• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinken

Dunno for the moment.

Btw....

61v4GBqcqyL.jpg

?_?

How do I get that?

Jomjom

Banned
Okay, question for anyone else going to the Fan Fest in October.

I'm buying my airline ticket this week, but haven't yet decided when would be the best time to arrive exactly. I'm thinking of splitting the difference and arriving sometime around noon, but, I figure it might be a good idea to pick the brains of those more experienced with attending such events.

I haven't been to Fan Fests before, but I have gone to Blizzcon. I think that's a good enough time to land. The wait for Blizzcon ticket pickup is not that long and it's WAY bigger than Fan Fest. I don't even know if Fan Fest will have a ticket pickup as it seems like our tickets that you print from the event site is all we need.

The thing doesn't start until 5pm the first day I think?

Good thing about getting there at noon is you can hit up a buffet first!

Dr. Rank

Neo Member
Okay, question for anyone else going to the Fan Fest in October.

I'm buying my airline ticket this week, but haven't yet decided when would be the best time to arrive exactly. I'm thinking of splitting the difference and arriving sometime around noon, but, I figure it might be a good idea to pick the brains of those more experienced with attending such events.

Arriving at noon would be fine on Friday. That is just a day to pick up your badge which won't even begin until 6:00pm and will give you time to get to your hotel, check in, and explore if you have not been to Vegas before.

WolvenOne

Arriving at noon would be fine on Friday. That is just a day to pick up your badge which won't even begin until 6:00pm and will give you time to get to your hotel, check in, and explore if you have not been to Vegas before.

Indeed I haven't been to Vegas before. Also gives me ample time to deal with anything unexpected that may happen. <_<

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the current plan is to debut this book at the Las Vegas and London Fan Festival events and then to sell copies on the respective online store afterwards!
We'll have some more details to share on the Lodestone soon, so please stay tuned!

From the official forums.

I haven't heard the 6 PM start time yet. Do you know when badge pickup will end? I'm getting in pretty late on Friday.

Frazley

Ah yeah time to make a Japanese Amazon Account! Thanks for the information chrono
Google Chrome's translation feature helped me checkout on Amazon Japan along with knowledge of how Amazon Checkout operates.

I've opted for Amazon Japan incase the art book sells out when they offer it for sale in the US. I don't see them making a translated art book or limiting the minion to just the region you buy the book in. This is such a niche product that I see it being one version for all.

Edit: Plus, I want to see a box from Amazon Japan! :)

Tabris

Question - I bought a new PS4. I upgraded my PS3 FFXIV to PS4 on my old PS4. I check the store and there's no option to download, just purchase. I try to redeem the code again and says already been used. Anyone run into this yet?

Most likely not as no one's as crazy as me to buy another PS4 and sell their old one (at a $150 loss) just because the white PS4 looks awesome. But maybe they had a PS4 that broke down

Jayhawk

Most likely not as no one's as crazy as me to buy another PS4 and sell their old one (at a $150 loss) just because the white PS4 looks awesome. But maybe they had a PS4 that broke down

Oh please. You're not the only one who dumped their release day PS4 for a white one. Unlike you, I just gave my old one away. The solution to your problem is likely the same process it was on PS3: you have to unlink/unregister your old PS4 to your PSN downloads but it is too late now that you sold your old one. Going to 'Download List' should work as the poster below suggested, note that PSN downloads have a 5 console limit. Your old console will always count towards that 5, since you didn't unlink it.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Question - I bought a new PS4. I upgraded my PS3 FFXIV to PS4 on my old PS4. I check the store and there's no option to download, just purchase. I try to redeem the code again and says already been used. Anyone run into this yet?

Have you tried downloading the game from your Download List instead of going to the Game Page?

studyguy

Figured I should help my friend do his run through copperbell hard for the first time yesterday. Landed in there with all three people not know what the fuck to do and me there going like... the last time I ran this was ages ago like twice for atma...

Fucked up so many times, shit's embarrassing.
Got two commendations though so it's like...

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Google Chrome's translation feature helped me checkout on Amazon Japan along with knowledge of how Amazon Checkout operates.

I've opted for Amazon Japan incase the art book sells out when they offer it for sale in the US. I don't see them making a translated art book or limiting the minion to just the region you buy the book in. This is such a niche product that I see it being one version for all.

Edit: Plus, I want to see a box from Amazon Japan! :)
If it helps you put you at ease about the DLC Minion that's in the Book both the Wind Up Bahumat Minion & Dalamund Minion that came with the 1st and 2nd OST were in a japanese and even the OST sold by http://store.na.square-enix.com here in the US were also in Japanese and the codes did work in Mog Station.

Tabris

Oh please. You're not the only one who dumped their release day PS4 for a white one. Unlike you, I just gave my old one away. The solution to your problem is likely the same process it was on PS3: you have to unlink/unregister your old PS4 to your PSN downloads but it is too late now that you sold your old one. Going to 'Download List' should work as the poster below suggested, note that PSN downloads have a 5 console limit. Your old console will always count towards that 5, since you didn't unlink it.

I formatted the last one. I sold it to a friend too so if he needs to unregister anything for me I can get him to. And I thought I was the only crazy one, you're even crazier than me. That white is so much sleeker and so less fingerprint / dust happy though.

Going to "Library" worked on my new PS4 no problem. Just the game page that doesn't work. I assume it's a different game according to PSN Store.

I formatted the last one. I sold it to a friend too so if he needs to unregister anything for me I can get him to. And I thought I was the only crazy one, you're even crazier than me. That white is so much sleeker and so less fingerprint / dust happy though.

Going to "Library" worked on my new PS4 no problem. Just the game page that doesn't work. I assume it's a different game according to PSN Store.

Wait, what makes it less fingerprint / dust happy?

WolvenOne

Personally, I knew a white model would be available eventually, but didn't think the improved aesthetics would be worth the wait.

Besides, I'll want to trade things out when they do the whole Slim thing, so I'll just see what colors are available then. If I can get a white console that's extra petite, that'll be well worth the wait.

Also, on a more on topic front. Has Destiny destroyed PSN yet? There are a few people in the static I'm trying out tonight that connect through that.

studyguy

So I fed my fucking bird a Han Lemon, thinking I would have to wait 5hrs too.
It's instant! Shoved all the berries I could into him to hopefully get it the shade I want.
I'm on my way!

Can someone explain Guildhests to me?

They're short mini instanced scenarios that are meant to teach you general mechanics, like pulling, moving out of stuff that hurts, attacking adds and so on. Mostly they're good xp to do the first time on every character you level, you get 2 guildhests every 5 levels starting 10, if it's your first character they unlock as you complete them.

TheMink

They're short mini instanced scenarios that are meant to teach you general mechanics, like pulling, moving out of stuff that hurts, attacking adds and so on. Mostly they're good xp to do the first time on every character you level, you get 2 guildhests every 5 levels starting 10, if it's your first character they unlock as you complete them.

Thanks

Anyone else with a ton of server lag today? Been awhile since I had people teleporting all over the place and 90k's galore, Coil was an adventure

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Is it even possible to do Leviathan Extreme through the Duty Finder?

OTL

Levi and Garuda are probably the only two that are possible.
Although idk Ifrit might be DFable these days too because of that overgear.

PLD sword and DRG belt, goddamit I mad

Is it even possible to do Leviathan Extreme through the Duty Finder?

OTL

Not in my experience. Hysteria circles everywhere, Bards shooting themselves to death via reflect, and of course---once the rails come off at least two people always die followed by three other people who can't survive the charges without the rails.

I see some luck out just barely on a random stream every now and then but that's about it. Everything I've DF'd after Garuda-EX (which people only get through now because of brute force gearing and the echo) is a 80/20 tossup in favor of the poor newcomers and just general screw-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom