• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to open up gardening to more people and we discussed doing this at one point when gardening was first introduced but it's just too problematic with cross breeding, the potential for item theft, etc.

I'm still thinking of a fair way to approach this but patch 2.38 and personal housing are just around the corner so it may not be a problem much longer.

studyguy

Depends on how big the FC is. With over 100 active players, there isn't enough time in the world to grow everything for everyone. I've made very little money gardening.

Two plots is more than enough to meet our demand fortunately. We're not some supermassive 150+ man guild so it's fine.

Hopefully this also means that since you can trade in myth gear for seals, that the seal mats (Peacock Ore, Poooohtash and such) will drop in price.

tenchir

I'm confused as to how hunts are being changed. Is it a nerf? It seems like a buff. :/

It's a nerf for people who actively hunt all S, A, and B ranks. It's a buff for people who don't bother to show up for B rank and never bothered to do daily/weekly hunts.

_woLf

It's a nerf for people who actively hunt all S, A, and B ranks. It's a buff for people who don't bother to show up for B rank and never bothered to do daily/weekly hunts.

How are S and A ranks changing? And do you no longer get any seals for B ranks unless it's your assigned mark now?

tenchir

How are S and A ranks changing? And do you no longer get any seals for B ranks unless it's your assigned mark now?

I am still at work and can't verify it, but from the patch note, S and A ranks are still unchanged. You don't get any seals from B, but the weekly rewards are increased from 20 seals to 50 for killing your B hunt. B also spawn every 5 seconds after they are killed and it seems that everyone weekly B hunts will be different that same week.

Noi

Basically, Daily/Weekly seals got buffed from being utter garbage to being able to reliably get 274 seals a week on those alone (32 Daily Seals, 50 on a weekly kill). B's are pretty much restricted to weekly reward only. People who want to zerg on A and S ranks are still free to do so.

WolvenOne

This is going to lead to higher level matieria skyrocketing isn't it?

:( guess I really won't get my Novus sword done.

Wouldn't be much of an issue, if some of the ilvl70-80 gear we could farm up was convertible. Then we could just farm it up and spirit bind it essentially for free. Instead, we've got to buy equipment, since anything beyond ilvl50 isn't convertible unless it's crafted.

Well, won't be a huge issue if there's still a half decent chance of ilvl45+ gear converting to Tier 4, but if ilvl90 pieces had their chances lowered, it's hard to see them leaving 45 gear alone.

iammeiam

I guess they felt like too many people were going the Novus route, and not enough were going to the tomestone/sands route. Stealth buff to the appeal of hunts TBH.

The relic questline is beyond dead to me at this point. Which is a shame, because starting with the dungeons and HM primals was so promising.

WolvenOne

Also, people should really consider doing a three way stat split on their Novus's, especially if they're DPS.

Det-Crit-Acc, is a fine set of stats, and would probably be only one half percent lower DPS.

Or you know, Det/Crit/Skillspeed, if Accuracy really isn't an issue for you. Skillspeed is still a DPS improvement, even if it's less dramatic.

WolvenOne

I guess they felt like too many people were going the Novus route, and not enough were going to the tomestone/sands route. Stealth buff to the appeal of hunts TBH.

The relic questline is beyond dead to me at this point. Which is a shame, because starting with the dungeons and HM primals was so promising.

Not sure how they could think that, I see FAR more Soldiery weapons than Novus weapons.

iammeiam

Not sure how they could think that, I see FAR more Soldiery weapons than Novus weapons.

I'm not sure how any rational thought process could lead to what they did to materia this patch, so I just went with the stupidest possible explanation. Although it does mesh nicely with their recent habit of just making relic completely unappealing.

WolvenOne

I'm not sure how any rational thought process could lead to what they did to materia this patch, so I just went with the stupidest possible explanation. Although it does mesh nicely with their recent habit of just making relic completely unappealing.

It's a weird decision, I'll grant you that. Unless ilvl45+ gear is unchanged, this makes non-three-way split Novus only approachable by either the ultra rich, or people with multiple fully level crafting classes. (To make spirit binding gear.)

I don't really buy the, "It was screwing up CT and other instances," explanation either. These instances all have ilvl requirements, and they can mostly be cleared quite easily even with one or two players barely meeting those requirements. Yes some players complained about this, a lot, but I did it myself and frequently outperformed players with far better equipment.

I mean, heck, even back when I was ilvl100, I could still swap out all my jewelry and be ten to fifteen ilvl's over the requirement for CT2. It really wasn't a problem.

Jayhawk

Does someone have a link to a list of all the hunt mobs, spawn locations (zone), and their classifications (A, S, B)?

Don't need a link when you have Stalkhawk memory! I only had to double-check a few of them.

La Noscea
Middle La Noscea
B: Skog's Fru
A: Vogaal Ja
S: Croque-Mitaine
Lower La Noscea
B: Barbastelle
A: Unktehi
S: Croakadile
Western La Noscea
B: Dark Helmet
A: Nahn
S: Bonnacon
Eastern La Noscea
B: Bloody Mary
A: Hellsclaw
S: Garlok
Upper La Noscea
B: Myradrosh
A: Marberry
S: Nandi
Outer La Noscea
B: Vuokho
A: Cornu
S: Mahisha

Black Shroud
Central Shroud
B: White Joker
A: Forneus
S: Laideronnette
East Shroud
B: Stinging Sophie
A: Melt
S: Wulgaru
North Shroud
B: Phecda
A: Girtab
S: Thousand-cast Theda
South Shroud
B: Monarch Ogrefly
A: Ghede Ti Malice
S: Mindflayer

Thanalan
Central Thanalan
B: Ovjang
A: Sabotender Bailarina
S: Brontes
Western Thanalan
B: Sewer Syrup
A: Alectyron
S: Zona Seeker
Eastern Thanalan
B: Gatling
A: Maahes
S: Lampalagua
Southern Thanalan
B: Albin the Ashen
A: Zanig'oh
S: Nunyunuwi
Northern Thanalan
B: Flame Sergeant Dalvag
A: Dalvag's Final Flame
S: Minhocao

Other Regions
Coerthas Central Highlands
B: Naul
A: Marraco
S: Safat
Mor Dhona
B: Leech King
A: Kurrea
S: Agrippa the Mighty

Ken

Parry and Accuracy are cheap. Buy those now.

If I did endgame tanking again, I would not even bother stacking Parry.

You sound like the some tank last night in ST. Three tanks couldn't voke labolas off me, and one of them then said I should stop doing rotations. F* that, he doesn't even it that hard.

And lose my stacks? Are you crazy?

I hope you guys are being facetious.

WolvenOne

Parry helps, not a perfect stat, seeing as it's rather uneven is its damage mitigation, but it can easily be the difference between wipes and clears in some fights. Kinda wish they had another defense sub-stat though. I think I'd prefer something that was across the board damage mitigation, rather than just a chance at high damage mitigation.

Maybe something like, Reverse Determination, since Parry is essentially reverse crit.

Jayhawk

I doubt stacking parry would mean the difference between a clear versus a wipe. I would like to see some parse data on tank dps and the damage mitigated through parries to see how a tank stacking parry compares with a tank stacking Crit/Det/SkSp.

WolvenOne

I doubt stacking parry would mean the difference between a clear versus a wipe. I would like to see some parse data on tank dps and the damage mitigated through parries to see how a tank stacking parry compares with a tank stacking Crit/Det/SkSp.

Well, at the strength levels Tanks have at ilvl105-110, a Parry essentially mitigates 27-28% of damage. There are a lot of instances where 27-28% less damage is the difference between a tank dying or surviving, and in a lot of these fights it can be really difficult to survive if the main tank didn't survive.

I might also add, that going from ilvl90 to ilvl110, only reduces damage by about 3% when it comes to the vanilla Physical/Magical defense stats. That helps more than that number would suggest, but regardless, most of the increased survivability comes from the additional vitality and parry you get.

Basically, rule of thumb, if you're the main tank, you should be stacking as much Vit and Parry as you can possibly get. If you're the off tank, you should be stacking DPS stats like Determ, Crit, and maybe even STR if the DPS check is harsh enough.

kagari rocking that summoner in ST

LwrU5U5.jpg

BadRNG

Defiance and Shield oath's damage debuffs are so great that if you are actively tanking, especially for PLD!, the small amount of det/ss/crit you can get on left side pieces trading for parry will barely mean anything (it doesn't help that due to how things are itemized it can be really difficult to both avoid all parry and still hit acc cap while not wasting a ton of points on it - with one notable excpetion). They scale horribly enough for actual dps classes as it is. If you aren't actively tanking, then maybe the case could be made, but the biggest gain you'll get there is just not wearing any right side tank gear and going full dps accessories.

With all that in mind, since your damage will be fairly low while actively tanking in most cases, gearing for survivability just makes more sense. If you seriously wanted to go full dps you'd be wearing pentamelded i90 tank gear with all dps materia + dps accessories to begin with.

Also while I wouldn't argue that a few points of parry will suddenly help you clear content, a parried or blocked attack can absolutely be the difference between a wipe or not in an individual encounter depending on the situation. Especially when you are learning a fight still.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'll finally hit level 50 today! Woot.

Can't wait to finally be... Underpowered as hell and not able to do any of the endgame stuff :(

WolvenOne

I'll finally hit level 50 today! Woot.

Can't wait to finally be... Underpowered as hell and not able to do any of the endgame stuff :(

Should only take a week or so to get to full or near ilvl90, given how many Myth Tomes drop. You'll be at the Extreme Primals before you know it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does someone have a link to a list of all the hunt mobs, spawn locations (zone), and their classifications (A, S, B)?
Here's a nifty table of the marks:

And here's a version with pics (ordered B, A, S):

Some incomplete spawn location maps: http://imgur.com/a/cwymN#0 (Be aware that certain spots are shared spawn points while others are only reserved by 1 or 2 marks)
If you're on Ultros, here's the tracking session we're using: http://thehunt.tk/session/Ultros

WolvenOne

seals for myth gear is a far better value i think

Those are going to be going towards my Alts first Sands. Chances are I'll have enough Soldiery that I'll only be maybe a week and a UAT away from have the Soldiery Axe on my alt. Might as well save the sands and go 110.

WolvenOne

Hopefully good drops come from dungeons at decent intervals or a new way to get gear then.

Either the interview is a misunderstand, mistranslation, Yoshida playing Coy, ooooor, they're going to be trying something significantly different.

Either way, I'm not worried. They're not going to make ilvl110+ armor 3rd Coil only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom