• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

The more people that appear the more antsy people get to pull. And in prime time people appear really fast so it gets pulled fast. I don't really blame them, there more people there are the less of a chance you have at getting max rewards. But, it makes hunting at night suck.

Claymore

I've just started my Curtana Novus a few days ago and have only been gathering Alexandrites.

I'm dabbling on the build I should go for. Splitting threeway should be cheap with no or just a few Materia IV's. What do you guys recommend? And which stats?

There is no agreement besides the one you're fabricating based on a couple of shouts by randoms.

Meh, different times of day mean different things for that. Depending on who's doing hunts at the time you will get people waiting for whatever time is said in shout, or just pulling when their group is there. The best groups (seals wise) I've ever been in are ones that inform a bunch of LSes when As and Ss are up and shout pull times. When the entire server knows an A is up they go to it instead of finding another one and killing it without you.

Also resets are great. Just because they make the early pullers salty. Go ahead, try to ban me for it.

plake

I've just started my Curtana Novus a few days ago and have only been gathering Alexandrites.

I'm dabbling on the build I should go for. Splitting threeway should be cheap with no or just a few Materia IV's. What do you guys recommend? And which stats?

Aren't the PLD Novus one of the cheapest? Rank IV mats (acc, parry) are only like 50-100 k on Ultros. I got all my materia for probably less than a million.

That said, I say full parry and the rest in acc. PLD will always need parry and acc.

Edit: With that said, I guess a split in three adding in det could be viable, although I doubt it'd help if there's a money issue.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
A lot of times the S-Ranks get pulled early because they dissapear. It's usually a desperation thing. Square-Enix messed up by not making the priority for visibility

Player Character > Party > S-Rank Monster > Other Players.

The priority for the S-Rank's are too low even after they supposedly fixed it. I need to see the s-rank more than the 200 people running around aoeing blind.

Valor

Aren't the PLD Novus one of the cheapest? Rank IV mats (acc, parry) are only like 50-100 k on Ultros. I got all my materia for probably less than a million.

That said, I say full parry and the rest in acc. PLD will always need parry and acc.

Edit: With that said, I guess a split in three adding in det could be viable, although I doubt it'd help if there's a money issue.

Lower rank det materia isn't too bad in price. Only the IV are ridiculous, at least on Ultros. So a three way split isn't a -terrible- idea, but I would go full parry/acc.

studyguy

Holy shit so I ended up with like 3 of each Onion, Eggplant, and now making Tomato minions.
Also trying to make myself 1 thavarian onion, because fuck it, why not. No queens though...

75212-Huell-money-bed-Mexico-deal-wi-oW87.gif

Kandinsky

So, after hitting level 50 I can jump to ilvl90 gear with by doing hunts, right? I did some hunts yesterday and was able to buy two pieces of my Paladin armor.

And Hunts are... interesting. I was really lucky to be near some of the rank A marks that people found, because people are assholes that pull those monsters way earlier than they should.

People claim for resets in the chat but the mark dies in 5 seconds.

Haha this is nuts, been farming tomes in roulette/tribe quests for 2 month and just last night got my last piece, and in a day doing 'some' hunts you got 2?, Im missing out man, grats!.

aceface

Haha this is nuts, been farming tomes in roulette/tribe quests for 2 month and just last night got my last piece, and in a day doing 'some' hunts you got 2?, Im missing out man, grats!.

Yeah two A rank hunts with get you an i90 piece of gear. I just did 7 A ranks in the past hour and a half. That would be enough for i90 body, legs, head, and hands. It's insane really.

Zalasta

Bad implementation aside, it's really the people that are doing hunts exclusively with a sense of entitlement who are ruining the experience. They set these arbitrary rules and try to enforce it on everyone else. They claim it in the spirit of collaboration and to foster a community but it's really to benefit themselves so they can get their max reward at every encounter they go to.

I don't get why people can't just take a more casual attitude towards hunts. I'm always grateful for any target I chance upon, I announce it in the FC as a courtesy but other than that I owe it to no one else. If someone is nice enough to share it, then I return the favor by waiting for them to make the pull. I never beg for invites and whatever reward I get is fine by me. I guess it's too hard to expect people not to make hunt a big deal and if they don't get their due somehow it's everyone else's fault.

Tiops

I've done hunts for about 3 hours last night. 4 rank A and some rank B, got 105 Allied Seals and a lot of Mythology. Enough for the chest and legs (biggest improvements and most expensive one. One of them i bought with seals, that I know I should have saved for later), and if I beat another rank B I can already buy another piece, lol.

Zareka

Hunting alone is a great option...I capped my soldiery (and over 1500 myth that I had absolutely no need for) in a few hours with nothing but hunts this morning.

It's stupid how fast non-raiders can gear up.
Awesome. I don't know anyone who plays so being able to hunt alone is really helpful.

Can't wait to be that guy with all the gear, no experience. :D
Here's a link to all the stuff you can unlock. Duty finder roulettes & hunts (with a group) will give a lot of tomes.
Thanks for the link. This'll actually help a lot, now that I know what milestones and goals I've to work toward to access new stuff. Currently questing for my relic weapon!

Kandinsky

Also why are some iLvl80 lame shit gear so expensive, like 1k seals from npc while the superior one is only 30-40 seals? lol is it really just for looks?.

Hunting alone is a great option...I capped my soldiery (and over 1500 myth that I had absolutely no need for) in a few hours with nothing but hunts this morning.

It's stupid how fast non-raiders can gear up.

What class can reliably get decent credit on hunts solo? Like do you have to focus more on A/B hunts or can you actually get anything out of S hunts solo, seems weird since you couldn't really get much credit for stuff like Odin if you were on your own before.

What class can reliably get decent credit on hunts solo? Like do you have to focus more on A/B hunts or can you actually get anything out of S hunts solo, seems weird since you couldn't really get much credit for stuff like Odin if you were on your own before.

warriors (solo/party) and healers (if you have a party). The best way to get credit is to always generate the most threat/emnity

Jayhawk

Hunts are so last month. Let's talk about fishing, and how you should blow up (desynth) all the fish that could be selling for at least 1M gil.

aceface

It's tough getting much credit for anything hunting solo...join a party in pf or put your own one up.

It's tough getting much credit for anything hunting solo...join a party in pf or put your own one up.

Well that's what I assumed too but he mentions he got capped in a few hours solo so was wondering. I assumed maybe a tank class can get good credit but was wondering.

iammeiam

I still can't catch cool fish. I did catch three Morinabaligi over the weekend and have them saved off on a retainer for future blowing up, but I don't think they're worth anything (none on the MB when I checked and sales history so sparse I'm not sure how you'd even price them.) They don't turn into clothes.

Can someone explain why water shards are so pricey on Ultros? Fish explosion seems like it should have driven prices way, way down.

aceface

Well that's what I assumed too but he mentions he got capped in a few hours solo so was wondering. I assumed maybe a tank class can get good credit but was wondering.

I dunno, maybe as a tank it's feasible. I don't have a tank and every time I have tried to solo a hunt I've gotten 1 or 2 seals.

Kenai

Fishing is fun, hunts are old hat

As an expert on doing boring sh*t in my spare time I'm not sure I can agree.

Fisher's my last DoL/DoH not at 50 and it's already slow at lvl 18. I'm even following that "speedrun" guide.

Don't get me wrong, it's really easy, but the cognitive processes needed are simply so low that I find myself returning to my Fire Emblem Lunatic run in one hand while occasionally pressing 1 and 2 and my KB with the other.

maybe it will get less tedious when I can mooch? At least the guildmasters are kinda funny.

As an expert on doing boring sh*t in my spare time I'm not sure I can agree.

Fisher's my last DoL/DoH not at 50 and it's already slow at lvl 18. I'm even following that "speedrun" guide.

Don't get me wrong, it's really easy, but the cognitive processes needed are simply so low that I find myself returning to my Fire Emblem Lunatic run in one hand while occasionally pressing 1 and 2 and my KB with the other.

maybe it will get less tedious when I can mooch? At least the guildmasters are kinda funny.

nope. It's the same experience from 1-50, no change until you start doing the leves at 40-45ish.

aceface

Looks like next week for patch 2.35:

At the following time, in order to accompany patch 2.35, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds.
During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
From Aug. 18, 2014 9:00 p.m. to Aug. 19, 2014 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

IIRC that's supposed to have the Ixal beast quests but not personal housing yet, correct?

Jayhawk

Botching up 20 pirarucu in a row? Priceless.

Botching fish that can be fished up at any time, any weather with a lure is no biggie. I have to make time to fish up Piraricus and Takitaros this week to get my CUL desynth to 90, and then the YOLO desynths of Twitchbeards and Toramafishes will have decent success rates.

Tiops

What's the best way to get rich in this game? Crafting?

I'm really poor right now :(

And I'm sorry if I make too much obvious question, but it's difficult to find agreement on the internet about this game, and the tips here are always the best :)

And I'm sorry if I make too much obvious question, but it's difficult to find agreement on the internet about this game, and the tips here are always the best :)

tbh, selling shards is actually a pretty good way to get money. They're very easy to gather (don't need a high level gatherer), and everybody needs them

Isaccard

tbh, selling shards is actually a pretty good way to get money. They're very easy to gather (don't need a high level gatherer), and everybody needs them

S'how I made my money, sell shards/clusters and spirit bonding materia.

Selling HQ leve items is a good source of income too

#gilsecrets.com

aceface

You could buy level 49 accessories, spiritbond them and then sell the materia. If you are lucky you'll hit the rank IV materia jackpot.

Also, send your retainers on quick exploration a lot, occasionally they will bring stuff that sells for a lot. If you are into hunts spend your excess myth on the crafting mats and sell them.

LProtag

I'm around level 40 now. Should I be getting involved with hunt stuff when I see it pop up near me or is it not worth it until I'm 50?

I'm around level 40 now. Should I be getting involved with hunt stuff when I see it pop up near me or is it not worth it until I'm 50?

you can get seals/whatever at any levels, but you cannot buy stuff unless you have the max gc rank so if you want to do them you can, you just can't spend the seals yet

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
you can get seals/whatever at any levels, but you cannot buy stuff unless you have the max gc rank so if you want to do them you can, you just can't spend the seals yet

That's not true. I bought seal items on my alt last week that isn't max gc level.

LProtag

Okay, so this is going to sound stupid, but what exactly do I do?

Try to get into a party and just hit the hunt as many times as I can?

Tiops

Okay, so this is going to sound stupid, but what exactly do I do?

Try to get into a party and just hit the hunt as many times as I can?
That's what I did. Find a party in Party Finder, wait for someone to give the position of the next mark and hope you can get there in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom