• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Sorry for using this thread for this, we haven't set up our board yet but will soon.

Hey coil static, I had something come up today. This week has been bad.

Sorry about the late notice.

It's all good. We put together a team with some subs and got our weekly clears.

WolvenOne

Well, back in another Coil group now, at least tentatively. It's not really a T9 group, since it needs to brush up on T7 and T8 a bit to get their clears a bit more consistent, but at least I don't have to deal with the constant stress of having to pug anymore.

Granted, pugging people can get a player through T9 with a bit of luck, but the frustration and stress isn't something I'll miss. <_<;;

iammeiam

I think I'm going to finally experience the glory of DD first room runs this weekend. Need a new class to be incompetent at in end-game as I'm running out of things to do with the old one, and WHM in leveling dungeons post-regen is kind of too easy so I'd like to get to the other stuff.

Also PoM+Holy spam is pretty fun.

It's definitely worth trying out. We BLM's are all about testing our theories in-battle!

You might be interested in these alternate rotations someone came up with that I posted a link to some pages back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8tPTAXAfY

Basically, the guy came up with a slightly different rotation and a couple of priority-based rotations depending on what CDs and procs are up.

Opener with all CDs up:
Fire 3 > Fire > Thunder 1/2 > [Firestarter] > Fire > Raging Strikes > [Firestarter] > Fire > Fire > Flare > [Firestarter] > Convert > Fire > Swiftcast Flare > [Firestarter] > Transpose > Blizzard > Thunder 2 > Fire 3

Rotation with Swiftcast up:
Fire 3 > Fire spam > Swiftcast Flare > Transpose > Blizzard > Thunder 2 > Fire 3

Rotation with Firestarter up towards the end:
Fire 3 > Spam Fire > Flare > Firestarter > Transpose > Blizzard > Thunder 2 > Fire 3

Rotation for bosses that disappear and kill your stacks:
Fire 3 > Fire > Thunder 1 /2 > Fire > Fire > Fire > Swiftcast Flare or Flare/Firestarter or Blizzard/Thunder/Fire3

Since I play on PS4, I don't really have a good means to test this and get exact numbers. I don't really want to take a guy in a video's word for granted that it's a DPS increase without checking it first.

But I'm keen to see what other people find, as from a purely subjective view, I do find this rotation more engaging than the standard one and a bit more satisfying when the stars align.

I'd give some sample numbers from Coil this week straight from Someone In Our Static's Abacus, but I can't remember whether I was doing this rotation or the standard rotation then. But I guess I can try it in Turn 8 on Tuesday and see what I get, it'll probably be a fair number since I'm the only caster and don't get an INT buff or Foe Requiem, and all I have to do is hit towers every now and then.&#65288;´&#12539;&#969;&#12539;&#65344;&#65289;

IvorB

I'm in the same boat. I've been stuck at 9 atmas for what feels like weeks so I came up with a plan to save my sanity. I finally got Scylla's boots of casting today so I'll grind hunts to cap soldiery (and hopefully get a log or two) for this week, then next week run Syrcus Tower for a UAT, cap soldiery again, then go straight for the Laevateinn. By then I'll hopefully have 3 logs from hunting but if not I'll have enough allied seals to buy my way to the sands I'll need to unweather it. Those two weeks will probably be far less painful than atma grinding.

Oh I'll still grind dat ATMA. I've come to far and, to be honest, it hasn't been that painful. Hopefully I can score a few more this weekend. The book stuff sounds really fun so I just want to get through this pain point. I want a customized weapon. The Leviatetin is just for accuracy so I can start doing Coil.

I never thought to do an extra Fire 1 after using Convert from Flare either, that's a good idea.

Oh yeah. Good shout. Silly me I've been going straight into Blizzard III after convert when there is space for one more Fire I

Munba

Some latest shots,

ieHIWTpnhSI9c.jpg

ibzwdAJdUm0SHI.jpg

ihYNZVDIsa8Ci.jpg

iAwcvB4vemAEP.jpg

iZEkrg21ZYWmF.jpg

iraFSsif0UL5s.jpg

iAhCrzudIylTh.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wait, Gilgamesh actually has a move called Pradamante?
That's amazing.
And even more baffling that they left him attempting to cast Megaflare out of the English translation of his lines.

Valor

It is really boring. I am always on the boss and I get bored to tears. Even doing towers only lessens the boredom by a small amount.

There's a lot of mechanics in t8 that you can be taking part in. As bard, I'm never really bored in t8 because I have to do a lot. As monk it's pretty bland and you just punch away and let your teammates carry you to victory.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
That's amazing.
And even more baffling that they left him attempting to cast Megaflare out of the English translation of his lines.

The English translation sometimes goes a little far in its attempts to spice up the script and instead makes stuff up as it pleases. On the other hand, 'Quake Me Up Before You O'Ghomoro' shows the localisers are clearly geniuses who should know no editing. A conundrum.

Drac

There's a lot of mechanics in t8 that you can be taking part in. As bard, I'm never really bored in t8 because I have to do a lot. As monk it's pretty bland and you just punch away and let your teammates carry you to victory.

I take offence in that as a Monk :eek: I'm handling the homming missiles, brainjack, backup for tower activation and mines when someone has allangan field, and i'm still the best dps of my static with all that at 420-430, it's one of my favorite fight :) so much to do !

But yeah, if you are bored, just ask to rotate the responsability of the fight between members so every one can have some fun.

Isaccard

For BLM's, the priority for our stats actually go:

ACC [up until the cap for what you're raiding] > INT > CRIT > SSPD > DET

CRIT/SSPD scale so much better with your gear than DET does. Perhaps early on DET is better [although I'd still personally choose CRIT/SSPD], but once you reach Level 50 and begin gearing yourself up, it's replaced pretty quickly by CRIT/SSPD.

Obviously DET isn't useless, but if you have the choice of a piece of gear that has CRIT/SSPD or one that has DET, go with the former.

personally I go SS > Det > Crit

Alex

The most difficult part of Second Coil is overgearing Turn 7.

I'd like to do more meaningful shots at Savage but it's now become fairly difficult to keep recasting spots in my now fifth static this tier for normal modes, let alone trying to convince the highly unpunctual userbase to go learn (essentially) unitemized content. It's making me fairly moody and it's probably about time for another break until something can give with the way they handle content.

IvorB

That's amazing.

I'm hoping to fight Gilgamesh this weekend. I shudder to think what the wait times will be.

IvorB

It is very rare that you wouldn't be able to get a GAF group together for Greg. Everyone loves Greg and his chickens.

Oh really? That's great. Though I do wonder about attendance at the moment. Last night I was making my out of the O'Ghomorro mines and I was attacked out of the blue by Cornu (while in heavy state :-( ). I was literally struggling to get anyone to come down and kill him with me. An A rank hunt? What's the world coming to?

iammeiam

Oh really? That's great. Though I do wonder about attendance at the moment. Last night I was making my out of the O'Ghomorro mines and I was attacked out of the blue by Cornu (while in heavy state :-( ). I was literally struggling to get anyone to come down and kill him with me. An A rank hunt? What's the world coming to?

Greg is fun though. A ranks are not so much if you're not in an a-train frame of mind.

Zalasta

I guess the hunt madness has cooled down a bit. That's a bad thing I reckon.

As someone who doesn't belong to a hunt LS, the only thing I've noticed is less and less people calling out the targets. That's the only downside for me since FC is pretty much the only way I can get info unless I'm in the same zone. Other than that, I much prefer how it is now since I can still get full credit without having to worry about being in a party.

aceface

I'm hoping to fight Gilgamesh this weekend. I shudder to think what the wait times will be.

Let's do it tonight! I set aside a bottle of Ommegang Fire and Blood Red Ale a month ago to drink when I beat T8. Finally did it last sunday so will be cracking that open for help night shenanigans. It should be a fun night.

Valor

I take offence in that as a Monk :eek: I'm handling the homming missiles, brainjack, backup for tower activation and mines when someone has allangan field, and i'm still the best dps of my static with all that at 420-430, it's one of my favorite fight :) so much to do !

But yeah, if you are bored, just ask to rotate the responsability of the fight between members so every one can have some fun.
Your bard be slackin'.

Nah, but that is pretty impressive if true, since most people I think would complain about hitting towers and losing positionals during brainjack. Yeah, the last line is something I should have also stressed. If you're bored, maybe you could always do more stuff. Not like T8 is in need of more mechanics.

Frazley

Let's do it tonight! I set aside a bottle of Ommegang Fire and Blood Red Ale a month ago to drink when I beat T8. Finally did it last sunday so will be cracking that open for help night shenanigans. It should be a fun night.
Let me know what time tonight. I'll fight him. I'm a DPS and have beat him before, I love Greg. Anytime EST before I fall asleep around 11pm EST.

Wilsongt

Yup. I can whole-heartily co-sign this. If I get to Novus it's in my mind to go all out on SS and Crit.

I feel re-assured. :)

This is me at the moment. 540 crit is great.

For the thunder question I also use the down time in Umbral Ice to re-apply this. Though now for the opening of fights I start with Thunder III to maximse on Raging Strikes which I normally pop at the beginning.

While we're having this BLM pow wow I have a question. So Firestarter only shows up when your Fire I actually hits. But typically you could start casting a Fire I again before this happens, especially as I like to stand as far away from the target as possible. So what do people do, wait that split second to find out if you got Firestarter or just dive into the next Fire I and throw the Firestarter afterwards? This means you could be casting Fire I when you have a Firestarter ready to go and it could be potentially wasted.

Your lack of minions makes me a sad giraffe.

Ala Alba

Lord. What happened this time? What's your name on Sarg?

Jason Chevallier. Nothing in particular, just a lot of the people I know leaving the company. Of those players left, only a few seem even close to being active. There are also only maybe half a dozen members at best that even know what NeoGAF is.

If the Ultros FC is still quite active, I might enjoy it more.

Frazley

I'm thinking of transferring to Ultros (Red Dot feels like it's falling apart).

Is the NeoGAF FC there still active?

Eh, we don't exercise much, but we game a lot..

Ohhhh, you meant active in terms of player activity. Heck yeah, it is active. Always hundreds of members online and Drama does an awesome job on our garden. Helped me get my Dalamund Red chocobo!

Ala Alba

Ohhhh, you meant active in terms of player activity. Heck yeah, it is active. Always hundreds of members online and Drama does an awesome job on our garden. Helped me get my Dalamund Red chocobo!

I might transfer, then. I'd just have to find a way to store 2.2 million gil in items. Plus, it'd allow me to change my name, which I've been wanting to do.

studyguy

So after that Han Lemon I gave my chocobo I fed him a bunch of berries and panicked since he looked like he was Sky Blue again. Was ready to curse YoshiP's name, but then I checked. Seafog Blue.

whew
Shit looks absolutely the same lol

aceface

Let me know what time tonight. I'll fight him. I'm a DPS and have beat him before, I love Greg. Anytime EST before I fall asleep around 11pm EST.

The fun starts at 9pm eastern!

I'm thinking of transferring to Ultros (Red Dot feels like it's falling apart).

Is the NeoGAF FC there still active?

Yeah it's still active. Usually about 75-90 people on during prime time at night in NA and hunts seem to have not killed FC chat amazingly.

Wilsongt

Jason Chevallier. Nothing in particular, just a lot of the people I know leaving the company. Of those players left, only a few seem even close to being active. There are also only maybe half a dozen members at best that even know what NeoGAF is.

If the Ultros FC is still quite active, I might enjoy it more.

Oh. Well, Dante and crew had some sort of hissy fit (which isn't unusual) and ditched for another FC. I haven't been on lately due to an active eye infection and I can't read shit. Last time I was there, those were the only people I know who left, unless others have.

Eldren

Unless you get very lucky I doubt you'll get 3logs from 3weeks of hunting if you only hunt enough to cap soldiery. You get 340soldiery from basically clearing all A ranks once, and the droprate on logs is pretty damn low. On the other hand, you get enough Allied Seals doing them that you'll be able to buy the logs regardless, so not a big deal unless you want to use the seals to buy other stuff(but then you can just keep hunting past the cap).

But yeah that's what I've been doing, I have enough now to buy a weathered weapon and upgrade it, though I'm not sure which class I should do it with, so for now I'm still using Zenith weapons. I really like BLM but at the same time I get in groups much faster with Scholar(which I also like, just is more annoying to play with all the stuff to keep in check vs LOLOLFIREFLAREFIRE).

I have 1 log saved up so I only need 500 allied seals which isn't too bad (I swear every time there's a big hunt at least 2 people in the linkshell get a log drop, what luck). The only vanity item I wanted to get with seals is the caster coat which I bought last night so I'm all set for buying logs. I still need to properly try out SMN/SCH, I'm interested in them but I think it'll take me a while to get used to pet control on the PS4 controller.

Oh I'll still grind dat ATMA. I've come to far and, to be honest, it hasn't been that painful. Hopefully I can score a few more this weekend. The book stuff sounds really fun so I just want to get through this pain point. I want a customized weapon. The Leviatetin is just for accuracy so I can start doing Coil.

Yeah I feel the same way, no point quitting at 9. May as well finish it. Part of me wants to hold on to them once I (hopefully) get the last 3, because I'm really looking forward to the mysterious far-off gun class and I might want to use them for that, even though it's obviously ages away. The thought of doing the whole grind again...pass. Books do sound more interesting, I guess that's some incentive.

Drama working like a slave in those gardens. No compensation yo, only the ability to kick people from the fc/mumble without reason.

I'd be abusing that power

IvorB

Sure thing, man.

Your lack of minions makes me a sad giraffe.

No time for minions. The only reason I have Buffy is because I participated in that surreal walk-round-with-a-minion to trigger the S rank. If Square gives me a pit fiend minion then we'll talk.

Yeah I feel the same way, no point quitting at 9. May as well finish it. Part of me wants to hold on to them once I (hopefully) get the last 3, because I'm really looking forward to the mysterious far-off gun class and I might want to use them for that, even though it's obviously ages away. The thought of doing the whole grind again...pass. Books do sound more interesting, I guess that's some incentive.

Yeah just keep going. Only three more to go.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Over ten Ramuh clears today, not a single heal ring.
Why you hate me Santa Claus? How many virginal sylphs do I have to sacrifice for this?

chrono01

You might be interested in these alternate rotations someone came up with that I posted a link to some pages back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8tPTAXAfY

Basically, the guy came up with a slightly different rotation and a couple of priority-based rotations depending on what CDs and procs are up.

Opener with all CDs up:
Fire 3 > Fire > Thunder 1/2 > [Firestarter] > Fire > Raging Strikes > [Firestarter] > Fire > Fire > Flare > [Firestarter] > Convert > Fire > Swiftcast Flare > [Firestarter] > Transpose > Blizzard > Thunder 2 > Fire 3

Rotation with Swiftcast up:
Fire 3 > Fire spam > Swiftcast Flare > Transpose > Blizzard > Thunder 2 > Fire 3

Rotation with Firestarter up towards the end:
Fire 3 > Spam Fire > Flare > Firestarter > Transpose > Blizzard > Thunder 2 > Fire 3

Rotation for bosses that disappear and kill your stacks:
Fire 3 > Fire > Thunder 1 /2 > Fire > Fire > Fire > Swiftcast Flare or Flare/Firestarter or Blizzard/Thunder/Fire3

Since I play on PS4, I don't really have a good means to test this and get exact numbers. I don't really want to take a guy in a video's word for granted that it's a DPS increase without checking it first.

But I'm keen to see what other people find, as from a purely subjective view, I do find this rotation more engaging than the standard one and a bit more satisfying when the stars align.

I'd give some sample numbers from Coil this week straight from Someone In Our Static's Abacus, but I can't remember whether I was doing this rotation or the standard rotation then. But I guess I can try it in Turn 8 on Tuesday and see what I get, it'll probably be a fair number since I'm the only caster and don't get an INT buff or Foe Requiem, and all I have to do is hit towers every now and then.&#65288;´&#12539;&#969;&#12539;&#65344;&#65289;
Interesting. That's the "weave" rotation, right? I haven't tried it yet, but I have seen it mentioned a few times.

I'm not sure how much I would like basing rotations on the Firestarter proc being up at specific times, though. You know how we can be when it comes to RNG. -_-

I guess if it wasn't up, I could just continue the rotation as is.

Thanks for sharing!

personally I go SS > Det > Crit
I could never live with having crit lowest on my priority. When I see one of my Fire III/Firestarter hits land a critical, I get tingly all over.

However, if it works for you, that is all that matters! There is no right/wrong answer when it comes to BLM's, unless you're doing something terribly wrong [like spec'ing for Piety].

However, if it works for you, that is all that matters! There is no right/wrong answer when it comes to BLM's, unless you're doing something terribly wrong [like spec'ing for Piety].

Once you get enough piety you can do 2 consecutive flares without transpose/changing stances. Thought you knew

studyguy

Gonna be the first PLD to meld for all MND and become an off healer just like 1.0.
I'm doing it guys.

I need 2.38 so hard, pls yoshida. I can't wait till next week

WolvenOne

Okay, not taking a break this weekend, but I wanna kill me some Ramuh's are gets me some loots. XD

Hopefully I'll be able to get a GAF party together.

My retainer went off and brought me back a Inferno Horn. Should I save it? Or if I sell it, how much do you think I could get for it? (If I even can sell it....?)

WolvenOne

My retainer went off and brought me back a Inferno Horn. Should I save it? Or if I sell it, how much do you think I could get for it? (If I even can sell it....?)

Sell it, it's the Ifrit EM crafting item, and is probably worth a ton right now. You likely cannot take advantage of yourself unless you have a hecka leveled up crafter in the right class, in addition to some other rather expensive items.

Check the market board to see how much they're selling for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom