• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
BwdpJjb.jpg
You've created a time paradox!

Flowchart flailed me. 6x apples, for four 'growing new feathers!' Messages and 1x berry with feathers message from default should have given me Regal Purple or Dalamud Red.

I got Millioncorn Yellow, which is about as close to nothing happening as possible. It took eight more apples to trigger another feather message, so I wound up buying some so I could cram 10x apples and 1x berry down his throat to give the chart another shot.

Six hour curing time sucks and I won't be able to see results until after work tomorrow. Just hoping it's not Pumpkin Orange.

heh first i got halatali yellow, second try was pumpkin. just doing random feeds. i don't really care all that much.

Robin64

Hit level 50 last night, beat Cape Westwind and went and completed my Dragoon quest for the final piece of armour. Pretty happy about that!

3pXniSk.jpg

Guess I'll finish the main scenario and then..? Is it still worth doing the questline to get the Gae Bolg or is there just far better weapons out there to get now (and more easily)?

Hit level 50 last night, beat Cape Westwind and went and completed my Dragoon quest for the final piece of armour. Pretty happy about that!

3pXniSk.jpg

Guess I'll finish the main scenario and then..? Is it still worth doing the questline to get the Gae Bolg or is there just far better weapons out there to get now (and more easily)?

There are better weapons out there but the relic weapon is a good place to start. You could also start saving soldiery tomes for the Liberator.

No luck with my first Choco feed. Gave him a plum, got a message saying his plumage will change, came back more than six hours later and nothing happened. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that I didn't need to ram fruit down his throat if you get a message about plumage changing.

plum-age

Apoptomon

No luck with my first Choco feed. Gave him a plum, got a message saying his plumage will change, came back more than six hours later and nothing happened. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that I didn't need to ram fruit down his throat if you get a message about plumage changing.

plum-age
Exactly what was the message? "Color will change in six hours" doesn't seem to actually mean anything. The message for success is "growing new feathers".

Looks like forecast for the next week will be champagne showers for everybody.
... Okay that sounds really wrong, but that's technically what it is...

Exactly what was the message? "Color will change in six hours" doesn't seem to actually mean anything. The message for success is "growing new feathers".

Well shit. That's a ridiculously misleading message.

Edit: OK, got the message about growing new feathers after getting him to eat a few plums. But I hope he leaves enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it down his stomach and break his goddamn spine.

Mesharey

Guys, need some advice.

I'm currently at ilvl93. Curtana/Holy Shield Atma (finished the first book today), and got my Noct Lorica. Everything else is Valor set.

What should I focus on getting now to increase my ilvl? Just soldiery gear? And regarding weapons, Animus is going to take some time (and God knows when I'll be able to get Novus), so I should go for a Burtgang until then?
ST head and hands are BiS.
You can get UAS to get Burtang too.

iammeiam

It's not, 1 fruit = one step in that direction. When you get the message that new color feathers are growing in, that means the color pallet has changed. That, "can," happen with a few fruits.... but it can also take over ten, depending on RNG.

Right, but as I said I got that message five times on my first feeding batch, and only moved one step on the color chart. There's RNG at play above and beyond just triggering the feathers message. I could try doing each feeding only until the first feathers message and stopping, but then we're back to me hating on the wait period.

What would be interesting to see is if a group of people all feeding the same fruit to the second or third feathers message and then stopping all end up with the same degree of color shift--Flowchart is built on the assumption of yes, but my guess at this point is that they wouldn't. There might be a most common result, but there'd be variance even with the same number of messages.

Tiops

Another question:

I'm searching what's the best thing to do with my Novus weapon when I get there. Again, opinions on the internet are divisive. The only thing that people agree are that you have to cap ACC.

Some people say that Parry isn't important for PLDs because we already have a Shield that checks things before the parry stat, so you should but CRIT and/or DET. Others say that you have to cap ACC and put the rest on Parry.

Are any of those opinions wrong or they're both valid and I should do what interest me most between those choices?

Thanks again!

Aight.
Just capped at lvl 20 on my trial account and gonna spend some € now.

It is recommended to level one class to max before starting a second one I assume?

Kinda, in general its best to dabble in a few classes to get their cross class skills. But just for gameplay sake I'd say yeah its best to max one before dedicating yourself to another. Then again, people play all kinds of ways.

9WsRvnZ.png

Woop woop, got my apple green bird.

iammeiam

Aight.

It is recommended to level one class to max before starting a second one I assume?

When you hit 30 you'll need to level a specific other class to 15 to unlock your job, which you should do ASAP because nobody likes the unemployed over 30s. After that you can push your primary to max.

studyguy

My Choco is sky blue.
I've fed it like at least 10 of 4 different fruit.
It's still sky blue.
pls

Also happy anniversary.
1 year of ARR, like what? 3 years total XIV?
I've suffered so long.

Aight.

Up to you. You get a bonus to your xp rate on jobs that are lower than your highest one. It's also nice to have a job at 50 so you can do endgame stuff

iammeiam

Updated flowchart of Totally Hasn't Helped Me Yet:

WNH3nFv.jpg

The semi-dead end paths are good to know to prevent waste, I guess.

I'd probably be fine with RNG if results were instant, or with waiting if I could be secure in the outcome, but piling on both and locking the whole thing behind gardening is just... Ugh. And yet, I'm hooked. Grimace must be purple!

Decided to finally give Turn 6 a try late last night. We didn't beat it (only reached Belight once), but I can honestly say it's as lame as it was when I saw a video of it. And the exploration music sucks in comparison to the music in the First Coil.

Frazley

Limsa Lominsa's Upper Deck is haunting with the song playing in the background!

Edit: You know the game is good when you create a todo list of all the things you need to do! :) Just started one.

Tabris

Decided to finally give Turn 6 a try late last night. We didn't beat it (only reached Belight once), but I can honestly say it's as lame as it was when I saw a video of it. And the exploration music sucks in comparison to the music in the First Coil.

How is it lame? It's exciting when things are challenging.

Speaking of 2nd coil. We broke our record for T8 damage. Close to 2100 DPS as a group.

Wilsongt

August 27, 2014....it's officially been one year since this game came out and it's amazing how much love Square has shown. You know that we were in for a good ride when Yoshida gave a closing speech like this at the launch event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9G3ByXKIE

Yep. He did good. Lots of people bitch about the game now, and say how much they miss 1.x compared to 2.0 and all that jazz. But, can't deny that he managed to turn a sinking ship into some profit for Square-Enix.

aceface

Help night again this Friday from 9pm Eastern on Ultros. We finally cleared Titan ex so let's have a non-Titan help night! I'm available to do Ifrit or Ramuh or even story prae runs if that's what people need.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Updated flowchart of Totally Hasn't Helped Me Yet:

WNH3nFv.jpg

The semi-dead end paths are good to know to prevent waste, I guess.

I'd probably be fine with RNG if results were instant, or with waiting if I could be secure in the outcome, but piling on both and locking the whole thing behind gardening is just... Ugh. And yet, I'm hooked. Grimace must be purple!

Have a bone white bird. Fed it a plum in hopes of getting snow white. Will know in a few hours.

iammeiam

Help night again this Friday from 9pm Eastern on Ultros. We finally cleared Titan ex so let's have a non-Titan help night! I'm available to do Ifrit or Ramuh or even story prae runs if that's what people need.

Carry me through Ramuh EX please; need to clear pre-2.4 so I can participate in whatever crazy exploit people come up with for Shiva before it's patched.

(I assume Ramuh would basically require mumble for orb coordination?)

Last night I finally got the Master Book for GSM. It was much, much harder than CUL. For those people dissing LTW, Waste Not II is absolutely essential to HQ those 40 dur turn ins. And with how expensive those rose gold ingots are compared to the CUL dish, you really can't afford to screw up. Well over 100k each, vs like 7k for the CUL turn in, who thought that up?

Thankfully the 50 HQ turn in is super easy (if you use HQ mats) and not really very expensive.

I'm really thankful for the crafter solver website. The formulas are very accurate (unlike some other sites...) and it was great to get my rotation down perfect before attempting those ingots.

I'm once again broke, hopefully I can make some money out of GSM. I've also got my desynth to around 80, soon I'll go for the artisan spectacles. I've really fallen hard on the crafting black hole, hopefully some day I'll pull myself out.

aceface

Carry me through Ramuh EX please; need to clear pre-2.4 so I can participate in whatever crazy exploit people come up with for Shiva before it's patched.

(I assume Ramuh would basically require mumble for orb coordination?)

Well I've never done Ramuh ex either so we can all carry each other. And I think mumble is helpful mainly so the tanks can say when they picked up their orbs so the party can clear out the rest. Someone who's done it can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom