• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toontown-Online.jpg

Lightning gets this multi-part event, and Shantotto gets almost nothing....

That's not what grinds my gears. Of all the single-player FF title crossovers, they had to choose Raitoningu instead of all the other options. I mean look at the characters you could use or meet in Dissidia, all of which were better than Toriyama's Waifu.

I just wanted my Tidus and Yuna FATE ;_;

Isaccard

That's not what grinds my gears. Of all the single-player FF title crossovers, they had to choose Raitoningu instead of all the other options. I mean look at the characters you could use or meet in Dissidia, all of which were better than Toriyama's Waifu.

If anyone [else] was better than Lighting, they'd have gotten their own in game event.

Spoiler Warning!!!!:
They didin't. Cuz Lighting is da bess

Valor

That's not what grinds my gears. Of all the single-player FF title crossovers, they had to choose Raitoningu instead of all the other options.
I definitely agree. When you look at all of the great characters from the classic Final Fantasy games that could make appearances, there are definitely ones that are much more welcomed than-

Get out.

MogCakes

There's a bit of confusion in my group about Leviathan's Barb and Tidal Barding. Does Leviathan's Barb only drop from HM or does it also drop from Levi EX? AFAIK Barb of the Whorl is the EX one exclusively and Leviathan's Barb is exclusively from HM.

phierce

After 80+ runs of Levi Ex (not saying that's a lot because I know others have done more), I finally saw my first mirror drop. I rolled a 98 and won...sad thing is, I really don't know what to use it on now.

Would have been nice months ago...

Razia

Does anyone on Sargantanas know what happening in east shroud? I teleported there and got disconnected and booted to the PS4's menu.

Now everytime I try to log in, the same thing happens.

so classes started back up for me right as my sub ended. im probably going to come back for the next big content update. i was wondering if you get kicked out the FC for inactivity can you get added back in the future?

so classes started back up for me right as my sub ended. im probably going to come back for the next big content update. i was wondering if you get kicked out the FC for inactivity can you get added back in the future?

If you let them know you'll be gone for a bit, they won't kick you. Even so, it's easy to get back in.

Wilsongt

Actually logged into the game tonight after being able to drag myself away from Diablo 3.

:[ I don't know what I did, but I followed the chocobo dye guide and instead of getting what I wanted (Lavender Blue), I got Lime Green.

RNG gonna RNG.

iammeiam

NEVER KITING AGAIN.

internet says I should have been running circles around them. Too complicated. At least I didn't auto attack them to death.

Ken

NEVER KITING AGAIN.

internet says I should have been running circles around them. Too complicated. At least I didn't auto attack them to death.

kiting is easy

for the low price of $10 i'll teach you how

just call the toll free number below now!

WolvenOne

Shame my alt isn't leveled up to 50 and geared for Coil yet. I've been enjoying helping groups learn earlier turns in Second Coil. Sadly though, because there's not all that much time left in this patch cycle, I'm going to get back on T9 ASAP. Stupid lockout system.

Least I can help get groups organized though, and offer limited advice/ample encouragement.

Also, Fays did fine on Kiting, considering it was a first attempt, on a less than ideal class for kiting. Also, it's not as if there were a lot of people there that could give kiting advice.

IMBored

You guys did T7 practice and didn't invite me ;_;
Granted, it was around 6am where I am, but I woke up at 7 to get the ST loot of the week.

I will never get over FFXIV "Summoner".

It's not about the size of your summon, it's about how you can compare it with food.

Kenai

Actually logged into the game tonight after being able to drag myself away from Diablo 3.

:[ I don't know what I did, but I followed the chocobo dye guide and instead of getting what I wanted (Lavender Blue), I got Lime Green.

RNG gonna RNG.

My chocobo looks at the flowchart and chirps something vaguely like "lol" and does whatever. teleporting all over it. Been trying to get Deepwood Green forever
and I may finally have it in 6 hours
Not even joking, sometimes I have fed my choco the "correct" fruit and it's actually gone in the opposite direction color/shade-wise. It's a good reference a lot of the time, but definitely not anywhere near 100% accurate.

Eheh.

I will never get over FFXIV "Summoner".

What FF14 Summoners lack in pet size they more than make up for it via game mechanics! Mained SMN in FF11 til SCH came out and while it would be fun to summon the Primals in this game since they look so good, I'll always prefer the gameplay of these versions. Although I loved Necromancers in EQ back in the day and that's basically what SMNs are in this game. DoTs, pets, rezzing the dead even when not a healer....

iammeiam

kiting is easy

for the low price of $10 i'll teach you how

just call the toll free number below now!

$10 is a lot to pay for 'git gud' tho.

Also doing so would violate my belief system.

Also, Fays did fine on Kiting, considering it was a first attempt, on a less than ideal class for kiting. Also, it's not as if there were a lot of people there that could give kiting advice.

It's mostly frustrating because I felt like I had a pretty solid lock on what to do as the ranged non-kiter, and T7 actually seems pretty mechanically straightforward for that role provided you have someone calling out when to hold DPS for transition. Withholding buffs for adds and generally not wanting to burn Melusine ASAP removes the vast majority of button-smashing, so it's mostly a matter of knowing where to stand in which phase to not blow anyone up.

Kiting knocked me on my ass, though--As far as I can tell from the internet, I think I'm overestimating Renaud range and am probably safer to circle back behind them than I thought. But basically my entire thought process turns into "Shit where is he okay he's on the mark where is voice he needs to stop moving oh no he moved oh god I can't turn around I have voice just keep running at the edge" and then he's frozen way the hell off on the side. Or I miss that I have shriek because I'm not watching my character/debuff bar and then everyone is rocks.

I think the key is to circle, then Shadowbind when voice goes out, but it's layers of stuff and the entire time I'm doing that I'm not blowing up adds which seems like it would be problem later.

Tabris

So static coil group...we raiding Tues at 9pm? And who do we need to get subs for?

Raiding usual time. Got sub for Skoje.

May need to book Wed 9-11pm if anything comes up with either sub, but we can probably just PFer the last spot if we have to.

Jayhawk

I expect my chocobo to be soot black by the time I get home from dance class tonight. It's kobold brown right now, so I am super close. People said it couldn't be done!

aceface

It's mostly frustrating because I felt like I had a pretty solid lock on what to do as the ranged non-kiter, and T7 actually seems pretty mechanically straightforward for that role provided you have someone calling out when to hold DPS for transition. Withholding buffs for adds and generally not wanting to burn Melusine ASAP removes the vast majority of button-smashing, so it's mostly a matter of knowing where to stand in which phase to not blow anyone up.

Kiting knocked me on my ass, though--As far as I can tell from the internet, I think I'm overestimating Renaud range and am probably safer to circle back behind them than I thought. But basically my entire thought process turns into "Shit where is he okay he's on the mark where is voice he needs to stop moving oh no he moved oh god I can't turn around I have voice just keep running at the edge" and then he's frozen way the hell off on the side. Or I miss that I have shriek because I'm not watching my character/debuff bar and then everyone is rocks.

I think the key is to circle, then Shadowbind when voice goes out, but it's layers of stuff and the entire time I'm doing that I'm not blowing up adds which seems like it would be problem later.

The key is to get someone with Miasma. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom