• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did an S hunt, and only was able to get a lock on the enemy twice.

Even FFXI knew 12 years ago that a mob you have targeted shouldn't be able to vanish....

khaaan

I just got out of my starting area (Gridania) and went to Limsa Lominsa and I have a couple questions:

If it helps, I'm a level 19 CNJ

1) I wanted to do some quests there before I moved onto the next location that the story takes me to but so far they all seem to be what looks like would have been intro quests for people who started there. Do I have to do all of them to get to the better stuff? Is the same thing going to happen in the next town?

2) A few quest markers have popped up over Crafting/Gathering guilds, am I supposed to be getting into them now or do I get into them later?

3) If I'm supposed to be getting into them now, does it matter which one? Can I switch between them as much as I want?

Ken

I just got out of my starting area (Gridania) and went to Limsa Lominsa and I have a couple questions:

1) I wanted to do some quests there before I moved onto the next location that the story takes me to but so far they all seem to be what looks like would have been intro quests for people who started there. Do I have to do all of them to get to the better stuff? Is the same thing going to happen in the next town?

2) A few quest markers have popped up over Crafting/Gathering guilds, am I supposed to be getting into them now or do I get into them later?

3) If I'm supposed to be getting into them now, does it matter which one? Can I switch between them as much as I want?

1) don't bother with them. better saved for future class leveling.

2) up to you although crafting is for jerks

3) no though there might be a preferred order for leveling cross-class skill wise idunno

For 3 it doesn't matter what you do first, but there are Cross Class skills that are way better if you get them earlier (for example Byregot's Blessing_Crp 50 and Steady Hand II-Culinarian 37). Getting all the crafting classes to 15 will give you good cross class skills as well (Hasty Touch, Careful Synth) are very nice to have

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Did an S hunt, and only was able to get a lock on the enemy twice.

Even FFXI knew 12 years ago that a mob you have targeted shouldn't be able to vanish....

Mobs vanished all the time in FFXI. I remember tons of times on Nidhogg with so many people in Aery.

rezn0r

sorry for the random & noobish question but I can barely find mixed info on this nevermind concrete answers.

been playing since beta of 1.0 but just recently got back into it - do the following items have any use AT ALL in ARR? i saw on posts on the official forum that some can be traded-in in mor dhona but if they can i can't find where.

example: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...form-voucher?p=1283381&viewfull=1#post1283381

but only Rowena is there, and she only talks, there's no "shop" opening up.

Steel Natalan Coffer Key - ran through a few times, never see any coffers
Lapis Cross
Vortex Headdress
Unmarked Keystone
Wanted: Gauwyn the Gannet
Unsealed Memorandum
all kinds of beastmen currency - Ixali Knots, Amalj'ok, etc - are these similar to Allagan pieces where they are just meant to be sold?

am i stupid? thanks!

Ken

a lot of 1.0 stuff could have been traded in for um...tomes (i think philo) but now that philo has been phased out they might be tradeable for myth. i can check for you after this frontlines.

rezn0r

a lot of 1.0 stuff could have been traded in for um...tomes (i think philo) but now that philo has been phased out they might be tradeable for myth. i can check for you after this frontlines.

awesome thanks, i sort of figure they can be traded somewhere for something, anything is better than dropping them, i just can't seem to find out where that is. trying to organize storage after leveling a few new jobs up.

Ken

ibfW4TBtHhhewP.png

i think these are the only 1.0 items you can trade in/have some use these days?

although with myth flowing like water i'd probably just keep the items

rezn0r

i think these are the only 1.0 items you can trade in/have some use these days?

although with myth flowing like water i'd probably just keep the items

cool thanks for checking, i don't have any of those items but oh well. you're right too it's only a few spots, may as well hold on to them.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
weren't you the only that didn't clear t9 tho

Yeah. It still took us a great total of 7-8 hours.
Dumb mistakes just kept piling up, mine in no small share.
This clear is completely thanks to Kyoko Hana. Excellent leader.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Mobs vanished all the time in FFXI. I remember tons of times on Nidhogg with so many people in Aery.

I don't remember ever loosing a lock once I had the enemy targeted, Now if it was crowded, you might never see it at first to get it targeted, but then there was always /assist

iammeiam

So one thing the summer photo contest did is get me to start taking more screenshots, and this really is a pretty game. More people should do Ramuh. Because he has the best beard AND the best sky.

Just to ask again, you can transfer mp3s from the blu-ray ost right?

Yes, as long as you have a bluray drive on your computer. There's a bunch of zip files with mp3s in them on the BluRay disc itself.

Teknoman

So one thing the summer photo contest did is get me to start taking more screenshots, and this really is a pretty game. More people should do Ramuh. Because he has the best beard AND the best sky.

Yes, as long as you have a bluray drive on your computer. There's a bunch of zip files with mp3s in them on the BluRay disc itself.

What about from your PS3 / PS4 to a usb drive and then to your PC? I'm still with a DVD-RW drive. I do need to upgrade at some point.

iammeiam

What about from your PS3 / PS4 to a usb drive and then to your PC? I'm still with a DVD-RW drive. I do need to upgrade at some point.

I don't think the PS4 has a file browser? I popped my disk in and it just gives me the bluray player option.

I use a cheap $40 external BR drive. Not exactly optimal, but it gets the job done on the rare occasions I need optical media.

milkham

can someone explain the map to a noob? i'm trying to get to Camp Drybone and I don't understand how i'm supposed to figure out how to walk there. since everything is displayed in chunks instead of one contiguous map, and the marker doesn't show up unless you're already in the area, I can't even tell where I am in relation to it.

milkham, you can click on the points on the map that lead to other zones to find out what path you'll need to take. It's usually pretty straightforward, only a few zones are really out of the way for a lower levels player.

WolvenOne

Needs polish of course, but our group is now upto the point where we can get past there first set or golum's in T9. Slowly but surely progress is being made Just gotta keep going so our group has a decent chance to farm dis before 2.4. *knock on wood.*

kiryogi

Banned
This I remember

This I don't, especially since the above was stated after sometime after E3

in any case, I dont see Shiva not making it for 2.4

Shiva is expansion along with Ishgard.

Next up, Shiva's story has been confirmed to begin with patch 2.3 even though she won't be an in-game primal battle for some time. Her story is very long and complicated and ties in closely with the main storyline of Final Fantasy XIV and the upcoming expansion that will likely be announced during Fan Fest in October. Patch 2.4's story will focus on events that build up to the confrontation with the Queen of Ice, but Yoshida didn't seem too eager to reveal when she would be challenged by the Scions of the Seventh Dawn.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/25407...ng-ninja-job-in-patch-24-shivas-story-begins/

Robin64

What level do we need for the FFXI event? I'm at 37 now (just recently killed Titan, that was awesome) so I hope I can take part.

Man so happy to be on my last book, waiting around for FATE's like Taken, Breaking Dawn, Schism, Seps, The Taste of Fear...yeah, hot garbage. Of course Novus isn't much better but since this isn't my main job, I can take my time with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom