• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Pony drops instantly attune nexus in one shot. Believe.

Only if you win the roll.

There's a bitter glazing joke in there somewhere.

I eagerly look forward to glazed jokes for the next like ... okay, probably only a day or so before it's dead but still.

Let's be realistic: highest soul glazing gains will probably come from, like, Toto-rak, Lazy Laurence, and killing B ranks.

Amount of glazing directly proportional to how full of a clear you do.

Isaccard

Gettin' real tired of you bullshit Yoshida

Bullshit Yosida says said:
Hello, everyone. Producer and Director Yoshida here.

First of all, let me thank you all for your continued feedback.

As stated in the patch notes for Patch 2.38, the plots of land available for purchase in the housing areas will be the same for both Free Company and individual buyers. The introduction of housing plots in the future will also follow this structure.

However, we were only able to introduce two new wards at the release of personal housing. We know that this is a very small number of additional wards, and are aware that this means that a large number of players will be unable to purchase land. Please accept our sincerest apologies for being unable to add a large number of new housing plots.

The development team has been making the most of limited server resources to develop a new system that will allow us to add as many new housing plots as possible, but as we need to perform extensive optimization and debugging operations, we will not be able to implement this until Patch 2.4.

Some of you may be thinking it would have been better to simply wait until the release of Patch 2.4 instead of adding just a couple of housing wards, but please understand that we would like to do our utmost to ensure that new land is opened up as soon as possible, even if that means adding only a small number.

In the future, we plan to be able to double the total land for all existing housing wards, including the two new wards, in Patch 2.4 with the system changes that we are currently working on.
(Basically, the number of wards available now will be doubled in Patch 2.4).

With our current schedule for stability checks, it’s going to be difficult to add this in time for the release of Patch 2.4, but both the server and housing teams are working as hard as they can to make it possible. Once again, I’d like to share my sincerest apologies to all our players who have been unable to purchase land in the latest patch. Please hold on for another month or so until the release of Patch 2.4.

I will be sure to give you another update on additional housing land before the release of Patch 2.4.

Ala Alba

Yeah, small houses do get stables privilege and one garden patch.

Yea. I think large houses have more attainable garden space though.

I'm pretty sure you can do both in a small plot. IIRC, the size of your plot determines how many garden patches you can have; small = 1 garden patch, medium = 2 garden patches, and large = 3 garden patches.

Thanks. I'll probably hold out for hopefully a medium plot of land after 2.4. I can't see myself ever needing a large, but I think I'd end up unsatisfied with myself if I settled for small.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well I'm out. I have better venues to spend money on - philo mats (god I need way too many), I want that Kingly Whisker too and uhhh well mastercraft demimateria isn't gonna drop itself.

Guess I won't have to worry about buying a house ANYTIME soon. Just complete the DQ event and the moogle deliveries and then I can go back to Destiny

I think the biggest reason people want personal housing is so that they can garden. If they allow you to garden inside your FC room then they can ask whatever they want for personal housing. Those are some insane prices for one player to pony up.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I know I still have a ton of things I want/need to do in FFXIV...

Gear up MNK
Gear up/level up other jobs.
Finish BSM, ALC and ARM.
Meld CUL and my Gatherers (then go back for a couple of other crafting melds)
Clear some stuff...
etc.

But man, they have been talking about this Personal Housing since before launch and this is...really pathetic. =/ Just a punch to the gut. Is housing essential? No. Not at all. But it would be fun. Super fun. People in this game are creative and it would have been fun to participate in that and build my own little place in the world. Yeah, I'm sure I could be able to afford to the smallest, lowest class house in a month, but fuck it. =/

Really poor timing for this disappointment for the game (personally) too. The onslaught of other games is upon us and... well, time to play some other stuff too. =)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yoship and housing
FvMZTM4.jpg

Teremap

Banned
Wow.

All I wanted was a separate instance with entirely separate wards possibly made up entirely of small houses priced lower than FC housing.

Instead we got... this.

What the fuck, Squeenix.

What the fuck?!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, this was some disappointing patch notes. I wasn't really planning to get housing any time soon, but feel bad for those who were looking forward to it. As it stands, player housing is just terribly bungled.

Looking at Nexus weapon, it just reaffirms that I never want to take a relic past zenith. All of the grind involved with that thing is boring, tedious drudgery. Make the process fun because as it stands it's the antithesis of that.

what a joke. thank God I don't have internet right now or I'd vent more. also PvP balance is hilarious.

edit: how the fuck do you make the shittiest house 4mil and the best 87. good to know personal gardens are dead. drama about to work overtime

Taruranto

How much until servers come back?

I wonder if those housing prices will be the last straw for some players.

Hey, remember this?

Now, I know this was back in December, but you know what? You're going to have to own this shit Yoshi.

He also said he wouldn't implement any time-limit, and yet...

Housing has been a giant fiasco. They obviously realized they don't have the server capacity for it and have been slowly backing down on it.

Housing has been a giant fiasco. They obviously realized they don't have the server capacity for it and have been slowly backing down on it.

The thing is though they obviously realized the server capacity was terrible right when the game launched and they had issues with people logging in for several weeks, and then again when people did nothing but run AK, and again when fc housing released.

There is no way they couldn't have known this shit was going to happen at this point after it happening so many times in the past. I understand upgrading every single server so it can handle more than the bare minimum of load isn't exactly the cheapest of things, but considering how well this game is doing now, there really is no excuse at this point.

Not to mention ST. Double sands and guaranteed oil drop from Xande now.

Well cap is still gonna be soldiery, and hunts give more soldiery than coil or ST, so doesn't really change much imo, but it's an alternative route at least, for people who really hate hunts. If you do the A train twice a week, you still cap soldiery and get enough seals to buy a sand to go with it, so I'll probably keep doing that.

i could get a medium house. but what's the point? people don't spend much time in houses or rooms. there is nothing to do in there. we can't even play triple triad. what if you decorated your room in the guild house already?

wake me when we get /lick.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well cap is still gonna be soldiery, and hunts give more soldiery than coil or ST, so doesn't really change much imo, but it's an alternative route at least, for people who really hate hunts. If you do the A train twice a week, you still cap soldiery and get enough seals to buy a sand to go with it, so I'll probably keep doing that.

Well, for those with coil on farm or in a solid group for ST, running those is still faster than grinding enough seals. Second Coil will now drop 3 oils and 3 sands. T6 especially becomes more appealing.

Well, for those with coil on farm or in a solid group for ST, running those is still faster than grinding enough seals. Second Coil will now drop 3 oils and 3 sands. T6 especially becomes more appealing.

Don't know how coil drops are done but for ST I assume sands count for the weekly item anyway right? So it's either that or an UAT or whatever glamour/temporary armor for an alt. It is faster to get a sand that way for sure, my point was, if you want to cap soldiery you're gonna have to do other stuff on top of it. Hunts let you do both at the same time, if you get your sands in ST or Coil, you'll have to do duty expert for a few days or stuff like that. So the time you gain from getting a sand that way, you'll lose from having to cap soldiery. Still is a good alternative.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Don't know how coil drops are done but for ST I assume sands count for the weekly item anyway right? So it's either that or an UAT or whatever glamour/temporary armor for an alt. It is faster to get a sand that way for sure, my point was, if you want to cap soldiery you're gonna have to do other stuff on top of it. Hunts let you do both at the same time, if you get your sands in ST or Coil, you'll have to do duty expert for a few days or stuff like that. So the time you gain from getting a sand that way, you'll lose from having to cap soldiery. Still is a good alternative.

Coil has a different loot lockout. Each Turn (6-9) can be completed once per week but you can obtain as many pieces that drop as you want, provided you win the roll.

Taruranto

It's funny how they are willing to instance everything but the only thing it should be OK to instance.

I think most players would be alright with a personal, cheap instanced mog-house. FFXI did it, how hard it could be?

Coil has a different loot lockout. Each Turn (6-9) can be completed once per week but you can obtain as many pieces that drop as you want, provided you win the roll.

Oh ok so the old system, wasn't sure it was still that way. Yeah guess it'd be faster to get sands this way if you're already clearing it, since it's basically free shit at this point, so the time doing the soldiery stuff would be equal or lower than the time doing hunts. As a ST drop I'm not sure, though I guess a lot of people will pass on them making them easy to get in a single run, and a single ST even in a shit group goes super fast, so if you only need a sand out of the dungeon might as well.

Anyway I guess I should start gearing up one of my chars in this weathered/sand shit at some point. All my chars are still full i90 like newbs, was waiting on Nexus and Housing to see what to do with my money and tokens. Guess my money will go into getting my crafting stuff up to date on at least 3-4crafts and my tokens will go into gearing my SCH.

Kenai

How much until servers come back?

Officially 7amest/4ampst, but they've been known to come up early.

This is what i think too. Really sucks that instancing has been such a continuous dilemma considering how often they want/need to use it.

I guess I'll settle for a medium house. The high prices mean I'll have time to plan out buying with neighbors for 2.4.

WolvenOne

So, my reactions.

Housing's a bit more expensive than I thought, but not all THAT much more expensive. Expect prices to come down a bit in 2.4 when they massively expand the amount of housing districts.

The fact that they didn't add any new housing zones is a bit disappointing, but not surprising really.

Nexus grind sounds interesting, plus it means I can get Android running on my Axe, SWEET! In all honesty though, it'll probably take a few days for people to figure out what activities boost your weapons attunement the most, but once people figure it out, I expect people will get their weapon grind a hummin.

The fact that you can respec your Novus at any point once you've done the grind, is also good news. Granted, you'll still need 75+ Materia and a boatload of Alexandrite, but with Myth falling from the sky and Alexandrite from Hunts, it should probably only take a few weeks per each respec...

...well, assuming you have said boatload of cash for the Materia. Expect Det and Crit materia to go back up in price, as people start re-specing their weapons.

I personally, am going to go for my Nexus first, while stocking up on Alexandrite and Materia. I'll need to see how the next set of Tome/Coil Tank gear looks like stat wise, and know what the ACC caps for third Coil is going to be like. If Third Coil's stat requirements are high, and accuracy on Tank gear is sparse, I may have no choice but to put accuracy on it again. :p

WolvenOne

Let's not kid ourselves: housing is too expensive.

Oh, it is. The uber rich will be going after it anyway, but I do not expect housing to take off until 2.4, and even then, only slowly. In addition to price, being only the same residential districts again is going to kill interest for some people.

Lets be honest though, some people will buy small lots, if only for the gardening spots. They'll figure that they can make up the price by selling minions or something.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not only is individual housing too expensive, how did they think having individual people across an entire server compete for only two wards was a good idea?

I thought for sure everything would be instanced, and while it's cool that it isn't, the current implementation is fucking horrible.

Mairu

It's pretty surprising that personal housing isn't being positioned as casual content.
Lets be honest though, some people will buy small lots, if only for the gardening spots. They'll figure that they can make up the price by selling minions or something.
Hope if you're interested in a small plot you plan on logging in when the servers go up. With those costs they'll probably all go very fast.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Oh, it is. The uber rich will be going after it anyway, but I do not expect housing to take off until 2.4, and even then, only slowly. In addition to price, being only the same residential districts again is going to kill interest for some people.

I laugh so hard to this:

Personal Housing
While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.

We realize that these measures will not immediately satisfy all players, especially those on legacy Worlds who are either new to the game or returning from extended absences. We ask for your patience and understanding as we strive to create a balanced housing system.

Posted by Yoshida.

Not only is individual housing too expensive, how did they think having individual people across an entire server compete for only two wards was a good idea?

I thought for sure everything would be instanced, and while it's cool that it isn't, the current implementation is fucking horrible.

Also to note, they're still shared with FC, so you're technically competing both against other single players but FC who can pool more money, especially for medium plots. It feels like a fairly rushed job, basically the only thing they added was the ability for individuals to buy current houses, and that's pretty much it. There's no real individual housing mechanics or anything. Seems like the kind of stuff they could have added from the start(but it makes sense they didn't so FC could get houses first).

I expect a much more detailed system later, but based on the post about 2.4, it doesn't look like it'll be that either. Maybe not until the expansion. Maybe the areas in 2.4 will be designed to accomodate players more though, by offering even smaller plots for cheap with a bit of garden, basically what most people were looking forward to.

Nohar

You got to be kidding me. AGAIN with the housing prices Yoshida? That's downright low, especially after telling that the individual houses would cost less than FC ones.

Let's not kid ourselves: housing is too expensive.
The only way my FC even grabbed a little house was due to selling that Inferno Horn and making a couple million off of it and the little bits of Gil we stashed away over time.

Now I'm looking at that chart and seeing 3.2m for even a small one on our server? Geebus, I feel lucky snagging the one we picked for 1.7 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom