• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
2hVNlMb.png

FFFFFFFFFF

RRRRGGGGHHHHH

AAAAAARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

WolvenOne

You also have unrealistic expectations on how soon you would find a group at T9 progression needing just one tank. You've been looking for a group for like a week?! Sure, you may have asked around in the Benchwarmers linkshell or in this thread, but that's not a successful approach. Have you put up your own Party Finder? Have you asked around other FCs? Think about how many groups on our server are at T9 progression right now. Not that many. Think about how many of those few groups need a new tank for some reason.

Asked around other FCs, put up party finder, tried to go in as a Dragoon as well. Clear groups just don't want to take in players that haven't seen past golems yet, and there aren't many groups at the very beginning of the fight yet.

So, like I said, need to find something else I want to do in game, that I actually care about. That, or play FFX on the Vita while the PF is up., or something.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I am now a member of the dual screen community.

I have the game set up in full screen and it does only use the one monitor, but if I try to bring up a web browser or in any way click on the off screen, the game minimizes. Is there a setting to fix this?

scy

So, I am now a member of the dual screen community.

I have the game set up in full screen and it does only use the one monitor, but if I try to bring up a web browser or in any way click on the off screen, the game minimizes. Is there a setting to fix this?

You can try System Configuration -> Borderless Windowed.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What's the most efficient way to gather Fragrant Logs and Umbral Rocks?
I'm sitting at 372 Gathering, 355 Perception and 600 GP.

TheMink

So my FC i inherited had like 200k of the FC currency. Any reason i should save it? Or should i just spend it on regular EXP buffs

Its a Rank 5 FC.

WolvenOne

Assuming I get miner upto 50 before the weekend is through, (38 right now,) and assuming I can gear it up over a week or so, how much Gil do you guys think I can earn before the next major patch?

I'm working on leveling Blacksmith too, but it sounds like I need to level a few other classes before I can really start in on high level crafting.

Assuming I get miner upto 50 before the weekend is through, (38 right now,) and assuming I can gear it up over a week or so, how much Gil do you guys think I can earn before the next major patch?

I'm working on leveling Blacksmith too, but it sounds like I need to level a few other classes before I can really start in on high level crafting.

Perhaps you should just level it up and play the market board. 10 times out of 10 when folks ask how to get more money, it usually means play the market board and see what sells.

WolvenOne

Perhaps you should just level it up and play the market board. 10 times out of 10 when folks ask how to get more money, it usually means play the market board and see what sells.

Yeah, just trying to discern whether amassing a decent chunk of gil before the next patch is realistic or not. I'm a very goal oriented gamer, so, finding some worthwhile goals is important to me.

For context, I'm sitting around 1.5 million right now.

Yeah, just trying to discern whether amassing a decent chunk of gil before the next patch is realistic or not. I'm a very goal oriented gamer, so, finding some worthwhile goals is important to me.

For context, I'm sitting around 1.5 million right now.

What is your goal though? If your goal is simply make money, there are so many ways to do that without crafting. You can farm materias by spirit bonding all day and that could net you 1M a day easily.

WolvenOne

What is your goal though? If your goal is simply make money, there are so many ways to do that without crafting. You can farm materias by spirit bonding all day and that could net you 1M a day easily.

That's kinda the rub. Certainly having ample Gil at the beginning of a new patch cycle is handy, since it means you can grab pentameld armor and all that. That isn't useful unless I'm going immediately into second Coil however, and becomes less useful with each passing week as I grab more tome armor.

Finding a new group would be more beneficial long term. But it's still useful to have a steady supply of gil.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SCoB RNG.. 4th kill >> 3rd Crook (WHM Staff), fuck it.. well there's always next week. ;/
Sounds like our situation, though it improved the last two weeks. 10 kills and we got BLM, BLM, SCH, BLM, SCH, WHM, SCH, SCH, BRD, MNK. Or something like that.

Alex

If I can't find something else I care about, I may have to. There simply isn't anything more frustrating then spending hours trying to do content, and not even being able to get into the door.

Pretty much, I tried to do pugs and other nonsense during a two week downtime when our static fell apart. The game is a lot like XI in that the community is about as far from punctual and eager as it

Can't really blame anyone under the current climate, though. There's not a lot of reason to really bother the stress of what upper end content there is with the way things are structured, currently.

studyguy

Managed to one shot 6-8 with pug groups.
Fuck. I should have just done this weeks past.
T9 tomorrow with my other FC's static, hopefully I get something out of it, I lost all the rolls in the pug groups on everything. Least I got to roll though I guess.

Mairu

SCoB RNG.. 4th kill >> 3rd Crook (WHM Staff), fuck it.. well there's always next week. ;/

Our first six kills included 3 paladin weapons! Our next six kills after that included 3 warrior weapons and another paladin weapon! In the next six kills following that we've seen two more warrior weapons! On the bright side, we finally saw every weapon with the dragoon spear dropping three weeks ago. Unfortunately, we still need one more bard weapon as the first bard weapon that dropped went to one of our two bards who quit the game a little bit ago.

WolvenOne

Managed to one shot 6-8 with pug groups.
Fuck. I should have just done this weeks past.
T9 tomorrow with my other FC's static, hopefully I get something out of it, I lost all the rolls in the pug groups on everything. Least I got to roll though I guess.

If you need a guy, let me know. I mean, sure I'm stepping back a bit, but I'm still super thirsty to see more T9. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom