• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I was doing ST a little while ago as SMN and noticed that some of the bosses were fully resisting Miasma. Is that an accuracy issue on my part or something else?

I think the mobs can only have so many debuffs on them when you engage, so get those first three debuffs landed quick.

I notice in ST that most players (aka the bad ones) don't reapply their debuffs after the first time so eventually you can get them on there eventually.

Claymore

Posted a while back, so repeat call here. I'm an player from the EU on Ultros, trying to get a (casual) static together.

We're 5/6 now so we need a few more EU (GMT) players. Daytime US is also possible ofcourse. Jobs are not set in stone yet.

So if you want a relaxed group to raid with, hit me up with a pm.

QP3

Food: Check
Beer: check
30 Days free trial: check

Let's do this ladies and gents. Just reached level 10, really enjoying it. I was doing a bit of grinding when I noticed a low level almost killed me! I was mindlessly hitting "tab" and "1" to grind, while also watching a game on the tv. Upon paying closer attention I noticed that their attacks had the orange "range" in which they covered. Neat, I suppose this'll force me to be focused on the game!

Man, I'm so close now to finishing the main storyline. Looking forward to working on my crafting more and doing the side missions next. Plus I'm stoked that horn sold for 2.75m so our tiny company will be able to buy a house soon!

Speaking of, besides crafting, are fates the quickest way to earn company points? Only 7%-ish percent left till rank 6.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hehe. It always makes me chuckle when PF groups sound ragey even in their description, and sit there waiting because people are put off by them before even joining the group. =p

So, I was doing ST a little while ago as SMN and noticed that some of the bosses were fully resisting Miasma. Is that an accuracy issue on my part or something else?

You must have misread it. It was resisting the disease part of Miasma since it was being applied so much that it built up resistance just like with stun.

Stuart444

The other day in Titan story healer landslided and I healed it on BLM.
No comms of course. Nobody ever commends BLMs.

aww, I would have if I was there. :) You'd deserve it.

edit: Just checked the Ramuh video on the previous page... that music sounds awesome. Reminds me a little of some of the more recent Atelier game music. <3

Can't wait to reach Ramuh now then.

Taruranto

asPPczh.jpg

Nice.

Jayhawk

Apparently you can force big fish to bite by not hooking any other fish which you can tell by the tug.
Why did no one tell me about this?

Because you're on the wrong server? You can also save time by only hooking the right fish when you need a specific fish for mooch since each fish size has a different sound and animation.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Because you're on the wrong server? You can also save time by only hooking the right fish when you need a specific fish for mooch since each fish size has a different sound and animation.

I guess the trick with fish is not to pull early.

spiritfox

Hi, I just bought this game, and I don't know where to begin. Is there any good/bad class and/or race? Also, are there any SEA/Oceanic Gaffers playing this game?

Cmagus

Hi, I just bought this game, and I don't know where to begin. Is there any good/bad class and/or race? Also, are there any SEA/Oceanic Gaffers playing this game?

Well you can join the Ultros server where there is lots of gaffers at all different times. As for starting classes that has to be based on what you want to focus on. Each class is very different and requires different gameplay but the nice thing about this game is that at anytime if you don't like your class you can just switch by equipping another class weapon. You'll be best to start and try out a few classes to see what you like best and honestly a lot of the time it's the class you think you won't like that you end up finding fun.

spiritfox

Well you can join the Ultros server where there is lots of gaffers at all different times. As for starting classes that has to be based on what you want to focus on. Each class is very different and requires different gameplay but the nice thing about this game is that at anytime if you don't like your class you can just switch by equipping another class weapon. You'll be best to start and try out a few classes to see what you like best and honestly a lot of the time it's the class you think you won't like that you end up finding fun.

Oh, you're not locked into your starting class? That's nice.

So I've had this game for awhile, must have picked it up during a Steam Sale awhile back. Decided to play it when there was a free weekend a few weeks back, found I was enjoying it, realised I had a 30 day free trial and I'm now hooked.

Loving my little Lalafell dude, just got him up to level 25 Conjurer today, got my Chocobo and racing towards level 30 for some White Mage fun times (and having my Chocobo as a companion for battles is going to be great as well ^_^). Really am loving the controller support for this, makes hooking it up to the TV and relaxing on the couch for a few hours a blast.

Isaccard

So I've had this game for awhile, must have picked it up during a Steam Sale awhile back. Decided to play it when there was a free weekend a few weeks back, found I was enjoying it, realised I had a 30 day free trial and I'm now hooked.

Loving my little Lalafell dude, just got him up to level 25 Conjurer today, got my Chocobo and racing towards level 30 for some White Mage fun times (and having my Chocobo as a companion for battles is going to be great as well ^_^). Really am loving the controller support for this, makes hooking it up to the TV and relaxing on the couch for a few hours a blast.

If you're on Ultros you should join the rest of us

this thread is barely moving anymore. how many people quit? SE gotta feel the hunt clusterfuck in their wallets right about now :D

let's see if they make the same mistake twice.

Onyar

I just came back today from more than 10 months off and I have some really noobie questions.

I just realized that my character is at lvl 21 and the recomendations panel is saying to do quests from much less level, whats the best option here? Don't do it for if I want another class or better do all quests regarless the level?

Where I can get the mount?

Are FC really important nowadays?

Would anyone know why my (correct) password for my square enix account is being recognized as incorrect on the mogstation and FF14 itself? It has done the same thing with a couple passwords now. For giggles I went and tried to reset my password to the same thing and it tells me "You cannot use the same text string from your current password for your new password.". But when I try to log in with that same password it is incorrect for some reason.

Would anyone know why my (correct) password for my square enix account is being recognized as incorrect on the mogstation and FF14 itself? It has done the same thing with a couple passwords now. For giggles I went and tried to reset my password to the same thing and it tells me "You cannot use the same text string from your current password for your new password.". But when I try to log in with that same password it is incorrect for some reason.
Are you using your username or email to log in? Try to switch. Or it might be a token problem.

suzu

I just came back today from more than 10 months off and I have some really noobie questions.

I just realized that my character is at lvl 21 and the recomendations panel is saying to do quests from much less level, whats the best option here? Don't do it for if I want another class or better do all quests regarless the level?

Where I can get the mount?

Are FC really important nowadays?

You can ignore low level quests. Just make sure to follow the main story/scenario quests (looks like a fire surrounding the ! icon) and your class quests (from your class's guild npc).

You get a mount at level 20 if you follow the main story quests and after you join a grand company (GC). Check this link for reference.

A free company (FC) is basically a clan/guild.

Onyar

You can ignore low level quests. Just make sure to follow the main story/scenario quests (looks like a fire surrounding the ! icon) and your class quests (from your class's guild npc).

You get a mount at level 20 if you follow the main story quests and after you join a grand company (GC). Check this link for reference.

A free company (FC) is basically a clan/guild.

Thanks a lot!

iammeiam

this thread is barely moving anymore. how many people quit? SE gotta feel the hunt clusterfuck in their wallets right about now :D

All I have done like all week is fish. There's not a lot to say about it.

But SE still gets my money so.

Which password error are you getting? "User ID or password is incorrect" is your actual password being the problem; "invalid password" means your security token entry is incorrect/the problem.

Which password error are you getting? "User ID or password is incorrect" is your actual password being the problem; "invalid password" means your security token entry is incorrect/the problem.
The first one. Looks like I'd missed a notice saying my account had been flagged for suspicious activity (I stopped playing, oh no?) and I need to reset my password. Guess I just need to remember my security questions now.

Edit: I figured it out! About damn time.

Sadly it's 2.1 over again...where most folks have done most of the content and probably just log to cap and do Coil or something. I know once I do my DR's for the day and such, I tend to just alt tab out and do other stuff on the computer and hop back on if anything exciting is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom