• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

Well, my new laptop can just barely run this game, so I guess it'll be one of my main games to play when I'm at school.

I'll be resubbing shortly, then.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Fair enough I suppose.

I guess it just appears to me that people who play as healer, tanks or spell casters have the advantage of having 2 classes which share the same armor set.

It's better on the inventory =P

As a healer you need 2 almost full sets anyway because BiS for WHM is half-soldiery half-High Allagan and BiS for SCH is also half-soldiery and half-high allagan only the halves are swapped.
I imagine casters would bear no differences but I'm pretty sure tanks have their own little intricacies.

So let's assume that I'm poor. In fact, don't assume. I'm poor. I'm thinking of doing Animus Bow Novus with Crit and Det only up to Materia III, then the remainder can just be Acc and call it a day. Is this a reasonable thing to do for someone who isn't wiping their ass with money in this game?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So let's assume that I'm poor. In fact, don't assume. I'm poor. I'm thinking of doing Animus Bow Novus with Crit and Det only up to Materia III, then the remainder can just be Acc and call it a day. Is this a reasonable thing to do for someone who isn't wiping their ass with money in this game?

Yes, this is perfectly reasonable. Just take care not to accidentally reduce a stat.
...And even then the tradeoff I made still put me at a net profit.

Talaysen

That's exactly what I did and it seems fine.

Ken

secondary stats are nice but they aren't going to make or break you as a successful BRD. any points into "optimal" stats help but really aren't that essential.

i wouldn't fret too much over not being able to get a full crit/det novus

Semper88

secondary stats are nice but they aren't going to make or break you as a successful BRD. any points into "optimal" stats help but really aren't that essential.

i wouldn't fret too much over not being able to get a full crit/det novus

True, its micro optimisation. It doesn't decide if you know you class and mechanics :)

You can already have an i110 bow with non optimal stats. Why get another one?

Just use Rosenbogen and gradually work on those IVs! I believe in you

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Disappointed-300x213.jpg

Wind-up Minfilia though

rocK`

Banned
Going to re sub and roll a new toon. Any suggestion for servers? In USE. Would like a group of people to talk to as I'm sure the level 1 crowd is thin

Tiops

Is it worth to upgrade the Relic Weapons all the way, or should I ignore them and try to get the Coil drops or the Weathered weapon upgraded?

I'm going to start the Atma quest today, but I wonder if it's worth it. The High Allagan Blade and the Burtgang are better than Curtana Novus.

BadRNG

Is it worth to upgrade the Relic Weapons all the way, or should I ignore them and try to get the Coil drops or the Weathered weapon upgraded?

I'm going to start the Atma quest today, but I wonder if it's worth it. The High Allagan Blade and the Burtgang are better than Curtana Novus.
That really depends on you. Weathered weapons/sands are much easier to get now so they are an incredibly fast avenue to get an i110 weapon, but when 2.4 rolls around with the ilevel increase relic will probably be one of the easier ways to get a new weapon. (Assuming you're willing to put in the time for whatever new hoops they want you to jump through. 50 Battlecraft 3 and 1 of each Primal demimateria, plus new Ramuh and Leviathan demimateria, here we gooo) Personally I just did, or am in the midst of doing, mine simply because it's something to do.

Novus is better than Burtgang, but coil weapons will likely always be best in the game no matter the current ilevel bracket. So if you are just concerned with always having the best, then the relic will likely never be worth it for that goal, outside of using it to clear the content to get that allagan weapon.

Taruranto

Do it.

It isn't worth to blow 10 milion for a 3 months weapon. Novus is fun because it's a long-term goal to work toward, but that's it.

Besaid, it's not like you really NEED these secondary stats in this game.

Claymore

When do you guys think the prelimanary patch notes for 2.35 going to be released? I feel like 2.3 was released yesterday and patch day is almost here again.

Also wondering when the next step in the relic/zodiac quest will be added. Could it be 2.38?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Do it.

It isn't worth to blow 10 milion for a 3 months weapon. Novus is fun because it's a long-term goal to work toward, but that's it.

Besaid, it's not like you really NEED these secondary stats in this game.

Novus isn't a 3-months weapon, it's gonna be upgraded further.
Although that's exactly the problem, hard to predict what you're gonna need in the long term.

tumblr_mklqtrPwYP1qg6r6fo1_500.gif

Taruranto

Novus isn't a 3-months weapon, it's gonna be upgraded further.

Yes, I was talking about the final product. Weapons in FFXIV don't last for more than 3 months, 6 at best. Also expansions completely reset progresses in these kind of games.

Hence, it's useless to blow too many money on it IMO.

Your fault Wakka, I'm actually replaying FFX HD right now. <_<

aceface

In Japan, yes.

In other news, joined the i110 club (though a few pieces of my gear are courtesy of hunt poverty sands).

Why apologize for this? They put in hunts so people could catch up on gearing. For a class like scholar that needs a lot of unweathered stuff to get BIS on the left you wouldn't have been able to get everything in coil before the next patch, unless your party gave you every sand.

seems kinda lame

Yeah but,
The "Huzzah" emote, Wind-up Minfilia, Wind-up Thancred

Could have some cool story stuff too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Decided to transfer my character (and my brother's) to Ultros so we can join you guys. Playing this game alone is too boring :(

Do you guys still have room in the Free Company?

iammeiam

43% chance of meld success is evil. It's high enough to seem feasible, but low enough to blow up six materia in a row.

Mist really needs a user-enterable lighthouse to jump off of in times of RNG misery.

Zareka

What are the chances of my connection tanking if I tried to play on Ultros? I'm using a European based server just now (live in the UK) and everything is dandy most of the time, but the game tells me my connection isn't as good if I switch over to another data centre in the US etc. Probably not the best time to ask since I'm just getting friendly with my FC, but it'd be good to go with GAF if I ever have a need to change things up.

On another note, I'm still having far too much fun with this Faire event.

Decided to transfer my character (and my brother's) to Ultros so we can join you guys. Playing this game alone is too boring :(

Do you guys still have room in the Free Company?

Yes, there is room. Sign up and apply at neogaf.guildwork.com and then submit an in-game request to join the Free Company. Instructions for that are also on the site.

aceface

Remember, breaking rocks against Titan ex tonight on Ultros! Starting around 9pm eastern if anyone is interested in getting the clear or helping.

Zareka: All the data centers for the US and EU are in Montreal so the connection shouldn't be different at all.

Does anyone play this on ps3? Or is pretty much everyone on PC? I'm thinking about getting this for my ps3 but I don't wanna buy a dead game

What are the chances of my connection tanking if I tried to play on Ultros? I'm using a European based server just now (live in the UK) and everything is dandy most of the time, but the game tells me my connection isn't as good if I switch over to another data centre in the US etc. Probably not the best time to ask since I'm just getting friendly with my FC, but it'd be good to go with GAF if I ever have a need to change things up.

All the EU/NA servers are located in the same data center which is in Canada. There shouldn't be any difference at all (YMMV due to number of players on the server, server load, etc.). The purpose of the separate EU servers are strictly for time zone grouping. We have quite a few EU and other non-NA region members on Ultros. Depending on what part of the EU you are from, it may be quieter on the server during the week at your peak time, but there is a lot of overlap on the weekend.

Does anyone play this on ps3? Or is pretty much everyone on PC? I'm thinking about getting this for my ps3 but I don't wanna buy a dead game

PS3/PS4 players are on the same servers as PC players. Nothing to worry about (other than the expected PS3 hardware limitation issues).

Zareka

All the EU/NA servers are located in the same data center which is in Canada. There shouldn't be any difference at all (YMMV due to number of players on the server, server load, etc.). The purpose of the separate EU servers are strictly for time zone grouping. We have quite a few EU and other non-NA region members on Ultros. Depending on what part of the EU you are from, it may be quieter on the server during the week at your peak time, but there is a lot of overlap on the weekend.

Damn it, seriously? If I'd known this I'd have checked before pouring hours into my character on Moogle. :(

Ah well, I'd feel bad for my FC if I transferred now. Thanks for letting me know there shouldn't be much of a difference, though; if I ever feel like switching servers or if this FC doesn't work out, I know where to go!

IvorB

I play on Ultros without any issues from the UK.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So I calculated what materia I'm gonna need for crafters and gatherers when I finally hit 50 on each of the eleven classes.

Someone hold me.

Noi

And that's only if you successfully get a meld for every one and don't fail it 10 times in a row!
Sorry not sorry

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Did you include the materia multiplier for RNG hating you on overmelds?

I did calculate how many will NOT fail.
It made me even more depressed.

Anyone have any good recommendations for T9 videos? Going in there again this weekend, and it's time for me to get serious.
I watched a few of them before I got a good grasp on what's going down, and also rewrote the rotation accounting for my own role, where I am to stand and what to cast.
Here is what I watched to get the general idea of mechanics:
http://solitude.guildwork.com/forum/threads/5373baf7002aa85631354a7b-turn-9-in-depth-guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csx4ezJK7xs
And then I also googled a POV for WHM without commentary to check out the flow.
And here's a concise summary of divebomb bullshit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odLIj9LTOuc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom