• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Wait, the hub between Turns is NOT an instance?
27403393.876dc2c3.560.jpg

It blew my mind when other people from GAF appeared in there.

Kenai

I think SMN could be improved though, but it's made decently enough. You have the various duration dots to keep ticking all the time and the aetherflow stuff. Mostly I feel the pets should have a more active role. Maybe for the expansion since I assume every class will get a few new skills and probably some reworks. It's a solid DoT+pet class, even though it's not particularily inventive so it feels a bit bland.

I dunno, the way SMN works now is parallel more to BLM, which is the bursty mage vs the SMN more sustained damage over time. I do miss the SMN abilities FF11 SMn had, but as of right now there's not really a place for it without them taking a severe dsp cut for doing so a la bardsong effects.

A BST having temporary pets, though...that might make a lot more sense. It's even a traditional thing. Before 11 did it I think some others did it with the charm/control of wild monsters. Would be cool if some of those wild animals in dungeons now would be tamable by a BST for the run, or if instead of doing normal weaponskills like MNK/DRG ect they were animal abilities/animations or something. Could even be dynamic depending on what you had tamed at the time.

But who knows. They have room for a lot of different jobs and there will be a few we will probably hear about soon.

Well, Selene.
She's trying.

People are starting to wise up to the benefits of a 30% boost to skill/spell speed. It's quite potent and keeps getting better as the ilvl increases.

dcye

Made a char on Ultros for the hell of it. Made a Marauder catgirl (of course). Might see you around if I can be bothered leveling another character. Lhei Ba'ken is the name.

Orcastar

Why are the post-2.0 main scenario quests making me complete lvl thirtysomething dungeons and guildhests that I've already completed a dozen times before?

Jayhawk

Ooh, there will be a Ramuh challenge and a frontlines event at TGS. I hope the JPs carry me to victory, so I can fake it 'til I make it.

TheMink

Is there a gaf FC on Famfrit? My close friend made a character there and begged me to join him because he couldn't get on Sargantas, so i did but i didnt see a FC in the OP for that world so thats kinda a bummer.

Side note when is Rogue/Ninja?

Any suggestions on whether Halatali is worth running through right away? I am only 5 missions away from Toto-Rak, so I was not sure if it was worth it. I have enjoyed the Dungeons so far, but I have also had good luck with team selection.

IMBored

Thanks for the T6 learning party yesterday, although it didn't go that well I learned a lot of what not to do.
Now I have to get some glamours to please Drama tough. I don't want the fashion police on me.

Ooh, there will be a Ramuh challenge and a frontlines event at TGS. I hope the JPs carry me to victory, so I can fake it 'til I make it.

Too bad there isn't a hunt challenge, I'll bet you'd win 1st price.

iammeiam

Any suggestions on whether Halatali is worth running through right away? I am only 5 missions away from Toto-Rak, so I was not sure if it was worth it. I have enjoyed the Dungeons so far, but I have also had good luck with team selection.

Any dungeon that is not Toto-Rak is worth running to minimize the number of times you have to run Toto-Rak.

scy

I think you have to run Halatali for your Grand Company Hunting Log so you might as well run it for that.

Any dungeon that is not Toto-Rak is worth running to minimize the number of times you have to run Toto-Rak.

I will never stop hearing that Leaden sound effect.

I think you have to run Halatali for your Grand Company Hunting Log so you might as well run it for that.

Ah I didn’t even think of that. That makes the decision easy, thanks for the help!

Uh oh, that makes me nervous. What is the problem with Toto-Rak? Is it the design or is there a difficulty jump?

dcye

Why would this be a decision? Weird question.

iammeiam

Uh oh, that makes me nervous. What is the problem with Toto-Rak? Is it the design or is there a difficulty jump?

I have seen it referred to as The Thousand Yawns of Total-Nap, and that's pretty accurate. It's just kind of long, filled with samey dark cave environemnts and corridors, boring trash, lame midbosses, and most of the back half is filled with goo that slows you down. Difficulty is totally not an issue.

Why would this be a decision? Weird question.

Unless I am missing something, it is an optional dungeon. The dungeons have been fun so far, but I am more of a solo player. I am still weary of working with other people not from the FC, so if I don't need to do a dungeon I might skip it for now. It's just a personal thing.

So guys I just joined my Grand Company and was hoping to get my chocobo today. However when I go to the Levemate, he just tells me how nice it is to go back into the field! Does this mean I don't have any Leves? I would have thought they stacked despite you not being in a Grand Company.

So guys I just joined my Grand Company and was hoping to get my chocobo today. However when I go to the Levemate, he just tells me how nice it is to go back into the field! Does this mean I don't have any Leves? I would have thought they stacked despite you not being in a Grand Company.

you might be too low of a level to undertake the leve quests in that area. they usually have an initial quest that opens up all the leve quests in a certain zone.

The way to check the number of leves you have is to go to your journal. At the bottom of the window it'll say how man leves you have remaining.

IvorB

Unless I am missing something, it is an optional dungeon. The dungeons have been fun so far, but I am more of a solo player. I am still weary of working with other people not from the FC, so if I don't need to do a dungeon I might skip it for now. It's just a personal thing.

You will generally need to complete every dungeon for the roulette. Low level roulette is essential for good myth accumulation (unless you do a lot of hunts).

studyguy

So what do you guys have on that super backburner?
I still have to do the sightseeing stuff, I haven't even started it or that questline with no markers.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I still have to do the sightseeing stuff, I haven't even started it or that questline with no markers.

PVP I guess.

I gave up on sightseeing. It's just ridiculous camping/tracking experience, even with skywatchers, all for an apkallu.

I kinda wanna make a whole set of crafted ilvl 90 DPS accesories for my WAR, but there's no point in doing that before finishing my Novus (which I've been very lazy on). Also, the materia is expensive and it will probably be useless in a short while.

- I still have yet to set foot in Frontlines and the longer I stay away, the harder it'll be because everyone will call me a noob and run me out of town like a common pygmy. So I probably won't any time soon. :<
- I've barely touched the sightseeing log.
- I haven't done the postmoogle quests aside from the Baderon one.
- The last couple hundred of reputation points for Sahagin dailies.

I started spending a lot less time in dungeons because I had most of the glamours I wanted, finished my Novus and got my BLM to i110, so I went in hard on crafting. I met my goal of successful three-star crafting, so I'm going to finish levelling up leatherworker to become a builder of the realm and then maybe go fishing. I don't think I'm (emotionally) ready for the Supra grind yet.

I like how there is way too much stuff to do now compared to 2.0, when people would write essays about how there was nothing to do but philo runs, logging in for coil, and writing essays about how there was nothing to do.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
- I still have yet to set foot in Frontlines and the longer I stay away, the harder it'll be because everyone will call me a noob and run me out of town like a common pygmy. So I probably won't any time soon. :<

Hardly. Nobody has time to watch every person in the alliance especially since chances are high 90% of your team is going to be bad anyway.

You will generally need to complete every dungeon for the roulette. Low level roulette is essential for good myth accumulation (unless you do a lot of hunts).

Hmm I did not know that, I guess I will run through every dungeon then. At least until post game. Thanks for the info.

UrSuLeTzU

rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 97!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 44!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 4!
You roll Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 79!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 52!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 27!
obtains a high Allagan grimoire of casting.

Ouch, that hurts me more than you, buddy :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 97!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 44!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 4!
You roll Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 79!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 52!
rolls Greed on the high Allagan grimoire of casting. 27!
obtains a high Allagan grimoire of casting.

Ouch, that hurts me more than you, buddy :(

Fire out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom