• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Oh but I do.

140.jpg
Highlander/Highlander or bust.

Valor

Why would they make the rings i110 and the weapons, which are much harder to get, stay at 100? Hopefully they at least up the drop rate for them.

Robin64

Yeah, you should. Ifrit HM is pretty much identical to story mode, except there's four nails instead of one and a couple more charges and explosions. Then again, I've done it a lot so it feels routine now. Go give it a shot.

Well, I braved it and did it! Fantastic fight. Love the new stuff he does, though I did get caught in a few large floor fires.

AND I won a freaking Ifrit's Harpoon! Awww yiss.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So after praising this game till dawn and a wild offer popping up (Son of a gun got a PS4 for $300 from a relative that was 2 weeks old) for my friend and after giving him a friend reccomendation (Oh yeah exclusive Chocobo Mount here I come) he finally got FFXIV and he's really enjoying it.Of course I had to renew my subscription to play with him (I was off for 2.5 months to catch up to some backlog).

-LOL Inspector Hildebrand quest line is hilarious! I'm really looking forward to the next one.

-Corpse Groom Quest was sure something....I'm willing to bet Edda will be the boss for Tam-Tara Deepcroft Extreme in the future.

-They seriously need to add actual useable storage furniture to the Private Rooms/Chambers.

-Ran out of storage space so I coughed up the dough for the extra 2 Retainers.

But yeah I'm back in the saddle and maybe later I will do some more end game content but for now I got to level up my Fisher.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Going to try and go all in with two stats on my SMN Novus. Little way intot he tier I melds, so I have a question.

Is it better to cap one stat then work on the other, or to meld them fairly equally?

Frazley

Found out from someone on the FFXIV forums that all item codes are universal, so I have now ordered the FFXIV Artbook from Amazon Japan.

studyguy

And you're likely gonna need all this just to craft these new sets.
Jump in.

I'll get by with my ghetto sets. Bare minimum, bare minimum besides the sets I already own.

Shit's too expensive with tier I crafting materia rolling 14kea on my server at times.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You're like 2 craftsmanship short of the max you can get on the body. You like to craft dangerously.

I moved it to offhand because fuck it I'm not getting 16 IVs.
I can HQ some 2-stars already with less melds than that so... idk.

NeOak

2.38 soon featuring:

Waifu weddings and implied sexual relations between two races of vastly different proportions (I'm looking at you roe/lala's)

What a time to be in Eorzea.
Get those prenups ready.

Wait, you serious?

A friend of mine has like 5 guys in our FC asking her for marriage. I don't want to miss the drama!

WolvenOne

Glad that I have a reason to actually FARM Ramuh now. The weapons are nice vanity, and decent for alt classes, but they dropped so rarely that effectively farming them really doesn't seem viable. Now though, well, I REALLY want two of those rings now. Mostly the Slaying ring, but the Tank ring will be nice too.

Also, made 130K on my first round on mined goods. Mostly just large stacks of items that sell for a moderate amount. Not the jackpot items miners usually go after, but it'll get me by until I've Spiritbound enough materia for my set.

studyguy

Wait, you serious?

A friend of mine has like 5 guys in our FC asking her for marriage. I don't want to miss the drama!

I've been petitioned by some cats.
Utterly disgusting. Would sooner marry a Sahagin.
And yeah apparently it's 2.4, but I haven't seen anyone post where the info came from.
Was it in a live letter?

NeOak

And yeah apparently it's 2.4, but I haven't seen anyone post where the info came from.
Was it in a live letter?

Yeah, it has been hinted in the letters from the producer.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Was it in a live letter?
I hope you get married to a sylph.

WolvenOne

Been wondering about how exactly they're going to handle weapon progression next patch.

On one hand, it'd be a shame for there not to be Shiva weapons. On the other hand, they've talked a few times about having another Primal Focus chain, once they had another three Primals to work with, (Mog doesn't count, so Shiva makes 3.)

The only way I can think to reconcile this, would be to make Shiva weapons a normal 115 drop, and to hide an Upgrade Item behind a once weekly Primal Focus chain, that'll bump it up to ilvl120.

Pro: It'd be a heck of a lot better than mirror drops, but you still wouldn't be able to upgrade all your weapons super quickly. It'd also force people to regularly farm earlier Primals, adding more life to that content.

Con: Seems like a sort of, obtuse solution, so I'd be surprised if they actually went that way. Additionally, while you wouldn't be able to upgrade all your weaponry super quickly, it'd still be faster than using Mirror drops. They might be able to get closer by adding accessory drops to the loot table as well, but that'd be even more obtuse.

How do you all suspect they're going to handle weapon progression?

studyguy

How do you all suspect they're going to handle weapon progression?

Next patch is a coil patch, right?
High Allagan weapons will become obsolete just as the Allagan weaponry did when Second Coil was added. No reason to assume any different. Things get adjusted down if need be and everyone continues on the treadmill. I would suspect an i110 primal weapon that bumped up to i115 at minimum with some shitty mirror-esque mechanic. New coil probably has a new weapon somewhere, hell if I know, just expect bigger ilevels

WolvenOne

Next patch is a coil patch, right?
High Allagan weapons will become obsolete just as the Allagan weaponry did when Second Coil was added. No reason to assume any different. Things get adjusted down if need be and everyone continues on the treadmill.

That's a given though. I was thinking more along the lines of the, intermediate weapons, between current High Allagan and next patches Allagan Relic Weapons, (or whatever.)

Basically, the weapons akin to Leviathan and Soldiery weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom