• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darte

Hi ya'll.
Me (ivl 100blm/smn) and a buddy (ilvl 98 pld) are looking for a new FC home and are willing to transfer. Essentially we're looking for a Coil2 static group to join.
Here is a reddit post I've made with more details. If anyone is interested in us, please send me a pm so we can discuss specifics.
Sorry for the side track. Back to discussing 2.3 now :)

Ken

Essentially we're looking for a Coil2 static group to join.

ibdmbu3mpjBYxQ.png

I am going to start this game. I did the beta, enjoyed it. But now it is time to play for real. I want to know what class I should start as. I did lancer in beta, cool but I got my fill as that. Conjurer was painful at low levels so forget that. Maurader seemed cool.

Anyway I plan to use these 30 days to get my fill and get out, I want to beat the main story. I am mostly a single player guy, I love action games. In any RPG I play I am usually a big warrior dude with a few magic spells. Mostly I like to think and do stuff in a fight. But I dont want to wait for parties and I hear tanks always get in. I am intrigued by tanks cause they need to basically manage the level but I am a complete rookie at this so it will take time for me to learn what to do.

So knowing all that what do you think is a good class to focus on for a full story playthrough.

Also the servers are all blocked, the choices I have dont have any gaf guilds. :(

Ken

I am going to start this game. I did the beta, enjoyed it. But now it is time to play for real. I want to know what class I should start as. I did lancer in beta, cool but I got my fill as that. Conjurer was painful at low levels so forget that. Maurader seemed cool.

Anyway I plan to use these 30 days to get my fill and get out, I want to beat the main story. I am mostly a single player guy, I love action games. In any RPG I play I am usually a big warrior dude with a few magic spells. Mostly I like to think and do stuff in a fight. But I dont want to wait for parties and I hear tanks always get in. I am intrigued by tanks cause they need to basically manage the level but I am a complete rookie at this so it will take time for me to learn what to do.

So knowing all that what do you think is a good class to focus on for a full story playthrough.

Also the servers are all blocked, the choices I have dont have any gaf guilds. :(

A tank or healer because some of the queue times for the final story trials are brutal, but you can get around it by asking the GAF FC if you get into Ultros.

As far as Ultros being closed, go check the OP for information on when character creation for that server opens up.

As usual, the fake MMOs in Sword Art Online are much better than real ones, if you ignore the possibility of dying in the real world and shit like that.

And why isn't there a real Twitch TV show like MMO Stream? What the fuck, real world? What's wrong with you?

Honestly I feel like the biggest problem with our guild right now is that these people are all having private erp sessions when they should be sharing with us in FC chat. It's often quiet in our FC chat and watching people erping would really liven things up.

Isaccard

As usual, the fake MMOs in Sword Art Online are much better than real ones, if you ignore the possibility of dying in the real world and shit like that.

And why isn't there a real Twitch TV show like MMO Stream? What the fuck, real world? What's wrong with you?

Honestly I feel like the biggest problem with our guild right now is that these people are all having private erp sessions when they should be sharing with us in FC chat. It's often quiet in our FC chat and watching people erping would really liven things up.

Tiduz' adventures is all the livening we need thx. go peddle your smut elsewhere

Frumix

Suffering From Success
While I feel that I've figured sub-50 crafting life for myself, 50+ crafting game seems pretty massive and impenetrable. Oh well, less complaining more mining!

Tabris

Any SMN here interested in a static (second coil and all new patches)?

Ideally need someone with T7 kiting and clear experience. Also someone done with soldiery gear and hopefully with an Animus.

Our SMN unfortunately has school starting up soon so won't be able to make it in a month or so, so we need to find a replacement.

EDIT - We're a PST based static, so 9-11pm PST is our common weekday time. If you're EST it may not work for you (unless you are night owl).

Only thing is Kags, if NIN has DEX as its damage stat they would have to change DEX to include melee damage. Wouldn't that then make MNK and DRG damage go through the roof as they would have two modifiers for damage (STR and DEX)? And if they make MNK and DRG have gimped DEX to adjust like BRD having gimped STR, that'll affect a bunch of other stuff like Parry.

Even though DEX sounds like a Ninja, I think they'll just stick to STR for them and give the gun class DEX.

iammeiam

Semi-productive prepatch weekend. Miner and LTW to 50, LTW is decked out (thanks again Kawazi), and I managed to get most of the Miner pieces made. Ran out of crystals when I got to the pants, but will get to those in the next few days. I like the look, aside from the pick clipping though the helmet. I have a while to let leves rebuild before I decide if I want to go after Botanist or Culinarian next.

Failed to get King Mog or Levi down, barring a DF miracle tonight, so I guess I'll be facing those guys with echo later. One day I will clear something pre-Echo! I did force myself back through Aurum Vale again, so I'm set for any Grand Company related stuff.

While I feel that I've figured sub-50 crafting life for myself, 50+ crafting game seems pretty massive and impenetrable. Oh well, less complaining more mining!

That feel when an Unspoiled Node pops up on your map, and you go check it out only to find you're still 70 Gathering short of having more than a 0% chance. I have a couple of slots left to upgrade (waiting to see what the patch brings), but then it's all going to be melds and oh god the expense.

Ken

Any SMN here interested in a static (second coil and all new patches)?

Ideally need someone with T7 kiting and clear experience. Also someone done with soldiery gear and hopefully with an Animus.

Our SMN unfortunately has school starting up soon so won't be able to make it in a month or so, so we need to find a replacement.

EDIT - We're a PST based static, so 9-11pm PST is our common weekday time. If you're EST it may not work for you (unless you are night owl).

should add live musical performances as a bonus too

lol at the excessive amount of moogle ex "farm" parties in pf lately. desperate players that ignored him since 2.2 rushing because of the ramuh ex requirement

kingofpopcorn1.gif

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It's usually pretty fun in FC chat just with Tiduz. Seeing him make his baby Opo Opo climb on his shoulder convinced me that I need one of those, 800k+ be damned!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
How long does a server transfer usually take?

Where are you going?

It's usually pretty fun in FC chat just with Tiduz. Seeing him make his baby Opo Opo climb on his shoulder convinced me that I need one of those, 800k+ be damned!

I made this photo of me yesterday with the phone, forgot to upload the ps4 ones.

PD: Full onion (1.0) set.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
The FC chat... quiet? Wut? Its always active.

Especially when I am extra annoying asking people to accompany
carry
me to dungeons or trials :p

Makes me so glad I don't have to be in any rush to beat EX Moggle since I beat it a month or so ago.

yeah got a win through duty finder somehow during june.

decided to take advantage of the situation and try to get a ribbon so i joined a couple of farm/EXP only parties. all failed because people clearly didn't know the fight.

tanks not swapping
tank letting king get close to the other moogle
dps killing a moogle early
healers not casting esuna/leeches during the acid pool
healers not casting esuna/leeches during holy
people getting bodied by delta attack
people not stacking in the middle after the 2nd round.

is there any way to view achievements? seriously...

Really want to join you folks when/if SE gives me my account info back. It's been so long since I logged in I don't remember my ID or pass, and I used a fake birthday at sign up >.> (not my brightest moment)

Hopefully something comes through this week. Do people still laugh at Dragoons? I recall people not wanting to take them on raids and what not.

How do we role play when our leader is away?

I think the real issue is that the leaders don't organize any erp events. Maybe if the leaders put together a weekly group event things would be more lively. It'd bring us all closer together.

<3

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well PvP is actually kinda fun.
I wonder why I never tried doing it before. Guess I was intimidated by it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, how are there people in dungeon finder for Temple of Qarn that think it's a good idea to chase mobs ahead of the tank, then do stuff like aggro temple bees, not focus wasp adds on first boss, and don't know how to clear doom buffs? =( (Granted I can understand trouble with doom, but the others...)

Can ranged jobs still just stand on the hill next to that boss to negate doom, or has that been patched out?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Man, how are there people in dungeon finder for Temple of Qarn that think it's a good idea to chase mobs ahead of the tank, then do stuff like aggro temple bees, not focus wasp adds on first boss, and don't know how to clear doom buffs? =( (Granted I can understand trouble with doom, but the others...)

Can ranged jobs still just stand on the hill next to that boss to negate doom, or has that been patched out?

Last time i did Temple was to clear my GC level 2 hunt log. I end soloing the first boss and i was going as BRD.

The tank, know what to to, the MNK no, the WHM no, but they didn't said anything.

chris-013

Damn endgame is great... I did Garuda Extreme and Turn 1, 2, 4. So far Turn 2 (Enrage) and 4 are the most easiest for a tank. I need a bit more ilvl then Turn 5 !

Enjolras

Neo Member
I still haven't touched Turn 4 yet - looked like a lot of "knowing things before they happen" in terms of tanking from the videos I've watched. But if it's really as easy as Turn 2 Enrage... Maybe I'll give that a try tonight.

Turn 5 is not as horribly terrifying as I thought. Sure, it's a lot of "Move this massive dragon here, now take it there, now run into the dip and out again and in and out...", but considering we got past divebombs and snakes before wiping (partially my fault - I was expecting the snakes to be dead before running for the neurolink and didn't notice Twintania landing), it went better than expected. Spent an hour in there getting good experience at least, which is more than I had before.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a group together tonight, and beat it before 20% echo. I'm already overgeared for the fight, and I don't want it to become a walk in the park quite yet.

So I finally unlocked BLM last night.

...and then I start reading about how BLM is currently fucked and no one wants us. :(

Oh well, I hope these DPS buffs help me in my future end-game endeavors.

After getting Archer to 15, I am very tempted to start working on unlocking Bard now though. BLM does seem a little more boring than I hoped, and I usually love Caster classes!

In other news, I really hate the questing in this game. It is so incredibly dull that I wasn't prepared for it. I am ready to get them out of the way so I can just grind dungeons. Heh.

chris-013

What ? Maybe BLM shine less in the last endgame dungeon but until there they are fine.

I still haven't touched Turn 4 yet - looked like a lot of "knowing things before they happen" in terms of tanking from the videos I've watched. But if it's really as easy as Turn 2 Enrage... Maybe I'll give that a try tonight.

Turn 5 is not as horribly terrifying as I thought. Sure, it's a lot of "Move this massive dragon here, now take it there, now run into the dip and out again and in and out...", but considering we got past divebombs and snakes before wiping (partially my fault - I was expecting the snakes to be dead before running for the neurolink and didn't notice Twintania landing), it went better than expected. Spent an hour in there getting good experience at least, which is more than I had before.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a group together tonight, and beat it before 20% echo. I'm already overgeared for the fight, and I don't want it to become a walk in the park quite yet.

I did my first Turn 4 without training or anything and I completed it 5 times. I played the OT and I was just keeping aggro on 2 mobs most of the time or full aggro on every mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom