• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frazley

Finding all the fun stuff at the end game! Just ran a few dungeons and now I am getting Myth! :D Got a new iLvl 90 item! Now I want all the myth gear (best gear I have found so far).

Completing a lot of the high end quests and still love Hildibrand!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
tT1bcvO.jpg

Christ!

iammeiam

All crafts now at level 50! I may not be great at the parts of the game that involve killing things, but I can teleport back and forth between the major cities and Mor Dhona to turn in things like you wouldn't believe.

I'll sell you my Saurian Tabard of Aiming for discount. It's up on Marketboard but I can sell it to you later. You know you want gear with my name on it!

Thank you! I now look amazing again:

IvorB

So just when I got my crit build in really good shape it looks like I will be wanting to start coil soon so I will have to rearrange everything since I basically nuked my accuracy stat. I'm thinking I might have two gear sets: one with accuracy and one without.

What's the required accuracy for starting Coil with black mage?

Qvoth

So just when I got my crit build in really good shape it looks like I will be wanting to start coil soon so I will have to rearrange everything since I basically nuked my accuracy stat. I'm thinking I might have two gear sets: one with accuracy and one without.

What's the required accuracy for starting Coil with black mage?

which coil?
432 for t1-5
451 t6-7
471 for t8 (470 will probably be enough, i don't think anybody ever tested 470 for t8)
470 t9

IvorB

which coil?
432 for t1-5
451 t6-7
471 for t8 (470 will probably be enough, i don't think anybody ever tested 470 for t8)
470 t9

Well I'll just be starting out so the first one I guess, so 432. I'm at 358 at the moment. Hmmm... I know if I swap in the Scyllia robe it takes me to around 380 so I will probably need about two more accuracy pieces. I hope my crit rate doesn't suffer too much.

IvorB

Always take care of accuracy first before worrying about other stats.

But accuracy only comes into play in Coil right? So since I wasn't running Coil I basically killed my accuracy stat in favour of crit. I don't think I have a single accuracy piece on right now. It's been working out pretty well to be honest.

But accuracy only comes into play in Coil right? So since I wasn't running Coil I basically killed my accuracy stat in favour of crit. I don't think I have a single accuracy piece on right now. It's been working out pretty well to be honest.
Leviathan requires T5 levels of accuracy, iirc.

scy

the first time is not that bad

the second time

I got my first atma about 30 seconds after getting my Zenith, this is going to be easy!

Honestly, it's just a time venture. Considering all the other generic amounts of gearing to be done (grinding seals, soldiery, etc.), it'll probably be done at a decent pace. Barring RNGesus.

aceface

I'm not sure if stacking Crit is the best way to go for BLM, I seem to remember hearing that building up DET leads to more damage output in the long run. Maybe some of the BLM's here could weigh in.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Huh wow.
If you have paid retainers remember to renew their service payment.
I had expected they'd just include the following months with regular subscription but then woke up today to SERVICE SUSPENDED LOL.

Valor

I'm not sure if stacking Crit is the best way to go for BLM, I seem to remember hearing that building up DET leads to more damage output in the long run. Maybe some of the BLM's here could weigh in.

Not exactly a BLM here, but DET and Spell Speed are likely gonna be more useful stats in the long run for BLM. More damage per hit is better than Crit Rate since there aren't any ways to increase your natural crit rate, so there's little "synergy" with the stat. Compare it to BRD's Crit synergy (Auto Crit Straight Shot procs, crits on DoTs proccing Bloodletter, Straight Shot's natural 10% crit boost, Internal Release cross class), and I think you'll see where I'm coming from.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is that a choker of slaying?

If so, guess what I've never ever seen drop from Second Coil for several months now?

TT_TT

Yeah I got the choker and boots.

I was so pumped from beating the fight, I didn't even really care about the loot. But when I went and saw the loot with need on them I was ecstatic.

It was my first time doing T7 and there were 6 others in the group that had never beaten it before. Apparently they had been doing so bad the day before they weren't even getting Melusine under 75% health. Everyone was really nice and no one yelled. We were working on T7 for 2+ hours.

I ended up going to bed late and I was so pumped up from the whole thing I couldn't even fall asleep. I wanted to watch a T8 video and go right into it.

IvorB

Leviathan requires T5 levels of accuracy, iirc.

Oh really? I think I've only ever missed shots when I fought that giant bear that is a B rank hunt mark. I'm not sure how that worked.

See that's the thing. I was experimenting with det but it just always let me down. So det increases damage right? So any boost from det should express itself in an increase in magical attack potency. But every time I equipped something for det it just barely moved the dial on attack potency so I stopped bothering with it as it always disappointed.

And crits... I just love them. No matter the game they are just so satisfying. A crit Fire 1 is pretty much like a free Firestarter and I just love all the big numbers flashing up :).

It's just something I've been playing around with. I'm not saying it's the best approach or anything.

aceface

See that's the thing. I was experimenting with det but it just always let me down. So det increases damage right? So any boost from det should express itself in an increase in magical attack potency. But every time I equipped something for det it just barely moved the dial on attack potency so I stopped bothering with it as it always disappointed.

And crits... I just love them. No matter the game they are just so satisfying. A crit Fire 1 is pretty much like a free Firestarter and I just love all the big numbers flashing up :).

It's just something I've been playing around with. I'm not saying it's the best approach or anything.

Det is like shitty INT I think. Like a certain amount of DET= 1 point in INT.

Edit: Awesome job Ranketsu!

" Triple Triad will be implemented as well, but this isn't something that will just be contained in the Gold Saucer, as it can be played in other places throughout Eorzea. "

OMG. Can I play against friends around Eorzea then? Probably not huh? :C

IMBored

" Triple Triad will be implemented as well, but this isn't something that will just be contained in the Gold Saucer, as it can be played in other places throughout Eorzea. "

OMG. Can I play against friends around Eorzea then? Or even random NPCs that have special cards like FFVIII? :O

I can't wait to see for how much rare cards will go on the MB.

studyguy

Do people still FATE grind beyond say... atma or a random daily?
Like I can't recall the last time that I had to do a string of FATEs.

scy

Guildhests, duh.

If they throw it into normal content then probably everywhere will be reused. Dungeons for cards of the bosses there to get people back into them. Because collecting, duh.

Do people still FATE grind beyond say... atma or a random daily?
Like I can't recall the last time that I had to do a string of FATEs.

Low level DPS queues I guess.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Just a misplaced text resource.
Heavies that Gorinych's adds cast in SV Hard still display Ingenuity text, I even submitted bug report about that.

chrono01

For BLM's, the priority for our stats actually go:

ACC [up until the cap for what you're raiding] > INT > CRIT > SSPD > DET

CRIT/SSPD scale so much better with your gear than DET does. Perhaps early on DET is better [although I'd still personally choose CRIT/SSPD], but once you reach Level 50 and begin gearing yourself up, it's replaced pretty quickly by CRIT/SSPD.

Obviously DET isn't useless, but if you have the choice of a piece of gear that has CRIT/SSPD or one that has DET, go with the former.

aceface

CRIT/SSPD scale so much better with your gear than DET does. Perhaps early on DET is better [although I'd still personally choose CRIT/SSPD], but once you reach Level 50 and begin gearing yourself up, it's replaced pretty quickly by CRIT/SSPD.

Obviously DET isn't useless, but if you have the choice of a piece of gear that has CRIT/SSPD or one that has DET, go with the former.

Well the master has spoken, go all out on crit :D

I actually have some physical Triple Triad cards from the old days, I should break them out.

On spell speed I'm wondering, do you switch to Thunder 3 after Blizzard 3 if you have enough or do you just stop getting the 2 ticks of mana most of the time and restart Fire III > Fire I spam without full mana? Currently I have very basic stats and I often end up not having 2 ticks(kinda depends on when it ticks after I blizzard III), I'm wondering if it's a DPS loss to only have one tick, if I should weave in Scathe to get a 2nd tick or ignore it, and I've been considering switching from Thunder II to Thunder III during the mana regen phase to make sure I get 2 ticks.

Sorry for the newb question but the BLM rotation threads/pages I've found are from fairly long ago and I'm not too sure if they're still up to date especially with BLM buffs in 2.3(or whenever it was).

Also would that make the BLM Novus Crit/Spellspeed instead of Crit/Det? That sounds a hell of a lot cheaper.

chrono01

Well the master has spoken, go all out on crit :D
I'm not sure I'd consider myself a "master", but I appreciate the compliment. :)

On spell speed I'm wondering, do you switch to Thunder 3 after Blizzard 3 if you have enough or do you just stop getting the 2 ticks of mana most of the time and restart Fire III > Fire I spam without full mana? Currently I have very basic stats and I often end up not having 2 ticks(kinda depends on when it ticks after I blizzard III), I'm wondering if it's a DPS loss to only have one tick, if I should weave in Scathe to get a 2nd tick or ignore it, and I've been considering switching from Thunder II to Thunder III during the mana regen phase to make sure I get 2 ticks.

Also would that make the BLM Novus Crit/Spellspeed instead of Crit/Det? That sounds a hell of a lot cheaper.
For applying/refreshing Thunder, I always use Thunder II over Thunder III. The actual damage it does between the two isn't huge, and being able to get the DOT on the boss as quickly as possible [and resuming the Fire rotation] is more important to me. The majority of your damage from it will come from the Thunderstruck proc in which case I use Thunder III.

As for the "ticks" during Umbral Ice, the first one will give me enough mana to begin casting Thunder II and, by the time that finishes, I receive the second tick bringing me up to full mana so I can begin my Fire rotation again. If, however, I have enough mana to start casting Thunder II right away [after switching into Umbral Ice III], I'll toss a Scathe in there to "buffer" the time in-between the next tick as the timing can be a bit...random sometimes. The more you play, though, the easier it will be to judge the timing between them.

As a BLM [I'm sure you know this], you never want to be there doing nothing, so if you need to wait a second or two for that second tick from Umbral Ice, definitely cast a Scathe. It doesn't do a lot of damage [unless you get the proc AND it crits], but it's better than doing nothing.

For reference, my rotation goes:

Thunder II --> Fire III --> Raging Strikes --> Quelling Strikes --> Fire I [until around 500 Mana] --> Swiftcast --> Flare --> Convert --> Fire I --> Blizzard III --> Thunder II --> Fire III [when at full mana] --> Fire I --> [Rinse/Repeat]

Obviously this is only when CD's are up. For the general rotation it goes:

Thunder II --> Fire III --> Fire I [until around 500 Mana] --> Blizzard III --> Thunder II --> Fire III [when at full mana] --> Fire I --> [Rinse/Repeat]

As for the Novus, I don't have mine yet [still working on the books], but I'll definitely be going for CRIT/SSPD for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom