• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
EX Garuda is always a treat. You would think people know how to leave the spiny plume alone until necessary but nope!

I did beat EX Ifrit in 2 tries through Duty Finder though.

WolvenOne

Still have a few practical considerations I need to work through, but, probably going to start a new Coil group tomorrow. There's just nothing more draining than sitting in a pug group for hours, only to see that half the people there are trying to fake their way through content.

Not complaining really, because I enjoy the game just fine, it's just THAT specific scenario that drives me absolutely batty.

Ken

lost another HA smn book wtih an amazing roll of 17

time to give up the books and go for spears

no one wants those right?

Isaccard

SrdUuTT.jpg
pls nerf drg smn

8 and 2 brd and pld with more dmg

im so bad

Oh please. You're not the only one who dumped their release day PS4 for a white one. Unlike you, I just gave my old one away. The solution to your problem is likely the same process it was on PS3: you have to unlink/unregister your old PS4 to your PSN downloads but it is too late now that you sold your old one. Going to 'Download List' should work as the poster below suggested, note that PSN downloads have a 5 console limit. Your old console will always count towards that 5, since you didn't unlink it.

You get all that extra money from doing hunts?

Still have a few practical considerations I need to work through, but, probably going to start a new Coil group tomorrow. There's just nothing more draining than sitting in a pug group for hours, only to see that half the people there are trying to fake their way through content.

Not complaining really, because I enjoy the game just fine, it's just THAT specific scenario that drives me absolutely batty.

But like a fourth of the thread is everyone whining about this exact thing!

WolvenOne

But like a fourth of the thread is everyone whining about this exact thing!

Because finding a good group to run with, where everyone clicks and has chemistry, is anywhere from 50 to 75 percent of the struggle. Also, because a lot of people try to, uh, fake it til they make it. That's a bit more understandable for DPS I guess, but for healers and tanks it's pretty obvious, and can be pretty frustrating.

I should clarify. I do not mind helping people learn fights, though I'll admit I don't always have to time to do this. However, I have a completely different mindset when I'm trying to clear content. While I'm not hard on people for mistakes on clear runs, I don't really laugh about them in the same way.

Also, just to be clear, I am VERY hard on myself for my own mistakes. I am easily my own worst critic. <_<;;

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Additionally

Letter from the Producer LIVE from Tokyo Game Show
FFXIV Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida will be attending both public admission days at TGS 2014 to deliver a new Letter from the Producer LIVE.

Saturday, September 20, 2:15 p.m. (JST)
Friday, September 19, 10:15 p.m. (PDT)
Eorzean Census: A year has passed since the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: ARR, and Yoshi-P is ready to share with fans the highlights of 12 months of accumulated play data.

Sunday, September 21, 2:15 p.m. (JST)
Saturday, September 20, 10:15 p.m. (PDT)
Latest News: Yoshi-P will be revealing the latest details from the upcoming 2.4 patch, including the new class and job, the new primal, new dungeons, and much, much more!

Personal housing to cost 10 million Gil.

Relic weapon progression to include demimateria and mats gathered from unhidden leather maps.

I didn't realize we were playing lineage

dwix

Been out of commision for a few weeks, gonna try to be on more now.

Are the Friday Night Noob Helping Adventures still happening? I need to take on EX Titan, Leviathan, and Ramuh. I also still haven't done Lost City of Amdapor... lol

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
2.38 is in five days.
Hmmmm perhaps I should stop faffing about with my Carpenter and start Atma Farming again?..... Nah I only got 10 more levels to go on my Carpenter.

QP3

I'm taking advantage of the free trial, and downloading the client now.

Any tips for a newcomer?

Things I should expect?

How long can I last going solo?

Thanks, glad to see this thread is relatively active!

Frazley

I'm taking advantage of the free trial, and downloading the client now.

Any tips for a newcomer?

Things I should expect?

How long can I last going solo?

Thanks, glad to see this thread is relatively active!
Definitely do all of the story quests. You can switch classes at anytime after Lvl 10. You can solo a lot, but definitely find an FC to do grouping and the Duty Finder helps with Matchmaking. The GAF FC on Ultros is awesome!

Enjolras

Neo Member
So, if 2.28 was about a month before 2.3, would it be a reasonable guess that 2.4 will come a month after 2.38?

If so, can I bear to speed-level THM to 50 in a month to get "The Insatiable" before Rogues and Ninjas arrive?

...Only time will tell.

iammeiam

So I can either spend a few hundred thousand gil on a Saurian Tabard of Aiming, or grind PVP to level 28 for a Direwolf thimg of Aiming.

I'm honestly not sure which is less time consuming.

Does one need to get separate subs for pc vs consoles?

My roommates have the game on both ps3 and ps4. If I get the game on pc, can I use the same account to play on their systems in addition to my pc? Are there any restrictions?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Does one need to get separate subs for pc vs consoles?

My roommates have the game on both ps3 and ps4. If I get the game on pc, can I use the same account to play on their systems in addition to my pc? Are there any restrictions?

Sub is shared, so yes you can just log in with your account on your console.
However know that it's impossible to unlink your Square Enix account from the PSN account you're using it with without buying a new copy of the game.

You realize if it used Demateria III, it would be a huge gil sink right? Either on crafting the items to desynth or buying the demateria straight up

Speak for yourself, I'm currently farming HM Primal runs to desynth stuff right now, so even if it was Demateria, it still wouldn't bug me as much.

studyguy

If personal housing costs 10m then I'm golden. I wouldn't jump for anything more than 15m though, feels like a waste when my FC house is alright.

I can't wait, though honestly I wouldn't want much more than a medium size if that.
Large is too fucking big for one dude. Hell I would prob be alright with a small size depending on the location too.

aceface

Been out of commision for a few weeks, gonna try to be on more now.

Are the Friday Night Noob Helping Adventures still happening? I need to take on EX Titan, Leviathan, and Ramuh. I also still haven't done Lost City of Amdapor... lol

Sure Friday nights at 9pm I'm on with a small elite team of midgets dressed like Lightning to help people. What's your name in-game?

Sub is shared, so yes you can just log in with your account on your console.
However know that it's impossible to unlink your Square Enix account from the PSN account you're using it with without buying a new copy of the game.
So, it doesn't matter that they are the ones that bought the game on the console and not myself?

My SE FF14 account would be linked to my psn account, which I could then use on either console version. Is this essentially how it works?

Jayhawk

So I can either spend a few hundred thousand gil on a Saurian Tabard of Aiming, or grind PVP to level 28 for a Direwolf thimg of Aiming.

I'm honestly not sure which is less time consuming.

I'll sell you my Saurian Tabard of Aiming for discount. It's up on Marketboard but I can sell it to you later. You know you want gear with my name on it!

With 2.28 coming out while I am in Tokyo, all the good personal housing lots will be taken... so FORGET HOUSING. LIVING ON THE STREETS OF THE MIST FOREVER.

I'll sell you my Saurian Tabard of Aiming for discount. It's up on Marketboard but I can sell it to you later. You know you want gear with my name on it!

With 2.28 coming out while I am in Tokyo, all the good personal housing lots will be taken... so FORGET HOUSING. LIVING ON THE STREETS OF THE MIST FOREVER.

you'll be too busy finding hunts for everybody

Frumix

Suffering From Success

You're assuming it works like FC housing in that it's limited quantity wards.
Which would defeat the purpose quite honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom