• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

Been meaning to look into this, but my framerate has been a bit spotty lately, even when in dungeons. I always seem to be having the same problem since the beta, where depending on the camera angle the framerate will dip from 60 fps to something much smaller.

I was wondering if anyone ever found a recommended setting to properly optimize the game and/or increase performance? I realize this largely depends on the server itself, but if there's any tweaking I could do on my end I would like to know.

studyguy

image.php

I've never, ever seen any horse drop.
Ever.

Taruranto

This Friday night, 9pm eastern Ultros GAF help night presents:

Come at 9pm Eastern and join the fun! Ideally we could get maybe 6 or 7 veterans and one or two newcomers in each party for the greatest % of clears, but that would depend on how many show up.

Get as many dragoons as you can! It's important!

WolvenOne

More things I'd like to see next patch: Quality of life edition.

1: an actual Titan EM nerf. Just lengthen out the cast time on Plumes by 1.5 to 2 seconds, that'd take care of most the issues newer players have.

2: Desynth for EM Primal Drops, primal focus, etc. Give players more incentives to farm these fights so I can finally get a pony.

3: New cosmetic items for Behemoth and Odin, also increase the max level for these fights to 65.

4: Adjust the rewards for high level Fates, specifically, to provide more Gil and GC seals.

5: Add a Raid Roulette, preferably one that covers First Coil and CT1 and CT2.

6: Namingway, even if you have to pay a small fee, there should be a more practical way to rename characters than Transferring servers twice.

7: more mount animations. I want to make my bear growl on command.

Zareka

So, uh, as a relatively fresh level 50, what's a good way to earn tomes of mythology to get my gear? I'm looking at the duty finder, and 30 for the highest level dungeons seems a tad...low. Or is that just me?
6: Namingway, even if you have to pay a small fee, there should be a more practical way to rename characters than Transferring servers twice.
I would like this very much, if only so I could change to a male miqo'te without still being called Rebeccat.

phierce

So, uh, as a relatively fresh level 50, what's a good way to earn tomes of mythology to get my gear? I'm looking at the duty finder, and 30 for the highest level dungeons seems a tad...low. Or is that just me?

I would like this very much, if only so I could change to a male miqo'te without still being called Rebeccat.
Join an active hunt group and grind hunts for a few hours. Myth flows like water...

chris-013

4 duty roulettes give 100 mythos each (expert, high, low level and story). I think you still need to unlock new dungeons. The easy way now to farm mythos is the hunt, you can gain 1200+ mythos in one day hunting.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So yeah...

Life Wrecked 2.0:

So I just got back from the Hospital once again

It was a crazy 5 days again >_<
My wound got infected and was turning into another abscess, had to go in for emergency Surgery for the 3rd time in 2 years for the same area

Went it on the 7th, released on the 11th
Now my wound which was healing from last month (was 75% closed) got ripped open to double the size again and now I start rehabing it all over again
This time they even attached a rubber tubing inside my wound to flush out stuff on it's own or put liquid in to do it for ya', so I have rubber tail coming out of my ass....

Got Surgery Clinic appointment for Friday to remove tubing, hopefully everything starts healing up ; ;
5 days felt like an eternity in there, no internet/tv ($$$ + too much hassle to lug shit around), just roomates/random people to chat

Seriously LIFE SUCKS at the Moment!
Lost 40 lbs over the month and half this fiasco started though...

Zareka

Join an active hunt group and grind hunts for a few hours. Myth flows like water...
4 duty roulettes give 100 mythos each (expert, high, low level and story). I think you still need to unlock new dungeons. The easy way now to farm mythos is the hunt, you can gain 1200+ mythos in one day hunting.
Now that you both mention it, someone in my FC was saying hunting gave out crazy tomes. I'll definitely need to look in to that. I take it hunting alone isn't really an option?

I think I still need to unlock dungeons, yes. I don't even have the 4 daily roulettes you mentioned. I only have low and main scenario which give out tomes. :(
So yeah...

Life Wrecked 2.0:
I don't know you, but geeze, I hope your life sorts itself out soon for you. Wishing you all the best. :(

Teknoman

So yeah...

Life Wrecked 2.0:

My wound got infected and was turning into another abscess, had to go in for emergency Surgery for the 3rd time in 2 years for the same area

Now my wound which was healing from last month (was 75% closed) got ripped open to double the size again and now I start rehabing it all over again
This time they even attached a rubber tubing inside my wound to flush out stuff on it's own or put liquid in to do it for ya', so I have rubber tail coming out of my ass....

Got Surgery Clinic appointment for Friday to remove tubing, hopefully everything starts healing up ; ;
5 days felt like an eternity in there, no internet/tv ($$$ + too much hassle to lug shit around), just roomates/random people to chat

Jeez, that sounds rough... you get into an accident or something?

Mairu

so yeah, roster changes lead to more t6 savage... :[

http://www.twitch.tv/jmairu

So yeah...

Life Wrecked 2.0:

O_O good luck

That was our first real night with the full team and T8. And now our SMN is gone the rest of the week for a conference. I can almost taste the win.

Oh well, got another MNK drop in Coil so that makes up for not being to upgrade something for another two weeks.

Everyone giving me mean looks...D:

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I've never, ever seen any horse drop.
Ever.

Neither have I. I've also never seen any rarity items such as baby opo-opo or housing ingridients drop until the last week when some guy got Titan's Heart from hard mode and a throne gem dropped from ST.

phierce

Now that you both mention it, someone in my FC was saying hunting gave out crazy tomes. I'll definitely need to look in to that. I take it hunting alone isn't really an option?

I think I still need to unlock dungeons, yes. I don't even have the 4 daily roulettes you mentioned. I only have low and main scenario which give out tomes. :(

I don't know you, but geeze, I hope your life sorts itself out soon for you. Wishing you all the best. :(
Hunting alone is a great option...I capped my soldiery (and over 1500 myth that I had absolutely no need for) in a few hours with nothing but hunts this morning.

It's stupid how fast non-raiders can gear up.

Hunting alone is a great option...I capped my soldiery (and over 1500 myth that I had absolutely no need for) in a few hours with nothing but hunts this morning.

It's stupid how fast non-raiders can gear up.

Gotta catch them up so they can be ready for next Coil!

Though I think the amount of folks who can do Third Coil will be even fewer in number than before.

iammeiam

Given my luck so far, I'm going to be seeing a lot of ST this week. And spiritbonding lots of gathering rings.

So I'm really excited for the day after tomorrow; I can unlock a new dance to do while waiting for Glasya to charge up his laser or whatever. Also yukatas!

Tiops

So, after hitting level 50 I can jump to ilvl90 gear with by doing hunts, right? I did some hunts yesterday and was able to buy two pieces of my Paladin armor.

And Hunts are... interesting. I was really lucky to be near some of the rank A marks that people found, because people are assholes that pull those monsters way earlier than they should.

People claim for resets in the chat but the mark dies in 5 seconds.

dcye

Did you guys ever think that being assholes to people you deem to be assholes by some arbitrary measure of "long enough" is a good way to make a negative experience even more negative and toxic.

Tiops

Did you guys ever think that being assholes to people you deem to be assholes by some arbitrary measure of "long enough" is a good way to make a negative experience even more negative and toxic.
The problem is when people agree to pull at some specific time, and someone rushes in before it. Even the people that are there and get the rewards get mad.

I lost an S mark and didn't even care, I'm not the type of player that gets mad at games, but I can see why people complain. I don't expect the other players to wait for "everyone" before pulling the mob, but if there is an agreement (specially for A and S rank), I think people should at least try to respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom