• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

I must say this last page or so has been VERY entertaining to read. Maybe even glorious.

Ramuh ring becomes true BIS then for a lot of classes.

I feel soooooooo justified in our static doing that ahead of time. Both our casters and both our healers got them because our right side stuff just hasn't been dropping.

Wait, you serious?

A friend of mine has like 5 guys in our FC asking her for marriage. I don't want to miss the drama!

Hooking up is a thing now, yes. Although it is coming out in 2.4 at the earliest so we have some time. i also think you need to apply to reserve the church for the ceremony (no I am not joking).

Is there any gameplay implication of marriage?

Various vanity items, including a groom tux, bridal gown, two-person "marriage" chocobo, and wedding ring with customized text (at least they let you do customized text in 11 so hopefully that will return). They also let you teleport to your spouse's side in 11 so maybe we can do that here too.

I do believe they also said they wanted to add extra content specifically for married couples in the future (quests I guess?) if it was popular enough. i don't think that's gonna be a problem, for some reason.

studyguy

That's a given though. I was thinking more along the lines of the, intermediate weapons, between current High Allagan and next patches Allagan Relic Weapons, (or whatever.)

Basically, the weapons akin to Leviathan and Soldiery weapons.

More of the same, new weapons to hit i115 minimum if not i120 max outside of coil drops. The coil will prob cap out at i125 if they don't crunch. I dunno, a primal will probably match the new "tome" turn in weapons if they work that way. Novus will get a new line that will still be useless. I have 0 faith in the relic line any longer.

Ken, us there anyway you could be on for our T9 practice tonight? We run at 8pm Mountain.

If I don't hear anything from our SCH tonight, that is a strike 2 which as a new person in the static is all he gets.

Yea, it's not available anymore (or pre-orders haven't been opened yet). What are the chances it will be localized?

Ramuh rings are going to get pretty tasty in 2.38:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...#25972;意見?p=2420715#post2420715
  • Rings dropped by Ramuh are becoming i110
  • Rings you've obtained already will be raised to i110 automatically

Last time somebody told me something would "automatically" upgrade, it was wrong. Was told the i95 Levi shields would "automatically" upgrade to i100, but in reality Levi would just (rarely) drop i100 shields in addition to the i95. So I hope this is really true.

how is running casual content like dungeons of CT on vita remote play? possible?

Yes, it's perfectly possible. I do all my roulettes there.

7 more to go!

Keepers of the Moon have the highest mind base stat

Is craft III more expensive on your server than control III for some reason? It's the cheapest of those materia on Ultros by a wide margin. Weird it could be so different on another server (since craft III is less useful than craft II on a lot of melds for example).

Ken

Ken, us there anyway you could be on for our T9 practice tonight? We run at 8pm Mountain.

If I don't hear anything from our SCH tonight, that is a strike 2 which as a new person in the static is all he gets.

what

i think you got tthe wrong guy

i never agreed to this ;_;

NeOak

Hooking up is a thing now, yes. Although it is coming out in 2.4 at the earliest so we have some time. i also think you need to apply to reserve the church for the ceremony (no I am not joking).

I know about the marriage system for 2.4. Thing is, AFAIK she doesn't want to marry anyone. What i meant is that I wanna be there for the telenovela that may develop over wanting to marry her lol, so i want to know exactly when it will be introduced since she has 2 characters that she actively plays and even does SCOB with both.

For a moment i thought they were moving it up to 2.38 lol

Unless by hookups you mean something else in 2.38?

WolvenOne

More of the same, new weapons to hit i115 minimum if not i120 max outside of coil drops. The coil will prob cap out at i125 if they don't crunch. I dunno, a primal will probably match the new "tome" turn in weapons if they work that way. Novus will get a new line that will still be useless. I have 0 faith in the relic line any longer.

Mmm, I'm thinking Coil gear will max out at 135, for the weapons. They went with a 20ivl increment before, I have no idea why they wouldn't do it again.

A 115 weapon dropping somewhere seems inevitable. They'll want a means for people to get a High Allagan equivalent weapon quickly so they can start third Coil. Or alternatively, so they have a better shot at clearing T9.

Next Relic is going to be interesting, since it'll be available before the next ilvl cap, if albeit briefly.

Curious whether it'll match High Allagan, surpass it, or if it'll be cosmetic like Atma.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mmm, I'm thinking Coil gear will max out at 135, for the weapons. They went with a 20ivl increment before, I have no idea why they wouldn't do it again.

A 115 weapon dropping somewhere seems inevitable. They'll want a means for people to get a High Allagan equivalent weapon quickly so they can start third Coil. Or alternatively, so they have a better shot at clearing T9.

Next Relic is going to be interesting, since it'll be available before the next ilvl cap, if albeit briefly.

Curious whether it'll match High Allagan, surpass it, or if it'll be cosmetic like Atma.
People are pretty much already over-geared to clear T9.

studyguy

Only reason I guess 125 is due to the fact that they did a small crunch at the endgame level last coil. Now that probably had more to do with the existing ilvl content from 1.0 carried over, but I'd hope they keep the ilvls low anyway. I don't want to see +300 STR weaponry anytime soon.

WolvenOne

Presumably this is the last ilvl cap raise we'll see until the expansion, so it'll have to last awhile. Speaking for myself, if they handle gear progression similarly to 2.2, but only raise the cap ten levels, I'll be at or near the new cap well before 2.4 ends, leaving me with very little to do for months.

Going by increments of twenty, keeps the gear progression treadmill going longer. Frankly I think that's more important than keeping weapon strength under 300. Especially when you consider that weapon stats will likely be slightly reworked come expansion time.

studyguy

Presumably this is the last ilvl cap raise we'll see until the expansion, so it'll have to last awhile. Speaking for myself, if they handle gear progression similarly to 2.2, but only raise the cap ten levels, I'll be at or near the new cap well before 2.4 ends, leaving me with very little to do for months.

Going by increments of twenty, keeps the gear progression treadmill going longer. Frankly I think that's more important than keeping weapon strength under 300. Especially when you consider that weapon stats will likely be slightly reworked come expansion time.

Well they introduced the unique effect gear real late in the game during 1.0, maybe they would surprise everyone and do it again.
I can dream alright...

I can't wait for Tier 6 AF & Ultra High Super EX Plus Alpha Highasfuck420 Allagan gear though. We'll get there eventually and then we can all bitch and reminisce on how great atma farming was compared to the casualfest XIV turned into 5 years from now.

WolvenOne

Well they introduced the unique effect gear real late in the game during 1.0, maybe they would surprise everyone and do it again.
I can dream alright...

I can't wait for Tier 6 AF & Ultra High Super EX Plus Alpha Highasfuck420 Allagan gear though. We'll get there eventually and then we can all bitch and reminisce on how great atma farming was compared to the casualfest XIV turned into 5 years from now.

The last few times Yoship was asked about unique effect items, he seemed simultaneously open and reluctant. He basically stated that this was something the team might consider at some point, but, there were a few issues that they would have to address first.

Frankly, I think gear set bonus effects will be far more likely in the expansion. Right now they are likely moving more resources toward the expansions development, so I don't see them doing much widespread experimentation at the moment.

The one exception might be the Relic weapons. As have stated they considering means of making these weapons more desirable beyond a mere stat increase. Customizable sub stats was the first such experimentation in this regard, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something else here before the expansion.

But experimenting on one weapon, is very different than experimenting with numerous different sets.

I finally got a firm answer. We are looking for a permanent SCH spot for our static.

We have 6-8 on farm. As long as you are reasonably geared, we would be willing to take on someone with little experience.

We run Sun/Mon/Wed at 7pm pacific or 10 eastern.

I am Davos Wynter in game. Find me if you're interested.

Sorian

Banned
Tomo and Chocolate beat Turn 8.

With special guests Asami's Explanations, Avatar Korra explaining Asami's explanations to an often confused audience, and Lightning's clothes and hairstyle serving as a beacon of inspiration to us all. Also contains bonus footage at the end.

(Sorry about the camera--I'd have angled it differently if I'd realized sooner that was The Run and that I'd be saving it, but you hardly get to see Choco at all. Also behold how long it took me to realize I had field at the end there.)

(Also special thanks to my iPad for hanging in there and powering mumble all the way through before the battery crapped out minutes later.)

I was rooting for you all in spirit while cursing my terrible teams in frontlines.

I can dream alright...

Give it a year at least.

studyguy

The last few times Yoship was asked about unique effect items, he seemed simultaneously open and reluctant. He basically stated that this was something the team might consider at some point, but, there were a few issues that they would have to address first.

Frankly, I think gear set bonus effects will be far more likely in the expansion. Right now they are likely moving more resources toward the expansions development, so I don't see them doing much widespread experimentation at the moment.

The one exception might be the Relic weapons. As have stated they considering means of making these weapons more desirable beyond a mere stat increase. Customizable sub stats was the first such experimentation in this regard, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something else here before the expansion.

But experimenting on one weapon, is very different than experimenting with numerous different sets.

I'm not holding my breath for it, I figured as much from his response on that live letter. Relics are going to be the easy cop out for them. A blank slate for materia upgrades is probably enough. They cited balancing issues iirc. Sandbox style XIV doesn't feel like it'd work at all with unique effects akin to XI. The itemization was all about sidegrades, and absolutely nothing currently exists to even hint at sidegrades even being considered aside from his half hearted answer.

I simply can't forsee them taking a chance unless the community as a whole starts demanding it, which doesn't seem to be the case at all. Get those running shoes out. We're on this treadmill for life.

Sorian

Banned
Haha. Half the runs consisted of
Avatar: "Hold on, I gotta ask Asami again"

Which was then met with me saying in real life: "Damn it Korra, I'm in frontlines. The game won't let me respond." Bonus laughs for when he MT'd into /fc chat and it was just a straight copy/paste of what I had written out for him an hour prior.

Edit: Holy shit, I just watched that video, you guys were literally moments away from letting him enrage because you ignored that last set of towers. *Living Dangerously*

WolvenOne

I still don't understand how the whole order is determined for towers in T8, it's a very strange mechanic if you ask me. I can handle the rest of the mechanics though, provided teams run into the Avatar during landmines. I'm not terribly good at estimating the range of that splash damage and knock back effect, and I'd just assume trigger them quickly before I lose track of thier positions.

I'm told the speed at which I'd prefer triggering can be a bit of an issue though. <_<;

PS: Frankly I'm not too eager for sideways gear progression. To a small extent it sounds interesting, but, mostly it sounds like a ton of work for miniscule improvements, or game breaking one in the case of bad balance.

Rather, I'd prefer to see more interesting stats come into play. The only secondary stat for defense as of now is Parry, it would be nice if there were others.

That's of course just one example where item stats could be expanded.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You control the timing of the towers depending on how many people you do or do not send into each one. More people = faster charge.

iammeiam

Edit: Holy shit, I just watched that video, you guys were literally moments away from letting him enrage because you ignored that last set of towers. *Living Dangerously*

You can pretty much tell when we hit the part we hadn't done yet because everyone just kind of went everywhere. I don't even think we had a real discussion on that tower set, since the discussion previous was rearranging who was running into the first set of three since we started skipping the fifth tower set.

it didn't dawn on me that he might actually die until around the 5% mark; we were fighting both the timer on the towers and the timer of my Allagan field since it would have hit like a truck.

Tigerfestival is now Royal Blue!
rOpzWg9.jpg

Doing Second Coil as BLM is certainly different...not used to having to watch my aggro though, lost track of how many times I ripped Melusine or an add off the tank. Guess it's time to get Quelling Strikes...-_-

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The new artbook seems to have sold out.
QQ

Is craft III more expensive on your server than control III for some reason? It's the cheapest of those materia on Ultros by a wide margin. Weird it could be so different on another server (since craft III is less useful than craft II on a lot of melds for example).
I dunno, I just use my own spiritbinds, so it's all the same to me.
Third slot has like a 43% chance anyway so I only lose a few of them.
Are you melding your gloves? You'll get similar ones from the ixali dailies so I don't think it's worth melding those at this point.

On the other hand, they're the cheapest slot anyway.

I think Ixali gloves lead to the loss of 3 CP?
Frankly this shouldn't be a problem for me as I somehow ended up with more CP than was planned but gloves aren't hard to meld and I'd rather save oaknots for philo mats.

Yo static group - Got a hold of V'rius and Asami today, but in addition to maybe having a new OT Asami found, we have a healer and BRD who can run with us this week. So if you would like, this Thursday at 8pm Pacific we can do T6-8. We can also do it another day, just not tomorrow. So please confirm if Thursday will work or not, and if not what day will work.

Which was then met with me saying in real life: "Damn it Korra, I'm in frontlines. The game won't let me respond." Bonus laughs for when he MT'd into /fc chat and it was just a straight copy/paste of what I had written out for him an hour prior.

Yea, as soon as I realized we didn't go into any towers at that point I remember saying "ignore everything and just DPS now". But at least forcing me to learn the towers post-adds is beneficial. That was probably the only phase of anything I've done so far I really didn't fully know inside out. That's what I get for relying on call outs only in T8.

Moaradin

Yo static group - Got a hold of V'rius and Asami today, but in addition to maybe having a new OT Asami found, we have a healer and BRD who can run with us this week. So if you would like, this Thursday at 8pm Pacific we can do T6-8. We can also do it another day, just not tomorrow. So please confirm if Thursday will work or not, and if not what day will work.

Asami got a hold of me. I'll be on.

iammeiam

Think the servers are acting up again. Not sure if it's the instance servers or what but I keep getting disconnected, and it seemed to be hitting a few other people in my ST.

I just wanted to grab some kind of healer loot from ST before reset to motivate myself to finish off the last 8 levels of WHM but noo.

Tabris

I let Asami know but Thursday works great.

Excited to test out this new OT. It's too bad that last OT flaked out as he was really good.

Tabris

Doing Second Coil as BLM is certainly different...not used to having to watch my aggro though, lost track of how many times I ripped Melusine or an add off the tank. Guess it's time to get Quelling Strikes...-_-

There's a huge issue with your tank if you are grabbing hate from Melusine, but do have to be slightly careful on adds.

WolvenOne

On the plus side, I did get a little T9 practice before the servers went, DAHOY!!!! :B

Granted, group couldn't get past golems. Still, MORAL VICTORY! \o/

chrono01

The Another Dawn art book is available again on Amazon.jp. I just pre-ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4757544618/

It's also available on CDJapan.jp, although the price is increased and they'll only ship via EMS.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-6645

Also, Quelling Strikes is insanely important for BLM's, even when running with incredible tanks. BLM's are so front-loaded, if you get lucky with a few crit/proc when you start your rotation at the initial pull [after using your cooldowns], you can easily pull aggro even with tanks that are amazing. I always start with it now, and it helps during those important "MUST BURN NOW!" add phases.

I can't believe I lasted as long as I did without it. ~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom