting class to play for the free trial? As it's only 14 days and up to level 20.

I normally like playing DPS, healer, or mage, not really a fan of warrior tank types as much.

dragoons are a cool and honorable job

elyetis

Because it pretty much doesn't bring anything more to you, while punishing between 10 and 100 other people ? ( and given the hunt fights it's really not like fighting them with a small group make them that much more of an interesting fight ).
And, while hunt are an 'infinite' ressource given infinite time, there is still a very limited number of hunt given a specific time frame. so It's still very much making it hunt a wast of time for some people with a limited amount of it who can only play at peak hour.

But on the bright side, each time someone act like this even more people complain, and it might lead for some change in hunt.... for better or worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom