• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Any tips for SCH heals during the transition to that phase that can help mitigate the damage coming in? Folks were standing on the neurolink, and I tried to get sacred soil and succor up, but HP still got really low with that massive blue explosion. Is it always like that and I just need to have Eos' group HP regen ready to heal people up after?)

Honestly you don't have to worry about topping anyone but the MT off following Aetheric Profusion for an entire phase. The only damage in Twister/Dreadknight phase will be on the main tank; anything else will be an instant kill. Regardless, Sacred Soil on the party, Super Virus on Twintania, and Succors should be enough to keep everyone alive through profusion. Don't worry if people drop low as it's okay as long as they don't die. A WHM's Medica II should be all the AOE heals you need following profusion.

Any tips for SCH heals during the transition to that phase that can help mitigate the damage coming in? Folks were standing on the neurolink, and I tried to get sacred soil and succor up, but HP still got really low with that massive blue explosion. Is it always like that and I just need to have Eos' group HP regen ready to heal people up after?

You should focus only on getting the tank healed back up. Twister (except in very rare occasions) and dreadknights are instant kill so the only one taking any damage in this phase should be the tank. Get the tanks health up ASAP and focus on avoiding twister. You have plenty of time to heal others before the final phase starts but there can sometimes be death sentence immediately after aetheric profusion, so heal dat main tank

WolvenOne

Any tips on fighting curious George?

I assume you mean Curious Gorge, well your arena for fighting him is huge, so take advantage of it and get some distance if you need time to recover. Also remember to make use of your CDs, aside from occasionally getting your distance you're forced to essentially just stand up and take damage in that fight, so mitigating the damage your taking in is extremely important.

Zareka

Level Arcanist to 34 for Eye for an Eye
Thaumaturge to 26 for Swiftcast!
Ah crap, I completely forgot about cross class abilities. Time to get leveling about...5 extra classes. ;_;
To add to the other posts, you can also do hunting log and challenge log too. Doing low level roulette once a day gives good exp.
Ooooh, I forgot about the challenge log! I see that pop up every now and then and it always ends up giving good exp. I might shoot for some of those! Thank you. :)

lunchtoast

So I got Summoner over the weekend. Still need to get Thaumaturge to 26. Currently playing Archer and enjoying it. What I don't get is why they would make the summons less cool looking than in 11.

It was also a great idea to let your chocobo fight. Makes lvling other jobs a lot easier.

And hunting logs get mad XP, was surprised people I'm playing with never bothered to look at it until I mentioned the XP.

Ken

Ah crap, I completely forgot about cross class abilities. Time to get leveling about...5 extra classes. ;_;

Ooooh, I forgot about the challenge log! I see that pop up every now and then and it always ends up giving good exp. I might shoot for some of those! Thank you. :)

i wouldnt worry about Eye for an Eye unless you were leveling ACN to level ACN. Swift is a must though.

Zareka

i wouldnt worry about Eye for an Eye unless you were leveling ACN to level ACN. Swift is a must though.

Well, I was leveling an arcanist already for summoner so I guess I'll pick it up anyway, but at least now I know it's not needed. Currently starting on my Thaum for Swiftcast and possibly taking on a Black Mage later on!

Thanks for the advice, everyone. :)

Mesharey

What's the recommended loot for BARD in ST?

I'll play last run of this week so I'll get tank legs, oil, or anything for BARD, can't play tomorrow and next week. >_>

Just tried leviathan ( Extreme )

As much as i despise leviathan ( hard ) from being too easy and underwhelming , extreme is so fun !!
I mean .. the rails come off ..

#gamechanger

Seriously The entire fight is fun now..

Bah, gonna be pretty annoyed if they nerf hunt rewards too much. I did a ton of hunting on my JP server last week(enough to get almost 10k seals) and outside of one or two BAKAYAROOOO shouts for missing a fight I never ran into a single problem.

Honestly, it feels like a case of asshole players causing drama and ruining it for people who actually enjoy the content.
Hell, I will admit that the Zerg fights are boring but in my opinion boring open world play is better than non existent open world play.

Oh well, I can just hope the nerfs aren't bad enough to actually kill the only active open world content in the game
:(

Frazley

GAF rocks! Had 3 awesome players last night help me through Garuda story. I'm going to be unable to do party dungeons for a week and a half and this way I can progress the story and not be locked by Garuda.

GAF, thank you again for being there! I want to help others when I reach high level and I plan to! :)

I have to say, the story cutscenes are the most epic I have ever seen in an MMO! I actually like the story. I admit I haven't seen much of WoW post-BC. I saw the Worgen and Goblin opening cinematics and those were cool, but the Garuda cutscenes were epic! I like where this is going! Plus, the fact if an NPC moves or errrr ceases to be there, the NPC is actually gone for good! Love the per person instancing of world areas.

Frazley

Someone stop me from making a 3rd alt just so I can get all of the special event stuff for that character.

Don't do it! 1 character is enough, at least for me! I hated the days of WoW where I had one character with event stuff and had to do it multiple times for multiple alts.

Is the DQX event next month worth checking out? I only ask because my subscription will run out days before the event begins and I had planned on taking a necessary break from the game

I would only play it if you really want the event stuff. It might not return again, but it could. So better safe than sorry.

ReaperXL7

So I decided to start working on my animus books and I was wondering if I can do the contents of the book as any class or does it have to be the Class for the weapon the books are for?

Example: can I do a dungeon like tam tara as a PLD despite the animus book being for Summoner and still get completion for my book?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So I decided to start working on my animus books and I was wondering if I can do the contents of the book as any class or does it have to be the Class for the weapon the books are for?

Example: can I do a dungeon like tam tara as a PLD despite the animus book being for Summoner and still get completion for my book?

No, you need to be on your class and have the weapon equipped when you kill the target.

Teknoman

Just tried leviathan ( Extreme )

As much as i despise leviathan ( hard ) from being too easy and underwhelming , extreme is so fun !!
I mean .. the rails come off ..

#gamechanger

Seriously The entire fight is fun now..

Yup you actually have a sense of danger to go with all the wave animations!

Any tips for SCH heals during the transition to that phase that can help mitigate the damage coming in? Folks were standing on the neurolink, and I tried to get sacred soil and succor up, but HP still got really low with that massive blue explosion. Is it always like that and I just need to have Eos' group HP regen ready to heal people up after?

In any case, it was fun. Hopefully we can get a few regulars as a core to try and get her down. =)

Drop your Virus on him a couple seconds before he uses Aetherial (or Aetheric?) Profusion, it'll lower the damage on everyone. Aside from that, just worry about topping the tank off right away after transition, as there is no raid damage to worry about during the twister phase (and if they get hit with twister, they'll die anyways).

FrankCaron

Gold Member
Anyone online now? Just transferred to Ultros, finished the Guildwork application, and want to do the in-game FC one.

My scholar is ready.

suzu

I'll play last run of this week so I'll get tank legs, oil, or anything for BARD, can't play tomorrow and next week. >_>

The pants are ok if you need accuracy. Boots. And there's the foofy hat for glamour. lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wuts an atma

xMAE2Wa.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I find it funny this game has both Atma and Ultima.

GAF rocks! Had 3 awesome players last night help me through Garuda story. I'm going to be unable to do party dungeons for a week and a half and this way I can progress the story and not be locked by Garuda.

GAF, thank you again for being there! I want to help others when I reach high level and I plan to! :)

I have to say, the story cutscenes are the most epic I have ever seen in an MMO! I actually like the story. I admit I haven't seen much of WoW post-BC. I saw the Worgen and Goblin opening cinematics and those were cool, but the Garuda cutscenes were epic! I like where this is going! Plus, the fact if an NPC moves or errrr ceases to be there, the NPC is actually gone for good! Love the per person instancing of world areas.

I want to second this. GAF members on Ultros happily helped me through Prae, Chimera, and Hydra and let me watch the cutscenes for all of them. They have put up with me fumbling with how DF works.

Can't wait to be high level enough to really start helping out the FC.

iammeiam

We only have to ask the bard in mor dhona , he will tell you a much better tale than the original fight.

I want tam -tara extreme ASAP ( hopefully with another ending for our married girl )

I really, really want to see that bard's reinterpretation of Greg's chickens. Twenty feet tall, breathing fire, and drooling?

klee123

Assuming that you haven't run Coil 2 yet.

If you need ACC, then the Amon's Breeches are recommended.

The Gloves are also great if you've already got the accuracy.

The coat is nice, but IMO, the Auroral Tabard is much better if you've got Amon's Breeches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom