• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I'm surprised XIV doesnt naturally support headset communication if the later turns require that much on the fly coordination.

That would be kind of hard to implement in a game that is cross platform on PS3/4 and PC.

For PC MMOs which have built in voice chat, the built in support often aren't as good as using third party apps like Mumble, Teamspeak, Raidcall, etc. so most don't bother.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Man the art of a party fighting a Behemoth on the ARR OST is great. It looks sorta Amanoish even though I know it was Yoshida.

EDIT: I'm surprised XIV doesnt naturally support headset communication if the later turns require that much on the fly coordination.

What MMO does? In addition to griefing and complaint potential the server strain is probably gonna be pretty significant, and... remember instance servers at launch? yeah.

Teknoman

That would be kind of hard to implement in a game that is cross platform on PS3/4 and PC.

For PC MMOs which have built in voice chat, the built in support often aren't as good as using third party apps like Mumble, Teamspeak, Raidcall, etc. so most don't bother.

What MMO does? In addition to griefing and complaint potential the server strain is probably gonna be pretty significant, and... remember instance servers at launch? yeah.

In that case, what do PS3/PS4 players do?

Silaerion

Neo Member
Bit of a random question, but would selling a Free Company be frowned upon in-game, let alone Ultros?

I mainly created it to serve as an extra means of storage, and to avoid random invitations from other companies due to playing mostly solo.

After participating in numerous end-game duties and hunt groups though, it's looking more and more necessary to start forming some connections and join an actual community to further myself along.

Ken

Bit of a random question, but would selling a Free Company be frowned upon in-game, let alone Ultros?

I mainly created it to serve as an extra means of storage and to avoid random invitations from other companies due to playing mostly solo.

After participating in numerous high-level duties and hunt groups though, it's looking more and more necessary to start forming some connections and join an actual community to further myself along.

do people actualy want your FC?

Silaerion

Neo Member
do people actualy want your FC?

Well, I haven't advertised it in any way.

It's been a passing thought of mine to sell it off to anyone interested in taking up its mantle as I'd hate to see a rank six company just vanish away into the aether.

If it's a problem though, passing leadership over to a friend's inactive account would certainly serve as a feasible alternative.

Teknoman

They can just use Mumble or whatever on the laptop or mobile phone to talk with their PC brethren. Or if they actually are all on PS3/4 it happens that PSN has its own party chat system which works fine.

Ah makes sense. Only mmos i've played are XI, this, and very little of GW2 and SWTOR, so that was news to me.

Ken

Well, I haven't advertised it in any way.

As of late, It's been a passing thought of mine to sell it as I'd hate to just see a rank six company just vanish away into the aether.

If it's a problem though, I'd imagine passing leadership over to a friend's inactive account would be feasible.

oh yeah i forgot about ranks

dunno!

Teknoman

Titan EX will continue to wreck until they either noticeably increase his cast times or reduce the knockback from landslide/damage from stacked weights. Echo/iLevel helps speed up phase pushes, but that stuff is still around and deadly. Phase pushes being inconsistent on such a pattern-based fight also screws things up because he'll, say, do double gaol and immediately jump and it throws everyone off for a moment.

He's probably easier in a lot of ways, but he still slaughters parties.

Honestly, I hope they dont nerf Titan EX. Ever. That is like a right of passage at this point lol. Sure its not a requirement for other stuff (at the moment) anymore, but still.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
3cYsTGP.png

Yoshida please.

If I hadn't gotten the gloves before I'd flip something fierce.

iammeiam

Honestly, I hope they dont nerf Titan EX. Ever. That is like a right of passage at this point lol. Sure its not a requirement for other stuff (at the moment) anymore, but still.

My main beef with Titan EX is that he occupies the Twintania realm of difficulty/skillcheck without comparable reward at this point. Twin being the gatekeeper to Grown Up Coil keeps her relevant, but really the only reason to do Titan at this point is to do Titan since he's no longer part of the progression chain.

I enjoyed all three wipe-filled hours Friday evening because I'm weird like that, but he's just so much harder than the other EXes (barring maybe Ramuh who I still need to get around to checking out; lack of DF is killing me) while giving relatively lame rewards. So he's sort of weird. They could tune his difficulty down a little and then people might run him more for fun; right now he's an extremely specific kind of fun and it's the kind that frustrates most.

lordxar

I hope they don't either. I fkn hated the gd fight many, many...many times in a row. The night I executed the lb and finished his ex azz off was probably one of my greatest gaming triumphs! Now that a few weeks have passed I'm ready to farm him and quite honestly its making me hungry for more ex primal fights. That fight is a great challenge. I tried story Titan a couple times recently and that is laughably easy.

Decided to work on my Novus and although someone suggested that I max out Crit/Det on my weapon, I have decided to increase my Accuracy.

I'll split ACC/CRIT and max out DET

Isaccard

Wow, more people should play DRG is frontlines

their ability to burst down a healer with traited skills is crazy good

Tis a shame the new i80 stuff is even harder to come by.

I gave up trying to bring awareness to this, Nobody's doing dungeons anyway and Yoshida doesn't give a shit

Teknoman

My main beef with Titan EX is that he occupies the Twintania realm of difficulty/skillcheck without comparable reward at this point. Twin being the gatekeeper to Grown Up Coil keeps her relevant, but really the only reason to do Titan at this point is to do Titan since he's no longer part of the progression chain.

I enjoyed all three wipe-filled hours Friday evening because I'm weird like that, but he's just so much harder than the other EXes (barring maybe Ramuh who I still need to get around to checking out; lack of DF is killing me) while giving relatively lame rewards. So he's sort of weird. They could tune his difficulty down a little and then people might run him more for fun; right now he's an extremely specific kind of fun and it's the kind that frustrates most.

I hope they don't either. I fkn hated the gd fight many, many...many times in a row. The night I executed the lb and finished his ex azz off was probably one of my greatest gaming triumphs! Now that a few weeks have passed I'm ready to farm him and quite honestly its making me hungry for more ex primal fights. That fight is a great challenge. I tried story Titan a couple times recently and that is laughably easy.

Well it does seem like his difficulty is an outlier when it comes to Leviathan EX and maybe Ifrit, Mog, and Ramuh (havent had the chance to fight any of them aside from Leviathan).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wow, more people should play DRG is frontlines

their ability to burst down a healer with traited skills is crazy good

I gave up trying to bring awareness to this, Nobody's doing dungeons anyway and Yoshida doesn't give a shit

Something something they're looking into it lolokay.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

They really should token out all gear for dungeons
Every boss clear of the dungeon gives you +1 and price them accordingly

Leave the chests that are in dungeons and from boss as materials
Hell even add in some new rare stuff needed for crafters

Hunts really changed up the flow of the game at the moment
Need to make dungeons stand out again, like they did with XP buff and roulette

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They really should token out all gear for dungeons
Every boss clear of the dungeon gives you +1 and price them accordingly

Leave the chests that are in dungeons and from boss as materials
Hell even add in some new rare stuff needed for crafters

Hunts really changed up the flow of the game at the moment
Need to make dungeons stand out again, like they did with XP buff and roulette
They had a chance to do that easily by simply nerfing hunt rewards.

It's easy to get into the dungeons that drop the ilvl80 stuff. Under 5 minute ques for dps even. The hard part is getting the shit to fucking drop. Why not stick the mats and accessories in all the empty chests that are spread throughout the instances? Nope, I got to run shit 20 times a day to get the one piece of gear I wanted. Really wanted to finish my ilvl70 set but fuck doing that shit again.

I think this might be by design and "working as intended". The i80 is much, much better than myth stuff since you can desynth it. People are farming the ilvl 70 crafter and gatherer headgear just to desynth (and they take a while or are somewhat expensive to get). If the dungeons just showered you with ilvl 80 stuff it would certainly affect the economy.

I finally got to the point where I could desynth all the ilvl 70 accessories I had gotten previously and I made quite a bit of money out of that.

Isaccard

It's easy to get into the dungeons that drop the ilvl80 stuff. Under 5 minute ques for dps even. The hard part is getting the shit to fucking drop. Why not stick the mats and accessories in all the empty chests that are spread throughout the instances? Nope, I got to run shit 20 times a day to get the one piece of gear I wanted. Really wanted to finish my ilvl70 set but fuck doing that shit again.

The problem is there is zero reason nor incentive to do any dungeon right now outside of late blooming book grinders who're doing their Animus. Need to cap sold tomes for the week? Go hunt for an hour on any day and you're done for the week. The garbage (and high frequency of such) that drops, simply doesnt make it worth pursuing. Want that new i80 gear? Too bad hope you like Animal Fat, Cooking Sherry and Filtered Water.

I don't mind some of the crafting mats (Well except that bloody cooking sherry) but please keep that to the random chests around the dungeons. Boss chests need to always drop gear. I've gotten lucky and lucked into the caster and healer coat but it took way too long.

BadRNG

I think this might be by design and "working as intended". The i80 is much, much better than myth stuff since you can desynth it. People are farming the ilvl 70 crafter and gatherer headgear just to desynth (and they take a while or are somewhat expensive to get). If the dungeons just showered you with ilvl 80 stuff it would certainly affect the economy.

I finally got to the point where I could desynth all the ilvl 70 accessories I had gotten previously and I made quite a bit of money out of that.
If this is truly their logic/excuse, then SE doesn't understand their own game at all. The only part of the economy that it'd effect is Battle 3 demimateria, and that market has already plummeted from what it was due to pvp gear/darklight and the fact that it's not really in high demand to begin with. People farm the token gather/craft because it is the only source of mastercraft in the game, and it also is one of the better ones for fieldcraft 3. The only reason anyone would farm i80 dungeon gear desynth-wise is for the extra exp to bridge the gap between i70-i90, it wouldn't hurt the economy at all. People can already farm CT if they really want i80, and if you are after cheap Battle3 then pvp or brayflox speed runs are by far the faster/cheaper options.

I don't think it was intended design one way or the other, they just wanted to add tome mats as drops but didn't give ANY thought to how this would effect their already massive loot tables per chest.

I don't mind some of the crafting mats (Well except that bloody cooking sherry) but please keep that to the random chests around the dungeons. Boss chests need to always drop gear. I've gotten lucky and lucked into the caster and healer coat but it took way too long.
They should just make the crafting mats trash drops. If all the datamined info on the Ixali quests are correct, they will be super cheap soon anyway when people are getting multiple of the phil items per day.

Jayhawk

Looks like I will have to make up for this by somehow getting a hold of yoship at TGS with my non-press credentials and asking him questions without a translator.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
They had a chance to do that easily by simply nerfing hunt rewards.

Well Lord Yoshi always send out something broken, then tries to fix it way down the line, but by that time something new and crazier is broken, so the old broken stuff is just left as is

aceface

Sounds about right. As nightmarish as T6 was early on, it becomes a heck of a lot easier once you've beaten it once or twice, and at that point you probably don't need much in terms of communication. T7+ though, yeah, I think you could maybe get through T7 without it, if everyone was really on the ball, but that'd be hecka iffy.

Mind you, still not certain I want to go the pug route, just, not certain what I'm going to do yet, and I'd hate to stand still while I'm making up my mind.

What about your group? :eek:

I enjoyed the other night as well...like the run before our win I started to lose it a bit so it's a good thing we beat it when we did. There's something gratifying about having a battle that gave me so much trouble on autopilot basically at this point. It's similar to when I used to play Catherine where it seemed so daunting at first but once I got it it seemed so much easier. I'd like to do Ramuh ex too, I've never done it so I know nothing about the fight. We should set some time aside this Friday since it seems like the folks who wanted to do T5 got their clear.

MechaX

After months of doing the dungeons with nothing but animal fat, coke, and cooking fucking sherry, I actually got the Robe of Divine Death after a series of pretty pitiful greed rolls by the entire group.

I was as giddy as a school girl, despite how the only thing I really even gave a damn about was the Bard Shirt.

I still have a full house of the i80 DRG shit that no one seems to want, however.

Ken

I saw this and it looked like something I'd like to have! But then...

wat.
Why not just use the crown by itself? It's an iconic piece of headgear, anybody familiar with Dragon Quest should recognize it without the totally stupid looking slime underneath it.

BUT THAT'S THE BEST PART

WolvenOne

The crown alone isn't all that iconic really. Though, personally I would've preferred it was more like the snow man head, but, whatever, I still want it. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom