• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Thanks guys, can you 'join' different factions at the same time?

There's no overlap, so yes. However you can only do six per day, so while you could split those all between the various different Beast Tribes, most players end up focusing on one or two at a time.

Wilsongt

Within the series, they've used that particular romanization fairly consistently, though they did translate it as Indra once. <_<;;

SNES. A time when Holy was white and a giant ball waiting to crush Rosa was more exceptable than a blade. At least Woosely corrected it for his translation.

Wilsongt

I can only assume It will add a mighty fortress built of tomestones for Rowena to relocate to.

She's got a good little scam going on there. Trade her all of your tomes for her tokens. Take her tokens two steps to her right and trade them in.

Why not just cut out the middleman.

WolvenOne

SNES. A time when Holy was white and a giant ball waiting to crush Rosa was more exceptable than a blade. At least Woosely corrected it for his translation.

I know I know. XD

Though to be fair here, Indra actually makes more sense, seeing as Indra is the Indian god of weather and Rama is something else entirely. Granted, consistency is more important.

Jayhawk

If you wanted to complain about how summons don't make sense when referencing their deity, how about Shiva being a female ice queen.

orion434

Preparations for the 2.3 patch are finally ready, I have enough raw materials to sustain myself for a couple of days. This is what I stockpiled:

99 HQ Rose Gold Nugget
99 HQ Darksteel Nugget
99 HQ Hippogryph Leather
99 HQ Spruce Lumber
99 HQ Twinthread
99 HQ Horn Glue
99 HQ Volcanic Rock Salt

45 Animal Fat
45 Peacock Ore
45 Coke
45 Potash
45 Hardened Sap
45 Lime Sulphur

99 HQ Umbral Rock
99 HQ Fragrant Log

I collected the Rocks / Logs before the patch-notes... if anything my Retainers will have shinny new gear.

Converted 110 Various Gathering Type II Materia today, if the new Gathering Gear follows the Militia Bracelet then it caps with +4 Gathering / Perception.

The only problem is that I'm not stocked on myth tomes, if the new ilv 90 Accessories need Emery then I can get 3 at the start.

I also bought out all the Dodore Wings @ 1K before someone did. I suspect they will be sold out for awhile, unless they add new mobs that drop Dodore Wing / Mossy Horn... someone beat me to the horn. I'm not re-listing them on the MB, if someone needs Dodore Wing I'll sell it for a reasonable price ;)

Because of the way they increased the drops/locations of previous crafting materials (Fleece, Pudding Flesh), it wouldn't surprise me if they add in more drop locations for the Moss/Dodore stuff.

Edit-- Maybe even add the items to the list of things Retainers can farm for you.

Jesus, you must be rolling in gil.

As for me I spent the better part of the weekend leveling up my other crafting classes. I got ALC from 20 to 37, WVR, CRP, GLM from around 30 to 38 and BSM from 36 to 45. I spent a lot of leves, but not that much money fortunately (ALC was super cheap, but very leve intensive).

I wanna get all to 50 this week and get started down the master crafter rabbit hole. However I'll be unlocking CT2 first. Really interested if there'll be some good i100 lvl gear for WAR (I could really use some more ACC in my build).

I saw it posted on the Guild Works, but wanted to know if there's going to be a more coordinated effort to get this all-GAF CT2 run going tomorrow. I'm going to be live streaming most of the day, so wanted to maybe have a heads up about when it was happening.

Also, what about an all-GAF Frontline matchup?

orion434

Because of the way they increased the drops/locations of previous crafting materials (Fleece, Pudding Flesh), it wouldn't surprise me if they add in more drop locations for the Moss/Dodore stuff.

Edit-- Maybe even add the items to the list of things Retainers can farm for you.

So far Retainers can't gather anything to create ilv 55 Gear, like Hippogryph Leather or even Clusters, they might add to the list. That Mossy Horn wouldn't come up in the list of possible rewards for the Armorer Leve Quests... spent 20K in Cobalt Ingots... then just broke down and bought 2 off the MB.

Made some Dodore leather but kept some wings just in case I need the base material

Before the notes I had 16 Dodore Wings on my Retainer, I made the Leather and put them all on the MB, just when I saw the notes I went to pull it and someone bought my last one. haha

Jesus, you must be rolling in gil.

As for me I spent the better part of the weekend leveling up my other crafting classes. I got ALC from 20 to 37, WVR, CRP, GLM from around 30 to 38 and BSM from 36 to 45. I spent a lot of leves, but not that much money fortunately (ALC was super cheap, but very leve intensive).

I wanna get all to 50 this week and get started down the master crafter rabbit hole. However I'll be unlocking CT2 first. Really interested if there'll be some good i100 lvl gear for WAR (I could really use some more ACC in my build).

I am usually at the Timed Nodes for Crawler Cocoons, Darksteel / Gold Ore and Spruce Logs. I use my retainers to farm Crystals and Fleece / Snurble Tufts. I only buy Lightning Shards... and hell are they expensive now.

The Master Recipe Books can be bought, so to say. You can buy the HQ Trade-ins, but getting the Artisan Tools... you have to be almost fully melded and use HQ mats. I prepared myself as best I could for what I think we'll need for the new stuff, Good Luck with your Crafting endeavors :)

BadRNG

What number is it recommended we build our CP to. I got mines at 342 is that good enough to go along with CP foods or do I need more
What are you trying to craft? Different rotations for different levels(1,2,3 stars) need different CP. Generally speaking, you want as high as possible though. 345 is current cap I think, but will likely rise a few points with the new i55 accessories. I'd hold off on melding on any of the sub 55 accessories though since they will be getting replaced tomorrow.

ReaperXL7

Br-NajnIUAEmaiE.jpg

Took a week and 3 days but I'm finished with Arms! Animus will be a breeze in comparison.

What are you trying to craft? Different rotations for different levels(1,2,3 stars) need different CP. Generally speaking, you want as high as possible though. 345 is current cap I think, but will likely rise a few points with the new i55 accessories. I'd hold off on melding on any of the sub 55 accessories though since they will be getting replaced tomorrow.
K I think I'll get the other 3 crafts to 50 then when my leve allowance recharges

What number is it recommended we build our CP to. I got mines at 342 is that good enough to go along with CP foods or do I need more

I would really like an indepth guide to get to master crafter, much like the one for endgame for fresh 50s.

I'm not sure how to proceed further, and since screwing up could turn out VERY expensive given the materia involved, I'd very much like to get it right the first time. Of course I'd like such a guide to include 2.3 content.

ReaperXL7

I have bad news for you.

Nothing about the books sounds anywhere near as bad as just grinding fates for eternity. I can cap my myth in a few hours, I can start my crafting while waiting on any fates I need, and it's all tangible gains instead of " I hope I get an Atma out of hundreds of fates". Sure it's still a grind, but not as bad (imo)

BadRNG

I would really like an indepth guide to get to master crafter, much like the one for endgame for fresh 50s.

I'm not sure how to proceed further, and since screwing up could turn out VERY expensive given the materia involved, I'd very much like to get it right the first time. Of course I'd like such a guide to include 2.3 content.
There are plenty of guides out there for melds, as well as rotations for anything you need, google is your friend. The DoH section on official forums has lot of stuff too. As for 2.3 content maybe come back in a week. Would be difficult for any guides to exist for items that aren't out yet. Meld wise everything except the sub -55 accessories should be the same though, so you could meld the stuff for your class's AF gear now just as guides say to. There's not really a way to mess it up unless you do a lower grade then you should, the goal is simply to max out it's stats, which materia you use for the guaranteed slots depend on current prices.

The beginning of 2.3 is likely not the best time to start jumping into crafting though. I imagine prices on all crafting/gathering materia are about to jump up for a week or two as people begin melding out the new pieces. Assuming they haven't already (I know CP IV tripled, haven't checked others.)

edgefusion

The animus books are far, far worse than atma. I waited for 3+ hours on multiple FATEs. Not fun, not good game design, just dull as fuck. Never again.

Alex

I don't need the relic but I'm doing it in my spare time for the hell of it. I think the books are way worse than the atma were. I could at least turn off my brain and grind atma while working or watching television or whatever, with animus it's the same extremely easy busywork but it's much more involved and segmented.

And yeah, be prepared for some of the FATEs. If you think RNG grinding is bad, prepare for the excitement of doing nothing for hours on end while camping in a zone. The Giant Steps one right off of the bat is just an example of how moronic the game design in XIV can be at times. I got lucky and got mine after about an hour, had a friend try for a few hours at a time across a few days and then got up to use the restroom and missed it. Thank god for the real strengths of the PC: multi-monitor and alt-tab.

Redx508

I saw it posted on the Guild Works, but wanted to know if there's going to be a more coordinated effort to get this all-GAF CT2 run going tomorrow. I'm going to be live streaming most of the day, so wanted to maybe have a heads up about when it was happening.

iam down for a all gaf CT2 that's going fun. how would we setup a full gaf pvp match?

300 post!

chris-013

Garuda EX down !!! What a fight so much stuff to keep track as a tank... so good. :D
Vengeance + any def buff + thrill of battle are a life saver against the two wicked wheel. ^^

Still unsure if I should even start doing the books or just use the myth for other things. Not sure I want to be bothered with waiting awhile for FATE's to pop, even though they are trying to fix this thing in 2.3

LowParry

Still unsure if I should even start doing the books or just use the myth for other things. Not sure I want to be bothered with waiting awhile for FATE's to pop, even though they are trying to fix this thing in 2.3

I haven't even started books yet. Suppose this can be a good thing for 2.3. Maybe.

WolvenOne

Books are hecka fun in comparison to Atma or Alexandrites. The books are a lot more varied, and yeah, the Myth and Fate Grind should be a lot easier with the changes coming in 2.3.

aceface

I posted that, I think 10pm eastern on Tuesday will be fine for CT2. I didn't put any more thought into it than whoever is on at that time who has it open can go, but I wanted to post a time so people know to show up then if they want to. If anyone wants to get more into it and start setting up the parties beforehand, be my guest.

chrono01

GYAH! So excited for tomorrow's patch. While I probably won't be running CT2 right away, I'll definitely be enjoying it this weekend when I have time. First I need to work on unlocking it, though, as well as all of the additional content.

It should be fun!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
The first thing i will do will be:

Buy a Private room.
Do the chocobo raising quest, stable my chocobo.
Unlock new dungeons.
Sleep.

Sophia

Crystal Tower, Frontlines, and Monster Hunts. Not sure which one I'll do first. :S

Unlock CT2,unlock new dungeons, play them. <3

So after 12 hours the update will be available for download?

The update should come up for download during the maintenance.

deadeye

I thought that i'd level up miner some more today, but maybe I should do some soldiery runs in prep for the patch?

Well, the cap resets every Tuesday. So, if you're not maxed out for the week yet, you should go ahead and get that done before tomorrow.

I probably should wait before I put this sshd in my ps4 hd cause I'd probably end up having in a long download without even touching it first

If I'm lucky, the patch will be up slightly early and I can download it before I go to bed. Shame I won't be able to do the double DR tomorrow but I'm sure I'll be running the new dungeons plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom