• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

iML1EXcTE2dMS.jpg

Oh yeah

What's wrong with FL, seriously? You can queue for an entire hour, then only 15 people press commit and you get "Your registration is withdrawn".

wish i knew. queues were insanely fast for me after their queue patch. but right know, they either have some weird rank filter in effect or their queue system is bugged. everything is so inconsistent.

usually i just requeue after 20 min. sometimes i get in very fast that way.

Kyolux

Hey guys, I know this has been asked before, but I'm thinking of getting the PS4 version so that I can do minor stuff on my vita during lunch at work or something.

I know cheapest way is to go through PS3 version and that it has to be activated on my PS3.

But do I have to actually download and install and update everything on PS3 to activate it there?

I kinda don't want to download the game on PS3 just to be able to download it on PS4...

Can someone that did this before clarify?

Thanks

Hey guys, I know this has been asked before, but I'm thinking of getting the PS4 version so that I can do minor stuff on my vita during lunch at work or something.

I know cheapest way is to go through PS3 version and that it has to be activated on my PS3.

But do I have to actually download and install and update everything on PS3 to activate it there?

I kinda don't want to download the game on PS3 just to be able to download it on PS4...

Thanks

you need to activate the account on mogstation I believe to do the upgrade. I don't know about installing it first and such. I do know when you first install it, it'll try to link the game/subscription to an account.

Kyolux

you need to activate the account on mogstation I believe to do the upgrade. I don't know about installing it first and such. I do know when you first install it, it'll try to link the game/subscription to an account.

I've found some info saying that I need to have logged in at least once on PS3 to get the upgrade to PS4... that's kind of weird..

Zareka

Thanks

You don't have to download and install each update. As long as you install the game from the disc and then log in via the launcher, even if you don't update it'll still register the game on your account. From there, you can go to the mogstation and upgrade to the PS4 version.

This is how it worked for me, anyway. Hope I helped!

Kyolux

You don't have to download and install each update. As long as you install the game from the disc and then log in via the launcher, even if you don't update it'll still register the game on your account. From there, you can go to the mogstation and upgrade to the PS4 version.

This is how it worked for me, anyway. Hope I helped!

Oh thanks :) Guess I'll go with that then.

Zareka

Update for people who said hunting was good for gear: This morning, I think I had a ring and a neck piece from the Mythology vendor.

...I only need the robe now. :p

aceface

Update for people who said hunting was good for gear: This morning, I think I had a ring and a neck piece from the Mythology vendor.

...I only need the robe now. :p

You can trade in hunting seals for that stuff too. Go to the huntmaster in your GC headquarters.

Zareka

You can trade in hunting seals for that stuff too. Go to the huntmaster in your GC headquarters.

Oh yeah I know, I probably should have been more clear about that haha. I've been using Myth Tomes and Hunting Seals.

Seriously, these hunting seals are crazy. 40 seals for the Cleric Robe, over 800 Myth tomes from the Myth Vendor. 2 hunts vs countless dungeon runs!

Edit: So, woohoo! I got all my ilvl90 gear. Well, almost. I still need one other ring, but I read that one drops from Garuda? So I might just go for that one. Second, what should I do with all my old relic gear?

aceface

Oh yeah I know, I probably should have been more clear about that haha. I've been using Myth Tomes and Hunting Seals.

Seriously, these hunting seals are crazy. 40 seals for the Cleric Robe, over 800 Myth tomes from the Myth Vendor. 2 hunts vs countless dungeon runs!

Ah cool, yeah you can gear up to i90 super fast with hunting.

WolvenOne

I might note, at this point I mostly use Allied Seals for Venture Tokens, and only get Oil or Sand via log drops. On a similar note, I really need to farm Brayflox or whatnot for equipment drops. I want to start stocking up on the old Phil Tome Mats.

I missed the first day madness of the summer event to play through Hyrule Warriors. First time in just about a year that I COULD play FF XIV (ie, not at a convention) and WILLINGLY played something else and didn't touch ARR at all. Madness.

I missed the first day madness of the summer event to play through Hyrule Warriors. First time in just about a year that I COULD play FF XIV (ie, not at a convention) and WILLINGLY played something else and didn't touch ARR at all. Madness.
Wait that game's out

klee123

One thing is has been bugging me for a while and probably a stupid question.

Besides the artifact armors, why are physical dps the only classes where their respective armor sets are unique?

PLDs and WAR's share the same set

SCH and WHM'ss share the same set

Heck, even BLMs and SMN's share the same set as well

It's just kinda puzzling. Has Yoshi-P ever been asked about this?

They create a certain number of item models and sometimes different classes share the same model but have a different item name and stats, usually just recolored.

klee123

They create a certain number of item models and sometimes different classes share the same model but have a different item name and stats, usually just recolored.

I suppose, but I just can't see why they can combine say monk and bard's set into one set.

Since DEX doesn't affect MNK and STR doesn't affect BRD. Why not just have both?

Heck, even the Monk and BRD soldiery sets are pretty much identical, but just colored differently.

dcye

Since DEX doesn't affect MNK and STR doesn't affect BRD. Why not just have both?

Because it would make monks and bards way OP? DEX as a stat affects ranged physical damage (which is why NIN will likely be STR and not DEX, unless they rewrite the stats completely), which isn't an issue, but it also affects the rate that you block and parry attacks (as does STR). This would mean that monks and bards would have an insane parry (and block but neither use a shield) stat just by wearing their own gear and stacking double stacking primary attributes.

Hugstable

Banned
Yay so I've been having no more Rubberbanding problems recently and now enjoying my Final Fantasy XIV experience to the fullest! Almost about to hit 22 on my Arcanist and just got done beating my first Primal yesterday <3. This game is gonna be something else for me with the fact that you can change class at almost anytime, I've already gone of track and leveled up MRD and Lancer to level 10 just for shits and giggles (well I wanna try Dragoon someday) but my main class choice is gonna be between Scholor and Summoner. Not sure which way I want to go yet as Summoner sounds awesome (because SUMMONS!) but most of my time in MMO's I've always liked playing a healer (My WoW main was a Holy Pally). Anyway I'm really enjoying this game and glad that I don't have the problems like I did last week :D

klee123

Because it would make monks and bards way OP? DEX as a stat affects ranged physical damage (which is why NIN will likely be STR and not DEX, unless they rewrite the stats completely), which isn't an issue, but it also affects the rate that you block and parry attacks (as does STR). This would mean that monks and bards would have an insane parry (and block but neither use a shield) stat just by wearing their own gear and stacking double stacking primary attributes.

Fair enough I suppose.

I guess it just appears to me that people who play as healer, tanks or spell casters have the advantage of having 2 classes which share the same armor set.

It's better on the inventory =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom