• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

1.6m ~ 2m on Ultros

You should take a break.

Tentative plan is that I'm taking at least one day off this weekend. However I need to finish capping Soldiery and get my Chocobo Challenge Log stuff done for the week, so I need to sign on to do that at least. Aside from that, if I'm around for a Ramuh run, I'll go for it, cause I would love some new loot.

I am taking it easy this weekend though, one way or another.

Sell it, it's the Ifrit EM crafting item, and is probably worth a ton right now. You likely cannot take advantage of yourself unless you have a hecka leveled up crafter in the right class, in addition to some other rather expensive items.

Check the market board to see how much they're selling for.
Yeah, my board was blank so that's why I was curious how much other people were seeing them go for. I'll toss it up for a couple of million then because I don't think I'm ever going to be in the frame of mind that I'm gonna care that much. FFXIV is my casual game I play just cause I enjoy the questing.
1.6m ~ 2m on Ultros
Thanks! Good to know a decent starting point. Will help towards my FC house! :)

Talaysen

Interesting. That's the "weave" rotation, right? I haven't tried it yet, but I have seen it mentioned a few times.

I'm not sure how much I would like basing rotations on the Firestarter proc being up at specific times, though. You know how we can be when it comes to RNG. -_-

I guess if it wasn't up, I could just continue the rotation as is.

Thanks for sharing!

The idea is that if the Firestarter doesn't proc, you just go on without it. It's just (supposedly) a rotation that maximizes average DPS taking into account the probability of procs.

chrono01

The idea is that if the Firestarter doesn't proc, you just go on without it. It's just (supposedly) a rotation that maximizes average DPS taking into account the probability of procs.

Ah, I gotcha.

Once you get enough piety you can do 2 consecutive flares without transpose/changing stances. Thought you knew
This is what I get for falling asleep in BLM class.

Be right back, respec'ing to full Piety.

I might transfer, then. I'd just have to find a way to store 2.2 million gil in items. Plus, it'd allow me to change my name, which I've been wanting to do.

It's important to realize that relative values of items will be different on different servers. Plan accordingly before you attempt to move Gil into items before your transfer.

studyguy

Turns out snurbles are real.
paYGTMu.jpg

Today is going to be my only not busy day, hope I get to clear something with a pug on coil.

Shamdeo

(Rookie here)

Why do the enemies sometimes become "invulnerable" upon retreat? Am I pulling them too far away?

Affirmative. They have a range or "leash" before they'll run back to their "territory". Its similar to FFXII just that mobs are invulnerable as they return.

Beware as this doesn't occur in dungeons and most instanced duties.

studyguy

(Rookie here)

Why do the enemies sometimes become "invulnerable" upon retreat? Am I pulling them too far away?

That's exactly it, 1.0 used to have no leash so you'd never be able to run away and just die ala XI. They changed that pretty quick tho

QP3

That's exactly it, 1.0 used to have no leash so you'd never be able to run away and just die ala XI. They changed that pretty quick tho

Affirmative. They have a range or "leash" before they'll run back to their "territory". Its similar to FFXII just that mobs are invulnerable as they return.

Beware as this doesn't occur in dungeons and most instanced duties.

Gotcha, thanks!

WolvenOne

I want a tank weapon that is so powerful, that simply unseathing it draws aggro on every mob in a zone, and cancels out thier normal leash ranges. XD

Ala Alba

It's important to realize that relative values of items will be different on different servers. Plan accordingly before you attempt to move Gil into items before your transfer.

I know. I'm planning on a name change anyway, so I'm going to create a new character with my current name and use it to peruse the market boards.

Acorn

Hey quick q guys.

I'm looking at getting this but I'm not really huge on FF mythology but I'm interested in trying it since I fairly recently played and enjoyed my first mmo (DCUO played right through to current top tier end game). I understand dcuo is apparently novice level mmo so how does this compare? Easy to learn? Enjoyable even if you don't care for ff story stuff?

Qvoth

i tried fire weaving for a bit, i think it wastes too much time if you have raging strikes on you

i start with thunder 3 (cast before the tank pulls) > fire 3 > raging strikes > fire until low mana and use procs whenever > swiftcast flare > convert > fire > blizzard 3 > thunder 2 > etc

am on 251 piety with scholar buff

Isaccard

I could never live with having crit lowest on my priority. When I see one of my Fire III/Firestarter hits land a critical, I get tingly all over.

However, if it works for you, that is all that matters! There is no right/wrong answer when it comes to BLM's, unless you're doing something terribly wrong [like spec'ing for Piety].

It's all just theorycrafting, hear say and following math on reddit and the official fourms, but as I understand it Crit scales really badly the more of it you have, The more SS you have is a steady DPS gain, and the more Det the better. But yeah, as you said, it's personal preference; whatever works for the individual

even piety, because why not

or maybe mind for that OP Physick

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hey quick q guys.

I'm looking at getting this but I'm not really huge on FF mythology but I'm interested in trying it since I fairly recently played and enjoyed my first mmo (DCUO played right through to current top tier end game). I understand dcuo is apparently novice level mmo so how does this compare? Easy to learn? Enjoyable even if you don't care for ff story stuff?

The story of this game is insular, most Final Fantasy games are, with some shared ideas and a few nods here and there to the other Final Fantasy games. You'll be perfectly fine starting it. The game is challenging in late game content, if you are looking for that kind of difficulty it's right here.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hey quick q guys.

The game is really good about settling you in.
Production values are quite high making it enjoyable even if you don't care about FF nods, most of which aren't really all that intruding.

Edit: How do I into mastercraft gear tokens?
I used this rotation to get my artisan spectacles:
Comfrot Zone > Piece by Piece > Inner Quiet > Steady Hand 2 > Basic Touch x5 > Manipulation > Steady Hand > Standard Touch > Great Strides > Ingenuity 2 > Byregot's Blessing > Standard Synthesis > Careful Synthesis 2 x2
Given HQ mats it's generally reliable but if this Piece by Piece here fails, then I'm screwed, gotta reclaim and try again.

BadRNG

How do I into mastercraft gear tokens?
Comfrot Zone > Piece by Piece > Inner Quiet > Steady Hand 2 > Basic Touch x5 > Manipulation > Steady Hand > Standard Touch > Great Strides > Ingenuity 2 > Byregot's Blessing > Standard Synthesis > Careful Synthesis 2 x2
Given HQ mats it's generally reliable but if this Piece by Piece here fails, then I'm screwed, gotta reclaim and try again.
What's your craftsmanship at? Unless you are really undermelded you shouldn't need to waste cp on PbP or a SS, 4 CSII under ING2 should be enough. PbP is really only needed on 3star stuff.

I barely had any cross class skills when I did my first tool/glasses, but for the other seven along with who knows how many relish/salts for demimateria, I've used this rotation. It's worth noting that you can't drop GS like the edit says for ALC, you won't reach 100% unless you got some Goods/Excellents during some of the touches, so don't be cheap on food if doing alch.

(Edit cause it's late and I'm not confident I read your post 100% right, but if I am mistaken and you meant the token for supra, those items do not need to be HQ)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What's your craftsmanship at? Unless you are really undermelded you shouldn't need to waste cp on PbP or a SS, 4 CSII under ING2 should be enough. PbP is really only needed on 3star stuff.

I barely had any cross class skills when I did my first tool/glasses, but for the other seven along with who knows how many relish/salts for demimateria, I've used this rotation. It's worth noting that you can't drop GS like the edit says for ALC, you won't reach 100% unless you got some Goods/Excellents during some of the touches, so don't be cheap on food if doing alch.

(Edit cause it's late and I'm not confident I read your post 100% right, but if I am mistaken and you meant the token for supra, those items do not need to be HQ)

My craftsmanship was 366 without glasses and is now 370.
I was undershooting I think 8 progress as I ran out of durability.
I'll experiment a bit but... idk.
CP aren't a problem too much as I get I think 395? with Bouilabaisse.

Talaysen

That looks like the rotation I used too.

this will sound like a dumb question, but since I plan to renew my sub for the 2.38 patch on Tuesday, I should have no problem renewing it while the game is under maintenance late Monday night, correct?

Acorn

The game is really good about settling you in.
Production values are quite high making it enjoyable even if you don't care about FF nods, most of which aren't really all that intruding.

Edit: How do I into mastercraft gear tokens?

The story of this game is insular, most Final Fantasy games are, with some shared ideas and a few nods here and there to the other Final Fantasy games. You'll be perfectly fine starting it. The game is challenging in late game content, if you are looking for that kind of difficulty it's right here.
Thanks guys, gonna get it tonight.

aceface

The Ixal quests actually got me to do crafting for the first time, which opened up a whole new set of content for me. I'm enjoying it.

IvorB

Unexpectedly found my way into a T5 group on Noob Night Last night and cleared Twintania. Not bad for my first step into Coil. Noob Night rocks! Titan Ex still refused though. What a douche :-(

iammeiam

Soldiery or ST body for BARD?
My 2nd job.

Maybe I should get the body and spend the sol. points on accessories.

Auroral Tabard is BiS for bard. Crit + Det = win

Amon's coat trades in some of the crit and all of the det for Accuracy, but if you get his pants+boots the coat accuracy is probably just going to go to waste (or if you're not doing accuracy-requiring content on Bard), so get the sold body because hitting harder is always useful.

And then glamour over it because the bard soldiery stuff is ugly.

Frazley

Who exactly is Mr. Face? Can't find any info on him, but I've heard of him before.

So want the Gilgamesh minion! Ah well a year from now I will have it.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So, I was doing ST a little while ago as SMN and noticed that some of the bosses were fully resisting Miasma. Is that an accuracy issue on my part or something else?

So, I was doing ST a little while ago as SMN and noticed that some of the bosses were fully resisting Miasma. Is that an accuracy issue on my part or something else?

Weren't you just seeing the resist on the slow/heal reduction part? I believe they're separate so you can apply the dot but not the slow, or the mob is immune to it after getting hit 150times by it over the course of the fight.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Weren't you just seeing the resist on the slow/heal reduction part? I believe they're separate so you can apply the dot but not the slow, or the mob is immune to it after getting hit 150times by it over the course of the fight.

Yeah, it wasn't sticking at all, so it may be the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom