• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

plake

I really wanted a QOL "skip Choco training CS" option.

Oh well.

Aren't the servers supposed to be up in 2 mins? Was planning to get a head start on the Ixali before the daily reset.

Madchad

just means people will be fighting over the urths gift mobs again. I prefer going North Thanalan to SB anyway since you can get the fates done for seals to buy ventures while you are doing it :D

Lanrutcon

From what I remember if you weren't a JCer in WoW you were gimping your character or something! Let's not go back to those days.

Each profession in WoW grants benefits to the character. You weren't gimped, but if you wanted to min max you needed to take up some professions. In ARR crafters don't get any such benefit.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Apparently there's a new shard (Twintania) on our data center.
Also, NA maintenance extended by an hour.

IMBored

Just realized, maybe crafting/gathering materia will pick up too. If that's so, maybe I'll keep my needed materia and sell the rest, then wait for savage might to drop again.

orion434

I hate when the South Shroud Urths gift gets flooded with spiritbonders, I don't even go for the Type IV's it's the Crafting / Gathering Type II's

The only change was the ilv 70 stuff and dungeons right?

Claymore

I hate when the South Shroud Urths gift gets flooded with spiritbonders, I don't even go for the Type IV's it's the Crafting / Gathering Type II's

How significant is the SB nerf for lvl I/II/III materia? I assume only the lvl IV are really affected and thus the prices on MB?

afaik II materia will bond slower when you fight high level mobs now. so even more fiddling with gear sets. they made this shit way too complicated. not enjoyable at all.

How significant is the SB nerf for lvl I/II/III materia? I assume only the lvl IV are really affected and thus the prices on MB?

It's a lot tougher to spiritbond i40 gear in dungeons...well unless it's dungeons more geared to that item level like Wanderer's Palace or Castrum.

orion434

afaik II materia will bond slower when you fight high level mobs now. so even more fiddling with gear sets. they made this shit way too complicated. not enjoyable at all.

The Type II Materia is spiribonded best from ilv 36 - 39 Gear and the Water Sprites are ilv 50. The notes say that some gear will gain %... if ilv 46 - 49 Gear bond faster at Urth's Gift... the Crafting / Gathering Type IV's will fall in price.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Drama falls asleep while trying to craft! She ain't about dat life!

It's...Gizu we have to watch out for. Those lalas, so greedy...bet Kawazi is secretly filthy rich as well.
Gizu has like 600k right now or something, Drama has at least 10 million. Bara cryin'. Edit: how did i quote myself how

Zomba13

Of course they tie chocobo colour to gardening.

Fix Gardening ffs. Make it like the stables where everyone can interact and do their thing but you can also water/feed whatever other peoples stuff in case they can't get on.

Edit: They'll never fix it will they? :(
Gonna force us to buy our own personal houses for x million gil and even then will probably need some fucking gardening item to buy them.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
2 more hours of maintenance.
Yoshidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edit: They'll never fix it will they? :(
Gonna force us to buy our own personal houses for x million gil and even then will probably need some fucking gardening item to buy them.

Houses are supposed to cost less than FC houses and according to BG research is in the range of 850 k gil.

plake

Emergency maint. now for another hour.

Edit: Says US servers are down for 2 more hrs while EU should be done in an hour.

Kyari

Man I really want to see if the chocobo plumage is all of the feathers or just the tips like the recruit a friend and legacy mounts

Glad you can turn in primal weapons and myth gear for seals now. I had a bunch of primal weapons clogging up my retainers' inventories that I couldn't do anything with except stare at wistfully thinking maybe one day I'll desynth them or glamour them (except I probably never will). And at the moment, I'd rather turn my surplus of mythology tomes into seals by trading in i90 myth gear instead of speculating on myth mats. All this for potash.

Edit: About spirit bonding, it looks like the English notes are fairly different from the Japanese. Here's my comparison:

The rate at which gear gains spiritbond will now be reduced when gear is not the appropriate level for a given duty or open-world encounter. Furthermore, if the item level of gear is too high or too low, it will no longer gain spirit bond.

今回の調整により、パブリックフィールドのモンスターのレベルやインスタンスダンジョンなどの各バトルコンテンツの難易度から大きく外れる装備では錬精度が溜まりにくくなり、装備品に見あったコンテンツなどでは従来よりも錬精度が溜まりやすくなります。なお、難易度から一定以上外れた装備品では錬精度が溜まらなくなります。

Through these adjustments, the spiritbond rate will be decreased for equipment that deviates significantly from the difficulty of each kind of battle content such as open-world monsters or instanced dungeons, and the spiritbond rate will be increased more than before in content appropriate for the equipment. Additionally, equipment that deviates from the difficulty level past a certain point will no longer spiritbond.

So it looks like spiritbonding i49 stuff at Urth's Gift might actually go faster than before?

Zalasta

For the most part I think the change to the rank B hunts is a step in the right direction. To me one of the problems has always been people zerging B's for a measly 5 seals causing grief for those just trying to complete their weekly target. So making them worthless to everyone except people with hunt bills is a good idea. However, I don't think they should've made all of them that way. With 17 different rank B mobs, if they make 4-5 of them the targets for the week, the rest should still be open to all. At least that's the kind of compromise I would've proposed.

The spiribonding change is disappointing. However, as long as the gain isn't 0%, people will still try to spiritbond in dungeons because it's better than nothing. The only effect this will have is that less and less people will want to run dungeons, so the queue will be longer. So good job to those that complained about it.

Whenever something comes out that piques my interest, I may return for a while. Probably won't be until the expansion. I'm hoping that shakes up the formula, because I'm super tired of the CT/Coil/daily dungeon shuffle and hunts are the least appealing kind of content in MMOs for me.

:C

So that there's little chance for contention/drama over an individual(since you can easily solo them now) getting their B for the week.

It is funny to me that they felt that the drama over getting the weekly mark was the biggest thing to fix. Shit is going to get even worse now with As since there will still be parties that will pull right away, and the people that miss out can't even kill Bs to pass the time. Now if they also made it so As spawn every like 2 hours as well it may not be so bad. I like that they increased the spawn rate of Bs, something that I said I wanted, but don't like how they are no longer aggressive. Even knowing that no one will kill them now they would have added danger to the world that has never been there.

Mesharey

Glad you can turn in primal weapons and myth gear for seals now. I had a bunch of primal weapons clogging up my retainers' inventories that I couldn't do anything with except stare at wistfully thinking maybe one day I'll desynth them or glamour them (except I probably never will). And at the moment, I'd rather turn my surplus of mythology tomes into seals by trading in i90 myth gear instead of speculating on myth mats. All this for potash.
Alied seals or grand company seals? @@

Why would you be able to turn them in for Allied Seals? Gotta be one of the strangest questions I've seen in here for a while.

Well, you could turn myth gear in for allied seals, then buy more myth gear with the allied seals, which you could use to turn in for seals to buy myth gear that you can then turn in for allied seals, then buy more myth gear with the allied seals, which you could use to turn in for seals to buy myth gear that you can then turn in for allied seals,

edgefusion

So no more spirit binding in expert roulette then. Guess I'll have to start equipping tank gear on my Monk 'cos spirit binding is the only way I can stop from pulling aggro on 90% of the tanks I party with. :V

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Re-reading the patch notes here and...well, meh.

1) Ixal tribe quests sound cool. Hopefully they ARE cool.

2) Making spiritbonding even more of a pain in the ass is exhausting. I get that people abusing the system was a problem, but this doesn't (on paper) sound like an elegant solution. Hopefully, in practice, it's not that bad.

3) Attaching chocobo coloring to gardening is (currently) a terrible idea in every way I can think of. This effects every single player in the game. Such a simple thing, now depends on something a few can do. Now gardeners must balance between chocobo food, chocobo coloring, minions, fruits and the list goes on and on. Doing this after personal housing? I could understand. Before? Nonsense.

4) I'm not sure about the changes to Hunts. Increasing the daily bills is long overdue but the changes to B marks sound...a little overboard? All of them will be pretty much useless most of the time now. Hell, you may as well have made them a forced spawn at this point.

I'm left scratching my head here. My bias is showing right now since I'm bitten by the crafting bug so the Ixal quests sound like a godsend, but I see little else here that is truly a positive (well, daily bills). No fixes to the loot tables in the current expert dungeons is just a big oversight at this point.

I'm starting to wonder what is going on over there with the XIV team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom