• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Takes like 10 attempts to attach a 35% chance materia.
Then 19% materia attaches on the first try.
Eh, makes sense.

Managed to one shot 6-8 with pug groups.
Fuck. I should have just done this weeks past.
T9 tomorrow with my other FC's static, hopefully I get something out of it, I lost all the rolls in the pug groups on everything. Least I got to roll though I guess.

Best calibur.
Also, I lost T6 boots to scholars twice in PUG and haven't seen them since. Augmented Suffering.

10687520_10152416752781297_9220883156245271812_o.jpg

The horror...

Astra

Leaf Turn 2/Unearth 2 + Toil of the Pioneer/Mountaineer was how I did it.

Ageless words, leaf turn 2, and field mastery was what I did (beef stew for the extra GP). Got my foragers in two days. Loved those lucky nodes where I got 4 or 5 hq logs in one go.
I never use toil, such a waste of GP.

I felt kinda relieve not to get any master craft done earlier after seeing this

23YU3dq.png

45 Cokes for master recipe is such a pain. Do we expect the price to crash anytime soon?

orion434

I felt kinda relieve not to get any master craft done earlier after seeing this

23YU3dq.png

45 Cokes for master recipe is such a pain. Do we expect the price to crash anytime soon?

It's not so much that the prices crash... there will be one person who will purchase 50+ at a time for desynth purposes and keeps the price swinging like mad.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Remember, Yoship promised economy will shift greatly in 2.4
A part of me hopes not to live to see that!

Kenai

Remember, Yoship promised economy will shift greatly in 2.4
A part of me hopes not to live to see that!

I'm wondering if he meant recipes/materia for NIN or if he meant new vanity/recipes for weddings or something else entirely. I haven't heard anything along the lines of desynthesis-style shakeups yet.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
w
I'm wondering if he meant recipes/materia for NIN or if he meant new vanity/recipes for weddings or something else entirely. I haven't heard anything along the lines of desynthesis-style shakeups yet.

I imagine they want to add a new grind tier every major patch.
Like... Item level cap is gonna be raised, so this means there'll have to be new crafted gear items... Mastercraft II or something like that. Maybe they'll require Supras or Supras and a new x-class gear piece or even god forbid new crafter AF. Right now Supras are not needed with exception of catching Aetherlouse (lol fishing). So it's just gonna raise with newer and newer stat tiers unless they actually go easy this time and let people catch up for a patch (as if, there are already plenty of people with Supras and even some with all of them, nothing stops this train). This is just a facet of their design approach that doesn't seem to even care about power creep it brings.

Kenai

I imagine they want to add a new grind tier every major patch. Like... Item level cap is gonna be raised, so this means there'll have to be new crafted gear items... Mastercraft II or something like that. Maybe they'll require Supras or Supras and a new x-class gear piece or even god forbid new crafter AF. Right now Supras are not needed with exception of catching Aetherlouse (lol fishing). So it's just gonna raise with newer and newer stat tiers unless they actually go easy this time and let people catch up for a patch (as if, there are already plenty of people with Supras and even some with all of them, nothing stops this train). This is just a facet of their design approach that doesn't seem to even care about power creep it brings.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added something that makes Supras and the newer rings/belts/earrings more desirable (I don't see new AF being in the cards without a level increase though, unless it isn't crafted). I also wouldn't be surprised at new recipes, especially with a new class/job, personal housing, and marriage ceremonies on the horizon.

But I also think that they pay attention to how many people have made progress regarding things like Demateria crafts and such. I'm willing to bet that thee majority of the playerbase doesn't even have a single demateria class at//near 100 yet (that sh*t is a grind akain to Atma + Books), and several of them are stuck making one type of demateria 3 (or none if you are CUL).. So i am not sure they are gonna raise the demateria tier just yet, unless they make the prior easier to get Fieldcraft 3s (quest reward?) They are a huge bottleneck right now and increasing the need/desire for them at this point and nothing else seems like a bad idea. Heck, the Ixali dailies suggest SE is trying to make crafting more attractive. A bigger bottleneck would not do that at all.

I know SE and the playerbase doesn't always see eye to eye on what they think is a problem, but at least with things like Novus there was the option of choosing other materia than Crit/Det 4s, even if it wasn't ideal, and things like Primal demateria are for vanity whch SE probably doesn't care as much about price on (although they said they were looking into that too I think?). There is no option besides Fieldcraft 3s here, and lots of them. 5 mill + of mats per Supra here on Ultros, easily.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
But I also think that they pay attention to how many people have made progress regarding things like Demateria crafts and such. I'm willing to bet that thee majority of the playerbase doesn't even have a single demateria class at//near 100 yet (that sh*t is a grind akain to Atma + Books), and several of them are stuck making one type of demateria 3 (or none if you are CUL).. So i am not sure they are gonna raise the demateria tier just yet, unless they make the prior easier to get Fieldcraft 3s (quest reward?) They are a huge bottleneck right now and increasing the need/desire for them at this point and nothing else seems like a bad idea. Heck, the Ixali dailies suggest SE is trying to make crafting more attractive. A bigger bottleneck would not do that at all.

Everybody around me who I see tackling high-end crafting seriously does GSM desynth. Because everything else is simply way too sub-optimal. So people who don't want to be stuck don't have to. Anyway, that's nice and dandy, but after they changed the way spiritbinding worked effectively making IVs even rarer and pricier than they deserve to be now, can we really trust them with making a right decision here instead?

iammeiam

This has been a good weekend for fishing.

- Fished up an Octomammoth that turned into a Pareo (that nobody will buy)

- Apparently fished up an HQ Gigantshark at some point that I only found while cleaning up inventory, and it turned into a South Seas Talisman (that nobody will buy)

- Fished up a judgeray at 9PM on the dot and Theda showed up.

Not any of the super rare or big-ticket stuff, but it's a nice change from fine sand and failure.

I'm one of those who has trouble with Demateria. My BSM now at lv is at LV 69 and the only option for me to level forward is to desyn i55 crafting gears, which I have no problem if I can make some money in return. Sadly no. The best reward for breaking i55 crafting gears is Fieldcraft Demimateria II, which can be sold for fucking next to nothing. It is really weird, considering Fieldcraft Demimateria I can net me 10K a piece.

I'm one of those who has trouble with Demateria. My BSM now at lv is at LV 69 and the only option for me to level forward is to desyn i55 crafting gears, which I have no problem if I can make some money in return. Sadly no. The best reward for breaking i55 crafting gears is Fieldcraft Demimateria II, which can be sold for fucking next to nothing. It is really weird, considering Fieldcraft Demimateria I can net me 10K a piece.

You can make and break PVP gear for a chance at Battlecraft Demimateria II, which is worth a bit more. (It'll be expensive to do unless you can easily get the mats though.)

I might finally get into GSM desynth only because I'm tired of paying outrageous amounts of money for fieldcraft demimateria 1 and I need quite a bit more to make gathering accessories for my two characters....-_-

You can make and break PVP gear for a chance at Battlecraft Demimateria II, which is worth a bit more. (It'll be expensive to do unless you can easily get the mats though.)

Yeah I think I'm gonna do that. I just can't see myself wasting dozens of i55 gears for nothing anymore. At least Frontline is enjoyable.

Kenai

Everybody around me who I see tackling high-end crafting seriously does GSM desynth. Because everything else is simply way too sub-optimal. So people who don't want to be stuck don't have to. Anyway, that's nice and dandy, but after they changed the way spiritbinding worked effectively making IVs even rarer and pricier than they deserve to be now, can we really trust them with making a right decision here instead?

That in itself is a problem SE is more likely to fix than simply making an entirely new tier while the current one is so lopsided. This is how they "fixed" several crafts and made them matter again. They are actually pretty consistent in how they do things. If they see something as a problem, they work on it pretty quickly and ussually have a "solution" a patch or two later. Aka CUL sucks let's make food last 30 min for sure. Aka ALC sucks let's add Terminus Putty. Aka HQ mats suck let's make 3 star so they matter for something. I see the at-this-time unnecessary Dodore/Supra/Mosshorn/Rosegold type stuff aka current bis gear getting relevant/popular and becoming a standard before they add too many new higher tier items.

But for Atma related stuff, they still don't see it as a problem, or at least not a big one, especially materia 4s. People were so sure they were going to buff Atma drops, how long has it been now? And Novus is waaay newer. They were simply more concerned with preventing stupidity in ST, spiritbonding parties in places like Urth's gift still remain untouched (and werre always the fastest way anyway). And even then there's Coil so there's always been more than one way to get stuff, and I wouldn't even be surprised if they'd expect min/maxers to not care about slotting all 4s because they'd have Coil lewts already since those are the true BiS (not that I agree with their indifference mind you).

Again, not the case with Fieldcraft 3 to Supra There is no other option, no sidestepping it. At this rate I am actually worried GSM might take a hit, or at the very least remain stuck where it is while other classes become the new hotness. SE does seem to like cracking down on "bandwagons" if they are unintended (sux for me since I seriously did level GSM desynth before it was cool). Since I leveled Alch too though maybe they will give me something else to level on besides freaking Primal weapons.

Talaysen

I'm going to be really annoyed if they hit GSM desynth too hard, since with the stupid desynth level cap it's going to be a pain to raise up another desynth class to take its place.

orion434

I might finally get into GSM desynth only because I'm tired of paying outrageous amounts of money for fieldcraft demimateria 1 and I need quite a bit more to make gathering accessories for my two characters....-_-

Thousand Needle Weaver Tool is pretty cheap to make, has only 2 mats and can give 2x Fieldcraft I, it's what I use to create them :)

If anyone is in Believe can you let me know if you still need me as SCH or not tonight? Haven't heard anything today yet. You can PST in-game.

Leveling Miner/Botanist is so boring and slow.

Frazley

Finished Main Scenario! Had a Praetorium run that rushed right through it. Had to skip cutscenes and watch again in the inn. I'm thankful for the inn!

Now onto post-main scenario main scenario quests! :)

Finished Tomo-Rak, but my group decided not to watch the final cutscene and just fight the boss without me. Not a big deal, just kind of funny. Wound up with a commendation for it also for some reason. That green goop during then last part is certainly annoying.

Edit: Welcome aboard! This is only my second MMO, but I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Tiops

Got through T5 today finally :D

Really impossible with Duty Finder. Found a static group looking for a Paladin and they agreeded to help me with T5 so they could start Second Coil. Got to around 50% of Rafflesia's HP, but one of the DPSs had to leave so we're only trying again next week. But things look hard :(

Oh, and Titan EX is impossible at Duty Finder too.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Well it took a lot more patience than I ever imagined but I finally got the only title I'll ever bother with:

Thanks to everyone in the FC who ever called out an S, rain danced with me, or helped me scout for them!

Jeels

Spent several hours on Titan Ex... :( Watching a video ended up helping but then other people suck too. Getting nowhere.

Munba

New artbook announced, The Art of Eorzea - Another Dawn, ralease date on October 17:

10676137_685978018157916_5851943688607187545_n.jpg

So must buy.
(its release coincides with Fan Festival, hope it'll include also the new expansion art)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
New artbook announced, The Art of Eorzea - Another Dawn, ralease date on October 17:

Wc1pZp1.jpg

Also, I don't recognize the gear.
WHM looks like High Allagan but what's that on SCH miqo'te?

Also, it comes with the Wind-up Enterprise code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom