• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Another Dawn art book is available again on Amazon.jp. I just pre-ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4757544618/

It's also available on CDJapan.jp, although the price is increased and they'll only ship via EMS.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-6645

Also, Quelling Strikes is insanely important for BLM's, even when running with incredible tanks. BLM's are so front-loaded, if you get lucky with a few crit/proc when you start your rotation at the initial pull [after using your cooldowns], you can easily pull aggro even with tanks that are amazing. I always start with it now, and it helps during those important "MUST BURN NOW!" add phases.

I can't believe I lasted as long as I did without it. ~_~

just wasnt' doing enough dps -_-

MogCakes

Neither mirror nor Levi barb will drop for me. Why do you hate me so, Leviathan.

I did Odin in an attempt to get a zantetsuken and thanks to one person deciding not to help out, our party only got a silver rank.

This has been a horrible week and a half.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Meciu

Hmm 6 out of 8 ppl (including myself) form my SCoB raid group plays on PS4. Is our fate completely pre-destined
TODAY?
;/

chrono01

just wasnt' doing enough dps -_-
Indeed.

It is shameful. SHAMEFUL, I say!

Amazon.jp should ship to the US no problem with books. My previous experiences importing from them have been very positive anf stuff arrives astonishingly fast.
Yeah, they ship to the US/Canada no problem.

The only issue you might have, at least for Canada, is custom charges. Apparently, Amazon.jp uses DHL for delivery, so those in Canada may/may not have to pay a little extra at the door for delivery. I figured it wouldn't be as much as paying the premium cost to pre-order from CDJapan [as well as the 2900 yen EMS shipping cost], so even if I needed to pay extra for brokerage charges it still likely wouldn't be as expensive as if I went with CDJapan.

That's the hope, at least...

Qvoth

Doing Second Coil as BLM is certainly different...not used to having to watch my aggro though, lost track of how many times I ripped Melusine or an add off the tank. Guess it's time to get Quelling Strikes...-_-

i never use quelling strikes at all other than on my double flare macro, and i only use that on dungeon mobs to speedrun

IvorB

i never use quelling strikes at all other than on my double flare macro, and i only use that on dungeon mobs to speedrun

I don't have quelling strikes either. I should probably get it but I really can't be bothered playing another class at the moment when there is so much to be done with my BLM.

IMBored

I'm a bard and I started using quelling as opening because of the bad tanks I've encountered (actually because I suck at tanking and know how hard it is to recover from lost aggro). For BLM it's even worse.
Especially because I've learned to use foe requiem for small pulls or at the beginning of bosses, so extra blm damage.

With Destiny finally out, time to give myself a much needed break from this game. And I only have 2 days left on my subscription so that also helps lol

Things I still need to do:
Complete Level 45 Botany quest
Kill Naul for weekly bill
Try out Miner/Botany Level 45 Leves
Reach Miner/Botany Level 46 for gathering log purposes
Sign up for Gladiator/Marauder/Conjurer classes (I'll try both Tank jobs when I return to the game)
Do CT2 to attempt to get on ilvl 100 Tank gear item
Complete my unhidden leather map

I was thinking about doing a Lightning FATE to get the Marauder weapon, but I think just having the Gladiator weapon will suffice. And I won't bother with Titan EX...again >.>

I do plan on playing during the Dragon Quest event that's coming up, but once I'm done with that, it's back to taking a break. I should come back in November, or possibly December

IvorB

With Destiny finally out, time to give myself a much needed break from this game. And I only have 2 days left on my subscription so that also helps lol

Things I still need to do:
Complete Level 45 Botany quest
Kill Naul for weekly bill
Try out Miner/Botany Level 45 Leves
Reach Miner/Botany Level 46 for gathering log purposes
Sign up for Gladiator/Marauder/Conjurer classes (I'll try both Tank jobs when I return to the game)
Do CT2 to attempt to get on ilvl 100 Tank gear item
Complete my unhidden leather map

I was thinking about doing a Lightning FATE to get the Marauder weapon, but I think just having the Gladiator weapon will suffice. And I won't bother with Titan EX...again >.>

I do plan on playing during the Dragon Quest event that's coming up, but once I'm done with that, it's back to taking a break. I should come back in November, or possibly December

I'm kind of glad that nothing has come out that I want to play since I don't really know how I would handle that transition. How does it work any? Since this game is just ongoing indefinitely how does one factor in playing other games at some point?

There's a huge issue with your tank if you are grabbing hate from Melusine, but do have to be slightly careful on adds.

Ignore this, your opener for adds should be:
X-Potion of Intelligence -> Fire 3 -> Raging Strikes -> All the Fires -> Flare -> Firestarter -> Convert -> Fire -> Swiftcast Flare -> Firestarter -> Manawall -> Manaward -> Sprint -> /p Scrub tank

Inotti

Is it possible to run this game with this kind of laptop with low settings and low resolution and possibly at least 20fps:

Processor: 2.1GHz Intel Core i7-4600U processor
GPU: Intel HD 4400 graphics
Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM

Dell Latitude E7440 is the model...

I'm getting a new work pc and I travel a lot so I would like to know if it's any way possible to play this game. Unfortunately company is not willing to buy me a laptop with dedicated gpu since I wouldn't need it for work.

Taruranto

6 month cycle ? What does this mean ?

Gear progression gets resetted every 6 months with new token gears/raid gears and old gears become useless.

If you don't play for a long time you can immediately jump to the last tier of gear with the token system and due to old gears being throw at you. (A new player won't use iLevel 70 and 80 gears, he will immediately jump to iLevel 90/100, if not 110)

TheMink

Tigerfestival is now Royal Blue!

Do want

Edit:

Well might as well just put this down:

If for whatever reason youre a Gaffer on Famfrit you can join my FC. Its Enix Knight's. (i didnt name it)

It is literally just me, if you look at the Company Page it will seem like there are more players, but they have all been off line for basically 300+ days.

Its obviously pretty casual, its rank 5 and pretty close to 6 and when that happens I'll get houses and stables and stuffs.

Just message me if your interested.

It might as well be the official Gaf FC for Famfrit since there isnt one lol.

Gear progression gets resetted every 6 months with new token gears/raid gears and old gears become useless.

If you don't play for a long time you can immediately jump to the last tier of gear with the token system and due to old gears being throw at you. (A new player won't use iLevel 70 and 80 gears, he will immediately jump to iLevel 90/100, if not 110)

I see, indeed that make sense.
I did went to Ilv90 quite fast

Kyari

Is it possible to run this game with this kind of laptop with low settings and low resolution and possibly at least 20fps:

Processor: 2.1GHz Intel Core i7-4600U processor
GPU: Intel HD 4400 graphics
Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM

Dell Latitude E7440 is the model...

I'm getting a new work pc and I travel a lot so I would like to know if it's any way possible to play this game. Unfortunately company is not willing to buy me a laptop with dedicated gpu since I wouldn't need it for work.

I run a laptop with lesser settings than this and have had no issue raiding on low settings in 720p resolutions at around the 20fps mark. Multi core i5 and i7 machines with all in one hd graphics are getting surprisingly capable at this point.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So I got a question about "DLC"

I got the:
-Collector's Edition
-The Moogle Cap & Cat Saith Minion
-The Onion Knight Helmet
-The Wind Up Bahumat Minion from the 2nd OST
-The Dalamund Minion from the 1st OST

So outside the the Legacy Tattoo,Legacy Chocobo and the upcoming Moogle/Mog Suits that are going to be given away at the Anniversary Events I'm missing any other Item that has been distributed?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

This isn't necessarily a good thing Power Creep has never been good to Returning Players who took a long break from the game and not a good thing for new players either.

I was hoping Square-Enix would find a way to avoid or destroy the notion of Power Creep that many MMOs are suffering or have suffer from in the past but as it stands right now it doesn't look like they care about it right now.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
To think I only just decided to feed my choco an onion.
Shit.

ALSO ALSO FUCK RNG, I'm getting my Cerulean Chocobo one way or another.

The guy said he was literally levelling his chocobo at UG and Dark Devices all day every day since it became a possibility.
Think on that.

studyguy

The guy said he was literally levelling his chocobo at UG and Dark Devices all day every day since it became a possibility.
Think on that.

It's not terribly difficult to level the chocobo if you do it casually, the challenge log helps a ton, but that isn't fun. That sounds masochistic as all hell with no payoff.

Also fuck does crossbreeding work only at the time of planting? I had a plot to grow some onions and an FC mate put some shit down since I didn't fill the garden completely. Everything but the plots connected to the ones the FC mate planted a fucking root into gave me onions. Like motherfuck I hate not having personal gardens.

This isn't necessarily a good thing Power Creep has never been good to Returning Players who took a long break from the game and not a good thing for new players either.

I was hoping Square-Enix would find a way to avoid or destroy the notion of Power Creep that many MMOs are suffering or have suffer from in the past but as it stands right now it doesn't look like they care about it right now.

It is weird, but not a big deal since the whole thing gets reset every expansion after that. Granted not sure where that's going to put the relic questline in FFXIV, but in wow it was like that, you could catch up quickly or you could just wait until next expansion and basically start on the same spot as everyone else more or less(BC wasn't perfectly done with Thundefury being BiS for raiding for several tiers due to the proc being too good for example, and you level faster in expansions when fully raid geared until the new cap). It did make every expansion a huge step up in power though, which looked kinda weird when you leveled from the start later on, where you'd enter Outlands and all of a sudden the green quest rewards were like twice as good as your questing gear from vanilla.

So new players aren't really affected much, and returning players can pick up the game at any point and get geared relatively quickly, however there's downtime when a new cycle is about to start(like currently) where it's hard to get anything high end done if you're returning since most of the hardcore players are done with this cycle already and are just waiitng on next one.

That's where the secondary content comes in. Housing will help a lot with this I'm sure. Glamour, crafting, sightseeing logs, optional questlines(hildebrand for example) and so on.

The Another Dawn art book is available again on Amazon.jp. I just pre-ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4757544618/

It's also available on CDJapan.jp, although the price is increased and they'll only ship via EMS.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-6645
FYI, found this on the forums last night.
Greetings!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the current plan is to debut this book at the Las Vegas and London Fan Festival events and then to sell copies on the respective online store afterwards!
We'll have some more details to share on the Lodestone soon, so please stay tuned!
So I'll probably wait to see it pop up on US Amazon or the official store in a bit.

Xion_Stellar

It is weird, but not a big deal since the whole thing gets reset every expansion after that. Granted not sure where that's going to put the relic questline in FFXIV, but in wow it was like that, you could catch up quickly or you could just wait until next expansion and basically start on the same spot as everyone else more or less(BC wasn't perfectly done with Thundefury being BiS for raiding for several tiers due to the proc being too good for example, and you level faster in expansions when fully raid geared until the new cap). It did make every expansion a huge step up in power though, which looked kinda weird when you leveled from the start later on, where you'd enter Outlands and all of a sudden the green quest rewards were like twice as good as your questing gear from vanilla.

So new players aren't really affected much, and returning players can pick up the game at any point and get geared relatively quickly, however there's downtime when a new cycle is about to start(like currently) where it's hard to get anything high end done if you're returning since most of the hardcore players are done with this cycle already and are just waiitng on next one.

That's where the secondary content comes in. Housing will help a lot with this I'm sure. Glamour, crafting, sightseeing logs, optional questlines(hildebrand for example) and so on.
Stat wise yeah one can still catch up but it doesn't remove the feeling of being cheated or getting back wasted time. For example I was farming Philosophy Tomes around the end of patch 2.1 because I just got to end game content so what happens when Patch 2.2 drops? Not only was all of it a waste of time but I didn't even get equal conversion because I gave the NPC over 1000 Philosophy Tomes and I got back less than 350 Mythology Tomes so I felt I got cheated out of my effort.

Not just items but areas will also become absolute for example by the time I got around doing Crystal Tower in 2.2 the whole thing was pointless because I could already get better equipment through Mythology Tomes instead of farming Crystal Tower for gear making the whole ate absolute to me so the effects of Power Creep go beyond simple stat numbers

KdylanR92

Ok so i'm on lvl 20 and still have no clue what i'm doing......... I've been running around bunny hopping everywhere and doing story quest and and i've felt like i've done nothing:[

Any tips on where to get started?

WolvenOne

Ok so i'm on lvl 20 and still have no clue what i'm doing......... I've been running around bunny hopping everywhere and doing story quest and and i've felt like i've done nothing:[

Have you taken the airship to all the other territories yet?

Frazley

My advice:
  • Ensure that you like your current class and want to take it to 50. I started as Gladiator and switched to Pugilist to get to 50. Will now work on my Gladiator again.
  • Check up on what other quest is required for your current class to become a job (high end class). Level that class to 15.
  • Finish the story quests
  • Complete your Hunting Log
  • Join a Grand Company and get your chocobo as soon as you can.
  • Do Duty Roulette Low Level & Guildhests each day.
  • Follow http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content to make sure you don't miss out on features or dungeons as you progress.
  • I would leave sidequests if you are more than a few levels higher than them (4-5?). You can do these on other classes.

After these you will learn a lot about the game, have a level 50 character and then your lower classes will get an XP bonus for leveling.

WolvenOne

Okay, question for anyone else going to the Fan Fest in October.

I'm buying my airline ticket this week, but haven't yet decided when would be the best time to arrive exactly. I'm thinking of splitting the difference and arriving sometime around noon, but, I figure it might be a good idea to pick the brains of those more experienced with attending such events.

I'm glad that there is a system like gear reset in place. It allows me to enjoy other things and take the game less seriously. It's better to have a player taking a break and coming back after a new patch than quiting the game. I almost got burnt out twice. First during that WP runs and then second during Brayfox HM SR. I then learnt that grinding dungeons like that is the worst experience and I wasted times on those boring dungeons when the new patch comes out. Now I'm enjoying the game more than before. I rarely run any dungeon. All I do is raiding, Front line and crafting. The game is much more fun this way.

Eldren

i4J2IaXfjZBTa.jpg

Yay, Cactuar green. I'm all done now and I have a spare O'Ghomoro Berry, so is it ok to just put it in the company chest for someone else to use, or should I give it to Drama directly or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom