• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
This seems really crazy. Not sure how they are doing this.

Mad DPS/determination gear it looks like. WAR is keeping up Storms eye buff on the PLD. PLD is on Sword oath entire time on Dread. To note, the PLD is outdpsing the WAR according to the parse. Everyone is doing utmost awesome though. The Sch was dpsing @ 113, 83 for WHM.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Well done, everyone, we did it; we drove Tiduz insane.
ffxiv_06072014_123755xnjbu.png

I couldn't have done it without all of you.

BadRNG

Not sure what's so surprising about that? PLD in sword oath with constant SE buff does more damage than out of defiance WAR, this has been known for awhile. On top of i110 dps accessories he's also got the HA blade, which not only obviously has highest weapon damage it is also a 2.16 speed blade. Going by his HP he's gone full 30STR too.

Wearing some of the left side Det pieces likely helps too but that is minor compared to all the extra strength he has.

I gotta check out if my PLD can push 200 dps hard if I wear dps gear.
I can do 270 or so with i100 weapon and a couple dps accessories, without SE buff. I would be surprised if you couldn't do 200.

So i just resubbed after getting to level 30 last year during my free month.

Im reading that grinding FATEs is the fastest way to level, does that still hold true today? Can anyone advise the best places for leveling post-30 or link me to a good guide?

IvorB

The black mage buffs are nice, but like the echo, and it really only makes the good BLMs even better, but doesn't really do much for bad players. ie if you're not using aetherial manipulation, you're blming wrong.

What do you use Aetherial Manipulation for?

Tabris

BLM's are getting a 9% DPS increase on single target attacks. I don't know how that buff doesn't apply to bad players as well.

So i just resubbed after getting to level 30 last year during my free month.

Im reading that grinding FATEs is the fastest way to level, does that still hold true today? Can anyone advise the best places for leveling post-30 or link me to a good guide?

Dungeons / duty roulette are fastest, and use fates or levequests while you queue.

Although on your first class you should just do the story, you'll get to 50 as it ends anyway. (*original story)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
What do you use Aetherial Manipulation for?

I asked this yesterday and in-game actually used it, more specifically the Ultima fight I was skating around like a goddamn pro. Except when I died.

Actually I am surprised I didn't die THAT much....

Damn I suck.

Eldren

As a conjurer, should I be putting any attribute points into piety? I thought I was supposed to go all in on mind but I'm concerned about running out of MP in boss fights. I just finished Toto-Rak and having to use esuna to cleanse all the poisons was taking it's toll.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
As a conjurer, should I be putting any attribute points into piety? I thought I was supposed to go all in on mind but I'm concerned about running out of MP in boss fights. I just finished Toto-Rak and having to use esuna to cleanse all the poisons was taking it's toll.

No, manage your mana better.

dramatis

Back when I leveled and my mana ran out, I would actually run up to the boss (because this usually only happened on bosses) and auto attack while mana regenerated.

ANY DPS IS DPS YO

iammeiam

Is Grade 1 topsoil actually useful? I pick it up when it pops while I'm mining, but I'm not sure if it's even good for anything or if the better soils make it useless.

No worries, as you level up more you'll get some things that will make managing and conserving MP easier. Stick with +MND attributes.

I don't understand why some people are like that. It just seems like a good idea to take some of the pressure off the healer when possible, especially when you know you're going to have a lot of incoming damage.

This is my first mmo as a healer. Doing brayflox speed runs at first was scary.(I know I fucked up a gaf run!) Lol but honestly im used to it at this point. There's really no sense of pressure. I feel like its built up a desire for having to be on my game a lot of the time. Keeps it fun.

chris-013

Finished the story 2.0 -> 2.2 ! I'm ready for the next update. ^^
2.2 was really great and with we saw from the 2.3 trailer, that seems even more cooler !
Until the 2.4 and the new class... I need my rogue/ninja.

Do you think the new class/job will have dexterity as main attribute ?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
2.2 was really great and with we saw from the 2.3 trailer, that seems even more cooler !

Yes.

Eldren

Thanks for the pointers, I just did a second run and it went a lot more smoothly. I think the first tank may have been a bit undergeared (plus the DPS kept focussing on different enemies all the time which didn't help) because this time I felt a lot more comfortable. Toto-Rak is probably still my least favourite dungeon but at least it won't be long until I can start grinding Haukke Manor instead.

BlackJace

How long do you have to be inactive for you to be dropped from the FC? I won't be able to resub for another week or two.

dramatis

It's rejecting my password and does not recognise my email address. Did I get hacked or what?
Which version do you play on (PS3/PS4/PC)?

Do you use the 'One Time Password'?

You do not sign in using your email, but your Square Enix ID.

rocketobear

Neo Member
Anyone in the GAF FC have a static looking for a healer for the Second Coil of Bahamut? I've been trying to find parties to clear T6 and know the whole fight and mechanics, but none of the PF groups are good enough to pull through. D:

iLvl 95 WHM/SCH (my ign is Naji Ferrinas)

IvorB

Which version do you play on (PS3/PS4/PC)?

Do you use the 'One Time Password'?

You do not sign in using your email, but your Square Enix ID.

I don't use one-time password. I tried signing in a couple of times with no luck then I tried password reset which is when it told me that email address does not exist.

dramatis

I don't use one-time password. I tried signing in a couple of times with no luck then I tried password reset which is when it told me that email address does not exist.
Big mistake you should rectify after this mess.

You tried signing in to the game the normal way (ID + password) and what was the error? Or are you trying to sign into the game with Email + password (incorrect)?

Afterwards which you tried signing in online to SE account management?

PS3/PS4/PC?

Paging Pellegri Testament.

Pshh have yet to see you push those healer dps numbers, not sure what you're talking about.

If they plan on reworking how dex works for classes then yes. Rogue/Ninja are not ranged classes, unless they make dex calculate dmg based on class it will still only affect Archer/Bard. They either rework it(make it only affect Bard/Ninja and their classes, nothing else) or they go the lazy route and let it affect melee abilities too which would make melee the most OP jobs in game. I honestly see them taking the other lazy route, which is Rogue/Ninja will use strength and they continue to let dex only affect a single class/job until the expac.

BadRNG

Their DRG did 427 DPS :)
Yeah, even with all that gear/specced STR the PLD was still lowest "fulltime" dps.

It fits thematically and they found some unused developer skills that boost DEX in the last update, but in terms of gameplay mechanics and aesthetics gear wise it makes no sense for NIN to be DEX over STR. They are a melee class, and STR is the only stat that boosts melee damage (DEX is purely defined as ranged). Being able to wear the same gear class as MNKs matches with NIN style too, especially in CT with the Fuma gear. I would be so surprised if NIN cannot wear that.

Toto-Rak isn't bad as SCH actually. I get really bored as DPS though.
But SCH are dps at that level.

IvorB

Big mistake you should rectify after this mess.

You tried signing in to the game the normal way (ID + password) and what was the error? Or are you trying to sign into the game with Email + password (incorrect)?

Afterwards which you tried signing in online to SE account management?

PS3/PS4/PC?

Just so we're on the right page: You went here https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/reminder to reset your password, yes?

If you went to https://membership.square-enix.com/account/recovery then you went to the wrong page.

I'm on PS4. Yeah I went to the password recovery page after sign in with ID and password failed. Did someone take my account? What are they doing with it? :-(

dramatis

I'm on PS4. Yeah I went to the password recovery page after sign in with ID and password failed. Did someone take my account? What are they doing with it? :-(
The "this email doesn't exist" error has happened to others, chances are you will have to contact SE support and reset email.

Since it's possible your email will not be in the database, they will actually ask you to email copies of documentation confirming your identity for your SE ID. If you push hard they will check quickly and get you going in a few hours. However, what happens is different on a case by case basis, so try to ask about all the things you can do to get your account back. Your SE ID, your password, probably your security questions/answers, and the email you want to change your account back to, those are probably the things you need to have at hand.

If you have a smartphone, you should be using the Square Enix Token app to get a one time password every time you login. Aside from making your account more secure, it also gives you one free teleport destination in the game.

King_Moc

Banned
Just started playing again after a month off. On my third Brayflox run, the healer fucked up a couple of times, and some idiot decides it's my fault (I'm tank). Typically, he left the insults until right at the end. I blew him a kiss and left. He's probably the sort of person that'd be really offended by that. People need to chill out, it's a game ffs.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Did you create the account on your PS4? If you did, try entering "email@address.Com" in the recovery field. The email address is case sensitive and the PS4 software keyboard automatically capitalizes the C in .com cause of the period so that's sometimes the reason for the invalid email error.

A notice to PlayStation®4 users needing their Square Enix Account Password
The ID (or email address) field in the Square Enix Account Management system is case sensitive. It's possible during registration, the virtual keyboard auto-capitalized a word after a period. For example, your email might have been registered as "Yourname@email.Com" or "yourname@email.Com" (with the "Y" or "C" capitalized). Please try entering your email address in these formats if it is not being accepted.

ReaperXL7

One Atma left and this damn fish is an elusive bastard. I do think I am going to switch fully to Warrior, it's just been much more fun to play then Paladin. Paladin has gotten me through tough times though so it's a difficult choice to make.

SkyOdin

My guess is that the Rogue/Ninja will use Strength as its main attribute and use the same gear as the Pugilist/Monk (Striking gear). The biggest piece of evidence for this is that the Labyrinth of the Ancients Monk gear is the Fuma armor, which is explicitly ninja-themed. It also makes sense since Strength is used for melee attacks and it doesn't look like Ninjas will be using the chain/scale armor of Lancers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom