• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

New forum post cannot be made due to either you have reached to your daily limit or your main character's level is not high enough.

FOR FUCK SAKE SE.

So do I, but for different reasons.
Namely, i70 no longer gives guaranteed IVs.
Because these Savage Aim/Might didn't cost enough.

I just SB a Savage Aim IV from my old Vanya, I hope I can take it off from MB before servers pop up then. :3

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I guess the only change to Mob Hunts is that now hunting parties will be 50% more boring because the majority of Mobs are now useless and there will still be drama about A/S ranks where it already existed.

Oh well. Guess I can just level my sub-classes during the new downtime or something.
Yeah running into a B while looking for something else was always a nice surprise. Kind of crappy that they've taken all of them off the table now. They should have just kept the global weekly mark, buffed the reward for it/no credit without the bill, and given the mark a degressive buff that would make it so at the start of the week the mark would have the HP of an S and by the end of the week it would dwindle down to the new HP + 5 second respawn timer.

Yeah running into a B while looking for something else was always a nice surprise. Kind of crappy that they've taken all of them off the table now. They should have just kept the global weekly mark, buffed the reward for it/no credit without the bill, and given the mark a degressive buff that would make it so at the start of the week the mark would have the HP of an S and by the end of the week it would dwindle down to the new HP + 5 second respawn timer.

Yeah I am pretty disappointed with this and it makes me worried that we can EVER get some decent open world content. I wish they would just ignore the assholes because there were plenty of people doing the content properly.

edit: Oh I also wanted to thank everyone for their opinions on the 'going blind' topic. I am probably going to continue playing the same way, as I don't mind learning through trial and error.
I also understand that some people will feel that is 'selfish' but then again, I don't really care. Not paying a subscription fee for other people's enjoyment! That may make me an asshole in some people's eyes,
but I am gonna keep doing the hard content with as little research as possible. xD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So I guess the only change to Mob Hunts is that now hunting parties will be 50% more boring because the majority of Mobs are now useless and there will still be drama about A/S ranks where it already existed.

Oh well. Guess I can just level my sub-classes during the new downtime or something.

If anything I bet there will be even more drama now.

Tabris

This is the worst patch so far. So little QoL and content.

Essentially just call this a beast tribe patch, cause not much outside that.

Sorian

Banned
SE missing the mark on hunts again. BIG FUCKING SURPRISE THERE. Business as usual continues though which is good for me.

If anything I bet there will be even more drama now.

Yeah at least previously, some people would be out hunting Bs and miss out on A/S ranks for that reason.

Now the actual hunting parties are going to be less active and will be much more focused on A/S ranks which will inevitably mean more drama. I....I don't even.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So...

I will log, do my treasure map, do my beast tribe quest and wait until 2.4.

kiryogi

Banned
Still no change to dungeon loot

these patch notes... smh

Its amusing people expect the world to change in a stopgap patch. Any major changes will be the major patches like 2.4 2.5 etc. 2.35 and alike are more often bugs and QoL changes. How about that Chocobo dying and weatherman?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe they're going to try phasing out the old hunt system for a new one, and this is just the first part of it. They'll release it out into the wild, see how players respond, then adjust their plans for A/S, since those are far more important than some Bs.

Isaccard

WORKING AS INTENDED.

The way they're going wth hunts, I dont even care

Its amusing people expect the world to change in a stopgap patch. Any major changes will be the major patches like 2.4 2.5 etc. 2.35 and alike are more often bugs and QoL changes. How about that Chocobo dying and weatherman?

Whats so hard about editing an already shit loot table to be less shit? Enlighten me, I'm genuinely curious as to why this couldn't have been done in a patch like this; That sounds like a QoL fix to me, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

this patch is bullshit

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Whats so hard about editing an already shit loot table to be less shit? Enlighten me, I'm genuinely curious as to why this couldn't have been done in a patch like this; That sounds like a QoL fix to me, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

this patch is bullshit

I feel like there is a large amount of mismanagement going on right now.

kiryogi

Banned
Wasnt it Kagari or someone that said Yoship was gonna massively overhaul hunts and does recognize its not working as intended? The reality behind that would be it wouldn't be a overnight thing. More than likely a major milestone down the road.

WolvenOne

There are things I like about this patch, I won't pretend that I'm not disappointed by a few things, but I do think there's a small degree of hyperbole going on at the moment.

That said, yeah, not fixing the dungeon loot tables is a bit disappointing, I'll admit. Conversely though, they changed a lot of gear so you could turn it in for seals, so that'll help with my GC Seals shortage quite a bit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wasnt it Kagari or someone that said Yoship was gonna massively overhaul hunts and does recognize its not working as intended? The reality behind that would be it wouldn't be a overnight thing. More than likely a major milestone down the road.

He said they were going to make changes to it at Gamescom:

Hunts are going to be adjusted in 2.35 on the 19th of Aug. The intention of the mob hunt was to have each rank drawing different types of players B (solo) A (party that finds it or FC members) S (server shouts). But because it was in a public field, it was designed without a claim system. The problem is people decided to hunt every rank the same way. Because the allagan tomestones also drop, people just decided to do hunts over everything else. In 2.35 they will be adjusting them to alleviate some of the current problems. He doesn't want people to feel they need to rush out and farm hunts now because of the planned changes. Also a claim system was used in FFXI and it caused people to make multiple characters and accounts to claim these mobs.That system is not something they will not implement in FFXIV.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
<in a small voice>

Hurray for Ixal quests! Depending how they work, I can lvl my remaining crafting classes much quicker!

<runs off>

Edit: I feel bad for our gardeners. =/ Chocobo Fruit, coloring, and minions all tied to gardening and all in demand. =/

WolvenOne

I've been thinking on it, and it does feel like that to me as well.

If it's a gradual change, yeah that might be understandable. I'm kinda hoping that they add a second Daily Hunt that specifically sends you after a B, while the weekly's shifted over to A's. It just doesn't really make sense to make B's worthless outside of the weekly, since absolutely nobody will be going after them for any purpose whatsoever for weeks at a time.

I mean, yeah, I know that a lot of players ignore B's, but at least they were useful for a quick injection of Myth and Soldiery if you needed it. Now there isn't even that.

Well it does alleviate some of the current problems! Mission complete!

I honestly don't think it does though. I have ran into almost no issues with hunts myself(so maybe I'm not the one to discuss this), but I also can't imagine much drama over early B rank pulls etc.. The drama is always over the big stuff which is just going to be even more of a focus by completely nerfing normal B hunts.

ReaperXL7

So wait...I thought they said we would be able to color our chocobos any color that is available for dyes? Now it's limited to the colors of these fruits?

I wanted a white Chico :(

kiryogi

Banned
I honestly don't think it does though. I have ran into almost no issues with hunts myself(so maybe I'm not the one to discuss this), but I also can't imagine much drama over early B rank pulls etc.. The drama is always over the big stuff which is just going to be even more of a focus by completely nerfing normal B hunts.

Sarcasm aside, the B rank bill issue was only early on for hunts. Given, Naul drama was huge, but a few weeks out at this points folks ignore, or don't even bother to do weekly marks anymore. This does give incentive to do it as a weekly now, but at the same time, has made the A/S a lot worse. No win scenario here!

this patch is bullshit

More than likely a balance issue? Any time they changed drop tables, it was during major patches that introduced brand new dungeons or tomes to tip the scale around properly. So more than likely, we're not gonna see anything of the sort until they either release more gear sets or increase the iLVL. This is the way of the gear treadmill.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So wait...I thought they said we would be able to color our chocobos any color that is available for dyes? Now it's limited to the colors of these fruits?

I imagine it's gonna be like manipulating the colors of RGB pallete.
So you're still able to get various colors, it's just gonna take some time to find out the correct combination of food.

Sarcasm aside, the B rank bill issue was only early on for hunts. Given, Naul drama was huge, but a few weeks out at this points folks ignore, or don't even bother to do weekly marks anymore. This does give incentive to do it as a weekly now, but at the same time, has made the A/S a lot worse. No win scenario here!

lol sorry sarcasm detector be brokeded today.

WolvenOne

Yeah, this might have made sense weeks ago, now it's just, weird. Besides, making the B's respawn immediately would've essentially fixed that problem; admittedly it might or might not have introduced other problems.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Did you miss this glorious post?

"Yoshida-san, please let us color our chocobos."

EzNriLp.jpg

"Well, I have an idea just for you."

bS1FViq.jpg

Y3TIxTi.jpg

"Please look forward to it."
Each fruit will either bump up or decrease red, green, or blue. If you want a white choco you'll probably have to feed it the three fruits that increase RGB until you reach the limit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wooah those changes... i kinda like them ?

but

Aetherflow in pvp .... WHY ..why the nerf ???? Nooooo

GODDAMIT

So awesome. Great idea. Even playing a SMN I think that's awesome. Cool little mechanic.

Kenai

Tying Choco Dye into gardening is pretty depressing given how it works now. At least that will likely no longer be a problem when personal housing is a thing next patch.

The SBing thing though...I don't think I'm ever gonna finish my Novus at this rate. I wasn't willing to pay the prices before than now they are only gonna go up >< I'd really like SE to address that, it's absolutely stupid to make Tier IV so hard to get for this quest.

ixal mount looks awesome. other than that, can i hope to get into FL now?

spritbonding nerf sucks. you won't get lower item lvl sb boost outodoors? so weird man. i just got into sbing gryphonskin, too.

at least i bought 5 det IV materia before i logged out last night.

elyetis

Put me in the people happy with the hunt change. A casual player who don't want to deal with people being able to completly waste their time can now have a 'decent' ( well it would still take a month to get a 'glamour' body edit : heck or two times more ? I'm not even sure at that point I can't even remember how daily hunt work, might have to rethink what I just said about being happy ) chunk of allied seals solo.
Now don't get me wrong I still think there is still some heavy work to be done since while it should make it better for that kind of play, it will most likely make it worst for other player who want to do group for it / make more allied seals.

Their change to spiritbonding is completly stupid, not that I'm fond of the way it made people wear worst gear for a personnal gain in things like ST, but such a change should have been made with the addition of an easier/better way to get those materia.

IMBored

No more SB with trash mobs in Syrcus for me :(
Also, I hope the 70 gear not guaranteeing IV anymore doesn't make lv50 gear less likely to do so.
All in all, disappointed with this patch, no need to kill off B ranks, changes to SB and no mention of S ranks invisibility fix.

Welp, guess I'll just get my Artemis Bow Animus in the next day or so and call it good.

Now we'll see the mad race by everyone to buy up ALL the Savage Might 4 materia. I hope I can log in and pull off all the level 4 materia I have up for sale...and fail.

Lanrutcon

Why does the materia system have to suck so much? Where is the Materia DoH class? why is melding such a pain in the ass?

I swear their devs know they designed the materia system like shit, but are sticking to it out of pride or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom