• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

So no more spirit binding in expert roulette then. Guess I'll have to start equipping tank gear on my Monk 'cos spirit binding is the only way I can stop from pulling aggro on 90% of the tanks I party with. :V

You could just hold off for 2 GCDs or something.

IMBored

You could just hold off for 2 GCDs or something.

You sound like the some tank last night in ST. Three tanks couldn't voke labolas off me, and one of them then said I should stop doing rotations. F* that, he doesn't even it that hard.

Taruranto

Oyfak1o.jpg

Congratulation on killing one of the few open-world things, FFXIV playerbase ;_;

I'll miss turning around and finding a B while I gathered. Back to the old plain, static overworld.

Baleoce

Do they also just have a static spawn point now, or are they still random spawn?

Well patch notes say they respawn after 5 seconds. I just killed a leech king for weekly and nothing respawned afterwards. So I'm assuming there's still multiple spawn locations for B's.

iammeiam

It amazes me how every patch a new seemingly innocent (and generally unrelated to anything being patched) thing will crash the servers:

[NA] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hotfixes (Aug. 19)
The following issue has been addressed.
An issue wherein taking an item from/putting an item into a company chest causes the server to crash.
Additionally, we have confirmed that some items that were moved into/out of company chests from Aug. 19, 2014 2:30 a.m. (PDT) onward may have become lost. We are currently in the process of restoring the lost items, but because this will take some time, as well as to prevent data mismatching, company chests will be temporarily locked until the item restoration process is over.

We are sorry, and ask for your patience until the item restoration process has concluded. Currently, the estimated date the process will be concluded is tomorrow, Aug. 20, 2014.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Somebody's inventory is going to be positively overflowing with pudgy puks.

Valor

Oh my god, are they setting up the
sky location
with these quests?

If so, wouldn't that perhaps require players to complete an optional segment of the game? Assuming the airship the Ixali are building would be involved in this. It could be a precursor to FC airship building, perhaps.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If so, wouldn't that perhaps require players to complete an optional segment of the game? Assuming the airship the Ixali are building would be involved in this. It could be a precursor to FC airship building, perhaps.

Not any different from a large chunk of storyline being put int Coil
which is optional

SB in dungeons was an issue because people were doing it largely in CT and causing wipes.

I'm more concerned by the nerf for low level items in the overworld. Spiritbonding a low level crafting item against lvl50 enemies on the overworld was super fast and a nice way to get some materia. Now all your spiritbonding equipment will need to be the same ilvl for it to be worthwhile.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Man... Never thought I'd miss hunts.
It used to be something special here and now I see three people lazily hitting Skogs Fru waiting for others to come but not really and it's just... it's just sad.

Ixali quests are alright. Delivery is exactly like in GCs, some opportunity to sell low-level items on MB for people I guess. Daily quests are just way too simple, for now, and I earned 95/150 reputation in one go.

Shantotto event... went by so fast I didn't even notice.

dramatis

You're building a
flying machine
for the Ixali, presumably it's setting up the collaborative
craftsmen airship construction

The seeds required to grow chocobo color 'snacks' are:
Code:
Xelphatol Apple         Darken red
Doman Pum               Lighten red
Mamook Pear             Darken green
Valfruit                Lighten green
O'Ghomoro Berries       Darken blue
Cieldalaes Pineapple    Lighten blue
Han Lemon               Reset yellow
And they cost 15 Allied Seals each.

Don't buy Han Lemon Seeds. It's the reset color snack.

I assume the yield on these seeds on Shroud 3 soil will be 18 (pears, pineapples, etc.). I don't know the growth time (measured in real world days), and I don't know how many you will need to turn your chocobo full XYZ color. I assume since these are the only seeds added and they are all purchasable from a vendor, crossbreeding will not be necessary for any magical white or black snack. If you want white, you will probably need to feed it X number of each 3 types of foods

Currently I can only dedicate one patch (after what is on it finishes growing) to growing chocobo color snacks. That's 8 plots and it will not be enough for the FC.

There is a gardening thread on the Ultros guild site. If you would like to color your chocobo and have any good idea for fair distribution, post in there and I'll try to figure out how to do this shit.

Zareka

omg omg omg guys emotes adjust to height now omg

Yes this is the feature I'm most excited about from the patch.

reading the patch notes I was under the assumption that the sb only affected dungeons and open world bosses like hunt mobs and fate bosses. Has someone tested out Urth's Gift/Fount to see if SBing is still the same.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There should be a grope emote.
How does the pet comand even work for a lala and a roe? It's impossible.

I haven't seen those but from what I've seen of the emote Roe to Lala would just pat way over the head and Lala to Roe would pat on the side (of the leg?) That's about it.

BadRNG

The new beast tribe apparently has crafting gloves.

More shared crafter gear can only be a good thing. Gimme back my inventory space. And, as a bonus, no melding required.
They are arguably worse than melded gloves though, you trade 3cp for 3 control, and I'll take the CP since that extra control isn't needed for current recipes.

Zalasta

They are arguably worse than melded gloves though, you trade 3cp for 3 control, and I'll take the CP since that extra control isn't needed for current recipes.

Yeah but think of all the armory spaces you can save! I have a few crafting classes that doesn't have a fully melded gloves yet so I might just use this for them instead.

iammeiam

For my scrub crafting purposes they'll work pretty well--I can't afford to meld out every craft fully anytime soon, so gloves with stats that are arguably worse for most of 'em works fine and saves space.

You're building a
flying machine
for the Ixali, presumably it's setting up the collaborative
craftsmen airship construction

The seeds required to grow chocobo color 'snacks' are:
Code:
Xelphatol Apple         Darken red
Doman Pum               Lighten red
Mamook Pear             Darken green
Valfruit                Lighten green
O'Ghomoro Berries       Darken blue
Cieldalaes Pineapple    Lighten blue
Han Lemon               Reset yellow
And they cost 15 Allied Seals each.

Don't buy Han Lemon Seeds. It's the reset color snack.

I assume the yield on these seeds on Shroud 3 soil will be 18 (pears, pineapples, etc.). I don't know the growth time (measured in real world days), and I don't know how many you will need to turn your chocobo full XYZ color. I assume since these are the only seeds added and they are all purchasable from a vendor, crossbreeding will not be necessary for any magical white or black snack. If you want white, you will probably need to feed it X number of each 3 types of foods

Currently I can only dedicate one patch (after what is on it finishes growing) to growing chocobo color snacks. That's 8 plots and it will not be enough for the FC.

There is a gardening thread on the Ultros guild site. If you would like to color your chocobo and have any good idea for fair distribution, post in there and I'll try to figure out how to do this shit.

Poor Drama :(

Since the gardening thread is in the guides section which is public to everyone, it might be a good idea to open a separate thread in the member forum to discuss distribution.

Valor

I'm pretty sure we should just grow all of the darken blue plants.

studyguy

Being one of two people in charge of growing for my FC. I have no issue with the chocobo seeds. Fully expect to stop making money for a week or so to just make choco color fruit. Whatev.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm surprised about the amount of people bitching that content being tied to FC, not because the overtime give out to people in a FC with the possibility of favored people getting the FC content first, but because they don't even want to join a FC and are vehemently against it. Why are you playing a MMO?

Valor

Also, fun fact about ChocoSnack Seeds™ - you can't trade them. I hope you like hunts, Drama. Who should I contact about getting gardening privvies so I can dump these seeds? :v

dramatis

Being one of two people in charge of growing for my FC. I have no issue with the chocobo seeds. Fully expect to stop making money for a week or so to just make choco color fruit. Whatev.
Depends on how big the FC is. With over 100 active players, there isn't enough time in the world to grow everything for everyone. I've made very little money gardening.

Also, fun fact about ChocoSnack Seeds™ - you can't trade them. I hope you like hunts, Drama. Who should I contact about getting gardening privvies so I can dump these seeds? :v
HA HA HA

It's not like people are suddenly going to help me get thousands of seals so that I can feed their chocobos

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm surprised about the amount of people bitching that content being tied to FC, not because the overtime give out to people in a FC with the possibility of favored people getting the FC content first, but because they don't even want to join a FC and are vehemently against it. Why are you playing a MMO?

Even a relatively small FC is going to have a hard time providing everything for every member.

Contemplating temporarily leaving the GAF FC (again) to retake a solo FC I'm holding on an alt; this whole untradable seed thing is ridiculous. Kinda don't want to lose my personal chambers, though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Gromph or anyone else that plays on JP servers,

What are the majority requests that the Japanese players are sending Square-Enix for them to improve upon or change in FFXIV:ARR?

From what I've heard the FFXIV:ARR team doesn't really take much input at all if any from the western players. I know this makes some western players disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom