• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hopefully they're unisex.

I want my catboy in a pretty, pink, cherry blossom-themed yukata.

Ken

This week we have one open group who needs a single permanent member to complete their static. Any DRG/BLM/SMNs interested in joining a GAF Coil Group on Ultros should check out the Guildworks thread for Team Mighty Ducks' listing.

Group Name: Mighty Ducks
Job/Role Openings: Dragoon/Black Mage/Summoner
Number of current members (x/8): 7/8 (possibly 6/8 or maybe even less)
Timezone and preferred raid times: 7pm EST M/W/F
Furthest Turn on farm or current progression: T8 Progression, working on clean T7 clears.
Who to contact on GAF for further information: Grimm Grandiron or Ari Isacaguchi

As a bonus, you get to raid with the legendary Grimm Grannybutts.

ibpWYdamAEvBtz.jpg

WolvenOne

Dat feel when you and one other guy charge into a much larger group and take out the Central Node in PVP.

Finally had an Immortal Flames winning streak tonight, and they were crushing. XD

Tiops

Finished my Relic Quest yesterday, Curtana is really cool. Then I looked for the requirements to continue upgrading the weapons... I think that's going to take some time.

And I almost capped my weekly Soldiery tomes with 2 nights of hunting (with some few duties during the process). I should spend those tomes in Weathered gear, right?

Madchad

Finished my Relic Quest yesterday, Curtana is really cool. Then I looked for the requirements to continue upgrading the weapons... I think that's going to take some time.

And I almost capped my weekly Soldiery tomes with 2 nights of hunting (with some few duties during the process). I should spend those tomes in Weathered gear, right?

Weathered Noct Chest BIS

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I wonder if we will ever see the Atma grind nerfed.

Imagine if Atma grind only had to be done once and applied to all weapons on a character :O

Blizzje

I wonder if we will ever see the Atma grind nerfed.

Imagine if Atma grind only had to be done once and applied to all weapons on a character :O

Imagine if there was a finite number of FATE's you had to do, like 10 or 15 in each area.
People would do more fates and not shoot themselves because of the ridiculous RNG.

Double win! That said, I got my atma's in 7 days of casual playing (2 hours a day).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Imagine if there was a finite number of FATE's you had to do, like 10 or 15 in each area.
People would do more fates and not shoot themselves because of the ridiculous RNG.

Double win! That said, I got my atma's in 7 days of casual playing (2 hours a day).

I agree with the loot chance increasing after each failed attempt to get a specific atma.

Also I just saw an advertisement for FFXIV:ARR on GAF. At first I thought it was a cheap F2P MMO advertisement lol.

got my FL win rate up to 60% something for last week. it's getting a lil boring with many good people quitting on the maelstrom side. i've been rank 40 for a over week now, time to play less i guess. it's almost that -log in for coil- time again....

aceface

For Atmas they should still have them drop randomly from FATES but also have them purchasable with GC seals. Say, 8,000 seals per atma or something. Kind like blood-spattered mark logs

Blizzje

For Atmas they should still have them drop randomly from FATES but also have them purchasable with GC seals. Say, 8,000 seals per atma or something. Kind like blood-spattered mark logs

If you make them purchasable with seals, then the whole goal of getting people to parcipate more in fates goes away. Sure you can earn the seals doing fates, but there are bound to be people that just wait until they've gotten seals doing other stuff (dungeons).

So, if the goal is to get people to do more fates:
Participate in a set amount of fates and get an atma.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If you make them purchasable with seals, then the whole goal of getting people to parcipate more in fates goes away. Sure you can earn the seals doing fates, but there are bound to be people that just wait until they've gotten seals doing other stuff (dungeons).

Yeah, people aren't gonna bother if there's a more sensible alternative.
Look at alexandrite. Only the most desperate actually FATEd it out because the drop rate was so abysmally low.

Apoptomon

About getting /bombdance, since several people have asked in-game about how to get it:
- go to the main event npc and pick up 3 quests
- go to those locations and talk to the npc there twice (first to complete the quest to go there, second to pick up the minigame)
- do the minigame events
- go back to the main event npc
- ???
- profit /bombdance til the cows come home

Blizzje

About getting /bombdance, since several people have asked in-game about how to get it:
- go to the main event npc and pick up 3 quests
- go to those locations and talk to the npc there twice (first to complete the quest to go there, second to pick up the minigame)
- do the minigame events
- go back to the main event npc
- ???
- profit /bombdance til the cows come home

What does the bombdance look like?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Oh yeah
got my FL win rate up to 60% something for last week. it's getting a lil boring with many good people quitting on the maelstrom side. i've been rank 40 for a over week now, time to play less i guess. it's almost that -log in for coil- time again....

What's wrong with FL, seriously? You can queue for an entire hour, then only 15 people press commit and you get "Your registration is withdrawn".

Zalasta

I think the most important question is if the yukata can be stored in the inn chest. I still don't understand why the santa and reindeer outfits can't.

iammeiam

The drop rates on those FATEs are that bad? D:

Some I got really fast, the one on the sylphlands took me a while. I had over 30 of that key you get from the magitech armor FATE. If I did 1 FATE over thirty times and was doing every FATE that was popping maybe you can try to work out how many I had to do on that zone. (I also had like 6 minions from the Lazy FATE, which is loooong.)

In other news I found a great guide on melding DoL, so I got my miner to 370 gathering and 332 perception. Turns out if you forego GP entirely it's not very expensive at all. And I have a very clear path to get to 408 and the necessary perception with very few (and relatively cheap overmelds).

I got 2 HQ Umbral rocks from my first serious attempt. Only 88 to go!

Kandinsky

Question about atma farming, do you have to get top score from them to get a chance of drop or just participating is enough?.

Edit: \/\/\/\/ thanks.

aceface

Well FATE's are stupid, they should give it up.
A quick way to get GC seals is to turn in drops from higher level dungeons, it would get people doing those.

Taruranto

Also why are some iLvl80 lame shit gear so expensive, like 1k seals from npc while the superior one is only 30-40 seals? lol is it really just for looks?.

Same reason crafters have to blow millions to only craft vanity stuff, I guess.

Yukatas are the best. Well, except for Squenix's lazy modeling as usual.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/186723-The-yukatas-for-ladies-are-terrifying.

Even before I opened the link, I knew for sure OP was going to be a catgirl.

IMBored

Quickly popped in from work by remote play. Saw a bunch of yukata wearing bomb dancers near the house. I approve all of this, good job.

Wazzy

Banned
I've been so busy these couple weeks I haven't had time to play and I'm almost 50 lol I really need to get back in again.

MechaX

Okay, thanks to weird 2nd Coil drops and having a mountain of SCH gear rotting in my inventory (mostly shit that I thought was for SMN but I didn't read until after I greeded), I cobbled together a budget ilvl 92 SCH after respec-ing my SMN (I really, really, really wish that they separate the Attribute Point Distributions between SMN and SCH in the future, or just do away with it entirely and buff your primary stat).

I am about to get Lustrate and haven't actually ran a dungeon with it yet, but I have no idea what the fuck to do with this job outside of "it plays halfway like SMN/Arc, but no Fester sry." I guess it makes smaller heals than WHM... but creates shields...? And I forgot that Selene existed, haven't seen anyone use it for months, but... I guess I should be controlling or macroing fairy stuff like Garuda/Ifrit, but... wha...

Okay, is there a good guide anywhere for actually playing SCH, or at least making SCH macros for controller users?

Okay, thanks to weird 2nd Coil drops and having a mountain of SCH gear rotting in my inventory (mostly shit that I thought was for SMN but I didn't read until after I greeded), I cobbled together a budget ilvl 92 SCH after respec-ing my SMN (I really, really, really wish that they separate the Attribute Point Distributions between SMN and SCH in the future, or just do away with it entirely and buff your primary stat).

I am about to get Lustrate and haven't actually ran a dungeon with it yet, but I have no idea what the fuck to do with this job outside of "it plays halfway like SMN/Arc, but no Fester sry." I guess it makes smaller heals than WHM... but creates shields...? And I forgot that Selene existed, haven't seen anyone use it for months, but... I guess I should be controlling or macroing fairy stuff like Garuda/Ifrit, but... wha...

Okay, is there a good guide anywhere for actually playing SCH, or at least making SCH macros for controller users?

ask the all powerful bara

Kandinsky

I never bothered with those things in XI, and I dont think I'll bother with them in XIV they look so unappealing/silly to me, not looking forward to login and see everyone running in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom