• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

BLUEBIRD HYPE, FINALLY DROPPED.
Harder than T9, looks like I can finally quit this game. See you later FFXIV GAF
Then again I still need that opo

WolvenOne

I watched a few of them before I got a good grasp on what's going down, and also rewrote the rotation accounting for my own role, where I am to stand and what to cast.
Here is what I watched to get the general idea of mechanics:
http://solitude.guildwork.com/forum/threads/5373baf7002aa85631354a7b-turn-9-in-depth-guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csx4ezJK7xs
And then I also googled a POV for WHM without commentary to check out the flow.
And here's a concise summary of divebomb bullshit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odLIj9LTOuc

Thanks guys, I'll be going over this material obsessively once I'm home from work. XD

Chille

I will probably get into trouble for this, but damn it so happy. Awhile ago square enix contacted us about using my review for a quote in the future, it finally happened!

BvGL4cmCAAMPt-5.jpg

Reminder for Ultros GAF:

The contest deadline is this Sunday! Submit your summer vacation themed screenshots with captions as soon as possible. You can submit your entries to me (Maple Cookie) via the website or via NeoGAF PM. Visit neogaf.guildwork.com for more information. This is something that takes minimal effort and I would say that your odds of winning something are pretty high.

Prizes:
Grand Prize: 500,000G (in addition to other prizes)*
First Place (Gold): 300,000G and choice of minion
2nd Place (Silver): 100,000G and choice of minion
3rd Place (Bronze): 50,000G and choice of minion
Honorable Mention(s): 50,000G*

* Grand prize and honorable mentions are dependent on number of entries

Minions: Onion Prince, Eggplant Knight, King Tomato, Mandragora Queen, Tiny Tapir, Magic Broom, Plush Cushion, etc.

Isaccard

We should do a room contest for best looking room

I've peeked at a few members rooms and was blown away tbh

Galen's room was not one of them

We should do a room contest for best looking room

I've peeked at a few members rooms are was blown away tbh

Galen's room was not one of them

This type of event is definitely on our radar. Next event will probably be trivia. A chocobo race, room design contest, costume contest, and some other ideas are firmly in the 'yes' category for the future.

Will post a screenshot after blocking out the names but the tank got really pissy because I was using Thunder in my AOE rotation as BLM and called me an idiot and told me to enjoy my 30 minute queue.

Which I did not because I switched to WHM and got an instant queue

Will post a screenshot after blocking out the names but the tank got really pissy because I was using Thunder in my AOE rotation as BLM and called me an idiot and told me to enjoy my 30 minute queue.

Don't know why we always block out the names knowing the name of the tank would help some people know who to avoid getting grouped up with.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Wow. Report that guy for harassment.

WolvenOne

Report for harassment.

Prototype

Moment of truth. Do I resub for another month? I've done a little of every thing at this point and now all I have left is ex primals and waiting each week for sol tomes. Also coil I guess. Novus isn't making things welcoming either...

Don't know why we always block out the names knowing the name of the tank would help some people know who to avoid getting grouped up with.

It's hard because the nature of online and humans nature too... things easily can turn into witch hunts.

Sophia

Moment of truth. Do I resub for another month? I've done a little of every thing at this point and now all I have left is ex primals and waiting each week for sol tomes. Also coil I guess. Novus isn't making things welcoming either...

At least sub for the live events happening this month and what may come in Patch 2.35.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

I guess the even sadder part about this is that everyone else went along with the vote kick, because the process isn't unilateral, is it?

iammeiam

I guess the even sadder part about this is that everyone else went along with the vote kick, because the process isn't unilateral, is it?

The problem with rejecting a tank-initiated vote kick over something stupid is that a tank willing to initiate a vote kick over something stupid is probably also going to pitch a fit and refuse to progress if their vote isn't passed.

I'll happily let a tank waste their precious time having a tantrum, but a lot of people just want to get the dungeon over with and kicking the DPS is faster than replacing the tank.

Apparently using Thunder in a BLM aoe rotation is grounds for being kicked out of a dungeon, who knew?
DOES NOT COMPUTE

STILL DOESNT COMPUTE
What was the dongeon in question ? i can't recall one ennemy where using thunder isn't a good thing .
The problem with rejecting a tank-initiated vote kick over something stupid is that a tank willing to initiate a vote kick over something stupid is probably also going to pitch a fit and refuse to progress if their vote isn't passed.

I'll happily let a tank waste their precious time having a tantrum, but a lot of people just want to get the dungeon over with and kicking the DPS is faster than replacing the tank.

Tell me about it . i once met a tank that wanted to kick me for no reason and everyone else disagreed with him.. So i wasn't kicked and he refused to fight the boss going as far as removing his gear , try to get the boss aggro and exiting the boss area before the 15 secs. Some people are just dumb.

Isaccard

Apparently using Thunder in a BLM aoe rotation is grounds for being kicked out of a dungeon, who knew?

lol. While I don't agree with the actions taken to correct your mistake, thunder on trash is a waste. Wut were you doing exactly? Thunder in your AoE rotation is ????

lol. While I don't agree with the actions taken to correct your mistake, thunder on trash is a waste. Wut were you doing exactly? Thunder in your AoE rotation is ????

Hullbreaker Isle. I honestly didn't feel safe aoeing the first place, tank kept dying all the time and couldn't hold hate on a group.

I read that as Grandia PS3 and Grandia PS4 and was all "Wut!?!"
I didn't want to open an old wound, grandia fan !
Sorry if this happenned ( grandia fan here as well )

You'd be surprised what some people can overlook. They'll look at a screen, see the shapes, and won't even see anything else.
But gridania ( at night ) , the lightning doesn't even compare. heck in most of the areas , when it rains or during thunder , it's just not the same thing.

Hullbreaker Isle. I honestly didn't feel safe aoeing the first place, tank kept dying all the time and couldn't hold hate on a group.
That guy was an idiot.
Using thunder in hullbreaker is not even remotely a problem.
heck if the tank split the adds , a BLM can't aoe or waste copious amounts of MP
3.0 coming sooner than we think

That's good.
I'd open the bets for early 2015 !

-------------
Did i really just heard that ? Microsoft wanted exclusive content for an mmo for it to be on their console ? Yoshida is right , it really make no sense to think like that for a gamer POV ...

suzu

I had a BLM the other day that only used Fire2 for aoe and refused to use Flare (Tam-Tara HM). The party didn't care too much though. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom