• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see areas that are like the Feywood or Nabreus Deadlands from FFXII. Those were areas that filled you with a sense of dread and had hidden dangers within. Plus you got to explore the Necrohol which was awesome.

WolvenOne

I still think there is going to be a request revolving around curing Garuda's mania.

Rather doubt it, my understanding is that Primals are largely shaped by their worshipers, and if I remember correctly the Ixal are somewhat of a fallen race, having once had the favor of the elementals, then losing it for some reason, and with it their wings/plummage/etc.

So if I am indeed remembering it correctly, Garuda's mania makes perfect sense, in the context of the Ixali. They're a fanatical fallen race that's lost the ability of flight, so of course it makes sense that their primal is both fanatical, and would wallow in her mastery of wind and flight. The only thing that doesn't make sense about Garuda is her relatively human like appearance.

So, unless something happens with the Ixali, to change how they see themselves and Garuda, I doubt her mania can really be, "cured."

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'd like to see areas that are like the Feywood or Nabreus Deadlands from FFXII. Those were areas that filled you with a sense of dread and had hidden dangers within. Plus you got to explore the Necrohol which was awesome.

Yeah, something like Feywood would be great. I really like the ambience of the place, and have tons of small branching paths in it to make it harder to navigate, adding more to the sense of unease that the area brings.

Isaccard

Rather doubt it, my understanding is that Primals are largely shaped by their worshipers, and if I remember correctly the Ixal are somewhat of a fallen race, having once had the favor of the elementals, then losing it for some reason, and with it their wings/plummage/etc.

So if I am indeed remembering it correctly, Garuda's mania makes perfect sense, in the context of the Ixali. They're a fanatical fallen race that's lost the ability of flight, so of course it makes sense that their primal is both fanatical, and would wallow in her mastery of wind and flight. The only thing that doesn't make sense about Garuda is her relatively human like appearance.

So, unless something happens with the Ixali, to change how they see themselves and Garuda, I doubt her mania can really be, "cured."

Going by this logic Ramuh should be a lot more snarky and malicious

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

It depends on whether primals are just thoughtforms that change based on the attitudes and thoughts of the kin summoning them or if they are impersistant beings that keep the same mind and body but can't stay in our realm long without worship/crystals.

Garuda was said to have saved world from the World Serpent, if I remember they mentioned Garuda saved all beings not just the Ixali, but it got poisoned by the serpent. The poisoning caused her mania.

WolvenOne

Going by this logic Ramuh should be a lot more snarky and malicious

It's stated in the story that the tempered Sylph's are far less malicious than they appear, in that much of their actions are driven by a sort of famial pack mentality. Basically, their attempts to capture untemptered Sylph's is basically an attempt to reunite the family.

Additionally, they're clearly somewhat territorial, and revere the forest, which are both traits we see in Ramuh.

It depends on whether primals are just thoughtforms that change based on the attitudes and thoughts of the kin summoning them or if they are impersistant beings that keep the same mind and body but can't stay in our realm long without worship/crystals.

Garuda was said to have saved world from the World Serpent, if I remember they mentioned Garuda saved all beings not just the Ixali, but it got poisoned by the serpent. The poisoning caused her mania.

Well yeah, the exact nature of Primals isn't entirely clear yet, the whole issue with Moogle Mog makes that clear, seeing as he clearly differs from the wise benevolent ruler that is depicted in Moogle lore. Then again though, the fear and helplessness of those that summon him may be largely to blame for his behavior.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's stated in the story that the tempered Sylph's are far less malicious than they appear, in that much of their actions are driven by a sort of famial pack mentality. Basically, their attempts to capture untemptered Sylph's is basically an attempt to reunite the family.

Additionally, they're clearly somewhat territorial, and revere the forest, which are both traits we see in Ramuh.

Well yeah, the exact nature of Primals isn't entirely clear yet, the whole issue with Moogle Mog makes that clear, seeing as he clearly differs from the wise benevolent ruler that is depicted in Moogle lore. Then again though, the fear and helplessness of those that summon him may be largely to blame for his behavior.

Great King Moggle Mog (May his reign be everlasting) might just be a dick.

BadRNG

Well for one WAR are OT in a lot of 8 man content, so improving DPS is a definite plus. Also PAR doesn't seem all that good, you need like what +40 for an extra 1% chance of damage mitigation, is that even worth it? I understand that with Coil 2 drops warriors are swimming in accuracy (not there yet, so not sure), so why would you want to add more.

I've seen very long debates on reddit, so I definitely don't think it's as simple as just go parry/acc just because you're a tank, but then again those are over a month old, I'd like to see how people feel now that they've had the chance to experiment with it.
WAR are actually better MTs for a good chunk of content, and a WAR MT/PLD OT even does more dps than the opposite. There's no "usual" situation, so unless you are in a static that has outright said you are OT always for some weird reason, the OT argument doesn't work. You can, and probably will, do both roles often enough. As for parry, that's not accurate, the exact numbers aren't known but testing has shown that it's roughly 13-14 parry per 1% chance to parry.

What drops in coil2 is pretty irrelevant, remember relics are supposed to stay with you for the whole game. Having a weapon with acc makes things so much easier to gear other pieces around, as you often have 2 choices in each slots compared to weapons where you often don't. What if Coil3 is another Coil1 situation when there was still no Duel Haken? ACC was a huge issue for WAR back then unless you got really lucky with allagan drops.

ACC is just a smart choice for any dps/tank class in my opinion, swapping out other pieces is just easier most of the time. I don't know how many times I have seen a dps or tank complain about lack of ACC due to a certain piece they need not dropping. ACC weapon may well not end up being BiS, but BiS only matters when you got all the pieces, and an ACC weapon can last you a long time while you get those pieces. (And technically speaking relic will probably never be BiS due to Coil weapons always being best every tier thus far)

Ken

What,
onion knight automatons
?

well i assume the gear we're getting from coil was used by the allagans themselves so...zombies (or coil3 is a time travel story)! everything we've fought so far have just been defense systems (or unfortunate rafflesias)

I guess I'm just a little sad that for how interesting/mysterious the Allagan themes in Coil are, the actual inhabitants within the Coils aren't all that interesting or unique aside from ADS. give us some cool new enemies that would never be seen in the open world!

i say this as someone who has 0 interest in most things final fantasy but the sci fi side of XIV are pretty cool.

klee123

Levi Ex down. Got the Wave bow too!

Now to tackle Ramuh Ex....

So far of all the Ex Primals I've fought and beaten so far it goes like this in terms of difficulty:

Titan > Garuda > Levi > Moogle King > Ifrit.

How hard is Ramuh compared to the ones before?

klee123

Levi harder than Moogle King? His stupid final mog attack has killed me so many times.

Maybe it's probably because I was doing Moogle King with a really good group at the time, but I got it down on my third try.

On the other hand, Levi took me weeks.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I realized since coming back that I need to fix my bonus attributes on SMN. Is there a consensus where to put them? 30 into INT? or spread it out?

BadRNG

Just curious but at 401 crafting and 356 control what housing items can I craft that makes decent money
How the hell do you have 401 crafting and only 356 control? Finish yo melds!

Anyway you didn't say what class you are, but pretty much all the 2-3star furniture has some kind of market. Like most expensive items it's just not a very large one, so you'll probably have to baby sit it's listing until it sells. Indoor furnishing will move faster than outdoor since most people don't have an outdoor to furnish.

LowParry

Never forget.

I was there.

XCJnNZI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom