• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Plans for patch day? Unlock Syrcus Tower. Trying to do the CT fates a month later as a solo PLD with no DPS accessories was not fun - had to get outside help involved! If there's no FATEs and it's all very painless (lol), then I'll start unlocking the new dungeons. Gotta get that Expert Roulette ASAP.

I did my first Turn 4 without training or anything and I completed it 5 times. I played the OT and I was just keeping aggro on 2 mobs most of the time or full aggro on every mobs.
Sounds good to me. Did you see what the MT was up to? I'll probably give it a shot later on and see how it goes.

Epcott

My apologies for the dumb noob-like question, but when people say they'e lvl88 or lvl99 whm, how is that possible when the cap is 50?

Or is it that after 50, acquiring clothing, accessoriess, and weapons with higher stats (through HM runs and so on) raises one well beyond 50? And if this is the case, how does one truly know what level they're at besides throwing a hypothetical number out there?

I ask because my old toon on excal is at 50 sch and smn and I never figured out how to move beyond it since I transferred to Ultros and GAF fc before partaking in any missons main scenario. (Sorry for the run-on sentence, I'm mobile).

demonkaze

My apologies for the dumb noob-like question, but when people say they'e lvl88 or lvl99 whm, how is that possible when the cap is 50?

Or is it that after 50, acquiring clothing, accessoriess, and weapons with higher stats (through HM runs and so on) raises one well beyond 50? And if this is the case, how does one truly know what level they're at besides throwing a hypothetical number out there?

All equipment has an Item Level (ilevel) and your character sheet denotes your overall item level. Content is based on a player's item level.

IMBored

We are referring to item level. That's the combined average level of the items equipped to the char and can be seen in the character portrait, in the upper right corner.
It's the level that matters after attaining level 50.

Epcott

All equipment has an Item Level (ilevel) and your character sheet denotes your overall item level. Content is based on a player's item level.

We are referring to item level. That's the combined average level of the items equipped to the char and can be seen in the character portrait, in the upper right corner.
It's the level that matters after attaining level 50.

Ah ok! Had no idea items went well beyond 50. Makes sense why people are tome grinding. Thanks guys! I'm going to hunt down a list for when I reach endgame again :)

dramatis

Thank so much for all this help. I just tried to log in now on the Mog Station and it worked perfectly. So either their fixed it or it was just some temporary thing.
ONE TIME PASSWORD!!!!111!!! Go get it set up.
Plans for patch day? Unlock Syrcus Tower. Trying to do the CT fates a month later as a solo PLD with no DPS accessories was not fun - had to get outside help involved! If there's no FATEs and it's all very painless (lol), then I'll start unlocking the new dungeons. Gotta get that Expert Roulette ASAP.
Doing it a month after was actually a much, much better experience than what we were doing at patch.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Doing it a month after was actually a much, much better experience than what we were doing at patch.
Actually, I think I remember that. Didn't the FATEs have a 3 hour wait time or something? I wasn't 50 at the time, so perhaps I got away quite lightly. Though, trying to DPS down that boss in the mines with a healer chocobo is one of the least fun things that I've done.

Surely the same thing won't happen again though... right?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally managed to clear Temple of Qarn last night, but boy did it put me off doing pugs in somewhat more difficult dungeons. Still had people not switching to wasps on first boss, when we got to heads that needed to die on platforms, they were trying to blow them up the second they saw them, requiring multiple tries to get them where they need to be (made for good times on the last boss), and plenty of running ahead, aggroing stuff. It makes me dread what lays in store for me in dungeon roulette while leveling. I may just do each place once for hunters logs and pushing forward story mode, then leave it at that until level cap where I can just tank with the FC instead. >_<

The letter thing did say some of the non-elite hunts were going to be FATE bosses. I'm going to end up getting assigned "Lazy for You" six days in a row, I know it.

Elite hunts will probably be subject to Sightseeing Log style specificity.

I did Lazy for You about 5 times while Atma farming. It felt pretty epic, even when I was by myself (of course I constantly cheated by desyncing my level, healing up with thrill of battle or second wind and syncing back up). Too bad the minion isn't worth shit.

You have to fish for a shark that swallowed the key, then repair the key by de-synthesizing it and daily beast fate items, and craft it anew as a 3 star recipe that uses myth items.

Make it a tradable item and I would be down for that. You have to give those poor master crafters a way to recoup that huge investment.

Actually, I think I remember that. Didn't the FATEs have a 3 hour wait time or something? I wasn't 50 at the time, so perhaps I got away quite lightly. Though, trying to DPS down that boss in the mines with a healer chocobo is one of the least fun things that I've done.

Surely the same thing won't happen again though... right?

That's why hybrid chocobo is best chocobo. Just 1 point in the attack tree would have made a huge difference.

In other news, I finally got Garuda EX down as an OT. We did it with 3 minutes to spare. I had forgotten to repair my stuff and my right side completely broke, while my left side was at 10%. Thank god for echo.

Not looking forward to Titan EX though.

WolvenOne

My patch day plans?

Mess around with dyable AF. Unlock the three dungeons, run them, do my daily Expert Roulette, then do Turns 6 and 7. Hopefully the clear bonus's for these dungeons will be enough to pay for a second map. Second day is going to be a bit more ambitious for me, since I'm going to try to either Unlock Ramah EM, CT2, or both, depending on the size of each individual quest chain.

Also sometime in all that I've GOT to experiment with Hunts. I desperately want to shake up how I grind for my last Alexandrites. The repetition of the Alexandrite grind makes it a lot more difficult for me, than the Animus grind. The Animus grind may have had a few annoying Fates at least, but at least it was varied, and forced you to do content you may not have done in awhile..

Meh, I'm a little worried that Elite Hunts will just be mini Odin/Behemoths. I loathe the way Odin and Behemoth are in this game since it's just a mass of lag and battle animations.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Meh, I'm a little worried that Elite Hunts will just be mini Odin/Behemoths. I loathe the way Odin and Behemoth are in this game since it's just a mass of lag and battle animations.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Well they seem to imply that some will be so strong that you better shout for help...so perhaps. No whining Mira, I'm dragging you to ALL the Hunts.

WolvenOne

Hope I'm wrong though.

Well if the hunts really do vary based on what Grand Company you belong to, that should reduce the number of people participating in them.

That, might make certain GC's far more attractive for the hunts however.

WolvenOne

Also, I'm guessing we're not going to see XIVdb updating all its gear stats until the patch file starts going out later tonight, correct?

Really want to see the stats for the new CT armor sets, and the Ramah weapons.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Also, I'm guessing we're not going to see XIVdb updating all its gear stats until the patch file starts going out later tonight, correct?

Really want to see the stats for the new CT armor sets, and the Ramah weapons.

Well yes, they need the patch files in hand to pull data from.

creid

Mess around with dyable AF. Unlock the three dungeons, run them, do my daily Expert Roulette, then do Turns 6 and 7. Hopefully the clear bonus's for these dungeons will be enough to pay for a second map. Second day is going to be a bit more ambitious for me, since I'm going to try to either Unlock Ramah EM, CT2, or both, depending on the size of each individual quest chain.
You mean Ramuh? Or is this another "just assume"?

WolvenOne

Their excuse is they want people to discover stuff for themselves.

Which is understandable enough, but of course if XIVdb wasn't ripping stats out of the patch files, somebody else would be, and so long as this information is available, people are going to use it.

Guess what I'm saying is that, they should perhaps bow to inevitability a lil.

WolvenOne

You mean Ramuh? Or is this another "just assume"?

I seem to have a mental wrinkle with it comes to that particular deities name.

Edit: Just checked, Ramah is actually an accepted spelling of the name, it's just not the one SE went with.

Edit Edit: Seems the most commonly accepted romanization, is Rama. Kinda wonder why SE went with one of the less common ones.

Edit edit edit: If anyone is curious, this is the deity that Ramuh was very very VERY loosely based on. Name wise anyway, in terms of description, Ramuh more closely resembles the actual Odin of norse myth.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I seem to have a mental wrinkle with it comes to that particular deities name.

Edit: Just checked, Ramah is actually an accepted spelling of the name, it's just not the one SE went with.

Edit Edit: Seems the most commonly accepted romanization, is Rama. Kinda wonder why SE went with one of the less common ones.

double_facepalm.jpg

Just call him Ramuh like the game does.

creid

Name of the character =/= name of the god the character is maybe kinda sorta based on, "or so I heard".
Edit edit edit: If anyone is curious, this is the deity that Ramuh was very very VERY loosely based on. Name wise anyway, in terms of description, Ramuh more closely resembles the actual Odin of norse myth.
[Citation needed]
Speculation on a FF wiki doesn't count.

Edit: I wonder if I can hunt a weekly elite mark before reset tomorrow morning...

WolvenOne

Name of the character =/= name of the god the character is maybe kinda sorta based on, "or so I heard".

[Citation needed]

Final Fantasy borrows most of their names from either Arabic or Indian Mythology/religion. See, Garuda, Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut, Behemoth, and so on and so forth. The odd ones out here are Titan and Odin.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

[Citation needed]

Edit: I wonder if I can hunt a weekly elite mark before reset tomorrow morning...

I think reset happens before the servers go back online.

WolvenOne

I think reset happens before the servers go back online.

Mmm, strictly speaking, the patch wouldn't have to go up THAT early for to be up before the reset, briefly. However, if I had to guess, they'll probably reset with the patch, even if it doesn't totally match up with the typical weekly reset times.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Mmm, strictly speaking, the patch wouldn't have to go up THAT early for to be up before the reset, briefly. However, if I had to guess, they'll probably reset with the patch, even if it doesn't totally match up with the typical weekly reset times.

According to Lodestone, maintenance is going to be underway from 8 pm to 4 am PDT and reset occurs at 2 am PDT.

WolvenOne

According to Lodestone, maintenance is going to be underway from 8 pm to 4 am PDT and reset occurs on 2 am PDT.

Yeah, but while some patches have gone up a couple hours late in the past, some patches have gone up early.

There was a similar time-frame for 2.2, but I was able to log into it shortly after midnight.

BadRNG

They kind of already messed up there with the Dodore/Mossy Horn stuff.
CPIV as well since it will likely actually be useful now for same stuff.

Fact is whatever market changes will happen within minutes of servers going life, holding back patch notes doesn't change anything.

WolvenOne

CPIV as well since it will likely actually be useful now for same stuff.

Fact is whatever market changes will happen within minutes of servers going life, holding back patch notes doesn't change anything.

Agreed, but they'll probably try anyway, which is annoying but, eh.

BadRNG

Dodore and Mossy Horn are two mid40s craft ingredients that were barely used for much of anything, average prices were in the 1k range. The prelim patch notes come out revealing the new i55 crafting accessories are named after the two, people bought out all of it and they are going for like 20k now.

Dodore and Mossy Horn are two mid40s craft ingredients that were barely used for much of anything, average prices were in the 1k range. The prelim patch notes come out revealing the new i55 crafting accessories are named after the two, people bought out all of it and they are going for like 20k now.

Ahhh okay, well I already jumped on the Dodore bandwagon (Though I didn't have to buy a single one haha)...time to go find that mossy horn.

iammeiam

Nevermind, beaten. In other news read a translation of the very vague Ramuh preview in Famitsu. Sounds like HM will not be too tough unsurprisingly.

TalonJH

Anyone on Famfrit, your welcomed to friend me. I'm mostly a laid back causal player that likes to help newer player and slowly take out content as I level all my classes, chat and try to get this damn FC going.

Character Name: Talon Hampton

WolvenOne

So I just unlocked these Beast Tribe quests and they seem important, should I bother doing them?.

They're a good way to pass the time while you're waiting for parties to fill up, so go ahead. Also they reward you with Gil, Tomes, XP, and eventually you'll be able to buy a mount.

Allard

So I just unlocked these Beast Tribe quests and they seem important, should I bother doing them?.

The beast quests are basically faction grinds with some specific housing items, dyes, a minion and mount tied to them and a special title, other then that they give a small amount of mythology upon completion and a venture token for each completion as well, they are not really that important (at least at the moment, and based on a recent interview that is going to stay that way and become purely additional 'vanity' content with a couple sneak peaks into the lore of the world).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom