• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think now that I have seen a good chunk of the enemies from those Alexandrite maps, I can deal with them better. It still hurts to lose a map, so glad this isn't for my main Coil job.

WolvenOne

learn how to drg and you can run with us

My DRG is, ilvl103, or 104. My DPS on that class is passable, but definitely not up to par with people who main that class.

Basically, if I can just sit and wail on a target, my DPS is around 310 or so. More realistically I useually average around 280 to 290.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Heavy status applied from Gorynich in Stone Vigil Hard still says Ingenuity on the tooltip.
I even sent a bug report about that!

Isaccard

My DRG is, ilvl103, or 104. My DPS on that class is passable, but definitely not up to par with people who main that class.

Basically, if I can just sit and wail on a target, my DPS is around 310 or so. More realistically I useually average around 280 to 290.

Then you should run with us

that said there's never a time outside of maybe Turn 8 where you can "sit and wail on a target"

My eyes are probably tricking me, but everything in the distance looks more clear to me, like they stealth improved the draw distance or something..

WolvenOne

if you get AF on you you only need to disengage for like 5 seconds if that

Now that I think about it, you're probably right, running away from the group during the entirety of Allagan Field probably is overkill, given that there're only three moves that can hurt the party, outside of Defensive Reactions.

Of those, one shouldn't hit the rest of the party so long as it's properly intercepted, and landmines shouldn't be going off during AF.

So I guess it's mainly just, avoid Gaseous Bomb, and keep DPSing.

Isaccard

Red has to MT, while Grimm deeps.

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

today i had Item drops SO GOOD , i almost wanted to try to do fate in order to get ATMAS

But since everyone know they don't exist , i didn't try.. My dongeons , Primal and cyrus tower drop have been so good.

Dear diary ,
Today RNG values were working as intended !

Tiops

Guys, need some advice.

I'm currently at ilvl93. Curtana/Holy Shield Atma (finished the first book today), and got my Noct Lorica. Everything else is Valor set.

What should I focus on getting now to increase my ilvl? Just soldiery gear? And regarding weapons, Animus is going to take some time (and God knows when I'll be able to get Novus), so I should go for a Burtgang until then?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Guys, need some advice.

I'm currently at ilvl93. Curtana/Holy Shield Atma (finished the first book today), and got my Noct Lorica. Everything else is Valor set.

What should I focus on getting now to increase my ilvl? Just soldiery gear? And regarding weapons, Animus is going to take some time (and God knows when I'll be able to get Novus), so I should go for a Burtgang until then?

Animus is not that hard. Do hunts a hour or two a night, and you will get enough mythic. As a tank, doing dungeons should be simple enough. The mob kills are easy, as are the leves. The Fates can be a pain, but more likely than not someone else will be waiting for the same fate, doing the same book. Party up with them, and split up to watch for fates in different zones and even they aren't that bad.

Someone's attempted a choco color flowchart based on new feather messages.

Still some RNG aspects there, as there are spots where the same base color and the same fruit until the message leads to two different colors.

But it does look like it's possible to get to Regal Purple along a much shorter path than originally posted. Maybe.

I got Slyph Green first from Plums, fed some Berries to get Celeste Green.
Then fed some more berries to get Sky Blue. So that seems legit so far.

But last night I fed him just 2 Berries and got the message.
Too bad the flowchart has nothing leading from Sky Blue. WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN.

WolvenOne

Out of morbid curiosity, what stuff from Ramuh is any good? I know the melee ring has some awesome stats, not sure about everything else.

There are plenty of items from Ramuh that're great..... for ilvl100 gear. If I could get the Ramuh Axe as an ilvl110 weapon, I'd be swapping it out whenever I went into DPS mode. Similarly, a lot of the rings are great, they just aren't ilvl110.

It's weird, because I think a party full of players with 90-95 weapons would have a really hard time clearing that first DPS check near the beginning, but parties with 100-110 weapons don't have much incentive to run the fight.

Mind you, once they apply the echo that fight will be hecka good for players that want to gear up reasonably fast. Since it's mostly just a DPS check, followed by an extended coordination/healing check.

Tabris

Man, no luck on drops today.

We got 0 items anybody needed on their main, just alt gear.

T6 - WHM feet, BRD accessory
T7 - BRD accessory, Tank legs (well this one was kind of a main)
T8 - DRG legs, DRG head

WolvenOne

Man, no luck on drops today.

We got 0 items anybody needed on their main, just alt gear.

T6 - WHM feet, BRD accessory
T7 - BRD accessory, Tank legs (well this one was kind of a main)
T8 - DRG legs, DRG head

The tank legs are excellent if you're off tanking, what with that high Determination. They may also be necessary come 2.4, depending on 3rd Coil accuracy requirements and where the accuracy is on the next round of Tome gear.

Granted, the former really isn't the generally purview of Paladins, and the later won't be an issue for awhile.

Taruranto

Out of morbid curiosity, what stuff from Ramuh is any good? I know the melee ring has some awesome stats, not sure about everything else.

Healer ring is pretty much BiS for SCH.

You lose 2 mind compared to coil ring but gain 12 det and 12 crit, well worth.

Too bad about the iLevel.

iammeiam

I got Slyph Green first from Plums, fed some Berries to get Celeste Green.
Then fed some more berries to get Sky Blue. So that seems legit so far.

But last night I fed him just 2 Berries and got the message.
Too bad the flowchart has nothing leading from Sky Blue. WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN.

Flowchart flailed me. 6x apples, for four 'growing new feathers!' Messages and 1x berry with feathers message from default should have given me Regal Purple or Dalamud Red.

I got Millioncorn Yellow, which is about as close to nothing happening as possible. It took eight more apples to trigger another feather message, so I wound up buying some so I could cram 10x apples and 1x berry down his throat to give the chart another shot.

Six hour curing time sucks and I won't be able to see results until after work tomorrow. Just hoping it's not Pumpkin Orange.

WolvenOne

Flowchart flailed me. 6x apples, for four 'growing new feathers!' Messages and 1x berry with feathers message from default should have given me Regal Purple or Dalamud Red.

I got Millioncorn Yellow, which is about as close to nothing happening as possible. It took eight more apples to trigger another feather message, so I wound up buying some so I could cram 10x apples and 1x berry down his throat to give the chart another shot.

Six hour curing time sucks and I won't be able to see results until after work tomorrow. Just hoping it's not Pumpkin Orange.

It's not, 1 fruit = one step in that direction. When you get the message that new color feathers are growing in, that means the color pallet has changed. That, "can," happen with a few fruits.... but it can also take over ten, depending on RNG.

BTW, am I better off getting a second set of CT2 Lancer armor for my retainer, or farming Coil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom