• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Is Atma rate getting boosted for 2.3?

Also...

What would be the best crafting class for a BLM, weaver?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Man, I don't know shit about Japanese, but wouldn't ティターン be more like "tay-tahn"? They could've done something with that.

Opposite actually, the primal is tay-tahn (could've inferred that from the song), and Phlegethon-to-be is teetahn
They sayd Tytan would look stupid.

Question about levequest allowances. I'm currently at zero allowances. Since tomorrow is Tuesday, will the allowance count reset back to 100 or will it just go up by 3 like any other day?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Question about levequest allowances. I'm currently at zero allowances. Since tomorrow is Tuesday, will the allowance count reset back to 100 or will it just go up by 3 like any other day?

It refreshes at the rate of +3 every 12 hours regardless of any other counter.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

3 every 6h i think.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is Atma rate getting boosted for 2.3?

Also...

What would be the best crafting class for a BLM, weaver?
They're boosting up the spawn timers for FATE's so I guess that could be considered a buff for Atma.

As for crafting classes, they all share cross class skills the same way the battle classes do so it's easier to craft HQ stuff if you level multiple classes. I haven't finished leveling mine but I'm noticing I'll need Weaver, Leatherworker, and Goldsmith for my BLM repairs. I'll also need to level up Alchemist so I can stop relying on the Marketboard for Mega Ethers and Culinarian is nice to have so I can make my own food. There's also Carpenter for the lv 50 cross class skill which is supposed to be the best one.

Isaccard

FUCK!
twcsucks.jpg

WolvenOne

Okay, don't mean to grumble, but here goes.

PSA: New Paladins out there, if you don't know what shield oath is, and why you're constantly losing enmity in Garuda Extreme, you don't know how to play your class right! Please take the time to read the description of each part of your move set, so you don't waste an hour of peoples time on a patch day, thank you very much.

Second PSA: If everyone is yelling at you to stop killing the spiny Plume, each and every turn, and you keep doing it, then you don't know the mechanics of the fight, please don't lie and tell people you know what you're doing.

Third PSA: If Spiny Plume stacks are at 3, and you insist it was at 1, even after the entire parties wiped, congratulations, you can't count.

Xux

Gosh, I can believe Parley's coming back. I remember spending 20ish minutes trying to outluck the CPU playing that shit in a story instance in 1.0.

iammeiam

Full patch notes are up.

Reading material while waiting to be able to download. Hurray.

Edit: LOL:

* As of patch 2.3, free company members who have purchased private chambers cannot be discharged from the free company. This will be addressed in a future update, so as private chambers will be vacated automatically upon discharging.

Azrael

On the fence as to whether I should buy a private room or wait for personal housing. I think they said a small house will be about a million gil. I should be able to afford one by the time they add player housing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hahaha these recipes jesus christ, they're taking that vanity up to eleven.
Wanna dye your AF? Better spend a shitload on it.

iammeiam

Hahaha these recipes jesus christ, they're taking that vanity up to eleven.
Wanna dye your AF? Better spend a shitload on it.

And everything is chock full of demimateria, holy shit. The primal weapons all require three of what sounds like a not-guaranteed drop from a desynth anyway, and some of these require a rank III demimateria and TEN rank IIs. It's gonna get interesting.

Like, the Moogle Monk weapon recipe:

Demimog Demimateria x3
Battlecraft Demimateria III x10
Kingly Whisker
Saurian Leather x3
Cobalt Ingot

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
And everything is chock full of demimateria, holy shit. The primal weapons all require three of what sounds like a not-guaranteed drop from a desynth anyway, and some of these require a rank III demimateria and TEN rank IIs. It's gonna get interesting.

Like, the Moogle Monk weapon recipe:

Demimog Demimateria x3
Battlecraft Demimateria III x10
Kingly Whisker
Saurian Leather x3
Cobalt Ingot

Seems a bit extreme for an i95 weapon...

dwix

Pumped for 2.3...

I still need to do my first-time runs of all the EX Primals and Coil of Bahamut - so feel free to exploit the bonus!

The change in myth tomes for DR is awesome -- come to me i90 :)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Kagari, anyway we can get this thread moved back to Gaming General and change the OP to reflect the new patch?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
On the fence as to whether I should buy a private room or wait for personal housing. I think they said a small house will be about a million gil. I should be able to afford one by the time they add player housing.

Yeah after reading that you don't get your money back after vacating and that a future patch will make you auto vacate after a guild kick I'm thinking it might be best if I just save some money for a house.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
FFXIV is super casual, you know.

They seem to want to pander to that core? Savage Coil, insane crafter grinds, materia market getting out of control, none of that sounds casual.
You can casually play one DoW/DoM through story and endgame, sure, but if you want to take the most out of the game? No way that is casual.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Looking forward to trying the hunts when the patch is up. Really enjoyed that sort of thing in FFXII. It looks like most of the stuff that I'm interested in requires one to be level capped, though, so I'll need to get on that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They seem to want to pander to that core? Savage Coil, insane crafter grinds, materia market getting out of control, none of that sounds casual.
You can casually play one DoW/DoM through story and endgame, sure, but if you want to take the most out of the game? No way that is casual.

Yeah but casual players like the vanity stuff more. And they will buy it.

Teknoman

Im interested in how the redone models for old sword weapons will look, especially since all the shortswords and daggers seem like they'll be recategorized as Rogue/Ninja.

WolvenOne

Okay, so I only want to know one thing. How expensive is it going to be to make my AF dyable?

I mean, if you have to use DemiMateria and all that, which last I heard was related to the whole dyable AF thing.

Wow, a lot of these recipes are overkill material wise...

Also, each Craft has a recipe that uses the item from the 2.2 Crafting Mastery quests. I wonder how many we'll need to make this time? Presumably you'll be making these to gain access to the Demimateria recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom