• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Wow.... the fuck?

Novus are mysterious things...

tasC0r3.png

No, I mean play more as "you actually had a reason to log once you cap soldiery and did coil".

Let's not pretend this situation is anything new, it was the same pre 2.1, after 2.1, after 2.2 and it will be the same 1-2 months after every major patch as long they employ this tipe of progression and waste major resources on random fanservice like Gilgamesh fight. People sub for major patches and then unsub until the next one.

People don't run dungeons much anymore because they already got most soldiery stuff 1 patch ago and a new tier of Yoshitomes is coming, they don't run primals because either they already have the items they wanted at this point or are waiting the new patch for the iLevel bump, if they do coil regularly they clear the turns with their static on the first day and then log off. At best they log each day for 1 Map + Dailies, but that's it.

yes, it's always getting dull between patches. i just notice all these coil groups falling apart because the payoff is rather tiny. feels bad when all you have left to do is basic ios tasks, daily.

Yeah, I'm not really pleased with the content situation either, it's just very haphazard and poorly managed, they don't seem to have any clear goals for game progression or player retention. Instead of fixing wasted assets and obvious holes in the game they've just been layering on insulting bandages to waste time like Hunts and Relics. I still dig the game for what it is though, but I can't stick around consistently. I'm planning to let my sub lapse here in a few weeks and if 2.4 is the same ol', same ol' I'll just take a snooze until 3.0, which should be a lot of fun with all that new stuff.

And yeah, this game is super-duper casual, literally the most casual MMO userbase I've seen and I've been playing since Ultima Online. Given that it has a large console userbase and a dearth of progression content it's not really a big shocker though.

Thing that's funny though is that is XIV actually does a better job of preparing you for basics of end-game than most MMOs, overpreparing in some spots, most just let you hit the brick wall and depend on the playerbase to teach you. I mean yeah the tutorials are too easy but at least attempts are made. It's always funny to watch Guildhests though. People confused what to do, while the game gives a big pop up telling very concisely what to do. Also, the crier screams at you non-stop when you make a mistake.

Did the Malboro one one guy would not, could not understand that you don't pop the purple bubbles until he was set aside like a child and told directly by the WHM in the group.

good post+agreed. this game is pretty casual. i miss EQ style dungeons where you had to pull mobs carefully if you didn't want to get wrecked. slow dungeon crawling to your desired spot, set up camp and farm for a few hours, ideally. yes, the userbase is very different from earlier mmorpgs. lots of FF and anime fans in general. i think the commununity got a bit nicer these past few months. most asshats left months ago. i only saw real trolling in ST 1-2x. yea, that's the positive side.

scy

(Alternatively, the image above is how I feel whenever we wipe to Ramuh after saying we're going to "farm" it for ponies...)

sacrifices to the RNG gods

i miss EQ style dungeons where you had to pull mobs carefully if you didn't want to get wrecked. slow dungeon crawling to your desired spot, set up camp and farm for a few hours, ideally.

The first half I can sort of get behind, though it does add an extra layer of stuff to know when going into dungeons down the road which makes it awkward for late comers. Not sure about the latter, however. I don't think I really miss the days of /ooc camp check and so-on. Then again, embracing things like DD EXP runs could be a thing for future design if nothing else.

BadRNG

You guys laugh now but when Shiva EX has that super DRG tank strat, who will be laughing then?!
until they patch it out

Frazley

Woo! Just finished the beastman tribe part of the Monk relic quest right before the servers went down. That last mob was hard to find. I really took it to the nail.

Teknoman

I havent quit, I just havent had enough time to jump back on. Between new work hours, beating backlog stuff, and the coming stream of great stuff ending up 2014, among other real life stuff... i'm a little pressed for time.

I still want to at least knock out first coil. I know i've still got Ifrit EX and Ramuh+Ramuh EX to do.

scy

patch notes or riotttttt

I still want to at least knock out first coil. I know i've still got Ifrit EX and Ramuh+Ramuh EX to do.

Yeah, I really want to see first and second coil at some point before 2.4. Though may not be too likely with the gearing after i90 stuff being primarily lockout gated.

...then again, i90 stuff is more than enough for much of that stuff too so I guess it works out.

WolvenOne

Yeeeeeaaaah, they need to let people re-spec at some point, just to give people whom didn't/don't understand specs, have a chance to correct their mistakes.

Or, to adjust for changes in gear balance. <_<;;

Might vary between servers, but 20mil is quite the exaggeration. I'm not sure why you mentioned EX since nothing from them is desynthable, the primal stuff that you farm is hardmodes, which are braindead easy and easily farmable even in pugs. You can either get a group specifically for farming them to desynth or just queue repeatedly as healer or tank depending on desynth class.

Yeah a large exageration on the money, it's probably closer to a few millions and if you get lucky on desynths it might even turn out free(though with an investment at first). Not sure why I thought it was EX you had to farm, makes it a lot faster, but yeah boring.

Anyway the time invested doesn't seem worth it at this point since so many people are already desynthing and as you said the prices on demimaterias keeps dropping. Maybe if they make them mandatory for something new(hi relic quest) they'll be on the rise again but atm it seems like a better time investment to just spiritbind crappy crafting gear at Urth gift, command IV tends to be a stable 200-250k and everything else almost is 75-100k and it's fairly consistent. Get that chocobo xp too at the same time, yay.

Jeels

I've been encouraging myself to try all the content in Xiv but the weapon quest is def a no go. No need to get sucked into that.

iammeiam

Chocos and ponies in housing districts!

Beardman DFable! I can finally get horrible experience!

Housing is a mess, but some ok stuff.

Edit: wait what:
Note that registering for this duty as a party requires a composition of two tanks, two healers, and four DPS.

Did they just nerf the solo tank strat? Noooo how am I gonna eventually cheese it.

chrono01

Players can now ride mounts within residential districts.

FINALLY!

Sands of Time

The treasure coffers that appear upon completing Turn 2 of the Second Coil of Bahamut will now always yield one pinch of sands of time. The coffers that appear after defeating Xande in Syrcus Tower will now always yield two pinches.

MORE SANDS!!!

Sorian

Banned
Hahaha well fuck housing.

Also, they are being really coy about how to upgrade novus, guess I'll try to log in when servers come up to play with the system. Off to get some sleep.

So they only added 2 wards to the 3 residential quarters, that's like what, 50ish small plots? That sounds fucking awful or am I missing something?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Adjustments have been made to the following items obtainable from treasure coffers in the Second Coil of Bahamut and Syrcus Tower.
Unidentified Allagan Tomestones / Oil of Time
The treasure coffers that appear upon completing Turn 1 of the Second Coil of Bahamut and defeating Amon and Xande in Syrcus Tower will now always yield the above items.

Sands of Time
The treasure coffers that appear upon completing Turn 2 of the Second Coil of Bahamut will now always yield one pinch of sands of time. The coffers that appear after defeating Xande in Syrcus Tower will now always yield two pinches.

Turn 6 and 7 become more valuable lol.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This sounds hilarious:

Once your relic weapon novus has been soulglazed by Jalzahn, complete certain activities with the weapon equipped to increase its soul attunement level. By presenting a fully attuned weapon to Jalzahn, you will be rewarded with a relic weapon nexus of item level 115 that retains all the upgrades made to the original relic weapon novus.

A weapon’s soul attunement level will rise by a set amount determined by the activity being performed. This amount, however, may increase each time a certain period of time passes. Thus sharing information with other players will be invaluable in planning the most efficient method of attunement.
Attunement progress can be verified through the use of the Zodiac glass.

One you have completed the quest “Mmmmmm, Soulglazed Relics,” you will be able to alter the materia-enhanced properties of your relic weapon novus or relic weapon nexus. Prepare a new sphere scroll of the correct type to receive the power of your chosen relic weapon, then use materia and alexandrite to redo the infusion process.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That "visual representation of sounds" thing sounds cool as hell. Very nice of them to add it to the game.

Mature

Hug and slap =]

This is kinda awesome:
"One additional unsheathed weapon idle pose has been added.
Use the /changepose emote with your weapon drawn, and your character will assume a new pose while holding his/her weapon.
There are separate male and female poses for each class.
Poses will not change for five seconds after executing auto-attacks or actions such as weapon skills."

Wilsongt

Players can now ride mounts within residential districts.

:O

Sands of Time

Yay! Poor mans/huntless mans/staticless mans sands of time! Just in time for item level increase in 2.4!

scy

WolvenOne

Sounds like to get the Nexus weapons, you need to to basically do something akin to the the Animus grind, except they're not telling you what enemies and dungeons you need to clear. XD

Jesus at the scaling housing prices based on server again, did they not learn anything from last time where everyone complained that a bigger/legacy server doesn't mean shit when it comes to average player gil?

I better get my 87.5 million Gil ready for my large personal house! Also, it seems my shuttle back to Elysium has been delayed, so I'll be doing fuck-all on Earth for a couple of hours while I wait.

I'm actually not sure if this is hilarious or not. I mean, there might be 2 people on the whole Ultros server who can afford to buy a large personal house the moment the servers come back up.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wonder if those housing prices will be the last straw for some players.

Hey, remember this?

Personal Housing
While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

Now, I know this was back in December, but you know what? You're going to have to own this shit Yoshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom