• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

New artbook announced, The Art of Eorzea - Another Dawn, ralease date on October 17:
\\

So must buy.
(its release coincides with Fan Festival, hope it'll include also the new expansion art)

that better not be square enix store only

and plenty of
url%5D

I see you in there, our little Leeroy!

Also, I need that art book.

iammeiam

Tomo and Chocolate beat Turn 8.

With special guests Asami's Explanations, Avatar Korra explaining Asami's explanations to an often confused audience, and Lightning's clothes and hairstyle serving as a beacon of inspiration to us all. Also contains bonus footage at the end.

(Sorry about the camera--I'd have angled it differently if I'd realized sooner that was The Run and that I'd be saving it, but you hardly get to see Choco at all. Also behold how long it took me to realize I had field at the end there.)

(Also special thanks to my iPad for hanging in there and powering mumble all the way through before the battery crapped out minutes later.)

WolvenOne

Also.

WAR Off-Tank for Leviathan Extreme is interesting, but not something I'd heartily recommend for your average group. Best way to deal with this configuration, is to have sufficient DPS to get past second Spume's, without using LB, so you can LB3 down the second Wave Sahagin Add in a single shot, before it has a chance to even start casting Dreadwash.

Also, it's REALLY satisfying to see Bookey single shot that jerk like that.. XD

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Any crafters have recommendations for 40 durability macros while leveling that are good for boosting quality of the item / XP per item made?

Baleoce

I know it may depend largely on the economy, but, once you've no longer any need for mythology (in terms of books etc), what is the best thing to spend it on, material wise?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I know it may depend largely on the economy, but, once you've no longer any need for mythology (in terms of books etc), what is the best thing to spend it on, material wise?

If you don't actually plan to use these mats for crafting yourself, check market board!
I believe Raziqsand goes really well these days because it's used in i90 accs.

Put a lot of time into this at the weekend. Considering I've never played an MMO before, it was difficult to get to grips with the sheer overload of menus and navigating the UI on a PS4 controller.

The game is amazing though. I wish I'd started on this a year ago. Joined the GAF FC, done a couple of dungeons and I should end up with a Chocobo by tonight.

Looks like Destiny isn't going to get much action. I'm hooked on this.

lunchtoast

We may have gone through 3 healers but was able to beat Garuda last night. The only person who had done it before was a BLM I know. Glad I was able to do it with 2 people I know. I was on the phone with the tank the whole time. 1 more lvl and I'll have Garuda myself :)

Any crafters have recommendations for 40 durability macros while leveling that are good for boosting quality of the item / XP per item made?

This will entirely depend on what cross class skills you have available and your CP. For the lower levels Waste Not will be the most useful cross class I think, since you won't really be able to afford Manipulation.

Raziqsand and Emery. It goes back and forth between the 2, since both are needed for ilvl90 accessories.

Started today with my miner at 38, ended it at 50 with near full AF.

..... Onto the next goal!

Are you fully melded? You can't call yourself a miner until you can HQ 2* stuff, so there's your next goal. You probably won't be able to recoup the cost before 2.4 though, so if your goal was to make money, you stopped at the right place.

TheMink

After i get my DRG to 50 I'm going to work on crafting classes again, my armorer is already 50 but i feel like i still cant even make anything worth a damn haha, cant make the next quest item. (I'm still outfitted like a lvl 35, dont know where to get better gear) What should i do next?

Frazley

Got my Dalamund Red chocobo! Thanks Drama! Love the look and color.

Finished Praetorium on a speed-run and then sat in my inn room watching cutscenes. A great end to the game actually! Glad it continues afterwards.

Doing Hildibrand quests, these have to be my favorite quests. I doubt I'm alone on that front.

After i get my DRG to 50 I'm going to work on crafting classes again, my armorer is already 50 but i feel like i still cant even make anything worth a damn haha, cant make the next quest item. (I'm still outfitted like a lvl 35, dont know where to get better gear) What should i do next?
Level all of them in paralell. That way, you can reuse the gear and upgrade as you go. Or, if you want to have an easier time, get CUL to 37, WVR and CRP to 50 first. You can also level gathering too and be self sufficient.

Doing the above, I made some money while levelling everything instead of buying things in the market.

Robin64

Today I get to find out if the (Hard) label on Bowl of Embers at 50 is true or not. I barely qualify, 2 ilvls above what you need, should I go in anyway?

Frazley

540d942022c39224481b4078.jpg

Just had to share the picture of my chocobo Sirius! I am so happy right now! :D Had to take a picture in the light of a lamp post because it was dark. Even in glowing light it looks cool. So I am the Green Haired Bibinasu "Bulbasaur" Tatanasu with a red chocobo and right now he is wearing the blue plumed cap.

Valor

Today I get to find out if the (Hard) label on Bowl of Embers at 50 is true or not. I barely qualify, 2 ilvls above what you need, should I go in anyway?

Yeah, you should. Ifrit HM is pretty much identical to story mode, except there's four nails instead of one and a couple more charges and explosions. Then again, I've done it a lot so it feels routine now. Go give it a shot.

iammeiam

Quick PSA: Moonfire Faire and The Rising end in about a half hour I think.

If you haven't gotten your kimonos, wind-up Minfilias and Thancreds, bomb dances, or huzzah emotes yet, get them now.

More importantly, if you don't have about 20 stacks of Realm Reborn Red sitting on a retainer, you need to address that immediately.

Finally beat Garuda Extreme last night, with 30 secs left on the clock! Stressful times. I went back to Urianger and I think I've unlocked Titan and Leviathan now? Or do I have to beat Titan first to unlock the rest?

iammeiam

Finally beat Garuda Extreme last night, with 30 secs left on the clock! Stressful times. I went back to Urianger and I think I've unlocked Titan and Leviathan now? Or do I have to beat Titan first to unlock the rest?

Titan is a big enough ass-pain that he's no longer mandatory for anything but Ifrit. I still like to see new people doing it because it's a learning process (and the first pre-Twin fight you will absolutely be stuck on for a while), but loot/progression-wise it's not going to stop you from doing anything.

Ramuh rings are going to get pretty tasty in 2.38:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...#25972;意見?p=2420715#post2420715
  • Rings dropped by Ramuh are becoming i110
  • Rings you've obtained already will be raised to i110 automatically

Oh god. sum1 ramoo carry plz.

Frazley

If you haven't gotten your kimonos, wind-up Minfilias and Thancreds, bomb dances, or huzzah emotes yet, get them now.

More importantly, if you don't have about 20 stacks of Realm Reborn Red sitting on a retainer, you need to address that immediately.

Thanks for the heads up, I went and picked up a bunch of Realm Reborn Red.

Are the bomb dances even going to stay?
Last time they stuck around for the length of the event.

Hope so, Bomb Dance is my favorite dance right now. Can someone try it out as soon as the event ends?

iammeiam

Stood in the Aftcastle as the event despawned around me. We're now having a small /bombdance party, so it looks like it's sticking around this time? Or it's on a different timer than the event itself, but I'm guessing it's just a permanent emote now.

Frazley

Stood in the Aftcastle as the event despawned around me. We're now having a small /bombdance party, so it looks like it's sticking around this time? Or it's on a different timer than the event itself, but I'm guessing it's just a permanent emote now.

Yay! Bombdance is one of my favorite emotes for finishing a dungeon run! I also do huzzah for victories after boss fights.

dcye

Thanks for this, I had been putting off buying the minions through sheer laziness and had to sprint upstairs and log in the buy them with 1 minute to spare.

Ramuh rings are going to get pretty tasty in 2.38:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...#25972;意見?p=2420715#post2420715
  • Rings dropped by Ramuh are becoming i110
  • Rings you've obtained already will be raised to i110 automatically

Very interesting. Guess I'm i110 now, which is cool. Still need that T8 Ring of Aiming '-_-

Welp now folks are gonna start doing Ramuh...I hope.

Of course the two times I could have got a ring, I let others have them because they needed them more...drat

studyguy

2.38 soon featuring:

Awesome Rings

Cid Minions

Maybe a house of your own?

Waifu weddings and implied sexual relations between two races of vastly different proportions (I'm looking at you roe/lala's)

What a time to be in Eorzea.
Get those prenups ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom