• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Personally i'd like to see a set of DQ1 hero or Loto armor...but thats probably something DQX has :(

EDIT: Yeah an actual Slime or Drakee minion would've been better.

WolvenOne

Alas EX Ramuh is starting to become like EX Garuda status for me

I need to do that fight some more. I've cleared it a couple times, but never really farmed it.

Mind you there isn't much I really want from it. Maybe the axe, if I can ever display it in my room. I guess the sword and shield would be nice, but I hardly touch Paladin. Still, probably a good fight to practice on.

Edit : Also, need to practice it, just to keep rust from forming. It's amazing how much your timing can fall apart for a fight after you haven't done it for awhile.

Pretty certain Ramuh is going to be apart of a new Primal Focus on 2.4, so it'll pay to be practiced in it.

Cmagus

I saw this and it looked like something I'd like to have! But then...

wat.
Why not just use the crown by itself? It's an iconic piece of headgear, anybody familiar with Dragon Quest should recognize it without the totally stupid looking slime underneath it.

I agree, it should have been the crown and a slime minion. I'm still gonna wear the crap out of that though.

Malfunky

Hey guys. Just subbed and trying to make a character on Ultros. Regarding the character creation locks, do they update the status of locks or do they actually change them at the specific times they've listed? Basically what I want to know is if Ultros (which the update from 1 pm says is open, yet isn't) is locked at their 6pm update, is there a chance it will unlock before the next scheduled update?

Alex

This game desperately needs more meaningful battle content currently. Dungeons have been completely invalidated, again, and the meaningless splitting of CT/Coil into a casual and hardcore raid rather than two sides of a coin with multiple difficulty modes really stings.

I really love all of the little tidbits on the side in this MMO as opposed to others but after about an hour I have nothing to fight in a given week and their poor implementation of the FFXI job system invalidates alts.

They were talking about outdoor dungeons, which is cool, dont see stuff like that anymore but I'd love some bandaids in the mean time, just something that gives me a reason to hit something or speed run something. Just slap some difficulty modes and vanity loot on things, put in a dungeon rep grind, put in time trials like WoW did, anything really.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You keep saying this without understanding why people prefer hunts to dungeons.

It's clear they aren't going to nerf hunts anymore though, there's no point with new content just around the corner.

I know perfectly why. Hunts are the path of least resistance. They require minimal effort in both time and battle experience so of course people are going to gravitate toward that. It is too late now but hopefully Yoshida can do something better in the future.

I know perfectly why. Hunts are the path of least resistance. They require minimal effort in both time and battle experience so of course people are going to gravitate toward that. It is too late now but hopefully Yoshida can do something better in the future.

Remember, you're comparing hunts to dungeons. And by dungeons I mean the 4-man dungeons, not the Primals or Coil.

Now tell me again how dungeons require more effort or battle experience. I would find any attempt to claim the 4-mans in this game require anything other than a tolerance of sheer boredom quite amusing.

The only difference is time. Dungeons require much more time and give often absolutely terrible rewards. No one enjoys hundreds of Brayflox speedruns. This is actually why people hunt. The reason is, quite simply, time. People don't enjoy spending more time than they absolutely have to on boring grinding. Given the option of a faster grind or a slower one, they will always pick the faster one.

The solution was not to nerf the rewards for hunts, and evidently Yoshi agreed because well he didn't. He did alter the behavior of B rank hunts but I still believe that he did that to placate the people who insisted on playing solo instead of partying up for hunting.

The solution was to buff dungeon rewards. Make them drop Myth and Sol which is at least comparable to output from hunt farming, and also for God's sakes get rid of the stupid crafting mats in chests and only have the chests drop gear! If they actually made the rewards from dungeons as good as the rewards from hunting, people who hated hunts would actually do dungeons. Guess what, even the people who hate hunting still don't do dungeons except for their Animus books and their daily Expert Roulette if they are gathering Alexandrite. Because the dungeons suck. This is the real issue, it's just the hunts have dramatically exposed the issue in a way that wasn't visible before because there wasn't an option for grinding besides the dungeons before.

Teknoman

8th Umbral Era.

EDIT: Finishing up the OST... good lord "The Maker's Ruin" is more epic than it needs to be. Such a short song, but so much power packed into those few minutes. And then there is the "And You!" ARR Medley. Whoooa.

EDIT: Bo-down (western chocobo style theme) is still the best chocobo theme.

khaaan

Do I join a Grand Company as part of the story or do I have to go out of my way to make it happen? I'm about to hit level 25 and was promised a Chocobo at level 20 :(

Edit: Is it down for anyone right now?

Tirod

Welp no Rosenbogen for me tomorrow. :( This weekend has been a shit train of terrible luck.

First Charter had DNS server issues. Then PSN got DDOS attack. Then PSN went under maintenence.

Now when I finally try to log in and desperately hit soldiery cap before reset, ARR goes down as well.

So lame. :(

scy

Do I join a Grand Company as part of the story or do I have to go out of my way to make it happen? I'm about to hit level 25 and was promised a Chocobo at level 20 :(

Edit: Is it down for anyone right now?

The quest for the Chocobo is level 20 but it's part of the Main Quest (well, the Grand Company part is). You'll definitely be over level 20 by the time you get it.

Edit: welp, 90k after a run / alt-tabbing to check the thread. Thanks guys.

grimmiq

Anyone able to give me a quick list of which DD classes are most sought after for endgame content at the moment? Been wanting to re-subscribe for a couple of weeks now after reading a few things about a possible expansion being announced later this year and new class/job (Rogue/Ninja?). My DRG is by far the best geared but I have everything but fishing and botany levelled to cap.

Ken

Anyone able to give me a quick list of which DD classes are most sought after for endgame content at the moment? Been wanting to re-subscribe for a couple of weeks now after reading a few things about a possible expansion being announced later this year and new class/job (Rogue/Ninja?). My DRG is by far the best geared but I have everything but fishing and botany levelled to cap.

DRG
DRG
DRG
DRG

MogCakes

so it's a confirmed DDOS attack then? Only the duty and lobby servers seem to be clogged. There's no official word, not that I'd expect a response within 30 minutes of the attack starting.

Ken

DRG is actually wanted now? I...I..I don't know what to say..4 years of FFXI and all of 1.0 I've been waiting to see those words.

Well, it's anecdotal but it feels like there's such an abundance of MNK for Coil2 that pugs seem to be going double MNK just because they can't find DRG.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did a ST run today, and finally got my belt.

We also killed Skylla before Daybreak, and Labolas before we had to use the springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom