• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Not limited in quantity, limited in quality! BEACH FRONT PROPERTIES FOR EVERYONE IN LOT 1?

No, I mean, it's most likely a personal instance.

Also
d3dTmAu.png

Struggle never ends.

Jayhawk

No, I mean, it's most likely a personal instance.

The biggest difference between personal housing and personal rooms is the stuff that can be done outside in terms of decorating and gardening. The outside will look pretty crappy if there were no other houses to look at because it's instanced.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The biggest difference between personal housing and personal rooms is the stuff that can be done outside in terms of decorating and gardening. The outside will look pretty crappy if there were no other houses to look at because it's instanced.

idk, private rooms never made much sense to me.
If the housing is actually ward-based like FC houses are, how many wards could they possibly implement? It's gonna lead to elitization of personal housing. People who already had much will now have even more. Or, if the prices aren't high, then it's to the fastest claimer (i.e. person who's gonna stay overnight to log in asap). And that is just complete nonsense.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Throwing away cordials? And you call yourself a gatherer.

I already have two stacks of those! They're super cheap.
I don't even need them anyway since you can't use them mid-gathering and low-level NQ mats don't bother me at all because sheer crafting values let me not give a care.
I honestly don't see the use for them unless it's some kind of shard power-farming.

studyguy

God damn, for some reason I can't imagine them simply making a billion instances of the same wards. I feel like we're all just going to end up in XIV suburbia filled with a bunch of S housing in a row.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Kind of bored now that I have full Mythology gear.

I have to level up ALC to start my Relic questline, but leveling that stuff up is boring as hell.

Can't do any of the Extreme trials through Duty Finder because ugh.

Don't even know how or when to get attuned to Coil, and I wouldn't have a group for it anyway.

:(

IMBored

I don't even need them anyway since you can't use them mid-gathering and low-level NQ mats don't bother me at all because sheer crafting values let me not give a care.
I honestly don't see the use for them unless it's some kind of shard power-farming.

They sell for 1-1.5k. That's teleport money.

IMBored

I have to level up ALC to start my Relic questline, but leveling that stuff up is boring as hell.

Don't even know how or when to get attuned to Coil.

You don't have to have alc for relic, just buy the materia and the precursor weapon and shout for melding help. Or, if you're in Ultros, we'll hook you up.

Sorry for dp.

Don't even know how or when to get attuned to Coil, and I wouldn't have a group for it anyway.

There should be a quest in waking sands (?) I believe that opens up first turn of coil. You can then duty find the turns. First turn of coil is probably easier than extreme trials since echo buff is there from the beginning.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Do you have a static?

Nope. Party Finded it.

Like mentioned, just buy the precursor weapon and ask someone to meld the materia for you. At most you'll have to pay a tip for someone to do it

Coil 1 you start with a quest from Urianger in Waking Sands, I believe. From there the quest takes you to Wineport. You don't need a "dedicated" group aka a "Static" for Coil 1. You can party finder it pretty easily.

Nope. Party Finded it.

Like mentioned, just buy the precursor weapon and ask someone to meld the materia for you. At most you'll have to pay a tip for someone to do it

Coil 1 you start with a quest from Urianger in Waking Sands, I believe. From there the quest takes you to Wineport. You don't need a "dedicated" group aka a "Static" for Coil 1. You can party finder it pretty easily.

time to start working on 7-9

My housing predictions:

1. Player housing is all the same size - easier to manage on a large scale and allowing larger personal house sizes seems counter productive to Free Company housing

2. Player housing is in a new area (possibly Mor Dhona, Carteneau Flats) - this has already been hinted at in the storyline and developers have stated they want to add housing in new areas at some point in the future.

OR

3. SE is lazy and copy pastas more wards into the current existing areas for player use

My housing predictions:

1. Player housing is all the same size - easier to manage on a large scale and allowing larger personal house sizes seems counter productive to Free Company housing

2. Player housing is in a new area (possibly Mor Dhona, Carteneau Flats) - this has already been hinted at in the storyline and developers have stated they want to add housing in new areas at some point in the future.

OR

3. SE is lazy and copy pastas more wards into the current existing areas for player use

I think we need to revisit the whole living in titan's lair or amador keep. I believe qhon has the initial drawings for those personal housing areas

WolvenOne

Looking forward to the next iteration of the Zodiac questline, though I kinda hope they'll give us some method of re-specing the things again...

....in fact, if they did give people a materia free means to re-specing during the upgrade, that'd be the ultimate means of nerfing the whole Novus quest. If you can just turn around and put your spec of choice on it gil free, then you might as well just go with crap specs on your Novus and grab cheap materia.

Granted, they may not do it that way. <_<;;

dramatis

If Rowena gets into real estate she'll be a greater danger than the Garleans to Eorzea.

studyguy

Looking forward to the next iteration of the Zodiac questline, though I kinda hope they'll give us some method of re-specing the things again...

....in fact, if they did give people a materia free means to re-specing during the upgrade, that'd be the ultimate means of nerfing the whole Novus quest. If you can just turn around and put your spec of choice on it gil free, then you might as well just go with crap specs on your Novus and grab cheap materia.

Granted, they may not do it that way. <_<;;

Man, fuck getting another relic to the end though as it stands once the next line drops.
I said it before and I'll say it again. The longer the chain, the more unappealing it becomes to me on the topic of ever taking anything beyond +1. I have enough to get another atma, but fuck if I'll bother. I'm sure they'll cut it down hard eventually, but until they do my interest in doing it is 0.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My housing predictions:

OR

SE be all like BOW DOWN OVERDWELLER.

WolvenOne

Personal housing in Coerthas would probably be one of the only things to get me interested in personal housing again... in the short term anyway, I might feel differently once I have more Gil than I know what to do with.

...I'd have to go all in on making that hunting lodge I was talking about. XD

studyguy

You will get a 10x10 slot shack of a room and like it plebs.
Your outside area will accommodate 1 small garden and maybe one small size outdoor furnishing.

Please look forward to it.

You will get a 10x10 slot shack of a room and like it plebs.
Your outside area will accommodate 1 small garden and maybe one small size outdoor furnishing.

Please look forward to it.

only those with novus are able to get large personal houses. We also included property tax to simulate living in the real world. 10k gil every month

If you go through all the unspoiled nodes in a certain time frame, they are pretty useful. It takes a little over 2 game hours to regain 600 GP so if you're hitting them every hour Cordials are very useful.

WolvenOne

Sadly I'm not geared well enough to take advantage of many Unspoiled Nodes just yet, Cordial or no. Gonna try to change that over the next few weeks though, just, gathering the materia now.

Cordial's are useful though. I used them extensively when I was leveling up my miner, they made Assessment Leves far less clinchie. <_<;;

WolvenOne

I wonder if they'll be previewing the 2.38 patch at all. I remember how they showed off the new Atma designs when they started the Zodiac questline. It'd be nice if they did something like that again, I wanna see how da new swag looks!

QP3

Definitely do all of the story quests. You can switch classes at anytime after Lvl 10. You can solo a lot, but definitely find an FC to do grouping and the Duty Finder helps with Matchmaking. The GAF FC on Ultros is awesome!

Neat, thanks! Now the bottleneck just seems to be the download speeds of the internet here...

Brazil

You don't have to have alc for relic, just buy the materia and the precursor weapon and shout for melding help. Or, if you're in Ultros, we'll hook you up.

Sorry for dp.

This changes everything. I thought you could only meld your own items.

There should be a quest in waking sands (?) I believe that opens up first turn of coil. You can then duty find the turns. First turn of coil is probably easier than extreme trials since echo buff is there from the beginning.

Hmmm, gotta check if he has that one quest later today, then. Thanks for the info, guys.

I always see people looking for healers in the Ultros FC chat, but it's always high-level stuff I'm clearly still not able to handle :/

Just wondering: is the Crystal Tower easier than Coil? Because I'm already attuned for that.

Trojita

This changes everything. I thought you could only meld your own items.

Hmmm, gotta check if he has that one quest later today, then. Thanks for the info, guys.

I always see people looking for healers in the Ultros FC chat, but it's always high-level stuff I'm clearly still not able to handle :/

Just wondering: is the Crystal Tower easier than Coil? Because I'm already attuned for that.

I wouldn't mind helping you run Coil 1. It's not that hard, I take it you're a healer? You'll have an easier time finding a group. You can even Duty Roulette it now a days.

Crystal Tower is a strange beast. You are playing with 23 other people. It's easier than Coil, especially Syrcus Tower (The second CT), but you are dependent on a larger number of people to not screw up. If you are in full myth, there is no reason to do it except for getting entrance into Syrcus Tower or getting glamour gear. The gear there is i80.

Brazil

I wouldn't mind helping you run Coil 1. It's not that hard, I take it you're a healer? You'll have an easier time finding a group. You can even Duty Roulette it now a days.

Crystal Tower is a strange beast. You are playing with 23 other people. It's easier than Coil, especially Syrcus Tower (The second CT), but you are dependent on a larger number of people to not screw up. If you are in full myth, there is no reason to do it except for getting entrance into Syrcus Tower or getting glamour gear. The gear there is i80.

Yeah. I'm leveling the other jobs occasionally, but my main job is WHM. I usually play with my brother who's gearing his PLD up.

I'd really love to run stuff with people from the FC, but I actually felt a bit intimidated by all the endgame conversations when I joined (T5 this, atma that - like, what? Hahaha) so I decided to just do my thing while I'm still outgeared by most :p

About the Crystal Tower: I kinda wanna do it once just to see it, haha. Seems like a cool location.

Trojita

Yeah. I'm leveling the other jobs occasionally, but my main job is WHM. I usually play with my brother who's gearing his PLD up.

I'd really love to run stuff with people from the FC, but I actually felt a bit intimidated by all the endgame conversations when I joined (T5 this, atma that - like, what? Hahaha) so I decided to just do my thing while I'm still outgeared by most :p

About the Crystal Tower: I kinda wanna do it once just to see it, haha. Seems like a cool location.

T5 is the fifth "turn" of Coil, the 8 party end game dungeon.

In Coil 1, the first iteration of coil, Turn 5 is the hardest with there being 4 turns before it. T1, T2, T3, T4. They are all dungeons you run separately.

The second iteration of Coil, called Coil 2, has 4 turns. People added the numbers to the previous set, so Coil 2 Turn 1 is now T6. In this group T9 is the hardest. In order to start Coil 2, you need to beat T5.

Atma is a part of the relic quest. After getting your relic at the end of the quest line, you will get an option to upgrade it with items bought with myth. After that you can upgrade the weapon again a second time, but this time you need 12 items called Atma, received from participating in fates in certain regions.

the quote that everybody lives by in this game is "fake it till you make it"

Brazil

T5 is the fifth "turn" of Coil, the 8 party end game dungeon.

In Coil 1, the first iteration of coil, Turn 5 is the hardest with there being 4 turns before it. T1, T2, T3, T4. They are all dungeons you run separately.

The second iteration of Coil, called Coil 2, has 4 turns. People added the numbers to the previous set, so Coil 2 Turn 1 is now T6. In this group T9 is the hardest. In order to start Coil 2, you need to beat T5.

Atma is a part of the relic quest. After getting your relic at the end of the quest line, you will get an option to upgrade it with items bought with myth. After that you can upgrade the weapon again a second time, but this time you need 12 items called Atma, received from participating in fates in certain regions.

Damn. So "Coil" is basically 9 different dungeons?

This game has a surprisingly enormous amount of content.

Thanks for all the help :)

the quote that everybody lives by in this game is "fake it till you make it"

Sounds like what I did when joining trials on the DF without looking for strat videos beforehand!

WolvenOne

Sounds like what I did when joining trials on the DF without looking for strat videos beforehand!

Coil is 9 short dungeons that lead almost immediately to extremely difficult (for the time,) boss fights.

Anyhow, once you reach T5 and higher, video's will only help you so much. They do indeed help, but, without practice people are probably going to notice that you haven't done the content yet. That doesn't mean you can't indeed fake it till you make it, but depending on your role in the fight, that can be iffy.

PS: Kinda want to see Square make trash mobs in 3rd Coil randomly drop high value crafting items. <_<;;

Maybe the materials you need to make Augmented, or Glowing Allagan gear, or something. ;;>_>

Jayhawk

I hope personal housing provides an option that looks like a traditional ryokan with an NPC that serves me food. I HOPE THE RYOKAN I PICKED FOR NEXT WEEK IS GOOD, SINCE IT IS EXPENSIVE.

I don't want to discourage you but you will be intimidated once you start learning Coil mechanics. That's what happened to me when I started anyway. Each Turn (or maybe except T3) requires serious coordination between you and other 7 people and memorization of your role. You will be able to grind it through the first 4 Turns but you will eventually hit the wall in T5.It's a good idea to start looking for static group as early as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom