• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

I really enjoyed that WAR guide as well, but I don't have the money for ruby accessories :/

the only difference for me is during the opening rotation, if I opened with storm's, the boss would be running to our groups blm/brd. I'm sure this guy deals with dps that are also i110, so I'm not sure how he's holding hate on that initial pull.

Hell, sometimes I'm about lose hate in between skull sunder/ butcher's block. I'm using a i110 weapon too.

There's no reason your BLM/BRD shouldn't be opening with Quelling Strikes. It's also about group synergy. This guy is also packing the HA axe, which has crazy enmity generation just by existing, so you're gonna need to improvise as you see fit.

If a second coil group needs a healer/dps for this week or next, let me know. Our group is on break until then, but I'd still like to try to get in/help others.

WolvenOne

On this subject.

While I'll probably pug for a few more days, if nothing changes I'll probably go ahead and assemble a group of my own. Not, the ideal, since I'm not all that good when it comes to developing strategies, but I like to think I'm decent enough when it comes to handling people. <_<;;

However, if I do this though, it'll probably mean giving up on clearing T9 before 2.4, as I highly doubt I'll be able to find seven other GAFers that're ready to dash into T9. Finding a good group with good long term chemistry is more important of course, but I do oh so hate giving up on clearing T9 before patch. :p

Mesharey

What's the best potion for tanks?
I have one useless slot in the hotbar, might add potion in it for hard situations when the healer can't heal me.

Edit: also best potion for a healer and Bard?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What's the best potion for tanks?
I have one useless slot in the hotbar, might add potion in it for hard situations when the healer can't heal me.

Edit: also best potion for a healer and Bard?

Best potion for a healer is X-Ether.
I played around with X-pots of Mind for a while, none of the encounters (bar Savage?) are tuned for or suppose that kind of burst, while piety starvation might become a real problem in stuff like T8 and T9 (well, for WHM anyway), especially while you're working out the timings.

X-Ether. For second Coil, there're not really many DPS check but there will be times that your team runs out of TP/MP, especially during T8.

Heavensfall?

aceface

Today's message features a tease about Shiva from Lead Animator Shinya Ichida: "Also, we made a new diamond dust effect (and yes, she snaps her fingers) for Shiva, coming in Patch 2.4."

Get hype!!!

tumblr_loe4wysKau1qcq2vho5_500.gif

Will Shiva be another primal people ignore? Poor Ramuh :<

Going to be weird since the ilvl is raising again. If it wasn't, I would say drop an i110 acc and maybe an i100 weapon with rarer chance of i110 weapon and be done with it.

Not sure if it will only drop stuff to help people finish up SCoB or improve overall status to tackle TCoB.

I hope they tie Leviathan, Ramuh, and Shiva in to something important, like maybe a new Primal Focus or even next stage of Relic upgrade.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, wouldn't it be cool if the game had a job that could SUMMON all these new primals...

Didn't FFXI have 7 avatars when SMN was introduced? Carbuncle, Shiva, Titan, Garuda, Leviathan, Ramuh, and Ifrit?

Fenrir came later. Alexander and Odin MUCH later. And then Cait Sith WAY later.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Going to be weird since the ilvl is raising again. If it wasn't, I would say drop an i110 acc and maybe an i100 weapon with rarer chance of i110 weapon and be done with it.

Not sure if it will only drop stuff to help people finish up SCoB or improve overall status to tackle TCoB.

I hope they tie Leviathan, Ramuh, and Shiva in to something important, like maybe a new Primal Focus or even next stage of Relic upgrade.

Let me use Rowena Tokens on those primal ponies.

Wilsongt

Man, wouldn't it be cool if the game had a job that could SUMMON all these new primals...

Didn't FFXI have 7 avatars when SMN was introduced? Carbuncle, Shiva, Titan, Garuda, Leviathan, Ramuh, and Ifrit?

I expect to be able to summon in the expansion. They already have a Ramuh Egi model. I want my Levi egi, though...

Let me use Rowena Tokens on those primal ponies.

Kags pls

Ask YoshiP this when you interiew him again.

iammeiam

I don't know if the Ramuh method of weapons at random is more annoying, or the Levi method of guaranteed weapon with a 0.0000fuckyou% chance at a mirror.

Maybe Shiva will do both!

Tiops

If you are on Ultros, I think we are doing Garuda ex tonight, around 9 eastern or so. You still want to do it Ivor? If anyone else wants to do stuff, I'll be around.
I'm not on Ultros, unfortunately. But I finally beat her yesterday.

Found a group on PF asking for experienced players. We beat her on second try, with no echo and with a summoner that liked to apply DoTs on Spiny Plume.

Easy fight if everyone knows what they're doing.

iammeiam

I'm not on Ultros, unfortunately. But I finally beat her yesterday.

Found a group on PF asking for experienced players. We beat her on second try, with no echo and with a summoner that liked to apply DoTs on Spiny Plume.

Easy fight if everyone knows what they're doing.

Oh hey.

Now you can do Titan.

RIP.

aceface

If they follow the example of Leviathan, then Shiva could be i115 weapons. That would get people running it, especially at first before people clear 3rd coil or get whatever tokens will be necessary to buy i120 weapons.

WolvenOne

Garuda/Titan/Ifrit are mostly a rite of passage, or conversely something you clear on a slow night. The only thing worth farming on them at this point are the Ponies.

Still don't have a single pony tho. T_T;;

-GJ-

I just applied for the GAF guild on Ultros with my character Banana Stand. I had to throw some Arrested Development love in there. Now how do I find someone from the GAF guild in the game world?

edit: I'm level 10 right now, I'm not sure if that matters.

IMBored

I just applied for the GAF guild on Ultros with my character Banana Stand. I had to throw some Arrested Development love in there. Now how do I find someone from the GAF guild in the game world?

edit: I'm level 10 right now, I'm not sure if that matters.

Normally it's easy to find one guild member near the crystal or market of the cities. You can also check the GC office of the city.

Kenai

Yea. Unless you were 70+ and had a job that could beat the avatars though you were sol since until you made a pact with them you couldn't access them, carbuncle only (which ironically looks almost exactly like the carbies in this game). Later they added avatar mini fights though so you could get solo pacts with them at 20.

Alexander and Odin were in the game when I stopped playing but we couldn't summon them yet.

They did announce Levi and Ramuh egis but i don't think we will ever be able to summon the primals directly. Not solo anyway. Heck, a big part of the story is actively destroying them when they appear. So it wouldn't make much sense unless that gets retconned or different primals elsewhere work differently.

dcye

Does anyone have a good up-to-date melding guide for the gathering and crafting classes? I'm looking to get into them properly as they're mostly all at 50 and I never use them.

WolvenOne

just dont actively search for one

do something else and check the PF once every 20 minutes or something

I tried that.

Also tried advertising, didn't work too well since I had to take it down whenever I did a leve.

Even tried asking about joining statics outside the FC.

I'm getting desperate at this point. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom