• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

you can get sands, oils and wolf marks from aelina in mordhona, so i guess this is where you trade your allied points from hunts

"To view enemy HP as a percentage, select "Display target's remaining HP percentage" on the HUD tab under UI Settings in the Character Configuration interface."
this is super important guys!

iammeiam

Wow, a lot of these recipes are overkill material wise...

Also, each Craft has a recipe that uses the item from the 2.2 Crafting Mastery quests. I wonder how many we'll need to make this time? Presumably you'll be making these to gain access to the Demimateria recipes.

I hope it's not for basic demimateria recipe access; since you need demimateria to craft the new i55 DoH/DoL accessories, it'd suck to have those all gated behind master crafter status (when all the other i55 stuff for those classes is relatively accessible.)

I'd hope the uber recipes would be turn-ins for the new crafter mainhands.

Kenai

Glazenut in my sever is 150k.

If an individual person needs one for their own chocobo it I doubt it will stay at 150k. Hoping that's not the case.

I planned for just about everything else. the Dodore and Mossy Horns and even Urasus skin (pack rat lyfe fw, but that one slipped my mind, haha. ><

I hope it's not for basic demimateria recipe access; since you need demimateria to craft the new i55 DoH/DoL accessories, it'd suck to have those all gated behind master crafter status (when all the other i55 stuff for those classes is relatively accessible.)[.

It would really not surprised me if that was the case though. We knew that eventually they were going to gate this stuff so that not everyone would be able to make everything, and there'd be no point if they didn't actually want to make everything. This was going to be a slow process regardless.

As long as it's not something like Novus Materia breaking esque crap and various RNGesus worship required i don't really mind I guess.

If an individual person needs one for their own chocobo it I doubt it will stay at 150k. Hoping that's not the case.

I planned for just about everything else. the Dodore and Mossy Horns and even Urasus skin, but that one slipped my mind, haha. ><

The broom is actually to clean the entire stable for everyone in the fc, not just personal. Meaning it will only take a few brooms to make sure a decent size fc stable is always clean, unless one person somehow is always on and watching it(would assume it gets dirty every few hours or so).

Now when personal housing comes out I can only assume that every person with a house and stable would need a broom.

Kenai

The broom is actually to clean the entire stable for everyone in the fc, not just personal. Meaning it will only take a few brooms to make sure a decent size fc stable is always clean, unless one person somehow is always on and watching it(would assume it gets dirty every few hours or so).

Oh good.

My understanding is the brush is for the whole stable at large. Hopefully it's not a consumable, but...

Oh god no.

BadRNG

Holy hell at the recipes requirements. Millions and millions of gold for a single vanity weapon? I don't know how a "casual" player could afford this stuff, the prices are going to be insane unless there is something we are missing here.

I wish the notes explained how demimateria works, I'm guessing it's from desything 100% spiritbonded gear but who knows.

An issue wherein thaumaturges and black mages were able to cast multiple fire-based spells under the effect of Umbral Ice I or II.
Death to the infinite flare aoe rotation?

2.3 crafters

mayweather-money.gif

BgDKvrX.gif

Aeana

Looking forward to not being able to kick crappy people from the FC because they happened to buy a personal room.

Kenai

Holy hell at the recipes requirements. Millions and millions of gold for a single vanity weapon? I don't know how a "casual" player could afford this stuff, the prices are going to be insane unless there is something we are missing here.

It doesn't actually seem that bad to me (unless you are on an Animus/Novus kick I guess) since the majority of that "millions" are from perfectly accessible crafting/tome items that we've had access to for a while now, minus the desynthy stuff which may or may not be bullcrap i guess.

So you can actually work for that stuff without spending that much money if you are/have access to a master craft (hey look this stuff matters naow maybe yay?), and for others I guess they really are interested in making sure a single toon isn't a one stop shop/one man/woman island unless they play nice with other people and wheel/deal/stockplie.

Looking forward to not being able to kick crappy people from the FC because they happened to buy a personal room.

Yea this part is really going to suck for you guys. I hope this fix it quickly because some of the stuff you have to do already (applications from toons that no longer exist) seems pretty bad.

chrono01

Death to the infinite flare aoe rotation?
Yeah, sounds like it.

I never used it personally, so it won't be a great loss for me. I know, theoretically, it was more DPS than the typical Fire III/Fire II/Flare combo [with Raging Strikes, Transpose, Convert and Swiftcast mixed in, of course], but it's not as though dungeon runs needed all of that DPS anyway, and the standard AOE rotation was more stable for me. If you didn't time that Flare correctly after coming out of Umbral Ice, be prepared to sit there doing nothing for a long while [unless you use a mana potion].

It definitely sounds like they removed it, though, at least from the wording.

BadRNG

Okay, so I only want to know one thing. How expensive is it going to be to make my AF dyable?

I mean, if you have to use DemiMateria and all that, which last I heard was related to the whole dyable AF thing.
You could of read the patch notes yourself? (Hint: The augmentations are under Alchemist)

Assuming you need one augmentation for every AF slot, you're looking at likely 2mil+ for a full set for your class. Based off materials most of them will be in the 500-750k range per.

WolvenOne

You could of read the patch notes yourself? (Hint: The augmentations are under Alchemist)

Assuming you need one augmentation for every AF slot, you're looking at likely 2mil+ for a full set for your class. Based off materials most of them will be in the 500-750k range per.

I was away from the computer, and most of the SE pages for FFXIV don't work on my phone for some reason.

iammeiam

I wish the notes explained how demimateria works, I'm guessing it's from desything 100% spiritbonded gear but who knows.

It better not require spiritbonding--the materia market is already nuts in the post-Novus world; making profiteers pick between converting and desynthing after spiritbond is just going to make prices worse.

Requiring spiritbonded items would also make the primal weapon requirements even more bullshit, since to desynth reliably you'd need multiple weapons you could spiritbond from the same primal (mandating either multiple 50s, or multiples of the same drop), that also belong to DoH classes you have at 50, so you could desynth at 100%.

....actually, thinking about it, have they said anything about a "request desynth" function? They're limiting the number of classes you can have reliably desynth; hopefully there's a method for having someone else desynth items you can't.

This is actually bonus shitty for GAF due to hitting the size limit constantly--even when they "fix" it, kicking people who have left the game for a while to free up room in the FC is going to take away their personal rooms.

KAT7wDu.jpg

It looks as if they are changing all the dagger and shorter sword styles for some odd reason. It's almost like they are going to be adding a dagger class sometime.

BadRNG

It better not require spiritbonding--the materia market is already nuts in the post-Novus world; making profiteers pick between converting and desynthing after spiritbond is just going to make prices worse.

Requiring spiritbonded items would also make the primal weapon requirements even more bullshit, since to desynth reliably you'd need multiple weapons you could spiritbond from the same primal (mandating either multiple 50s, or multiples of the same drop), that also belong to DoH classes you have at 50, so you could desynth at 100%.
This is actually bonus shitty for GAF due to hitting the size limit constantly--even when they "fix" it, kicking people who have left the game for a while to free up room in the FC is going to take away their personal rooms.
I thought it'd be related to spiritbonding since the flavor text for the demimateria all mention it. Maybe that just increases the chances?

I don't know why they can't just save the personal room to the player, so you can switch FCs or what not and the room just goes with you.

1185MB download on PS4.
1481 on PC.

iammeiam

I thought it'd be related to spiritbonding since the flavor text for the demimateria all mention it. Maybe that just increases the chances?

It's all stuff like:
A crystallized mass of residual spiritbond energies transferred to an article of weaponry or armor by its maker during the crafting process.

So it specifies at crafting (creation for the primal weapons), not during battle or whatever. So probably you can only desynth actual crafted items, not bought/drops? Maybe?

Scher

When I try to download the update, I keep getting an error message that says I need the latest version of DirectX. However, whenever I try to install the latest version of DirectX, it says that it's already installed. Anyone know what could be causing this problem?

chrono01

I don't know why they can't just save the personal room to the player, so you can switch FCs or what not and the room just goes with you.
This is always how I assumed that it would work, but it seems this isn't the case [from what I gather, anyway]. I thought it would be a "feature" you would unlock that's saved on your character, regardless of what FC you're in.

It's a good thing I have full intention of remaining a GAF FC member, otherwise I definitely wouldn't be purchasing a room.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
This is always how I assumed that it would work, but it seems this isn't the case [from what I gather, anyway]. I thought it would be a "feature" you would unlock that's saved on your character, regardless of what FC you're in.

It's a good thing I have full intention of remaining a GAF FC member, otherwise I definitely wouldn't be purchasing a room.

Now people will think twice before jumping ship to NA!

Well, I'm glad I made use of this while it was still working:

When joining Duty Roulette as a party, abandoning the duty within the first 10 minutes will incur a penalty.

Parties containing one or more members who have been penalized for abandoning a duty will be unable to register for duties via the Duty Finder.

"Why? Because fuck you, that's why." - Squenix

klee123

Well, I'm glad I made use of this while it was still working:

"Why? Because fuck you, that's why." - Squenix

For how long though?

I never really have an issue when I'm tanking, but when I'm dps and the tank/healer leaves within 10 seconds of the dungeon, it really gets infuriating.

For how long though?

I never really have an issue when I'm tanking, but when I'm dps and the tank/healer leaves within 10 seconds of the dungeon, it really gets infuriating.

Hmm, I don't think you understand exactly what this particular change applies to. It doesn't apply to people solo queueing for dungeons, being able to leave without penalty from that was fixed awhile back.

During the duration of patch 2.2x, it was possible to queue into Expert and High Level Duty Roulette as a party of 4. There were no restrictions on Light Parties leaving dungeons and immediately queueing for them. So what we would do is, form a party of 4 and queue for EXDR or HLDR and get into the dungeon. If the dungeon wasn't Brayflox or Wanderer's Palace, we would simply all leave and queue again until it was Bray or WP.

The purpose of this change is to prevent people from forming parties and "gambling" in the EXDR or HDLR until they got the desired speedrun dungeons. Because fuck you, that's why.

WolvenOne

For how long though?

This is more when the whole party queues up to an expert roulette together, and then quits. Basically people do this when they want to EXDR reward, but don't want to run one of the longer dungeuns.

So, they queue up over and over until they get the one they want.

That's understandable, but it's also putting additional load on the instance servers, just so players can circumvent the random nature of the Roulette system. So, no it's really not surprising that they decided to put a stop to this, they stopped similar behavior in the past after all.

Cmagus

Hopefully someone can get some stats on the new Syrcus Tower gear I need to know. Since the gear is named after the bosses in the tower I wonder if each item drops specific to that boss. Debating if I want a private room or if I should just wait till personal housing.

Hopefully someone can get some stats on the new Syrcus Tower gear I need to know. Since the gear is named after the bosses in the tower I wonder if each item drops specific to that boss. Debating if I want a private room or if I should just wait till personal housing.

Doubtful. That would leave groups open to all sorts of trolling and abandoning.

Nice vibe so far.

Edit -- Hm, not sure how I feel after listening to the whole thing. It's a nice beat, just not sure if it fits as a battle theme @@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom