• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooah those changes... i kinda like them ?

but

Aetherflow in pvp .... WHY ..why the nerf ???? Nooooo
Skills such as One Ilm Punch or Glory Slash can now remove any remaining stacks of Aetherflow on a selected target.

GODDAMIT

Taruranto

Crafting for Ixal Quests

I hope I can buy the items to craft 'cause I'm not crafting, ever.

Leather buried treasure maps now yield elemental clusters instead of shards.

RIP Clusters market.

A Skywatcher NPC is now available in every major region.

Great! Still not doing Vista. Shitsucks.

The respawn time of rank B elite marks has been changed to five seconds.

Boring.

New items are available from the Hunt Billmaster.

Oh, I can buy the items to color chocobos. Cool.

Players can now form an alliance prior to undertaking the Labyrinth of the Ancients or Syrcus Tower.

So I can't alliance in any other situation? What's the point?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ixali - Not quite what I was expecting, it will be really interesting if the crafting is sort of like a puzzle to figure out how to maximize result. Will they ban cross class skills? Only give certain things? Would be really interesting way to teach people proper rotations.

Choco coloring - lol

Weatherman - Fishermen and sightseers everywhere rejoice.

PvP changes- Goddamn those melee buffs/ranged nerfs. Knockback for pld? Lots of potency buffs? Can dispel Aetherstacks? Perfect balance in Somersault? I said goddamn! No healer nerfs surprises me, but perhaps the melee buffs with compensate and make them easier to take down. The aetherstack nerf will be huge against SCH.

Spiritbond in dungeons - Interesting, did not know they considered this an issue. If the buff is severe, may see some good ol' castrum speed runs coming back.

SB in dungeons was an issue because people were doing it largely in CT and causing wipes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
/pet emote

vGypKcm.png

JAPANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

What the hell is this? If people can pet my character, then I demand the FFXI /slap command come back!

Taruranto

Well, I have a FC with a garden, so no biggie.

As long I just have to plant shit without some cross-breding garbage I'm ok with it.

BadRNG

So, no change at all to A and S ranks?
I was surprised they didn't even give them Odin/Behemoth style priority. This changes nothing about hunts other than the fact people will be even more hostile with each other over A/S. A lot of people already stopped bothering with Bs.

RIP Clusters market.
I read this as being about the unhidden leather buried maps, it would be weird if the normal maps did clusters given the level of the rest of their rewards.

The retainer shard gathering buff is far more interesting to me. It's 30 now, wonder how much it will be.

edit - I almost forgot, the Ixali have special items purchasable with tokens now. Given they are a crafting tribe, could we be seeing items available there like that? Materia? Crystals?

Oh hey they added a new quest for each of the existing beast tribes.

Everyone gets to go back to the sylphlands! :D!

Was I reading this incorrectly? Do you have to finish all the other beast quest tribes to take on the GC quests before you can take on the specific beast quest tribe after that? I r so confused

It would seem so, yes, reading it a second time.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
2952cde08127ad3911220b2b5744330af2f11d85_9.png

That is hideous....

If they ever get round to a SMN job mount, I REALLY hope it's an HD version of this guy.

Fenrir_%28FFXI%29.png

Main reason I leveled SMN.

I was surprised they didn't even give them Odin/Behemoth style priority. This changes nothing about hunts other than the fact people will be even more hostile with each other over A/S. A lot of people already stopped bothering with Bs.

I read this as being about the unhidden leather buried maps, it would be weird if the normal maps did clusters given the level of the rest of their rewards.

The retainer shard gathering buff is far more interesting to me. It's 30 now, wonder how much it will be.

edit - I almost forgot, the Ixali have special items purchasable with tokens now. Given they are a crafting tribe, could we be seeing items available there like that? Materia? Crystals?

Yeah, I agree. Seems they are talking about the unhidden leather maps and since those are pretty rare anyways, seems like a decent reward. I have been very lucky and gotten quite a few of those from maps so more clusters works for me.

iammeiam

Was I reading this incorrectly? Do you have to finish all the other beast quest tribes to take on the GC quests before you can take on the specific beast quest tribe after that? I r so confused

I'm reading it as you cap all tribes, then get a GC quest that sends you on some kind of grand tour quest chain of all the tribes.

WolvenOne

The following items can now be dyed:
Guardian Corps Coat / Guardian Corps Gauntlets / Guardian Corps Skirt / Guardian Corps Boots / Bohemian's Coat / Bohemian's Gloves / Bohemian's Trousers / Bohemian's Boots / Thug's Mug

......Dyable Thugs Mug? Bara's day has surely been made!

I solo'd b ranks all the time. Sucks that they changed it cause the rush i got from killing one before anyone else even got a hit in is now gone :(

BadRNG

I'm reading it as you cap all tribes, then get a GC quest that sends you on some kind of grand tour quest chain of all the tribes.
That's how I read it too. Judging from the new item list, each tribe's quest will give you a new minion. And then a title at the end of it all.

kiryogi

Banned
I wish they would stop tying so much stuff to gardening.

Keeps the gardeners happy. It also makes it a high demand/supply with how limited it will be on the onset, instead of being so easily accessible. We can't have everything be like food stamps for less dedicated players.

BadRNG

I would be completely fine with it if gardening wasn't tied solely to FCs. Not giving us personal pots or something at least for our rooms was a huge missed opportunity.

It seems like they put a lot of work into designing the gardening system, it's just a system not many players can actually use. The continuous personal housing delays have been really rough with how they seemed to have designed the entire chocobo raising concept.

Keeps the gardeners happy. It also makes it a high demand/supply with how limited it will be on the onset, instead of being so easily accessible. We can't have everything be like food stamps for less dedicated players.
It's late and I really can't tell if this is all sarcasm or not.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I would be completely fine with it if gardening wasn't tied solely to FCs. Not giving us personal pots or something at least for our rooms was a huge missed opportunity.

It seems like they put a lot of work into designing the gardening system, it's just a system not many players can actually use. The continuous personal housing delays have been really rough with how they seemed to have designed the entire chocobo raising concept.

It's late and I really can't tell if this is all sarcasm or not.

This is my main issue with it, especially when you're in a large FC like ours.

Taruranto

I don't like gardening much, but this is literally "plant shit and watch it grow". Pretty inoffensive.

Plus you'll probably be allowed to buy them from MB soon enough.

They should really add private gardening like in XI, though.

/pet is the greatest idea ever and thank you Squenix.

So they have removed rewards from the B marks, I guess this means you can no longer kill a few Bs while you wait for A/S to pop. I'm glad they didn't nerf Myth and Sold from Hunts though, that would have been just awful. My Alexandrite farming can continue.

I'm wondering now...how exactly is a Lalafell going to /pet a Roegadyn? The animation for that should be interesting I guess.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So i have 2,347 allied seals and nothing to use them on, I'm willing to dump a thousand seals on choco dye seeds for the FC if there's any room in the garden to grow them.

So they have removed rewards from the B marks, I guess this means you can no longer kill a few Bs while you wait for A/S to pop. I'm glad they didn't nerf Myth and Sold from Hunts though, that would have been just awful. My Alexandrite farming can continue.

They buffed the reward from the daily bills to 32 Allied Seals all together. And the weeklies now give you 50. So, if you don't want to join the zerg train for As and Bs you can take it easy and do your dailies and weekly bills which are a guaranteed 274 Allied Seals per week.

Pretty good deal, I think. I've already got the gear and accessories for my main Job unweathered, so I have no problem hunting at a more relaxed pace.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I suddenly regret drawing attention to /pet.

Not really.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They buffed the reward from the daily bills to 32 Allied Seals all together. And the weeklies now give you 50. So, if you don't want to join the zerg train for As and Bs you can take it easy and do your dailies and weekly bills which are a guaranteed 274 Allied Seals per week.

Pretty good deal, I think. I've already got the gear and accessories for my main Job unweathered, so I have no problem hunting at a more relaxed pace.

274 allied seals a week is a joke.
You can get more than that in one cycling of A ranks.
...If your server is organized for that of course.

Taruranto

274 allied seals a week is a joke.
You can get more than that in one cycling of A ranks.
...If your server is organized for that of course.

Pretty much, people who are now happy they can "solo" hunts don't realize they could have got truckloads of myth and seals by just hopping in some PF group and killing some B + A.

But hey, I already got all I needed from hunts, I just go after S for fun now. Feel sorry for the poor peeps who still need to get Novus/Animus/etc.

So I guess the only change to Mob Hunts is that now hunting parties will be 50% more boring because the majority of Mobs are now useless and there will still be drama about A/S ranks where it already existed.

Oh well. Guess I can just level my sub-classes during the new downtime or something.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Pretty much, people who are now happy they can "solo" hunts don't realize they could have got truckloads of myth and seals by just hopping in some PF group and killing some B + a.

But hey, I already got all I needed from hunts, I just go after S for fun now. Feel sorry for the poor peps who still need to get Novus/Animus/etc.

So do I, but for different reasons.
Namely, i70 no longer gives guaranteed IVs.
Because these Savage Aim/Might didn't cost enough.

Pretty much, people who are now happy they can "solo" hunts don't realize they could probably get truckloads of myth and seals by just hopping in some PF group and killing some B + a.

But hey, I already got all I needed from hunts, I just go after S for fun now. Feel sorry for the poor peps who still need to get Novus/Animus/etc.

No one cared about the people who whined on the OF about not being able to solo open-world content in an MMO. So let them have their fun doing just the daily mark bills and refusing to join a group and play with other people in a social game.

It's funny to think that I've met so many people on the server that I have literally never seen before until there were Hunts. Before we were all just locked up in our 4 and 8-man instances and the world was just a glorified lobby, because of Hunts people actually gathered together and interacted in both positive and negative ways. Now I have a whole Friends list full of people I met during the Hunts, which might come in handy when I'm trying to fill out a 24-man alliance for ST runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom