• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Okay, so this is going to sound stupid, but what exactly do I do?

Try to get into a party and just hit the hunt as many times as I can?

Get into a party on pf. As soon as a hunt location is called out in party chat teleport to that area immediately. Usually once you get there you can follow the train of players or the little blue dots of your other party members on the map. Once you get to the hunt try to grab as much aggro as possible. If you are dps, do as much damage as you can, if you are a tank do your highest aggro generating moves, if you are a healer tag the mob once with aero or ruin and then spam succor/medica/medica II/Cure3.

As an expert on doing boring sh*t in my spare time I'm not sure I can agree.

Fisher's my last DoL/DoH not at 50 and it's already slow at lvl 18. I'm even following that "speedrun" guide.

Don't get me wrong, it's really easy, but the cognitive processes needed are simply so low that I find myself returning to my Fire Emblem Lunatic run in one hand while occasionally pressing 1 and 2 and my KB with the other.

maybe it will get less tedious when I can mooch? At least the guildmasters are kinda funny.

I just got mooch last night. Still have never fished. Maybe I'll get into it some day, it's nice to have it leveled up a little for when I decide to go for it for real. Same for BOT.

I contemplated melding my miner, but it was just a giant NOPE. I guess after I finish melding CUL (I'm 1 crafting away from being able to even attempt the 2star turn in items) and I remain utterly broke.

I briefly climbed back up by exploiting some holes in the MB, now they've been shut probably forever, by people selling below costs (some idiots forget to account for the shards). I've been pretty busy with work, so I haven't had the time to look for more holes, so I'll remain at a mil for a while (until I decide to buy more materia to blow up I guess).

On the Novus talk I looked up what people were doing with the Bravura and well, let's just say there are differing opinions on the best stat allocation.

What do you guys think? I'm pretty sure I don't wanna go ACC on my weapon, since that should be easy to fix and gimping your most important piece of equipment doesn't seem very smart.

Since people so passionately argue for either parry or DET and for Critical Hit and even SS, I'm thinking maybe they all have merit and I should go for as many as possible, since it's a) much cheaper and b) all these stats have linear increases so there's no point in stacking on one unless you really don't like the other. What do you guys think about this?

Isaccard

I just got mooch last night. Still have never fished. Maybe I'll get into it some day, it's nice to have it leveled up a little for when I decide to go for it for real. Same for BOT.

I contemplated melding my miner, but it was just a giant NOPE. I guess after I finish melding CUL (I'm 1 crafting away from being able to even attempt the 2star turn in items) and I remain utterly broke.

I briefly climbed back up by exploiting some holes in the MB, now they've been shut probably forever, by people selling below costs (some idiots forget to account for the shards). I've been pretty busy with work, so I haven't had the time to look for more holes, so I'll remain at a mil for a while (until I decide to buy more materia to blow up I guess).

On the Novus talk I looked up what people were doing with the Bravura and well, let's just say there are differing opinions on the best stat allocation.

What do you guys think? I'm pretty sure I don't wanna go ACC on my weapon, since that should be easy to fix and gimping your most important piece of equipment doesn't seem very smart.

Since people so passionately argue for either parry or DET and for Critical Hit and even SS, I'm thinking maybe they all have merit and I should go for as many as possible, since it's a) much cheaper and b) all these stats have linear increases so there's no point in stacking on one unless you really don't like the other. What do you guys think about this?

Uhh, I'd go with parry/acc.

Can't imagine why anyone would be arguing over anything else. Especially skill speed if you're not a monk.

Uhh, I'd go with parry/acc.

Can't imagine why anyone would be arguing over anything else. Especially skill speed if you're not a monk.

Well for one WAR are OT in a lot of 8 man content, so improving DPS is a definite plus. Also PAR doesn't seem all that good, you need like what +40 for an extra 1% chance of damage mitigation, is that even worth it? I understand that with Coil 2 drops warriors are swimming in accuracy (not there yet, so not sure), so why would you want to add more.

I've seen very long debates on reddit, so I definitely don't think it's as simple as just go parry/acc just because you're a tank, but then again those are over a month old, I'd like to see how people feel now that they've had the chance to experiment with it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Any guess where the Ixali camp is going to be? North Shroud?

This wasn't here before.
csedaa1.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There's a part of Gridania exclusive to 1%ers?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
There's a part of Gridania exclusive to 1%ers?

Yes. The northern part of old Gridania leads to it. You go to the gate that leads to it when you do the Haukke manor quest and talk to the butler.

I want to stroll in there with my top hat, fur coat, and cane.

The guards at the gates tell you to go away and that this is only for the rich people.

Zalasta

But the level 40+ mob zone in North Shroud is considerably smaller than any of the current beastmen areas. There are also a lot less FATEs (at most 3?) They will have to expand it to accommodate all of the new quests no?

WolvenOne

But the level 40+ mob zone in North Shroud is considerably smaller than any of the current beastmen areas. There are also a lot less FATEs (at most 3?) They will have to expand it to accommodate all of the new quests no?

Ixal beastman quests are going to be different, in that they're more closely tied to crafting. Also, they can always have you walk to the Ixal camp in Coarthas, there's no rule that states all these quests have to be completed in the same zone you picked them up in.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yes. The northern part of old Gridania leads to it. You go to the gate that leads to it when you do the Haukke manor quest and talk to the butler.

I want to stroll in there with my top hat, fur coat, and cane.

The guards at the gates tell you to go away and that this is only for the rich people.

What, are my 4 mil not enough?
Am I not rich enough?

WolvenOne

I don't think it's a matter of, "being rich," I think that area is supposed to be for accepted residents of Gridania, and except for the housing area, you cannot live in Gridania permanently without first being accepted by the elementals.

It'll probably open up after some sort of quest dealing with the elementals somehow, maybe in the expansion.

Zalasta

Ixal beastman quests are going to be different, in that they're more closely tied to crafting. Also, they can always have you walk to the Ixal camp in Coarthas, there's no rule that states all these quests have to be completed in the same zone you picked them up in.

That may be so, but there is no precedence for that currently. So based on how new beastmen daily has been implemented thus far, it's more likely that they'll have an NPC transport you to a extension part of the map similar to the ship/island for the Sahagin and the additional part of the mine for the Goblin. As for the new quests, hard to believe they will replace all 3 tiers to be crafting related and no combat at all.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't think it's a matter of, "being rich," I think that area is supposed to be for accepted residents of Gridania, and except for the housing area, you cannot live in Gridania permanently without first being accepted by the elementals.

It'll probably open up after some sort of quest dealing with the elementals somehow, maybe in the expansion.

West Shroud please.

iammeiam

I would be so happy if they make Ixali totally no-combat. I might actually max of a beast tribe if they do that!

Also looking forward to data from 2.35, because it should have stuff in it related to whatever The Rising is going to be.

aceface

That may be so, but there is no precedence for that currently. So based on how new beastmen daily has been implemented thus far, it's more likely that they'll have an NPC transport you to a extension part of the map similar to the ship/island for the Sahagin and the additional part of the mine for the Goblin. As for the new quests, hard to believe they will replace all 3 tiers to be crafting related and no combat at all.

From one of the live letters:

Q: Will new beast tribe daily quests be added in Patch 2.3?

A: The only beast tribe remaining is the Ixali and this will be added in patch 2.35. The Ixali beast tribe quests will be a bit different from what you've seen up to this point. It will focus on working together with Ixali to craft things. We've prepared a number of items specifically for these quests. And for those who've never tried crafting, the quests have been designed so crafting only takes place during quest scenes, so there's no need to raise any Disciples of the Hand classes. However, we hope players become interested in crafting after playing these quests.

WolvenOne

West Shroud please.

Ditto, would be nice to see a bit more of Uldah as well, since we've so far seen only one of the Miqote villages. (There's supposed to be a lot more.)

The only region that doesn't need much expansion, is LaNoscea, and that's only because it's a relatively small island. Can't be many more area's left to explore on a small island off the coast of Eorzea, which itself is supposed to be a relatively small region of the world. Of course though, I would love to see some other islands you could explore in the general LaNoscea area. XD

Kenai

Okay, so this is going to sound stupid, but what exactly do I do?

Try to get into a party and just hit the hunt as many times as I can?

Depending on your class there are other things. Tanks spam threat generators, WHMs use Medica 2 pre pull then spam Cure whatever, ect. But usually you want to be hitting the mob as much as you can to get full credit (which isn't always as easy as it sounds). You should always hit it with a damaging at least once tho, no matter what.

aceface

What would be about the cheapest you'd have to pay for a for a PC that would run this game well? I know nothing about PC gaming. I've been running it through bootcamp on a 2 year old macbook and it's getting worse and worse.

Allard

Ditto, would be nice to see a bit more of Uldah as well, since we've so far seen only one of the Miqote villages. (There's supposed to be a lot more.)

The only region that doesn't need much expansion, is LaNoscea, and that's only because it's a relatively small island. Can't be many more area's left to explore on a small island off the coast of Eorzea, which itself is supposed to be a relatively small region of the world. Of course though, I would love to see some other islands you could explore in the general LaNoscea area. XD

The land north Of Volcano is still unexplored as well as everything immediately to the west and east of it. We have basically only seen half of Vylbrand. When FFXIV originally came out it was speculated that the first expansion would see us expand into the remaining 5 regions. Oh'Gomoru (The Volcano and north of it in Vylbrand), Paglthan, true home of the Amalja (To the east/south of Ul'Dah aka the huge ass desert in southern Thanalan and further east/south of there), Dravania, home of Sharlayan (The 6th city-state of Eorzea) and the dragon hordes home, Xelphatol, the North most region of Eorzea on the continent of Adelnard the true home of the Ixali, and Gyr Abania (sp?) region of the Ala Mhigo city state which is currently occupied by the empire. This speculation came based on how the original creators of 1.0 designed FFXI's world and its expansion. They gave us half the world, and then filled in the territories on the fringes in the Zilaart expansion. They of course later filled in some of the interior regions holes with CoP to make the world even more cohesive and then in expansion 3 is when we finally got off the main continent.

But this of course is not 'exactly' the same team as 1.0 due in large part to Yoshida leading the helm as producer and director. He might go in an entirely different direction for the expansion of the game and start showing us a new continent for all we know and not finish showing off Eorzea's entire land before heading off. But the expansion is most certainly going to focus on eorzea in large part with Coerthas so we likely won't be continent hopping in our first expansion :p.

Isaccard

What would be about the cheapest you'd have to pay for a for a PC that would run this game well? I know nothing about PC gaming. I've been running it through bootcamp on a 2 year old macbook and it's getting worse and worse.

Uhh... I'd say between $400-$500

gryvan

You can ask Ari for that 560ti I'm sure he'll sell it to you cheap~

Edit:And yeah $400-$500 sounds about right

WolvenOne

The land north Of Volcano is still unexplored as well as everything immediately to the west and east of it. We have basically only seen half of Vylbrand. When FFXIV originally came out it was speculated that the first expansion would see us expand into the remaining 5 regions. Oh'Gomoru (The Volcano and north of it in Vylbrand), Paglthan, true home of the Amalja (To the east/south of Ul'Dah aka the huge ass desert in southern Thanalan and further east/south of there), Dravania, home of Sharlayan (The 6th city-state of Eorzea) and the dragon hordes home, Xelphatol, the North most region of Eorzea on the continent of Adelnard the true home of the Ixali, and Gyr Abania (sp?) region of the Ala Mhigo city state which is currently occupied by the empire. This speculation came based on how the original creators of 1.0 designed FFXI's world and its expansion. They gave us half the world, and then filled in the territories on the fringes in the Zilaart expansion. They of course later filled in some of the interior regions holes with CoP to make the world even more cohesive and then in expansion 3 is when we finally got off the main continent.

But this of course is not 'exactly' the same team as 1.0 due in large part to Yoshida leading the helm as producer and director. He might go in an entirely different direction for the expansion of the game and start showing us a new continent for all we know and not finish showing off Eorzea's entire land before heading off. But the expansion is most certainly going to focus on eorzea in large part with Coerthas so we likely won't be continent hopping in our first expansion :p.

Looking at the map, there's probably only room for 3 to 5 more zones in Limsa/Vylbrand, depending on how big they want to make these zones, how much stuff they want to pack into it, etc etc. I'd bet on three, since I've yet to see any indication that there's many major population centers over there.

3-5 additional zones is significant of course, but not as significant as the sort of expansion they could do on the main land-mass. As you said, there are whole city states we haven't seen yet, and I doubt there's anything like that on the north half of Limsa. I mean, if I had to guess, it's probably mostly Sahagin and Kobald controlled areas, and maybe a few more Gobby settlements like Brayflox Longstep. Granted, there's probably at least one surprise I haven't considered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom