• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ducer-LVII-(07-07-2014)?p=2242343#post2242343

New letter from the producer which gives more of an outline for hunts. Looks like even after you do the weekly mark, you can still get seals by helping kill other elite marks, just you don't get the extra seals from the weekly. Prepare for a long grind when you get 7-70+(70 seems to be the low end for elite, would expect 100 or so from S rank) or so seals from doing the daily/weekly. Don't think they've every actually confirmed it either other than just hinting at it, but this seems to make it clear that at least the harder elite marks are for groups.

745359fee02120b9546e2fa051d67aeb752b5a65_3.png

guessing those 1000 are probably the ilvl110 upgrade

What ? Maybe BLM shine less in the last endgame dungeon but until there they are fine.

Alright, hopefully these new changes will at least improve their performance in the last dungeon.

I just keep seeing comments both here and in the various in-game chats that the BLM DPS is some of the lowest in the game, which
seems really screwy considering they have basically no other real useful tools.

So far, I haven't felt like I was under-performing at all, but I still have a long way to go. So I was wondering if it was just an issue where they didn't scale as nicely for late game dungeons.

I would actually assume those are the Storm/Serpent/Flame Elite pieces that were listed in the patch notes....the ilvl 70 pieces. Wouldn't expect those to be for anything more than vanity since they even said marks can get you "special" vanity gear. If those are the prices for ilvl 70 gear though.....you're looking at 3-4x that for a sand/oil lol.

The new gear according to the patch notes seems to be augmented 55/90(af1 which lets you dye it/crafted 90 gear that gains sparkles), GC Elite ilvl 70(which could very well be from marks), Divine ilvl 80(would assume from the new dungeons), and then the named ilvl 100 gear which is from CT2. There is no ilvl 100-110 upgrades outside of them letting you buy oil/sand with marks, and that's an item that let's you do it, not a piece of equipment(they are either listed under a different tab or they are listed by the person in Mor Dhona like the notes say).

Qvoth

So I finally unlocked BLM last night.

...and then I start reading about how BLM is currently fucked and no one wants us. :(

Oh well, I hope these DPS buffs help me in my future end-game endeavors.

After getting Archer to 15, I am very tempted to start working on unlocking Bard now though. BLM does seem a little more boring than I hoped, and I usually love Caster classes!

In other news, I really hate the questing in this game. It is so incredibly dull that I wasn't prepared for it. I am ready to get them out of the way so I can just grind dungeons. Heh.

blms are fine, and this is coming from someone who was kicked from t9 originally because the leader felt blm dps was too low
in the end that group was faster than my current group by only 2 weeks on clearing t9, it could've been 1 week if our group practiced more often
especially now with 2.3 blms are getting buffs which in theory will buff our dps by 10%

in bluegartr there's this blm that can do 430 on t8

blms are fine, and this is coming from someone who was kicked from t9 originally because the leader felt blm dps was too low
in the end that group was faster than my current group by only 2 weeks on clearing t9, it could've been 1 week if our group practiced more often
especially now with 2.3 blms are getting buffs which in theory will buff our dps by 10%

in bluegartr there's this blm that can do 430 on t8

Yeah, from what I read it seems like it is mostly just BLMs with bad rotations giving others a bad name.
Though if it is true that people are shunning BLMs, that truth doesn't really change the reality of the situation.

It still does seem like they are a little too low on average compared to other classes, or that sort of stigma wouldn't be going around. So hopefully these new buffs will bring the more in line with other DPS classes.

IvorB

The "this email doesn't exist" error has happened to others, chances are you will have to contact SE support and reset email.

Since it's possible your email will not be in the database, they will actually ask you to email copies of documentation confirming your identity for your SE ID. If you push hard they will check quickly and get you going in a few hours. However, what happens is different on a case by case basis, so try to ask about all the things you can do to get your account back. Your SE ID, your password, probably your security questions/answers, and the email you want to change your account back to, those are probably the things you need to have at hand.

If you have a smartphone, you should be using the Square Enix Token app to get a one time password every time you login. Aside from making your account more secure, it also gives you one free teleport destination in the game.

I already contacted them when it happened but I still haven't heard back. What did I do to deserve this? *sigh*

Did you create the account on your PS4? If you did, try entering "email@address.Com" in the recovery field. The email address is case sensitive and the PS4 software keyboard automatically capitalizes the C in .com cause of the period so that's sometimes the reason for the invalid email error.

I'm tried to enter my password on both PS4 and PC so I don't think that should be the issue.

From Reddit:
Just skimming this but I note the gear that it shows that you can trade for is the gridania elite set. Also the hunt mob that is 2,000 Gil shows that you only get 2 marks. The elite hunt shows that you get 20. While no limit on how much you can do, it looks to be a bit of a grind fest

Also that gear in pic, just looks like GC gear, so if that is 1k seals, imagine sands and other stuff...

Frumix

Suffering From Success

a78e7be5_no_clones_gif.gif

Let's say you do your own and help nine others to do the hunt (that's supposedly soloable by the way). You'll get 160 marks a week for the shitload of your time.
How about no.
Of course people in Reddit are praising it because "there isn't enough grind in this game", apparently.
And likely top marks are going to be ganged on by everyone in the vicinity, making the whole thing entirely ridiculous.

IvorB

I asked this yesterday and in-game actually used it, more specifically the Ultima fight I was skating around like a goddamn pro. Except when I died.

Actually I am surprised I didn't die THAT much....

Damn I suck.

You know it occurs to me that I haven't used the AM skill even once. It just sounds like such a waste of time that I haven't bothered. Why couldn't they make it a free aiming teleport?

You'll get 160 marks a week for the shitload of your time.
How about no.

Probably best to wait and see how much the marks drop by themselves without the hunting board bonus before getting too het up about it. The way I understood it is that it's a two track system - easier marks on the hunting board, harder marks with a currently unspecified reward. Chances are the hunting board is meant to be a little bonus on top and you'll get the bulk from the hardest monsters. Looks to me like it's not much different from a duty roulette bonus, just not as profitable. I think it's unrealistic to expect people to grind for weeks to get one i70 piece.

You know it occurs to me that I haven't used the AM skill even once. It just sounds like such a waste of time that I haven't bothered. Why couldn't they make it a free aiming teleport?

It's not free aiming because you ideally want to fit it in between cooldowns, so you don't really have time to aim. My advice is to use it as much as you can, even when you don't have to. Running to a location with your party? AM to the guy ahead of you. Idling in town? AM to a party member. Get practice with it and get used to it as an alternative form of movement so that it comes naturally. It isn't just for end-game raids; it makes your life easier in all kinds of little ways. For example, for the last boss of Brayflox HM, the first rotation for me usually looks like this from standing at the boss door: Thunder 2 during pull > fire 3 > raging > fire > quelling > fire > AM to healer who should be in the middle during GCD > fire some more > swiftcast flare convert > fire on goblin > BLM rotation as normal. 100% uptime without taking a single step to not get hit by the boss.

Edit: one other bit of advice - use cast times to your advantage by planning/targeting your teleport during the wait.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Probably best to wait and see how much the marks drop by themselves without the hunting board bonus before getting too het up about it. The way I understood it is that it's a two track system - easier marks on the hunting board, harder marks with a currently unspecified reward. Chances are the hunting board is meant to be a little bonus on top and you'll get the bulk from the hardest monsters. Looks to me like it's not much different from a duty roulette bonus, just not as profitable. I think it's unrealistic to expect people to grind for weeks to get one i70 piece.

You think SE is above that? Even though quite a few things they've added since 2.0 seem to lead more and more to limiting the endgame rather than opening it up, forcing people to specialize and make tough decisions rather than being able to be a one-man hero.
Eh. I guess it makes sense in the long run, people are supposed to interact and help each other in an MMO.

But still, 1000 pieces for an i70 gear, what the hell?

dramatis

I already contacted them when it happened but I still haven't heard back. What did I do to deserve this? *sigh*

I'm tried to enter my password on both PS4 and PC so I don't think that should be the issue.
Read carefully. That issue deals with the email typed out in the field. You said that SE wasn't recognizing your email, if SE accounts saved your email with the C instead of c, then maybe you should try typing in your email modified with a C and see if it works with your password. The emails and passwords are case sensitive.

Double check you're not using the wrong email to try and change password. SE ID and Email are not the same thing.

I'm not stressing this enough but ONE TIME PASSWORD, that's what you didn't do.

The time I got locked out of my account and I forgot my email to my account, I sat in a chat window with SE support, who said all of the emails I provided were not The One. As a result she requested I send documentation to a specified email. I did so within the hour and entered another chat instance right after I did so, and luckily enough got the same person as before on the other end, who immediately located the documentation and assigned a new email of my choice to my account.

In short, it's doable within a few hours. Don't wait for a response, pursue the response. If you wait you're not going to get processed until a few weeks later.

Also, it's difficult to parse what problem you actually have when you don't give a clear picture of what exactly you're doing (email or id with password? sign in how, at launcher or at site? what's error message from which sign in? etc.). Less "What did I do to deserve this?" and more details and clarity would provide the information people can use to pinpoint your problem and help you.

If you macro it, it's faster than an aimed teleport. Free aiming teleport also interrupts the time in which you can be dps-ing, which is a big no no. Max DPS all the time.

You think SE is above that? Even though quite a few things they've added since 2.0 seem to lead more and more to limiting the endgame rather than opening it up, forcing people to specialize and make tough decisions rather than being able to be a one-man hero.
Eh. I guess it makes sense in the long run, people are supposed to interact and help each other in an MMO.

Assuming that it is going to be as dreadful as you think it is, then it seems like it would actually be just as good for getting gear for alts as GC seals are rather than railroading you into one class, due to the abundance of other gear. (With GC seals it's unlikely that you'll have enough to buy gear during your first class, but for subsequent classes you'll usually be able to buy a set or two without sweating the cost much.)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Assuming that it is going to be as dreadful as you think it is, then it seems like it would actually be just as good for getting gear for alts as GC seals are rather than railroading you into one class, due to the abundance of other gear. (With GC seals it's unlikely that you'll have enough to buy gear during your first class, but for subsequent classes you'll usually be able to buy a set or two without sweating the cost much.)

It's gonna be much easier to just get myth gear instead, and that is i90.
Myth sets at this point are actually probably the easiest way to gear out alt classes and they're not that bad + maybe a few 1-4 coil items which are also easy to come by these days.

Depends on if they consider this new gear only for vanity or not(the ilvl may as well be irrelevant if it is primarily for vanity). If it looks decent then there is no end to what they could do as far as making people grind for it. Hell to them the r40 pvp gear is nothing but vanity, it has no benefit at all in frontlines since literally any ilvl 80+ pve piece will be better and instead of doing anything about wintraders so the gear could still serve a purpose of being unique....they gave them a slap on the wrist saying "you do bad thing, but we aren't going to punish you for doing it", all the pieces are for nothing but vanity. That pvp grind blows away the grind any other game has even, sad thing is you aren't even pvping for 2/3rds of it anymore, you're sitting there waiting on a queue to get your loss.

If it takes weeks to get a single piece of gear then it takes weeks, they want you to always have something to do, even if said thing is for nothing but vanity(that gear better look damn good though). They seem to have taken the grind to the next level though when it comes to vanity, especially considering barely even half a year ago they treated any kind of vanity system like it was a bad thing and something they hated the idea of even though players wanted it since every other game has a system.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Depends on if they consider this new gear only for vanity or not(the ilvl may as well be irrelevant if it is primarily for vanity). If it looks decent then there is no end to what they could do as far as making people grind for it. Hell to them the r40 pvp gear is nothing but vanity, it has no benefit at all in frontlines since literally any ilvl 80+ pve piece will be better and instead of doing anything about wintraders so the gear could still serve a purpose of being unique....they gave them a slap on the wrist saying "you do bad thing, but we aren't going to punish you for doing it", all the pieces are for nothing but vanity. That pvp grind blows away the grind any other game has even, sad thing is you aren't even pvping for 2/3rds of it anymore, you're sitting there waiting on a queue to get your loss.

If it takes weeks to get a single piece of gear then it takes weeks, they want you to always have something to do, even if said thing is for nothing but vanity(that gear better look damn good though). They seem to have taken the grind to the next level though when it comes to vanity, especially considering barely even half a year ago they treated any kind of vanity system like it was a bad thing and something they hated the idea of even though players wanted it since every other game has a system.

PvP doesn't exist. Literally no one is queued up for it at any given time.

But okay, vanity is one thing, I know that pain from looking at Opo prices every day, what about useful items, like Alex?

PvP doesn't exist. Literally no one is queued up for it at any given time.

Doesn't take away from the fact that it has rewards for it or that it still has some sort of following. Can tell you though that as far as Ultros pvp goes, most in the primary linkshell have quit until frontlines. No reason to sit through 30min queues when the gear serves no benefit in pvp outside of wolves den and you can most likely get better xp/marks by doing frontlines, which from what they have shown, it blows away wolves den.

But okay, vanity is one thing, I know that pain from looking at Opo prices every day, what about useful items, like Alex?

This is something we won't know till things are datamined tonight. What they showed in the preview is only a single tab that shows the GC Elite gear, still 3 more tabs that could potentially be full of stuff lol. Alexandrite and mats are most likely in the 4th tab which is usually classified as "misc".

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Doesn't take away from the fact that it has rewards for it or that it still has some sort of following. Can tell you though that as far as Ultros pvp goes, most in the primary linkshell have quit until frontlines. No reason to sit through 30min queues when the gear serves no benefit in pvp outside of wolves den and you can most likely get better xp/marks by doing frontlines, which from what they have shown, it blows away wolves den.

Wait, it's not matched across the whole data center like all the other instances are? Why?

Wait, it's not matched across the whole data center like all the other instances are? Why?

Oh no, it is. It's just that when a major server like Ultros decides that most of it's pvpers are going to stop until something new comes out, that guts the queue times for everyone else on the datacenter. The Primal datacenter is massive as far as how many people are on each server and how many of those pvp....or used to anyway. At least one of the servers did nothing but wintrade, so we never saw any of their players until they had hit r40 and could roll over people. Ultros on the other hand was split for the most part with the majority of the pvp population actually enjoying the actual pvp and not just wintrading to vanity, thing is though the moment we found out about frontlines and how morale doesn't exist in it and that there's an ilvl sync, it became meaningless to keep trying in wolves den when frontlines will most likely be far funner and give better rewards.

Also since they like to have certain npcs wear what we'll eventually be able to wear, here is what is most likely the Gridania Elite set. Would expect the other 2 to still have the GC symbols everywhere but have a few unique features(along with being being different colors) to them so they aren't all the same.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Oh no, it is. It's just that when a major server like Ultros decides that most of it's pvpers are going to stop until something new comes out, that guts the queue times for everyone else on the datacenter. The Primal datacenter is massive as far as how many people are on each server and how many of those pvp....or used to anyway. At least one of the servers did nothing but wintrade, so we never saw any of their players until they had hit r40 and could roll over people. Ultros on the other hand was split for the most part with the majority of the pvp population actually enjoying the actual pvp and not just wintrading to vanity, thing is though the moment we found out about frontlines and how morale doesn't exist in it and that there's an ilvl sync, it became meaningless to keep trying in wolves den when frontlines will most likely be far funner and give better rewards.

Rip my swan coat

A tank or healer because some of the queue times for the final story trials are brutal, but you can get around it by asking the GAF FC if you get into Ultros.

As far as Ultros being closed, go check the OP for information on when character creation for that server opens up.

I can vouch for this, I spent the better part of 2 hours in queue for Cape West before mentioning it in FC, GAF came together in minutes and we completed the fight in about 2.5 minutes. Thanks everyone who helped and when I'm on just ask me and i'll come running.

Hey guys, trying to rejoin the FC (Kaelian Serina), I've logged into the FC website but it won't let me view the recruitment page, anywhere else I post an application again.

Your application and user account still exists so you're good to go. Just submit your application in-game and note that you were a former member (took a hiatus). To submit the application in-game, find any GAF member and view their FC information. There are usually a bunch of us hanging out at the Mist, Lot 15 if you have trouble finding someone.

DeviantBoi

I was doing a dungeon this morning and the tank marked some enemies with an icon that looked like a chain and a number. I hadn't seen that before and I thought it meant to attack those in the order given, but then I was told to attack the enemies in the correct order.

Not sure what the chains meant? Any help?

Ken

Hunts don't seem too offensive to me. Definitely something potentially interesting to do between Coil during active hours.

I was doing a dungeon this morning and the tank marked some enemies with an icon that looked like a chain and a number. I hadn't seen that before and I thought it meant to attack those in the order given, but then I was told to attack the enemies in the correct order.

If there were no other marks (like the regular white number cube markers) no idea, but chains can sometimes mean crowd control on the target in other MMOs.

iammeiam

Really curious about "The Greatest Story Never Told" and whatever implementing Parley is going to do. Happy for anything that increases the random stuff to do in the game; maybe I'll stop queuing up for Tiral Roulette six times a day.

aceface

Chain usually means bind that enemy. Like, if you have sleep or whatever. And if someone has cast sleep on it you specifically should not attack it so you don't wake it up.

kiryogi

Banned
So I finally unlocked BLM last night.

...and then I start reading about how BLM is currently fucked and no one wants us. :(

Oh well, I hope these DPS buffs help me in my future end-game endeavors.

After getting Archer to 15, I am very tempted to start working on unlocking Bard now though. BLM does seem a little more boring than I hoped, and I usually love Caster classes!

In other news, I really hate the questing in this game. It is so incredibly dull that I wasn't prepared for it. I am ready to get them out of the way so I can just grind dungeons. Heh.

I only speak bad about BLMs because I am one and very proud of being one. But the negativity is to reinforce and hopefully nurture better BLMs out there. Like you said, there's BLMs out there with bad rotations or they ignore AM, which is basically mindblowing when it's an extremely key skill. I admit I didnt use it until Levi EX, but when I saw it's potential and what it could do, it's a game changer. BLMs can fare well, but you have to be damn good. Chrono01 nailed it on the head, AMs, clipcasting. All situational and knowing BLM inside out. It's more than 1-2-3, we are the hardest DPS role to play as.

Again, the buff doesn't mean much, as it's like the echo. If you don't know rotations or don't know how to minimize/maximize your efficiency, it means nothing really. 9% dmg is absolutely miniscule if you can't keep it going. The issue with BLM before is that we had sustainable damage issues. Honestly, again, and many agree, if they returned how Astral/Umbral stacks worked, it'd be a huge upgrade. But they don't want us doing endless flare apparently.

IvorB

It's not free aiming because you ideally want to fit it in between cooldowns, so you don't really have time to aim. My advice is to use it as much as you can, even when you don't have to. Running to a location with your party? AM to the guy ahead of you. Idling in town? AM to a party member. Get practice with it and get used to it as an alternative form of movement so that it comes naturally. It isn't just for end-game raids; it makes your life easier in all kinds of little ways. For example, for the last boss of Brayflox HM, the first rotation for me usually looks like this from standing at the boss door: Thunder 2 during pull > fire 3 > raging > fire > quelling > fire > AM to healer who should be in the middle during GCD > fire some more > swiftcast flare convert > fire on goblin > BLM rotation as normal. 100% uptime without taking a single step to not get hit by the boss.

Edit: one other bit of advice - use cast times to your advantage by planning/targeting your teleport during the wait.

Okay. I'm gonna try it out. I'm actually quite shocked that I never even tried it.

Read carefully. That issue deals with the email typed out in the field. You said that SE wasn't recognizing your email, if SE accounts saved your email with the C instead of c, then maybe you should try typing in your email modified with a C and see if it works with your password. The emails and passwords are case sensitive.

Double check you're not using the wrong email to try and change password. SE ID and Email are not the same thing.

I'm not stressing this enough but ONE TIME PASSWORD, that's what you didn't do.

The time I got locked out of my account and I forgot my email to my account, I sat in a chat window with SE support, who said all of the emails I provided were not The One. As a result she requested I send documentation to a specified email. I did so within the hour and entered another chat instance right after I did so, and luckily enough got the same person as before on the other end, who immediately located the documentation and assigned a new email of my choice to my account.

In short, it's doable within a few hours. Don't wait for a response, pursue the response. If you wait you're not going to get processed until a few weeks later.

Also, it's difficult to parse what problem you actually have when you don't give a clear picture of what exactly you're doing (email or id with password? sign in how, at launcher or at site? what's error message from which sign in? etc.). Less "What did I do to deserve this?" and more details and clarity would provide the information people can use to pinpoint your problem and help you.

If you macro it, it's faster than an aimed teleport. Free aiming teleport also interrupts the time in which you can be dps-ing, which is a big no no. Max DPS all the time.

Thank so much for all this help. I just tried to log in now on the Mog Station and it worked perfectly. So either their fixed it or it was just some temporary thing.

Yeah gonna give the AM a go.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I may go for the new dungeons, and do the daily hunt to get used to them. Hildy and story missions can wait, I still need moogle ex to do ramuh ex, and CT2 gaf run is on the schedule already.

You'll need to complete the 19 story quests to do Ramuh EX though.
Granted, that can probably be done in two or three hours.

IMBored

A gentleman would never keep a fellow gentleman waiting!

I'm no gentleman, and I got enough of rubbing him and his dad. Hopefully this time we get to rub the cat assistant, but I'll bet we have to rub the new guy instead.~

Thank so much for all this help. I just tried to log in now on the Mog Station and it worked perfectly. So either their fixed it or it was just some temporary thing.

Grats, all this talk of missing accounts makes me sacred. Now get back and git gud.

You'll need to complete the 19 story quests to do Ramuh EX though.
Granted, that can probably be done in two or three hours.

By the time I get moogle ex done I'll have done all the story quest and got a sand of time from the hunts :(

iammeiam

who thinks a bunch of this stuff is going to be behind fates yo

The letter thing did say some of the non-elite hunts were going to be FATE bosses. I'm going to end up getting assigned "Lazy for You" six days in a row, I know it.

Elite hunts will probably be subject to Sightseeing Log style specificity.

IMBored

You have to fish for a shark that swallowed the key, then repair the key by de-synthesizing it and daily beast fate items, and craft it anew as a 3 star recipe that uses myth items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom