• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blegh, gonna have to wait an additional month til housing can even come within my price range for a small plot. :|

But yay for /slap! (Oh and /hug, too, I s'pose) And yay for Sands, Oil and UAT dropping all the time in Coil and ST respectively!

Wilsongt

Players may now add recipes to the hotbar and directly open the respective page of the Crafting Log.

As if my crafting bar wasn't cluttered enough. :O

A feature has been added for disabling the display of battle-related error messages that appear at the top of the screen.
Yay! No more message waiting for me as I spam click ruru's Contageon and Ruin. :O

The item subcommand "Item Comparison" has been added.

YAY!

SLAP! Time to slap some lalas!

The background music for Pharos Sirius has been adjusted.

:O So now the music will play the whole time!? Pharos will be bearable!

So some nice little quality of life adjustments and progression for novus folks. But for us plebs who don't run coil, don't do hunts, and don't even have an animus yet, this patch is a bust in terms of things to do.

Kenai

Those housing prices are fucking terrible. There's gonna be some serious salt on the official forums. And I have read the nexus upgrade details like 6 times now and I still understand nothing.

/hug and /slap tho

Well at least we know now why there was never a preview of player housing, they literally did shit all with it and just did a copy/paste job when giving it to players. Now the question is, why will there be restrictions for players when both player and fc hosuing is the same damn thing?

scy

Nexus Weapon = Spiritbonding 2.0! Can even grind FATEs again so it's like Atma 2.0!

Seriously though, my best guess is they just don't want you to grind X repeatedly and you'll have to vary your grinding between all sorts of content. I can't wait for the Guildhest step.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
qRBStqG.png

FeCQQcs.gif

Controller Settings (PlayStation®4 version only)
Remote Play Settings
Enable rear touch pad (Default: On)
* This setting allows you to disable rear touch pad controls on your PlayStation®Vita when playing remotely.
Yes! F'ing finally....

Note that this will render the L2, L3, R2, and R3 unusable, so consider your intended control scheme carefully before disabling.
Come on! How hard is it for them to offer the option of remapping L2, L3, R2, & R3 to the corners of the front touch screen the way its setup during the launcher.

iammeiam

Housing feels like they still couldn't do whatever their initial plan was--I had no plans to buy housing so I'm not personally impacted, but Jesus Christ is that a mess.

Relic sounds like it's probably still terrible so I guess I'll just keep on not doing it.

But man am I going to slap the shit out of people. Replacing half my emote crossbar icons with /slap ASAP.

Nexus weapons sound like RNG something something grind all over again.

Really? To me it sounded like not RNG. Grind obviously, but it says your soul level increases, so I assume it's a gradual thing but it always increases a little bit at least. Doing certain activites at certain times will increase more and such. But you won't grind for 3hours and gain nothing, at least from what I understand. Sounds better than Atmas at least. And eh, might even get people to queue for dungeons again.

I assume the housing thing is kinda temporary, they're doing this to try to get some money out of the economy for now and in 2.4 the new areas will have more accessible prices, I guess. Though who knows, might still be 30millions for large houses or whatever. Don't care too much though, when I think personnal house, I don't think castle/manor, I think a single room appartment kind of thing, and the small house prices are alright, after they decay over time(2millions). Now I don't know if I wanna bother buying a house in the current residential areas though, not a big fan of how the Limsa one looks and hate the other 2. If we can get a Coerthas house in 2.4, I'd much rather wait for that. I guess in theory I could make 5millions back before 2.4 though.

chrono01

Well at least with the Sands of Time change I never have to do Hunts again.

Ever.

I need like...two more Sands for my BiS, and have been doing Hunts in-between my Second Coil runs to gear myself up more quickly. However, if one drops from every Turn in Second Coil [as well as in Syrcus Tower] it seems I no longer have any need to.

Whew.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well at least with the Sands of Time change I never have to do Hunts again.

Ever.

I need like...two more Sands for my BiS, and have been doing Hunts in-between my Second Coil runs to gear myself up more quickly. However, if one drops from every Turn in Second Coil [as well as in Syrcus Tower] it seems I no longer have any need to.

Whew.

Alena will be pleased.

chrono01

What does... what does that even mean...
I think it means something like your Novus increases by doing certain activities [FATE's, Dungeons, etc.] but the rate at which it improves isn't always constant. While you might always get attunement towards it, there might be times where you get a "bonus" that isn't expressively stated. So FATE's might give you more than Dungeons would during that time, and vice-versa.

At least, that's how I understood it.

Alena will be pleased.
Indeed.

For that as well as the /slap emote.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think it means something like your Novus increases by doing certain activities [FATE's, Dungeons, etc.] but the rate at which it improves isn't always constant. While you might always get attunement towards it, there might be times where you get a "bonus" that isn't expressively stated. So FATE's might give you more than Dungeons would during that time, and vice-versa.

Sounds almost like desynthing lol.

iammeiam

I read it as all housing wards could be personal or FC--I know on Ultros some of the wards weren't full (I think Lavender beds 5 or 6 is almost all vacant?), so I think there will be some 'cheaper' housing available for personal housing, and more than the two wards per area as options for purchase.

Wagram

Haha, SE doesn't disappoint when it comes to disappointing. Such a lazy implementation of personal housing.

I suppose it's nice to be that douche that already owns his own large personal fc house.

chrono01

Sounds almost like desynthing lol.
I haven't experienced desynthing for myself just yet, so I will take your word for it!

Having no knowledge of it, I'm not sure if the supposed plan to further upgrade your Novus is a good or bad thing.

The price of personal housing, though. That was a surprise.

scy

Two new UI scaling increments (90% and 110%) have been added.

Wait, this changes everything.

An issue wherein the aggro range for certain monsters was erroneously low.
With this fix, monsters—particularly those found in instanced dungeons, trials, and raids—will have a greater aggro range than players have been accustomed to until now.

...so does this change some of the ways to skip pulls in some dungeons? Like, sneaking behind mobs to avoid LoS aggro?

I hope this is how it is. I'm curious as to the impact / reason behind the Alexandrite drops attached to FATEs now too. Surprised atmas weren't added to this too just to help alleviate the future alt class relic weapons :x

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Let's just go over the notes.
Regarding Nexus. As we all know, Relic questline exists to boost demand in content that's been somehow dated or just less played. Nexus, despite being an Atma-style upgrade (i.e. upgrade in the name only) appears to be based on "activities". Sounds like they want us to play all kind of content depending on what's underused right now. This is not particularly a bad change considering hunts have murdered duty finder and then some. There's of course this "sharing of information" part which is really confusing, probably you won't be straight up told what you need to do, it's more likely a "I got 20 points from Titan Extreme today!" "Well, I got 1 point from Leviathan Hard today!" "Sounds like we need to do Titan Extreme!" model or something like that?

Yeah I'm somewhat considering retiring Thyrus.

Housing... the less said the better. I imagine they couldn't find a way to fit instanced player housing into their server capacity in the way it would've satisfied everyone. That really must be it, because doing it this shared way is just nothing short of spiteful. Only a few chosen have that kind of money without RMT and I assume every purchase, considering their small amount even all servers taken together, will be investigated, so don't even think about purchasing land if you have RMT history. Well, small houses sound realistic for most, but as the amount is ever so limited and even 8 extra wards will never be enough. Man, this is just depressing. What the fuck Yoshida, what the fuck.

Eastern La Noscea is getting extensions, interesting.

Kinda curious they didn't mention stats in Ramuh ring upgrades. If it's literally the same ring, only with i110 label slapped on it, that doesn't even match the other two 110 rings in the primary stat I will legit call foul play.

Cleric Stance is kill, well I guess I won't have to actually try in PVP anymore.
Sands for everyone! Oh wait everyone already has them.
Crafting recipe shortcuts are legit shook and one great thing in the update they've done.
Teleport interface is now clunkier than it was, t-thanks?

All in all a legitimately upsetting patch, probably the worst one in a while. No wonder they kept silent.

7498.jpg

Wilsongt

Wait, this changes everything.

...so does this change some of the ways to skip pulls in some dungeons? Like, sneaking behind mobs to avoid LoS aggro?

I hope this is how it is. I'm curious as to the impact / reason behind the Alexandrite drops attached to FATEs now too. Surprised atmas weren't added to this too just to help alleviate the future alt class relic weapons :x

Oh. This is gonna make those Wanderer's Palace DR runs suck.

scy

With the added Sands to Coil and ST, are hunts finally dead?

As far as ST is concerned, don't they fall under the loot lockout? I guess with Soldiery caps you don't really need more than one Sand/Oil a week anyway.

Oh. This is gonna make those Wanderer's Palace DR runs suck.

Honestly, I may be fine with this simply because I still haven't run the place and don't know the speedrun pulls anyway :x

But yeah, the only real thing that comes to mind are the walking behind dudes trash skips.

Ala Alba

Well, I feel silly thinking that a mere 3.5 million gil would be enough for a decent house.

As far as plot sizes go, can you still farm/chocobo raise with a small plot?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well, I feel silly thinking that a mere 3.5 million gil would be enough for a decent house.

Yeah, small houses do get stables privilege and one garden patch.

"Maybe" was the last we heard of either of those as far as I'm aware. We heard something about farming about a month and a half ago and that was they were thinking about it, and then chocobo raising I think was confirmed but even that could change.

Problem is that they really just haven't said jack about any of this, no live letter has gone into detail about personal housing, few mod/dev posts have. It was always expected to be something completely different than fc housing and yet here we are a year after they really started getting into housing of any kind....and it's the same exact thing for both.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

I'm pretty sure you can do both in a small plot. IIRC, the size of your plot determines how many garden patches you can have; small = 1 garden patch, medium = 2 garden patches, and large = 3 garden patches.

Valor

With the added Sands to Coil and ST, are hunts finally dead?
They've been pretty dead since the B nerf.

Makes a lot more sense than that backwards statement they issued. I wonder how much RNG they'll throw in to screw people over and make them cry.

They're still the fastest and best way to quickly cap Soldiery every week.
Not if Nexus has anything to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom